Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:51 AM

After Uk Deportation... - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / After Uk Deportation... (4890 Views)

Bumi Thomas, Nigerian, Faces Deportation In UK. Given 14 Days To Leave / Deport Nigerians - South African Twitter Users Call For Mass Deportation / Disabled Nigerian Immigrant Faces Deportation After 34 Years In US. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After Uk Deportation... by Cyberknight: 9:59pm On May 21, 2018
travelland:

OP, do not listen to this false statement

This is funny. Not here to exchange assertions. The poster is well aware that the UK is making life difficult for everyone across the board who doesn't have an ILR or citizenship - they're harassing EU citizens who are not yet deemed settled, they're sending away skilled migrants who they actually need, the whole West Indian mess is in the news daily, and does it really make sense to think that they'd give a second chance to someone that was previously removed for an immigration violation when they're removing or attempting to remove people who have been settled or virtually settled in the UK for longer than the poster ever was?

Poster, all standard forms of obtaining entry to the UK will not work for you anymore. Understand that even a spousal reunion will most likely not work for you again because you have been proven to have attempted to abuse the process once. Should you find another spouse and genuinely contract a marriage with them and attempt to re-enter the UK through that route, the onus will be firmly on you to prove that this second marriage is genuine, and that burden of proof will be a heavy one for you to discharge given that you are deemed a previous offender.

And in case the wannabe immigration consultants tell you that the ECHR or other human rights provisions guarantee one the right to family life and the UK is bound to uphold that, understand that exceptions exist in the event that doubt can be cast on the validity of the claimed family reunification. In other words, in your case, if you marry a Briton and want to settle with her, except you are a refugee, the UK government can validly refuse you settlement, as your spouse can also move to Nigeria to live with you.

I don't want to make this seem harsh , but nor do you need sugar-coating - try elsewhere or try to obtain some status in the Nigerian government that will enable you to acquire a service/official passport, because that is virtually the only way the UK government will allow you to lawfully re-enter the UK.

1 Like

Re: After Uk Deportation... by travelland(f): 10:00pm On May 21, 2018
claremont:

A consideration to lift a deportation order after 10 years is taken on a case by case basis. There is no rule in law that says his deportation WILL be lifted after 10 years, even the Secretary of State in charge of the Home Office doesn't know that. The OP committed an immigration crime and he was sympathetically deported for it, rather than spend time in a UK prison at the expense of UK taxpayers.

Sham marriages make it difficult for genuine applicants to bring in their spouses from overseas.

Every visa application is taken on a case by case basis. This means that three people can apply to attend a conference and only one will be given. The OP committed a crime but even in law courts people are sentenced for crimes they commit. Penalties for crimes like sham marriages have a specific time frame, based on the discretion of the ECO. After which the applicant can apply and has a chance of getting his or her visa if he can prove that his circumstances have changed and he has no intention of engaging in such crimes again
Re: After Uk Deportation... by Ikebesupa(m): 10:07pm On May 21, 2018
travelland:

Every visa application is taken on a case by case basis. This means that three people can apply to attend a conference and only one will be given. The OP committed a crime but even in law courts people are sentenced for crimes they commit. Penalties for crimes like sham marriages have a specific time frame, based on the discretion of the ECO. After which the applicant can apply and has a chance of getting his or her visa if he can prove that his circumstances have changed and he has no intention of engaging in such crimes again
.. I'm really following travelland

1 Like

Re: After Uk Deportation... by mrtomola(m): 10:07pm On May 21, 2018
NewBea:

Travel.

Thank you grin.
Re: After Uk Deportation... by travelland(f): 10:09pm On May 21, 2018
Cyberknight:

This is funny. Not here to exchange assertions. The poster is well aware that the UK is making life difficult for everyone across the board who doesn't have an ILR or citizenship - they're harassing EU citizens who are not yet deemed settled, they're sending away skilled migrants who they actually need, the whole West Indian mess is in the news daily, and does it really make sense to think that they'd give a second chance to someone that was previously removed for an immigration violation when they're removing or attempting to remove people who have been settled or virtually settled in the UK for longer than the poster ever was?

Poster, understand that even a spousal reunion might not work for you again because you have been proven to have attempted to abuse the process once. Should you find another spouse and attempt to re-enter the UK through that route, the onus will be firmly on you to prove that this second marriage is genuine, and that burden of proof will be a heavy one for you to discharge given that you are deemed a previous offender.

I don't want to make this seem harsh , but nor do you need sugar-coating - try elsewhere or try to obtain some status in the Nigerian government that will enable you to acquire a service/official passport, because that is virtually the only way the UK government will allow you to lawfully re-enter the UK.

Every genuine application will be looked at fairly despite the present immigration realities on ground. If after 10 years the OP can prove that he is genuine, he will be admitted.
OP, you are free to write to the high commission directly to make enquiries about this.I have seen a 15 years old boy who was caught shoplifting in UK and was deported. He applied for a visa after 10 years and was given. Not one person. I will not speak further on this as I've made my point already

1 Like

Re: After Uk Deportation... by kunzzy4me(m): 6:27am On May 22, 2018
U are right... Obesere was ban for 10yrs and after 10yrs his statures has changed.. He applied again and he was granted..

1 Like

Re: After Uk Deportation... by justwise(m): 6:54am On May 22, 2018
Ikebesupa:

You are about to be a victim again

1 Like

Re: After Uk Deportation... by justwise(m): 6:55am On May 22, 2018
Ikebesupa:
.. I want to ask you something please. Can I DM you?

