Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,207 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:18 AM

'I Declare You The Next Ekiti Governor' - Fayose Prays For Deputy, Eleka(video) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'I Declare You The Next Ekiti Governor' - Fayose Prays For Deputy, Eleka(video) (29410 Views)

Eleka Kneels Down As Fayose Prays For His Victory (Video) / Nigerians Mock Governor Fayose, Remind Him Of What Happened In 2014. Photos / Video Of A Prophet Declaring Who Becomes The Next Ekiti Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'I Declare You The Next Ekiti Governor' - Fayose Prays For Deputy, Eleka(video) by DedeNkem: 6:35am On May 22, 2018
Election is already rigged. What are the achievements of Fayose? He stole billions while giving out bags of rice and tomatoes to his dumb people!

All politicians in Nigeria are thieves!! People please, vote for Sowore of Saharareporters to become the next President. The guy is the best choice we have now. He has a good record of fighting government for corruption. And he has solid plans for Nigeria's progress and promised to prosecute corrupt politicians!

We must take our country back from thieves and murderers!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'I Declare You The Next Ekiti Governor' - Fayose Prays For Deputy, Eleka(video) by excel101(m): 6:36am On May 22, 2018
If Fayose would go all out to back his deputy to become the next Gov. Of Ekiti State, it means his loyalty and humility is matchless. Unlike many other state Deputy Govs. that were not given such backups by there boss
Re: 'I Declare You The Next Ekiti Governor' - Fayose Prays For Deputy, Eleka(video) by excel101(m): 6:37am On May 22, 2018
If Fayose would go all out to back his deputy to become the next Gov. Of Ekiti State, it means his loyalty and humility is matchless. Unlike many other state Deputy Govs. that were not given such backups by there boss, cos of insubordination

1 Like

Re: 'I Declare You The Next Ekiti Governor' - Fayose Prays For Deputy, Eleka(video) by frank41(m): 6:39am On May 22, 2018
HeyCorleone:
It would be the very undoing of Ekiti people if they vote in APC. What is happening in Benue now would be mere childsplay.

Exactly... the devil we know you(PDP) is far more the Angel that we dont know (APC). Pls don't vote for APC cos it could be disasterious.check other APC states.

1 Like

Re: 'I Declare You The Next Ekiti Governor' - Fayose Prays For Deputy, Eleka(video) by Lightening: 6:45am On May 22, 2018
soberdrunk:
Simple "What have you done for the people of Ekiti" Baba could not answer on 'live' TV and he is here forming "King maker". Ekiti people if you people want to sell your future for any 8 years of free rice, it is none of my business....... angry

And the 'anointed' Dr. Fayemi did so much and yet lost his reelection bid.

1 Like

Re: 'I Declare You The Next Ekiti Governor' - Fayose Prays For Deputy, Eleka(video) by otabuko(m): 6:47am On May 22, 2018
soberdrunk:
Simple "What have you done for the people of Ekiti" Baba could not answer on 'live' TV and he is here forming "King maker". Ekiti people if you people want to sell your future for any 8 years of free rice, it is none of my business....... angry
As long as it's PDP, leg them sell it to them. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: 'I Declare You The Next Ekiti Governor' - Fayose Prays For Deputy, Eleka(video) by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 6:51am On May 22, 2018
ak22:

That is not my question . mention just 5 things that masses I mean masses benefited from fayose for the last 3yrs and 3 months please ?
Somebody have mentioned security,u ignored,why not mention 5 things APC governors are enjoying in their states or 5things Nigerians are enjoying under Buhari?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'I Declare You The Next Ekiti Governor' - Fayose Prays For Deputy, Eleka(video) by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 6:52am On May 22, 2018
ak22:

