Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

Who Deserves This.. Pythagoras Or Einstein? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Who Deserves This.. Pythagoras Or Einstein? (29140 Views)

11 Year Old Autistic Boy Gets Highest Possible IQ Score, Beating Albert Einstein / 4 Times Albert Einstein Was Asked About God And His Genius Replies / This Is Why They Study Pythagoras In Schools; BLACK MAN DO NOT BE DECIEVED!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Deserves This.. Pythagoras Or Einstein? by xwolverine: 10:53pm On May 21, 2018
Pkjoz:
I give it to einstein. His deserve it becos it is a constant in his formular. But for pythagoras he can use X,Y,&Z

x,y, z is not the Greek alphabetical system.
There’s no “Y” in the Greek letters.
Xi, and Zeta are not in an immediate sequence

About the choice of letter C,

Work done on an object by a constant force where displacement is at same direction is called Kinetic Energy.

The C might have come from the word constant force

The full expression is:
E=mc2/√ 1-(v2/c2)

3 Likes

Re: Who Deserves This.. Pythagoras Or Einstein? by Nobody: 11:04pm On May 21, 2018
I give it to the two great men.

Kudos!
Re: Who Deserves This.. Pythagoras Or Einstein? by Henon: 11:27pm On May 21, 2018
obonujoker:
As for me though, I will give it to Einstein, coz I hate bald headed people... grin
And the bald headed man, is wearing a kaftan like Buhari, so I feel Einstein will do a better job...

So I give it to Einstein...

Lol.. I m not a science student o...
Hate? That's too strong. It occurs naturally; not their fault.

1 Like

Re: Who Deserves This.. Pythagoras Or Einstein? by donefezy: 11:33pm On May 21, 2018
musicwriter:
Neither of them invented it.

Einstein was influenced by Isaac Newton.

Newton was influenced by Pythagoras.

Pythagoras himself was influenced by Imhotep, the world's first multi-genius who lived here in Africa. Imhotep lived during the reign of pharaoh Djoser (2686 BC - 2649 BC) and he was the one that developed the a2+b2 formula when he was building the step pyramid. The formula was later perfected by Pharaoh Kufour, who used it to build the perfect pyramid at Giza. All this happened over 2,000 years before Pythagoras was born. Indeed, Pythagoras learned mathematics, music, and geometry here in Africa where he came to school.

Your schools would never tell you this in the western controlled indoctrination called education.

Imhotep, the world's first scientist.

Are you saying Pharoah built the pyramid of Giza? If yes how is it possible? Can you help me with links
Re: Who Deserves This.. Pythagoras Or Einstein? by smith666999(m): 11:34pm On May 21, 2018
Are they dragging over the ownership of Nokia C2?
I no even understand...
Re: Who Deserves This.. Pythagoras Or Einstein? by musicwriter(m): 12:01am On May 22, 2018
donefezy:

Are you saying Pharoah built the pyramid of Giza? If yes how is it possible? Can you help me with links

It was built under the reign of a pharaoh named Kufour. It doesn't mean he used his hands to put the blocks.

Babangida built the third mainland bridge in Lagos. Get it?

You can google pharaoh Kufour the builder of the great pyramid in Egypt.
Re: Who Deserves This.. Pythagoras Or Einstein? by FulaniTerrorist: 12:33am On May 22, 2018
emmanuelpopson:

gbam...
the imperialist would not agree that blacks once dominate the scientific field.. God bless you for this info..

Arabs not Blacks
Africa is not only about Blacks that's why the West use the term Sub-Sahara
Re: Who Deserves This.. Pythagoras Or Einstein? by Pasqual(m): 1:57am On May 22, 2018
Actually, Pythagoras did not even bothered much about the squares on the alphabets; that's why in his triples you don't see the squares there... Making C the subject of the formula (since you ain't looking for c squared) yields square root of a squared and b squared.. Hence, I give it to Einstein... Though I'm a fan of Pythagoras

1 Like

Re: Who Deserves This.. Pythagoras Or Einstein? by Pasqual(m): 2:11am On May 22, 2018
[quote author=musicwriter post=67760048]
Your schools would never tell you this in the western controlled indoctrination called education.

Where and when is it supposed to be taught??

