Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,139 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

Travel Freaks But No Money Get In Here Let's Talk - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travel Freaks But No Money Get In Here Let's Talk (47620 Views)

FG Moves To Reopen Abuja-Kaduna Train Service, No Money Paid For Victims / Travel Freaks Get In Here / Nigerian Man Asks Cambodian Immigration To Send Him Home, Says He Has No Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Travel Freaks But No Money Get In Here Let's Talk by talk2tosep(m): 4:11am On Jun 04, 2018
LimeLyte:
but in your NL profile,your location is saying Toronto,Canada..lol
...lol I wonder what you looking for in my profile...anyway thanks for the observation I did that while in CA...

1 Like

Re: Travel Freaks But No Money Get In Here Let's Talk by cronsberg: 6:24am On Jun 04, 2018
vulpeslopez:
if u r a university graduate,with 2yr work experience....NYSC counts as 1 and u can score 7,7,7,7 in ur ietls,with Proof of funds.....u r good to apply.....goodluck
on a second thought, after going through some pages of the express entry thread, and actually trying out eligibility questionaire on cic website, i think the express entry thing might be very do-able afterall. Am a graduate with four years experience already, i know some french )will enroll in french classes here in nija to enable me take the french test also( and will apply as soon as my funds are upto par. Thanks mehn

3 Likes

Re: Travel Freaks But No Money Get In Here Let's Talk by Obriken(m): 7:33am On Jun 04, 2018
kunzzy4me:
Make I park my load come here jare ...me self Don tire for this country..
I think it's a nice idea.
Re: Travel Freaks But No Money Get In Here Let's Talk by Obriken(m): 7:38am On Jun 04, 2018
vulpeslopez:
yes o.......me too,na money just dey hold me down......I think we should create a group strictly for aspiring travellers.......who is interested.
You're in the group already na.
Re: Travel Freaks But No Money Get In Here Let's Talk by yusuftosho: 7:40am On Jun 04, 2018
Hi, chief,

Very interesting one there.

Have gone through the website you stated and I have few questions to confirm from you.
1. Did you get to travel with volunteers jobs from Nigeria or after you left Nigeria?
2. The website requested for payment before enjoying the services?
3. What is other procedure after been offer volunteers job?

I will appreciate you revert

Regards

Sallymax:

I like your dreams. If it's only invitation Letter you need, then look for an organization that need volunteers and apply if you are successful then they will send an invitation Letter to you but as a l mentioned it's a voluntary job opportunity, you wouldn't earn money during your stay in the host country but work experience and Living your dream.

For volunteers website

1. Workaway

2. Helpx

The above websites will help you to get started

But if you don't have money , please don't waste all your time on Travel section. Go to business section and see if you can learn something

Note: l will advise you to Learn a skill and join any of this site

1. Upwork

2. Fiverr

Or any easy to join freelancer job site.

Trendy skills for ladies is to be Virtual assistant.

You can add writing, animation, voiceover or whatever skill you want to the list.

Use the skill to earn money. Don't expect it to be easy but if you really want it you will go for it.

Imagine that you can Make at least $500 a month for one year. You will have enough cash for you Bank statement. With this you can contact a Tourism company in your desire country and buy any of their tourism package. Apply f for your visa and travel.

But if you don't want to travel as a tourist, check for freelancer visa friendly countries and travel down there.

Everything is possible if you believe you can make it.

Don't wait for people to tell you things, do your personal research and get started.

You're not poor, just that you don't have the right information.

Those guys outside Nigeria don't value your paper qualifications as a Nigerian but your skills.

Imagine being a good Growth hacker, copywriter,or programmer, with a good portfolio. Any of this startup companies will be begging you to join their companies.

I just have to take time and reply this your post. Because l believe you're smart enough to work your way out of your fear and live your dream Life.

I wish you success

Re: Travel Freaks But No Money Get In Here Let's Talk by Nobody: 9:34am On Jun 04, 2018
Sallymax:

I like your dreams. If it's only invitation Letter you need, then look for an organization that need volunteers and apply if you are successful then they will send an invitation Letter to you but as a l mentioned it's a voluntary job opportunity, you wouldn't earn money during your stay in the host country but work experience and Living your dream.