Am ready to name 3 if you can mention 5 things that masses has benefited from fayose
Its even difficult for you to name even 1
Re: 'I Declare You The Next Ekiti Governor' - Fayose Prays For Deputy, Eleka(video) by tuniski: 6:57am On May 22, 2018
soberdrunk:
You aint discerning at all!
Re: 'I Declare You The Next Ekiti Governor' - Fayose Prays For Deputy, Eleka(video) by 1nigeriamyfoot: 7:03am On May 22, 2018
Kennyprince:
APC beta than pdp 101 times
says APC zombie
Re: 'I Declare You The Next Ekiti Governor' - Fayose Prays For Deputy, Eleka(video) by 1nigeriamyfoot: 7:10am On May 22, 2018
AdesegunSanni89:
and every forward thinking Nigerian must run away from PDP.
nepotism, corruption, maladministration, hunger, job loss, killing by herdsmen & boko haram killing under APC administration is a thing of joy right?
Re: 'I Declare You The Next Ekiti Governor' - Fayose Prays For Deputy, Eleka(video) by ak22(m): 7:13am On May 22, 2018
Public endorsement of candidates for election is a cherished tradition in civilised democracies, where the freedoms of choice, expression, and association thrive and are cherished. In the United States, for example, notable columnists and major newspapers typically endorse particular candidates for specific political offices. It is a tradition our fledgling democracy has to imbibe as it aspires towards maturity.

Today, I follow this tradition in endorsing Dr. Kayode Fayemi, currently Minister of Solid Minerals, as the next governor of Ekiti State and I enjoin Ekiti kete to take another look at him in the light of this endorsement.

True, I berated Fayemi four years ago for losing the governorship election as an incumbent (see Why and how Fayose won the Ekiti election, The PUNCH, Tuesday, June 24, 2014). I have since learned a lot more about that election and why his loss might not be as total as it then appeared. I have also learned more about Fayemi himself from various sources, including a friend of mine who serves in a mentoring/advisory role to him as well as Fayemi’s wife, with whom I sit on a Board. What I now know about Fayemi highlights a dissonance between the man and public perception about him.
Re: 'I Declare You The Next Ekiti Governor' - Fayose Prays For Deputy, Eleka(video) by ak22(m): 7:14am On May 22, 2018
To the extent that the negative perception still lingers, I must hasten to add that my endorsement this time round comes with two conditions, which I shall elaborate upon shortly.

The major factor behind my endorsement is the combination of his intellectual and democratic credentials. Of all the candidates vying for the office of governor in Ekiti in the July 14 governorship election, Fayemi is the most prepared and has the best credentials for the office. Four aspects of the credentials are worth special notice. First, he had previously served the state as governor (2010-2014), and he performed well. He lost re-election in 2014 for political reasons, rather than for the record of his performance in office.

Besides, his efforts at revamping education in the state were grossly misconstrued, partly because he was not diplomatic enough in his approach and partly because he was a victim of negative perception. Given what we now know about the 2014 election and its aftermath, the question lingers as to whether he truly lost in the polls or in the “magical” computation of the results.
Re: 'I Declare You The Next Ekiti Governor' - Fayose Prays For Deputy, Eleka(video) by ak22(m): 7:15am On May 22, 2018
Second, none of his current competitors has the depth of his intellectual and democratic credentials. One of the reasons many of us supported him for the governorship position in 2007 was his twin background in intellectual engagement and pro-democracy activism, including his role in the founding and management of opposition radios and in the opposition’s diplomatic engagements in exile during the dark days of Sani Abacha’s military dictatorship. He also founded and managed the Centre for Democracy and Development and has provided consultancy services to various national and international organisations on democracy, governance, and security management.

