Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

Obasanjo Visits Afenifere After 20 Years, Says 'APC Must Go' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Visits Afenifere After 20 Years, Says 'APC Must Go' (26539 Views)

Tinubu Visits Afenifere Leader, Pa Fasoranti In Akure / Tinubu Visits Afenifere Leader, Ayo Adebanjo / Obasanjo Visits Emeka Anyaoku At His Residence In Anambra (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Visits Afenifere After 20 Years, Says 'APC Must Go' by sarrki(m): 12:13am On May 22, 2018
Former President, Olusegun Obasanjo, on Monday visited the leader of the pan-Yoruba socio-political organisation, Afenifere, Pa. Reuben Fasoranti in Akure, the Ondo state capital.

He was accompanied by his close ally, Otunba Oyewole Fasawe and Ayo Osuntokun.

Obasanjo said it is a must to rescue the country from the hands of the All Progressives Congress, (APC), led federal government come 2019.

Obasanjo who was visiting Afenifere for the first time in 20 years, said he was in Akure, the Ondo state capital to pay homage to the leader of the the group, Fasoranti.

He commended Afenifere for standing by their belief, saying “you have been talking about the interest of Yoruba, while I have been talking about the interest of Nigeria. Our paths crossed. Our priority is now one. If we did not repair this country, it will be disastrous.”

Read Also: Again, Obasanjo laments pervasive insecurity in Nigeria

Obasanjo, recalled how he was rejected by the group while seeking their support in the past, said ” I remember visiting Pa Abraham Adesanya thrice in Lagos before the election and I was asked to join Afenifere and Alliance for Democracy (AD) then, but I told them that AD was cul-de-sac.

“Pa Abraham told me if I join, things will change but I refused to join them. I went back the second time but they refused to work for my emergence.

“I went there again the third time but Afenifere maintained their stand, they refused to vote for me but I secured my votes outside Yorubaland, though they supported me in 2003 for my re-election”.

Fasoranti commended Obasanjo for his efforts at building a better country.

He expressed his dissatisfaction with the state of affairs in the country, noting that the country is not being run properly.

According to him “we are in full support of all the letters written by Obasanjo to President Muhamadu Buhari on the state of the nation. We are dissatisfied with the state of affairs in the country. The country is not being run properly.”

Fasoranti said Afenifere was in support of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), Social Democratic Party (SDP) and ADC.

He said “It will be the joy of everybody to present a formidable team to confront the evil government that is there now.”

Present at the meeting were Basorun Sehinde Arogbofa, Kole Omololu, Sola Ebiseni , Chief Akin Omosebi , Femi Aluko among others.

http://thenationonlineng.net/obasanjo-visits-fasoranti-seeks-support/

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Visits Afenifere After 20 Years, Says 'APC Must Go' by sarrki(m): 12:16am On May 22, 2018
I know only Nigeria will decides this election

9 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Visits Afenifere After 20 Years, Says 'APC Must Go' by Bobbysmicky(m): 12:27am On May 22, 2018

11 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Visits Afenifere After 20 Years, Says 'APC Must Go' by sarrki(m): 12:31am On May 22, 2018
Truly Nigeria should decide

Also urge President Muhammadu Buhari to test his popularity and ensure that the election was free and fair the way it was on 2015

I will always respect Gej for that singular act

96 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Visits Afenifere After 20 Years, Says 'APC Must Go' by ZombiePUNISHER: 12:58am On May 22, 2018
sarrki:
Truly Nigeria should decide

Also urge President Muhammadu Buhari to test his popularity and ensure that the election was free and fair the way it was on 2015

I will always respect Gej for that singular act

GEJ : my ambition does not worth the blood of any Nigerian

Buhari : if I don't get elected the baboons and dogs will be soaked in blood

Respect a true democrat... Even though he has his faults but far better than what we have now

185 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Visits Afenifere After 20 Years, Says 'APC Must Go' by ZombiePUNISHER: 1:03am On May 22, 2018
Bobbysmicky:
Ugly Mofo

How has your beauty helped humanity

130 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Visits Afenifere After 20 Years, Says 'APC Must Go' by Kennyprince: 1:05am On May 22, 2018
GEJ cannot be beta than pmb even in the next generation

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Visits Afenifere After 20 Years, Says 'APC Must Go' by Skepticus: 1:24am On May 22, 2018
cool

This overarrated Gorilla must go for Nigeria to have peace.

Forcing dead weights and clueless characters on us is still fresh in our memories.