But for you information My dear. Mth201 titled: History of Mathematics has all this in it.. Either you are not an undergraduate or you are not in Mathematics department (so why will you be taught this).. Don't blame people's ignorance on the Educational system because they're some things you are suppose to do research about even if you aren't taught though this is not part of it because it is been taught where and when it should... Thanks
Re: Who Deserves This.. Pythagoras Or Einstein? by trapQ: 2:18am On May 22, 2018
Einstein the smartest genius of all time made a mistake that only know? Lmao
Solstar:
Unrelated hypothesis, it cant even make it to hypothesis, needless to say it is an issue worth being discussed. In one case Pythagoras is representing values of attributes with alphabeths as an illustration and on the other case, Einstein is using Alphabeths to represent energy phases within the Unified Field.

So then, if the battle is about the superiority of the avatars compared, then we must understand that both men, are not Gods on the same aspects of Science. One is a Mathematician and the other is an Quantum Mechanist so the alphabeths represented different variables.

Who is smarter ? I go for Pythogoras, especially when Einstein made a great blunder on the theory of relativity. That error alone has misled so many scientists, many are not still aware of Einstein error today but look at him as some God, but then, the man tried.
Re: Who Deserves This.. Pythagoras Or Einstein? by OyinO: 2:30am On May 22, 2018
Cosplay:

I believe he regretted what his discoveries came to be used for, and not the scientific discoveries themselves.

Science is neither 'good' nor 'bad'. Science is not morality.

It's like facts. A banana is a fruit. That statement is neither good nor bad, neither positive nor negative.

Special relativity was a modern breakthrough which came to have far reaching applications such as in nuclear fission, in nuclear reactors in power plants.

While it is accurate that special relativity created a relatively new breed of powerful weapons, it also fostered insight into fusion and illumination of the Geophysical characteristics of the earth.

You may have read or heard about vital anti cancer drugs like cyclophosphamide used in Breast Cancer or Multiple Myeloma. That would be considered a 'good' development, I'd bet.

However you may not know that during World War II, Nitrogen Mustard gas was discovered and developed subsequently into blistering chemical agents used till this day with devastating effect in chemical warfare.

Cyclophosphamide is a Nitrogen Mustard.

Would you then consider it 'good' or 'bad?

Pepper spray is a powerful personal protection tool.

But did you know that the primary inventor has severally mentioned his regret that it is often used by draconian regimes to curb public protests?

Does that then make Pepper Spray good or bad?

Science is an Objective process. The applications of that scientific process is where morality lies therein.
A great intellect

3 Likes

Re: Who Deserves This.. Pythagoras Or Einstein? by pressplay411(m): 5:35am On May 22, 2018
blingxx:

u talk of warfare as its a good thing.... the theory of relativity was also used when creating the atomic bomb that destroyed Hiroshima and Nagasaki even einstien himself regretted some of his achievements

Einstein regretted his letter. But Robert Oppenheimer was the physicist whose team would forever change warfare and now the safety and existence of humanity hangs on a thread.
Re: Who Deserves This.. Pythagoras Or Einstein? by IkemChris(m): 7:51am On May 22, 2018
They should both share it and leave our lives alone. This two guys really made a fool of us with this letter. grin
Re: Who Deserves This.. Pythagoras Or Einstein? by IkemChris(m): 7:51am On May 22, 2018
They should both share it and leave our lives alone. This two guys really made a fool of us with this letter. grin[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Who Deserves This.. Pythagoras Or Einstein? by israelmao(m): 7:52am On May 22, 2018
Scientific invention or discovery is always a progressive modification.If one had not created the basis the other one would not have had an inkling of where to go.In creativity brilliance is borrowed for incremental process.Therefore, if Pythgoras theorem had not existed C square that represents speed of light in the equation would not have been discovered and E and M which represent energy and mass respectively would have been useless.There is no doubt that Albert Einstein's discovery as regards to E=MC^2 which is called theory of relativity,brought great change in our world but one thing led to another.
Re: Who Deserves This.. Pythagoras Or Einstein? by akigbemaru: 9:55am On May 22, 2018
obonujoker:
Who actually deserves this more??

Einstein or Pythagoras... Science students should know better, and why is the one deserving of it??

