Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,401 members, 7,861,133 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:22 AM

Check Janet Jackson The First Black Woman To Win Billboard Icon Award - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Check Janet Jackson The First Black Woman To Win Billboard Icon Award (663 Views)

Janet Jackson Speaks On EndSARS & Lekki Shootings, Says 'Enough Is Truly Enough' / Femi Kuti Won 'global Icon Award 2018' At The Power Influence Awards / Meet Esther Ezenwoye, Abujapress Publisher Spotted At African Icon Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Check Janet Jackson The First Black Woman To Win Billboard Icon Award by 6Ebisco: 6:42am On May 22, 2018
Janet Jackson the first Black woman to win Billboard Icon Award

Janet jackson, hollywood veteran and sister of late pop famous person, michael jackson have become the primary black female to obtain the billboard tune ‘icon’ award on sunday. The billboard tune award is an annual honour given by way of billboard, a book and track popularity chart protecting the song business considering 1990.

52-year antique jackson became provided because of the have an impact on of her almost 40-12 months profession which spans tv and track, incomes her 35 awards and over a hundred million record sales. The youngest child of the mythical jackson musical family, started her profession with the variety tv collection ‘the jacksons’ in 1976 and went directly to appear in different tv suggests at some stage in the Nineteen Seventies. She extensively utilized the possibility to pay tribute to powerful girls speaking in opposition to discrimination. Earlier than providing jackson with the award, r&b singer, bruno mars advised the crowd she “represents plain artistic genius.” a retrospective documenting jackson’s career accompanied, with clips of her appearance as a kid on ‘the carol burnett show’ to highlights of her breakout hits. Jackson then took the degree, appearing “nasty” from 1986’s ‘control’ and “if” and “throb” from ‘janet’. She said, “i accept as true with that for all of the demanding situations, for all our challenges, we live at an excellent moment in history. “it’s a moment while at long last girls have made it clear that we will not be controlled, manipulated, or abused. “i stand with those women and with those guys similarly outraged by way of discrimination, who help us in coronary heart or mind,” jackson said. Jackson’s honour comes simply days after the twenty fifth anniversary of her seminal album ‘janet’, at the side of an appearance on the duvet of billboard magazine.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/05/check-janet-jackson-first-black-woman.html

Re: Check Janet Jackson The First Black Woman To Win Billboard Icon Award by enoch273: 7:00am On May 22, 2018
Jackson family're truly born legends.
Re: Check Janet Jackson The First Black Woman To Win Billboard Icon Award by Skepticus: 7:24am On May 22, 2018
cool
Re: Check Janet Jackson The First Black Woman To Win Billboard Icon Award by mikejj(m): 7:47am On May 22, 2018
some families are juzzzz
Re: Check Janet Jackson The First Black Woman To Win Billboard Icon Award by MVLOX(m): 9:34am On May 22, 2018
I will be next

(1) (Reply)

Leo Shows-off His University In London As Ifu Ennanda Jets Back To Lagos / My Relationship With Mikel Obi Is An Issue / Reekado Bank Advice And The Savage Reply By A Fan Shocked Me[screenshot]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.