13 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Visits Afenifere After 20 Years, Says 'APC Must Go' by madridguy(m): 5:16am On May 22, 2018
grin grin grin GOD himself in his Power has already embarrassing and shaming the enemies of Nigeria and Yoruba people.
So Pa OBJ can visit the Afenifere group? This shows this man got no shame shocked You abandoned the group when they need you most to protect the interest of the Yorubas.

If you think the Afenifere group will abandoned their own and only begotten Son " Tinubu " then Pa OBJ must be dreaming in Jupiter.

The group present leaders will never forget the advise of their past leader, PA ABRAHAM ADESANYA.

OBJ, if you like jump from Olumo rock down, Tinubu owns the present South West and no amount of your meeting can change anything.
Tinubu control the larger part of market women and boys in the south west.

Only GOD will determine the winner of 2019 election.

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Visits Afenifere After 20 Years, Says 'APC Must Go' by Adiola(f): 5:31am On May 22, 2018
[quote author=sarrki post=67764086]Former President, Olusegun Obasanjo, on Monday visited the leader of the pan-Yoruba socio-political organisation, Afenifere, Pa. Reuben Fasoranti in Akure, the Ondo state capital.

He was accompanied by his close ally, Otunba Oyewole Fasawe and Ayo Osuntokun.

Obasanjo said it is a must to rescue the country from the hands of the All Progressives Congress, (APC), led federal government come 2019.

Obasanjo who was visiting Afenifere for the first time in 20 years, said he was in Akure, the Ondo state capital to pay homage to the leader of the the group, Fasoranti.

He commended Afenifere for standing by their belief, saying “you have been talking about the interest of Yoruba, while I have been talking about the interest of Nigeria. Our paths crossed. Our priority is now one. If we did not repair this country, it will be disastrous.”

Read Also: Again, Obasanjo laments pervasive insecurity in Nigeria

Obasanjo, recalled how he was rejected by the group while seeking their support in the past, said ” I remember visiting Pa Abraham Adesanya thrice in Lagos before the election and I was asked to join Afenifere and Alliance for Democracy (AD) then, but I told them that AD was cul-de-sac.

“Pa Abraham told me if I join, things will change but I refused to join them. I went back the second time but they refused to work for my emergence.

“I went there again the third time but Afenifere maintained their stand, they refused to vote for me but I secured my votes outside Yorubaland, though they supported me in 2003 for my re-election”.

Fasoranti commended Obasanjo for his efforts at building a better country.

He expressed his dissatisfaction with the state of affairs in the country, noting that the country is not being run properly.

According to him “we are in full support of all the letters written by Obasanjo to President Muhamadu Buhari on the state of the nation. We are dissatisfied with the state of affairs in the country. The country is not being run properly.”

Fasoranti said Afenifere was in support of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), Social Democratic Party (SDP) and ADC.

He said “It will be the joy of everybody to present a formidable team to confront the evil government that is there now.”

Present at the meeting were Basorun Sehinde Arogbofa, Kole Omololu, Sola Ebiseni , Chief Akin Omosebi , Femi Aluko among others.

[/quoto] anything to get that demon off asorock is welcome

6 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Visits Afenifere After 20 Years, Says 'APC Must Go' by 2016v2017: 7:53am On May 22, 2018
sarrki:

I don't mind who is passing the message,
all I care for is let Buhari go.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Visits Afenifere After 20 Years, Says 'APC Must Go' by yesloaded: 7:54am On May 22, 2018
Re: Obasanjo Visits Afenifere After 20 Years, Says 'APC Must Go' by chuckjonesautos: 7:54am On May 22, 2018
ZombiePUNISHER:

GEJ : my ambition does not worth the blood of any Nigerian

Buhari : if I don't get elected the baboons and dogs will be soaked in blood

Respect a true democrat... Even though he has his faults but far better than what we have now

Thank you Jare!

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Visits Afenifere After 20 Years, Says 'APC Must Go' by chuckjonesautos: 7:54am On May 22, 2018
Ambodejuls:

Wetin u Don achieve with your fine boy?

Data plan Lol

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Visits Afenifere After 20 Years, Says 'APC Must Go' by Moorish: 7:56am On May 22, 2018
If the young people of Nigeria can control the lower and upper houses, state and federal and judiciary, under one umbrella and philosophy and political party, then that is the beginning of revolution

I have some plans towards actualizing this

I hope I can meet people who believe same

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Visits Afenifere After 20 Years, Says 'APC Must Go' by Memphis357(m): 7:57am On May 22, 2018
The "Navigator In Chief" eyes don clear.......