Third, his book, Out of the Shadows: Exile and the Struggle for Freedom and Democracy in Nigeria, published in 2005, solidified his democratic credentials, while also chronicling his background and participation in the pro-democracy struggles. When the book is viewed along his doctoral thesis and his other notable publications, his intellectual capabilities accentuate the slogan of Ekiti State as the Fountain of Knowledge. That’s why many observers considered it a great irony that such a candidate could be pushed aside in 2014.
Re: 'I Declare You The Next Ekiti Governor' - Fayose Prays For Deputy, Eleka(video) by ak22(m): 7:16am On May 22, 2018
Fourth, it was Fayemi who first brought to our notice a crucial aspect of democratic renewal through elections. While enduring the agony of unexpected defeat, he gave a gracious concession speech after losing re-election in 2014: “I have just spoken with my brother, Mr. Peter Ayodele Fayose, congratulating him on his victory. In a few hours from now, I would be meeting the Governor-elect to discuss the future of our dear state and how we would work together to institute a smooth transition programme.” Fayemi took the path of honour, by keeping his promise. How his successor decided to pay him back is a different question.

Fifth, his current national service as Minister has given him access to the inner workings of the federal cabinet. He will be in a better position than other contenders to deploy that knowledge to Ekiti’s advantage.

Another major factor behind my endorsement is Fayemi’s acknowledgement of his mistakes in the past and his promise to make amends as necessary. As Socrates demonstrated, knowledge begins with the acknowledgement of our ignorance. Similarly, redemption begins with the acknowledgement of our mistakes.

Although Fayemi’s apology for “errors of omission or commission” was specifically tied to his first term as governor and directed to the people of Ekiti in his acceptance speech, after winning the governorship primary on May 12, 2018, it is well-known in political circles that those “errors” have spread beyond Ekiti State.

This leads to the first condition attached to this endorsement. Just as Fayemi seeks to appease Ekiti people for their votes, he must link up with his roots in the leadership of his party in the South-West. No politician endures who forgets about their starting point or seeks alignment with the centre without solidifying their base.

The second condition has to do with image branding. A lot of negative campaigning has been going on about Fayemi that I found incongruous with my personal knowledge of him. However, when I tried to place such negative perceptions with Fayemi’s unnecessary distance from those who had worked with him on his rise to power, I had to pause and re-examine the evidence before me.

The truth is that Fayemi has a carriage, which gives the impression that he is galloping on “power” springs. There is a certain air of authority about him that easily could be misconstrued as condescension. When I told someone else that I never experienced that negative aspect about him, his response was highly instructive: “He won’t t do it to you or me because he knows we are one up on him. We could have been his lecturer when he was in the university”.
Re: 'I Declare You The Next Ekiti Governor' - Fayose Prays For Deputy, Eleka(video) by ak22(m): 7:18am On May 22, 2018
I raise this issue in order to show how deep this negative perception has penetrated the public psyche. Unfortunately, he still has holes to patch in his relationship with those who could rise to his defence, especially his political defence. I mean those who worked with him on his rise to power. He must patch those holes as soon as possible.

Copyright PUNCH.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH.
Re: 'I Declare You The Next Ekiti Governor' - Fayose Prays For Deputy, Eleka(video) by PHILipu1(m): 7:20am On May 22, 2018
Lightening:

And the 'anointed' Dr. Fayemi did so much and yet lost his reelection bid.
Federal might then.
Fayemi was up against Fayose and Jonathan in 2014 because Jonathan and PDP needed Ekiti badly against 2015 but it is a different ball game now.
Watch out

1 Like

Re: 'I Declare You The Next Ekiti Governor' - Fayose Prays For Deputy, Eleka(video) by obowunmi(m): 7:32am On May 22, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
no the money bag can bribe but it's still the people's decision to sell their birthright for mess of pottage

True.
Re: 'I Declare You The Next Ekiti Governor' - Fayose Prays For Deputy, Eleka(video) by SeeUrLife: 7:56am On May 22, 2018
1nigeriamyfoot:

security against killer herdsmen, ask people of Benue, Kaduna, taraba, Oyo, to see the difference. Every sane Nigerian must reject APC totally!