I'm not sure you have learned anything from your previous immigration offense
Re: After Uk Deportation... by justwise(m): 6:56am On May 22, 2018
travelland:

Sure

Don't start your agency nonsense here again

1 Like

Re: After Uk Deportation... by Ikebesupa(m): 7:38am On May 22, 2018
justwise:

I'm not sure you have learned anything from your previous immigration offense
... @justwise,I have surely learnt so much OK. Thank you for your concern
Re: After Uk Deportation... by Londonboyrep(m): 7:57am On May 22, 2018
Ikebesupa:
people love lies and false promises. Is travelland an immigration lawyer or does he even live in the UK? Oga your chances are very slim , long and hard. I’m a betting man and I put it to you my money is on you being refused. You might ,and thats a big might ,win on appeal.

2 Likes

Re: After Uk Deportation... by Cyberknight: 8:08am On May 22, 2018
travelland:

Every genuine application will be looked at fairly despite the present immigration realities on ground. If after 10 years the OP can prove that he is genuine, he will be admitted.
OP, you are free to write to the high commission directly to make enquiries about this.I have seen a 15 years old boy who was caught shoplifting in UK and was deported. He applied for a visa after 10 years and was given. Not one person. I will not speak further on this as I've made my point already

If this story is indeed true, surely it is obvious that there are no parallels between a 15-year old minor who committed an offence as a juvenile, and one which can easily be guaranteed against if his circumstances have obviously improved, (i.e. a man with money in his account and a good job back home can make a plausible case for never committing such a crime again) and a person who, as an adult, knowingly committed an immigration offence and can no longer be given the benefit of the doubt concerning whether they would ever commit an immigration offence again if given the opportunity (i.e. even if the poster gets married back in Nigeria and starts a family and produces evidence of that to the ECO on their next application for a UK visa to exclude the possibility of ever attempting spousal visa fraud, given that the poster has demonstrated a desire to live in the UK at any cost, even against the rules, what guarantee is there that the poster would not commit yet another immigration offence, for instance simply overstaying any visa granted and going underground the next time?).

The analogy doesn't stand up and should not be taken by the poster as a source of false hope.

1 Like

Re: After Uk Deportation... by Lexusgs430: 8:15am On May 22, 2018
justwise:

Don't start your agency nonsense here again

I almost missed this.......

Is this the same justwise, travelland was waiting and calling out on, to come and verify her/his status?

Justwise never disappoints, he would not condone illicit acts...........

Travelland, now that justwise has failed to satisfy and verify your authenticity.

What next?
Re: After Uk Deportation... by Lexusgs430: 8:17am On May 22, 2018
kunzzy4me:
U are right... Obesere was ban for 10yrs and after 10yrs his statures has changed.. He applied again and he was granted..

Exactly the point reasonable one's have been making on this thread..........
Re: After Uk Deportation... by Londonboyrep(m): 8:55am On May 22, 2018
Cyberknight:

If this story is indeed true, surely it is obvious that there are no parallels between a 15-year old minor who committed an offence as a juvenile, and one which can easily be guaranteed against if his circumstances have obviously improved, (i.e. a man with money in his account and a good job back home can make a plausible case for never committing such a crime again) and a person who, as an adult, knowingly committed an immigration offence and can no longer be given the benefit of the doubt concerning whether they would ever commit an immigration offence again if given the opportunity (i.e. even if the poster gets married back in Nigeria and starts a family and produces evidence of that to the ECO on their next application for a UK visa to exclude the possibility of ever attempting spousal visa fraud, given that the poster has demonstrated a desire to live in the UK at any cost, even against the rules, what guarantee is there that the poster would not commit yet another immigration offence, for instance simply overstaying any visa granted and going underground the next time?).

The analogy doesn't stand up and should not be taken by the poster as a source of false hope.
You are sound!!
Re: After Uk Deportation... by Lexusgs430: 8:57am On May 22, 2018
travelland:

I told just.wise that I am a former VFS/TP staff which is 100% true, was with them right from Ajose Adeogun up till Maryland(Etiebet place), it seems to him everybody is scam. I have seen a number of people with 10yrs ban who applied after it elapsed and were given. I don't know why just.wise wants to make me look fraudulent. I left UK visit thread because of him. Nobody knows it all, we learn from each other. There are things he doesn't know that I can tell him vice versa.

My point was, if I call out another nairalander for personality verification, and the nairalander comes out and states the exact opposite of my character. It surely leaves a sour taste......

No man/woman is an island of information, but when you have a mission to outrightly dismiss other opinions. It does not read well........

We all chip in our points and OP gathers information and deal with it/them, as he/she deems fit.......
Re: After Uk Deportation... by Solatium(m): 9:51am On May 22, 2018
Ikebesupa:
.. No it wasn't stamped and it wasn't seized as well, as the matter of fact, that very passport that has the UK visa has expired and I have gotten another passport now.

Forget about either your passport got stamped or Not,if your biometric was captured before deportation,you are done,even after 10yrs your application will still be reviewed with that deportation coming into play
Re: After Uk Deportation... by justwise(m): 10:14am On May 22, 2018
Cyberknight:

Can’t put it better than this.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos To Abuja By Road: A Nairalanders Experience / Portuguese Embassy In Nigeria / Migrating To U.K, I Need Your Advise.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.