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Visits Afenifere After 20 Years, Says 'APC Must Go' by massinola(m): 7:57am On May 22, 2018
Kennyprince:
State your facts and not just propaganda as usual. Hope you read the IMF news this morning?

19 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Visits Afenifere After 20 Years, Says 'APC Must Go' by saaron(m): 7:57am On May 22, 2018
He said “It will be the joy of everybody to present a formidable team to confront the evil government that is there now.” ~Fasoranti

Words of marble! What we have in Nigeria at the moment as govt is an Evil Govt.
It is better to vote a Dummy without BRAIN with no secret agenda than have a covert terrorist with a SECRET TRIBAL/RELIGIOUS AGENDA to massacre Christians and take over their God given land for his terrorist brothers using Nigerian army. The task of removing the Terrorist in chief is a sacred assignment that must be achieved by all in 2019.
APC and buhari are calamities of epic proportions that never should have been allowed to contest 2015 elections.

#PrayForLeahSharibu

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Visits Afenifere After 20 Years, Says 'APC Must Go' by LastSurvivor11: 7:57am On May 22, 2018
Who is the wise one now?
Same man igbos warned you all about is the man they now want to go.
Too late to cry cos it will not be as easy as that..
We warned them!

Still waiting for the snipers he "OBJ" said GEJ trained..

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Visits Afenifere After 20 Years, Says 'APC Must Go' by clefstone(m): 7:58am On May 22, 2018
Buhari must go.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Visits Afenifere After 20 Years, Says 'APC Must Go' by Wasky101: 7:58am On May 22, 2018
Pillar to post

In other news iPhone 6s 64 GB for sale
Fresh like new, with original charger
080-3961-9808
For pics and more details
Re: Obasanjo Visits Afenifere After 20 Years, Says 'APC Must Go' by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 7:58am On May 22, 2018
madridguy:
grin grin grin GOD himself in his Power has already embarrassing and shaming the enemies of Nigeria and Yoruba people.
So Pa OBJ can visit the Afenifere group? This shows this man got no shame shocked You abandoned the group when they need you most to protect the interest of the Yorubas.

If you think the Afenifere group will abandoned their own and only begotten Son " Tinubu " then Pa OBJ must be dreaming in Jupiter.

The group present leaders will never forget the advise of their past leader, PA ABRAHAM ADESANYA.

OBJ, if you like jump from Olumo rock down, Tinubu owns the present South West and no amount of your meeting can change anything.
Tinubu control the larger part of market women and boys in the south west.

Only GOD will determine the winner of 2019 election.
Tinubu owns Sw,but his candidate didn't get the APC ticket in Ondo?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Visits Afenifere After 20 Years, Says 'APC Must Go' by CatfishGuru: 7:59am On May 22, 2018

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Visits Afenifere After 20 Years, Says 'APC Must Go' by Paperwhite(m): 8:01am On May 22, 2018
What does Obasanjo really wants for God's sake

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Visits Afenifere After 20 Years, Says 'APC Must Go' by walezy14(m): 8:01am On May 22, 2018
THE PROBLEMS I HAVE WITH OBJ
PBM

Two times he submitted appointment ministerial appointment list, two times i rejected them;

He nominated a replacement for the sacked NIA boss, and I considered it inappropriate hence rejected it;

He finally brought a company to handle the Mambila power project in sum worth $5.8billion with lots of irregularities and I rejected it but told him everything about my government would follow due process...

I also learned that the Ota farm staff had been on government's payroll, till I came in to power and I stopped it...

Here is a man who was using FG registered vehicles for Bell school and University throughout his days as president for the staff of his personal school acquired when he was the President.

OBJ sins are numerous and his sins is what he fears because the future looks bleak..
Every sinful souls must receive it's reward which always comes in the negative.
That, I said.

These are my sins' against Obasanjo and that is my problem with him

Muhammadu Buhari.

13 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Visits Afenifere After 20 Years, Says 'APC Must Go' by Nobody: 8:02am On May 22, 2018
Bobbysmicky:
Ugly Mofo
Average looking mofo. But wait o, u self dey UGLY na...

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Visits Afenifere After 20 Years, Says 'APC Must Go' by Nobody: 8:03am On May 22, 2018
Same apc that you supported.
Selfish man shocked

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Visits Afenifere After 20 Years, Says 'APC Must Go' by israelmao(m): 8:03am On May 22, 2018
Kennyprince:

Great men think alike even so it is the other way.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governor Eno Complains Of Being Distracted By Too Many Visits From Politicians / We Regret Voting For Buhari In 2015, He Deceived Us – Chibok Community / Ayo Fayose Sacks All Commissioners In Ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.