For volunteers website

1. Workaway

2. Helpx

The above websites will help you to get started

But if you don't have money , please don't waste all your time on Travel section. Go to business section and see if you can learn something

Note: l will advise you to Learn a skill and join any of this site

1. Upwork

2. Fiverr

Or any easy to join freelancer job site.

Trendy skills for ladies is to be Virtual assistant.

You can add writing, animation, voiceover or whatever skill you want to the list.

Use the skill to earn money. Don't expect it to be easy but if you really want it you will go for it.

Imagine that you can Make at least $500 a month for one year. You will have enough cash for you Bank statement. With this you can contact a Tourism company in your desire country and buy any of their tourism package. Apply f for your visa and travel.

But if you don't want to travel as a tourist, check for freelancer visa friendly countries and travel down there.

Everything is possible if you believe you can make it.

Don't wait for people to tell you things, do your personal research and get started.

You're not poor, just that you don't have the right information.

Those guys outside Nigeria don't value your paper qualifications as a Nigerian but your skills.

Imagine being a good Growth hacker, copywriter,or programmer, with a good portfolio. Any of this startup companies will be begging you to join their companies.

I just have to take time and reply this your post. Because l believe you're smart enough to work your way out of your fear and live your dream Life.

I wish you success

Good points. Very helpful. Pls What are my chances of getting a job from LinkedIn? Cos Linkedin is now like my Facebook. Being updating and updating my profile.
I am a HR professional with 7 years experience and 1year experience in recycling.
Re: Travel Freaks But No Money Get In Here Let's Talk by Leonardahamba: 10:10am On Jun 04, 2018
Broo please add me to the group @09069619079.
Re: Travel Freaks But No Money Get In Here Let's Talk by Leonardahamba: 10:14am On Jun 04, 2018
Haryoureendey4:
Already created a group for this thread on WhatsApp u can now join via dis link https:///Ar1wy14HdkpC5Gh2WtPFSC
please add me to the group @ 09069619079 the link is not working
Re: Travel Freaks But No Money Get In Here Let's Talk by vulpeslopez(m): 10:24am On Jun 04, 2018
cronsberg:
on a second thought, after going through some pages of the express entry thread, and actually trying out eligibility questionaire on cic website, i think the express entry thing might be very do-able afterall. Am a graduate with four years experience already, i know some french )will enroll in french classes here in nija to enable me take the french test also( and will apply as soon as my funds are upto par. Thanks mehn
French test??u want to go to France??I trowey salute for u
Re: Travel Freaks But No Money Get In Here Let's Talk by Kissup(f): 11:22am On Jun 04, 2018
Ok dear
merxi55:
you're not the only one kissup...its almost top on my priority list... What can we do about it? Its very possible, we just need the right kind of people and motivation...it doesn't matter how long but surely. Let's plan...I'm love action.
Re: Travel Freaks But No Money Get In Here Let's Talk by Kissup(f): 11:31am On Jun 04, 2018
U sure.i heard they only give people with masters degree
Chrisdada16:

I know of someone who use nysc as work experience and was given PR
Re: Travel Freaks But No Money Get In Here Let's Talk by Kissup(f): 11:38am On Jun 04, 2018
Yes a whatsapp group should be created but how do we get phone numbers of interested persons
LimeLyte:
agreed.. A group should be created..
Re: Travel Freaks But No Money Get In Here Let's Talk by cronsberg: 11:42am On Jun 04, 2018
vulpeslopez:
French test??u want to go to France??I trowey salute for u
you no know say canada get two official languages? English and french, and that knowledge of the french language improves your crs points on the express entry profile. Since i already know some basic french, why not improve on it a bit and use it to my advantage. Tu e' compri? Ces paske' je trez bon pur l'angue' fracaise'

3 Likes

Re: Travel Freaks But No Money Get In Here Let's Talk by Kissup(f): 11:47am On Jun 04, 2018
I tried entering the group but d link isn't opening
Obriken:

You're in the group already na.
Re: Travel Freaks But No Money Get In Here Let's Talk by vulpeslopez(m): 11:53am On Jun 04, 2018
cronsberg:
you no know say canada get two official languages? English and french, and that knowledge of the french language improves your crs points on the express entry profile. Since i already know some basic french, why not improve on it a bit and use it to my advantage. Tu e' compri? Ces paske' je trez bon pur l'angue' fracaise'
bro,no be to know basic o.....na to know am well.....bonjour.....see me too sabi the basic.....stick to English way u sabi.....**my 5cents**

2 Likes

Re: Travel Freaks But No Money Get In Here Let's Talk by vulpeslopez(m): 11:55am On Jun 04, 2018
Kissup:
Yes a whatsapp group should be created but how do we get phone numbers of interested persons
I think telegraph is better,but there is that little problem of number dropping in a forum......***scammers are real***
Re: Travel Freaks But No Money Get In Here Let's Talk by Sallymax: 12:01pm On Jun 04, 2018
yusuftosho:
Hi, chief,

Very interesting one there.

Have gone through the website you stated and I have few questions to confirm from you.
1. Did you get to travel with volunteers jobs from Nigeria or after you left Nigeria?
2. The website requested for payment before enjoying the services?
3. What is other procedure after been offer volunteers job?

I will appreciate you revert

Regards

I will answer your question accordingly

1. Yes, you will travel out of Nigeria as a volunteer to work in any of your host Country. I will advise you to start with an African country, although most of the offer from Africa involve farming and childcare, you need this on your profile for reference when you want to apply for European Countries and in most cases, Your host will write a Recommendation Letter if they were impressed with your action while you were with them.

On this mission, you may receive either free food or accommodation or both in most case in exchange for your time and service, but no payment unless stated by your host.

Now I wouldn't skip to mention that you should travel as a freelancer with all the skills in the world you can get. For example if you end up in school teaching children for 4-5 hours a day. you use the other free hours to make money online with your skill. and if you don't understand this is what you will earn.
*Free invitation Letter from a host company, school or individual
* official visa on yourr passport ( you need this in most cases as a traveling proof to some advance country)
* free accomdation and food (Not in all case)
* free time to work on your personal project after your primary assignment
* Above all the experience in the host community

shocked Nigerian hardly volunteer so you wouldn't see a thread like this on this forum, either we are going to school , business or Tourism but the truth is most of the Nomad foreigners l meet use volunteerin as a way of travelling around the world.

2. Always use your search engine to confirm any information you read onlline. The attached image will help to answer your second question.

3. Learn to network. I mean if you travel out to any country in the world try to network. Look for their Expat community, most of those guys are freelancers and will help you out. Ask what service you can do in the country as a foreigner.

Learn to write words
Learn to write Code
Learn Foreign Lauguage incase you arrive and they don't speak Englist then you go out to teach them English for a fee
Learn to add more skills to your profile incase your Luck decide to shine through your skill
Join the Entreprenue gang to survive any where you go

Note: No country is easy. Once you get what you want move to where you want to go

Hope the above few tips will help

1 Like

Re: Travel Freaks But No Money Get In Here Let's Talk by egorov(m): 12:08pm On Jun 04, 2018
Please add me to the group 07060661172
Re: Travel Freaks But No Money Get In Here Let's Talk by Kissup(f): 12:18pm On Jun 04, 2018
True talk
vulpeslopez:
I think telegraph is better,but there is that little problem of number dropping in a forum......***scammers are real***
Re: Travel Freaks But No Money Get In Here Let's Talk by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jun 04, 2018
Oya make una drop link na
Re: Travel Freaks But No Money Get In Here Let's Talk by Pearlyakin(m): 12:38pm On Jun 04, 2018
The group link is not opening maybe we should drop our number, and you are added you can delete the number.
Re: Travel Freaks But No Money Get In Here Let's Talk by Joohan: 12:54pm On Jun 04, 2018
Pearlyakin:
The group link is not opening maybe we should drop our number, and you are added you can delete the number.

grin
Re: Travel Freaks But No Money Get In Here Let's Talk by Sallymax: 1:22pm On Jun 04, 2018
Spygadgets19:

Good points. Very helpful. Pls What are my chances of getting a job from LinkedIn? Cos Linkedin is now like my Facebook. Being updating and updating my profile.
I am a HR professional with 7 years experience and 1year experience in recycling.