bless u, I began to admire dis man d moment he proved to be d chief security officer to his people without wailing to Federal govnt.
Re: 'I Declare You The Next Ekiti Governor' - Fayose Prays For Deputy, Eleka(video) by AdesegunSanni89: 8:07am On May 22, 2018
excel101:
If Fayose would go all out to back his deputy to become the next Gov. Of Ekiti State, it means his loyalty and humility is matchless. Unlike many other state Deputy Govs. that were not given such backups by there boss, cos of insubordination
That is not true. It means that he need a successor that will cover his tracks, Someone who will cover up his corrupt and evil deeds in government. So who else can do that apart from his deputy who is also part of his current corrupt cabinet.

1 Like

Re: 'I Declare You The Next Ekiti Governor' - Fayose Prays For Deputy, Eleka(video) by sebik: 8:12am On May 22, 2018
soberdrunk:
I have 2 questions 4 u, (1) where r u from and (2) can u mention 3 things dat ur buhari and fayemi have done for d past 3 years?
Re: 'I Declare You The Next Ekiti Governor' - Fayose Prays For Deputy, Eleka(video) by soberdrunk(m): 8:17am On May 22, 2018
sebik:
I have 2 questions 4 u, (1) where r u from and (2) can u mention 3 things dat ur buhari and fayemi have done for d past 3 years?

1) Oyo state

2) a)Fought corruption b)Revived the 'Agricultural sector' c) Revived the "Mining sector'
Re: 'I Declare You The Next Ekiti Governor' - Fayose Prays For Deputy, Eleka(video) by sebik: 8:37am On May 22, 2018
soberdrunk:

1) Oyo state

2) a)Fought corruption b)Revived the 'Agricultural sector' c) Revived the "Mining sector'
from Oyo state dat means u don't know anything about elitist state, u said he fought corruption? is dis how 2 fight corruption? APC have brainwashed u. u don't know anything about dis country.for ur information fayemi can never win in ekiti state
Re: 'I Declare You The Next Ekiti Governor' - Fayose Prays For Deputy, Eleka(video) by Protocall: 8:55am On May 22, 2018
Iranu Abasha
Re: 'I Declare You The Next Ekiti Governor' - Fayose Prays For Deputy, Eleka(video) by lx3as(m): 9:05am On May 22, 2018
HeyCorleone:
It would be the very undoing of Ekiti people if they vote in APC. What is happening in Benue now would be mere childsplay.

That will surely happen in your own state soon unless you give reasons why Ekiti is prone to the Benue's situation but not your own state.
Moreover, Taraba shares Benue's predicaments but being ruled by your PDP.
Re: 'I Declare You The Next Ekiti Governor' - Fayose Prays For Deputy, Eleka(video) by Unik3030: 10:05am On May 22, 2018
soberdrunk:
so u believe apc will do better right? don't u think they will replicate what they are doing in other states
Re: 'I Declare You The Next Ekiti Governor' - Fayose Prays For Deputy, Eleka(video) by blackboy2star(m): 1:09pm On May 22, 2018
And who should Ekiti people vote for?

soberdrunk:
Re: 'I Declare You The Next Ekiti Governor' - Fayose Prays For Deputy, Eleka(video) by Criticize001(m): 2:19pm On May 22, 2018
AdesegunSanni89:
I thought Fayose said Fayemi is a mince meat for him in Ekiti. So why is he doing all these drama. Clearly the little boy Fayose is scared. Jail is beckoning.

Does that actually means Eleka shouldn't campaign again
Re: 'I Declare You The Next Ekiti Governor' - Fayose Prays For Deputy, Eleka(video) by Donpenny(m): 12:40am On May 23, 2018
Jer6s:

Upcoming grin
which language are u currently learning

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Throwback Photo Of When Tinubu Signed The Agreement To Establish LFTZ / 2023: Timipre Sylva Joins Bayelsa Guber Race / Nigerian Air Force Displays New Aircraft (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.