Mynd44
Laslaticlala
FTC...
Re: Who Deserves This.. Pythagoras Or Einstein? by akigbemaru: 9:57am On May 22, 2018
oglalasioux:
C2 is not same in both mathematical expressions. For pythagoras it's a proof of expression of shapes while for Einstein's equation C stands for speed or celeritas in Latin.
Re: Who Deserves This.. Pythagoras Or Einstein? by akigbemaru: 9:58am On May 22, 2018
pressplay411:

Einstein regretted his letter. But Robert Oppenheimer was the physicist whose team would forever change warfare and now the safety and existence of humanity hangs on a thread.
Re: Who Deserves This.. Pythagoras Or Einstein? by akigbemaru: 10:01am On May 22, 2018
israelmao:
Scientific invention or discovery is always a progressive modification.If one had not created the basis the other one would not have had an inkling of where to go.In creativity brilliance is borrowed for incremental process.Therefore, if Pythgoras theorem had not existed C square that represents speed of light in the equation would not have been discovered and E and M which represent energy and mass respectively would have been useless.There is no doubt that Albert Einstein's discovery as regards to E=MC^2 which is called theory of relativity,brought great change in our world but one thing led to another.
Re: Who Deserves This.. Pythagoras Or Einstein? by Amujale(m): 3:00pm On Apr 09, 2019
PVision2020:
100% Pythagoras. There is simply no basis for comparison. When Pythagoras was postulating the theorem for the Area of a right angle triangle (A^2+B^2 = C^2) Einstein was still in the bowel of his ancestors.
It was the finished works of Pythagoras and the other early days mathematicians/philosophers that Einstein and his mate relied on to make their famous discoveries.

In conclusion Pythagoras brought something out of nothing while Einstein stood on the shoulders of the elders (Pythagoras and co) to make exploit

I am in full agreement with your point of view here and would go on further to add, eventhough its been argued that Pythagoras didnt invent his theorem, he was taught by KMTic priests e.g Imhotep, who have been using simple and complicated mathematics for hundred upon thousands of years before Pythagoras was born.

The Pythagorean Thorem is my favourite expression ever.

a^{2}+b^{2}=c^{2}

Pythagoras was amongst the first non-African academics to appreciate phi (φ) being the basis of the "golden ratio" and as such resulted him incorporating into his calculations, Euclid of Alexandria also made heavy use of the "golden proportion" which is the same as the "golden ratio".

The golden ratio 1.61803398875 is an irrational number that is a solution to the quadratic equation

x^{2}-x-1=0 where φ = 1.6180339887...

Arguably, the Golden Ratio is one of the most celebrated numbers in the history of mathematics.

And so i choose The Pythagorean Thorem against Einstein's Theory of Relativity alday, everyday.

However, Albert Einstein is also one of my all time favourite physicist due to his awesome break into quantum physics.

Currently, my all time favourite scientist is called Lewis Latimer.

E=MC^2 Dreadful stuff if used incorrectly, great and fascinating stuff if used correctly.
Re: Who Deserves This.. Pythagoras Or Einstein? by Amujale(m): 5:11pm On Apr 11, 2019
FulaniTerrorist:

Arabs not Blacks
Africa is not only about Blacks that's why the West use the term Sub-Sahara

The term "Sub-Sahara" is derogatory and shouldnt be ever used in an African context.

Use a more accurate language i.e "South of The Sahara" instead

Black, Brown or Bronze, Africans consider ourselves as equals before the Almighty God.

In the social sciences, to call 'anything' "sub" is to accept that its inferior to something else.

Let me prove to you that the term 'sub' is not to be used in the African context, and that the term 'sub' is unAfrican.

The term "sub" is a socio-scientific construct that has its maiden use in the classification of non human species into inferior and superior classes.

Americans, Asians nor Europeans DO NOT use the term 'sub' when describing the people of their nations, Africans shouldnt uses that term to describe ourselves.
Re: Who Deserves This.. Pythagoras Or Einstein? by Basic123: 6:42pm On Apr 11, 2019
AkpaMgbor:

Color me cynical, but I think einstein was overhyped..Pythagoras was a greater mathematical genius and as far as geniuses go, Einstein pales in comparison to people like Thomas Edison and Leonardo Da Vinci to mention a few.
VERY VERY OVER HYPED

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Burial Of Dada Oluwaseyifunmi Kehinde, FUOYE Student Killed By Police (Photos) / Is There Any Difference Between WAEC And GCE? / Winners Chapel University Abuja - Nasarawa Kicks Off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.