First LinkedIn is where you should network to meet more professional people who may need your service.

I don't use it often but from my observation, you should try and become an Authority in your Niche, write good articles, network, use other social media like Facebook to connect with other entrepreneurs. Make sure you target Influencers and Founders of company and Internet marketers and another trending professional that you know may easily need your services.

For Facebook l will recommend (Groups Like) 1. Millennial Entrepreneur, 2. Badass marketers & founders (BAMF) and more. once you join introduce yourself and try to stay positive you can't tell someone from this group may need your service. Check for the group LinkedIn post and try to network from there.

Note don't wait for Client to discover you, make sure you go out of your way to find them

1 Like

Re: Travel Freaks But No Money Get In Here Let's Talk by Haryoureendey4(m): 1:47pm On Jun 04, 2018
Interesting thread
Re: Travel Freaks But No Money Get In Here Let's Talk by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jun 04, 2018
Want to make your next vacation the best?
Visit this post below
https://arnavti..com/2018/06/how-to-plan-life-time-vacation.html?m=1

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travel Freaks But No Money Get In Here Let's Talk by HokageTravels: 2:00pm On Jun 04, 2018
Travelling doesn't require huge sums like that.. Here is a travel package for Dubai for just 450k including flight

1 Like

Re: Travel Freaks But No Money Get In Here Let's Talk by Pearlyakin(m): 2:04pm On Jun 04, 2018
Joohan:

09090eighty-eight 7010 smiley
Lol, aunty Johan am not a member of the group yet.
Re: Travel Freaks But No Money Get In Here Let's Talk by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jun 04, 2018
Sallymax:

First LinkedIn is where you should network to meet more professional people who may need your service.

I don't use it often but from my observation, you should try and become an Authority in your Niche, write good articles, network, use other social media like Facebook to connect with other entrepreneurs. Make sure you target Influencers and Founders of company and Internet marketers and another trending professional that you know may easily need your services.

For Facebook l will recommend (Groups Like) 1. Millennial Entrepreneur, 2. Badass marketers & founders (BAMF) and more. once you join introduce yourself and try to stay positive you can't tell someone from this group may need your service. Check for the group LinkedIn post and try to network from there.

Note don't wait for Client to discover you, make sure you go out of your way to find them
Thanks for your response, people have actually been telling me to join Linkedin groups of my profession, but I don't know how to search groups on LinkedIn. I will try the one of Facebook you just recommended.
Re: Travel Freaks But No Money Get In Here Let's Talk by KingDemolah(m): 5:08pm On Jun 04, 2018

3 Likes

Re: Travel Freaks But No Money Get In Here Let's Talk by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jun 04, 2018
Many people dont know that scorpion venom is the most expensive liquid in the world. yet we kill them and post pictures on nairaland not knowing we are throwing money away.

NEW YORK WALL STREET JOURNAL REPORTS THAT A GALLON OF SCORPION VENOM COSTS ABOUT 38 MILLION DOLLARS!

Let's take advantage of this business to raise funds to go abroad by selling this Scorpions.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Travel Freaks But No Money Get In Here Let's Talk by HokageTravels: 8:25pm On Jun 04, 2018
Spygadgets19:
Many people dont know that scorpion venom is the most expensive liquid in the world. yet we kill them and post pictures on nairaland not knowing we are throwing money away.

NEW YORK WALL STREET JOURNAL REPORTS THAT A GALLON OF SCORPION VENOM COSTS ABOUT 38 MILLION DOLLARS!

Let's take advantage of this business to raise funds to go abroad by selling this Scorpions.

Lol you kidding right?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travel Freaks But No Money Get In Here Let's Talk by LimeLyte: 8:26pm On Jun 04, 2018
talk2tosep:
...lol I wonder what you looking for in my profile...anyway thanks for the observation I did that while in CA...
that's cool and really brave..I would like to be like you grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Scottish Lady Recounts Her Encounter With A Nigerian Toilet Attendant (photos) / Graphic Photos From The Accident On Akure Highway / BREAKING: Heavy Traffic As Damaged Plane Blocks Agege Motor ROAD (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.