Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,931 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:28 PM

Why I Won't Resume In Senate Now – Melaye - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Won't Resume In Senate Now – Melaye (24229 Views)

Drama In Senate Over $3.8bn Subsidy Fund / Pro-saraki Senators Insist PDP Now Majority In Senate, To Call For Head Count / Video Of Senator Agege In Senate As He Resumes Plenary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Won't Resume In Senate Now – Melaye by dre11(m): 8:12am On May 22, 2018
By Ismail Mudashir

The embattled chairman of the Senate Committee on FCT, Senator Dino Melaye (APC, Kogi), yesterday, explained why he will not resume at the Senate today.

The Kogi lawmaker said he was not strong enough to resume work at the senate. He, however, said he had bounced back to the chagrin of those who sought to seal his lips from speaking out against tyranny, politics of oppression and blackmail.

Melaye’s running battle with the police over allegation of gun running landed him in hospital from where he appeared in the courts on a stretcher.

In a message tagged ‘Thank you Nigerians’ he personally posted to our correspondent via WhatsApp, he said he would continue to speak the truth. It reads: “Someone once said that rock bottom is good solid ground and a dead-end street is just a place to turn around. In the last few weeks, I have been taken to the good solid ground at the rock bottom and they couldn’t go further.

I have been brought to the dead-end street but with you standing by my side, I have turned around and bounced back to the chagrin of those who sought to seal my lips from speaking out against tyranny, politics of oppression and blackmail.

“They unleashed an endless barrage of physical, psychological, metaphysical and emotional torture and assault on me, but, through the power of the Most High, and you the good people of Nigeria, we have once again seen the triumph of truth over lies and good over evil.

“The state unleashed its raw power on me and released 200 man-strong fully armed policemen - on a man without a knife or a bullet. It did this because I called injustice by its name and called for accountability.

For this they sought to break my spirit and destroy me permanently,” he said.
On the failed move to recall him, Melaye said, “While in the dark and unable to fight for myself, they sought to take my mandate, which you had freely given to me.

But you answered back and quenched deceit in its wake. You stood resolute and unflinching and defended your mandate to me. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. In their attempt to break me, they have made me stronger,” he said.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/why-i-won-t-resume-in-senate-now-melaye-251717.html

8 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Resume In Senate Now – Melaye by Dagaya(m): 8:38am On May 22, 2018
dino dino...embattled senator indeed...
in Nigeria it is very clear that everyone carries his or her own cross...
dino carry your cross...
9ja politics dun tire me..
when it favors them they brag about it, when it is the other way round, they remember the masses.
9ja politicians are really something else.
Dino carry your cross.

20 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Resume In Senate Now – Melaye by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:43am On May 22, 2018
grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Why I Won't Resume In Senate Now – Melaye by PassingShot(m): 8:56am On May 22, 2018
Those supporting this criminal are the real idiots, confused and gullible citizens of Nigeria.

You want the government to arrest wanton killings across the country, at the same time you shout witch-hunting anytime any of the sponsors is being prosecuted.

Your case is beyond redemption. cool

55 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why I Won't Resume In Senate Now – Melaye by yarimo(m): 10:03am On May 22, 2018
As if his being in the senate chamber is important. undecided embarassed

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Won't Resume In Senate Now – Melaye by Nobody: 10:05am On May 22, 2018
You are not going to senate because you know once you resume your case resume in court.
The case was adjourned indefinitely until you get well.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Won't Resume In Senate Now – Melaye by breakice31(m): 10:21am On May 22, 2018
FRONT PAGE

1 Like

Re: Why I Won't Resume In Senate Now – Melaye by MrIcredible: 10:21am On May 22, 2018
ROGUE

THE SENILE OLD FOOL IS JUST SIMPLY AFRAID OF DSS AND ANOTHER ARREST

SENSELESS BASKET MOUTH grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Won't Resume In Senate Now – Melaye by abokibuhari: 10:21am On May 22, 2018
PassingShot:
Those supporting this criminal are the real idiots, confused and gullible citizens of Nigeria.

You want the government to arrest wanton killings across the country, at the same time you shout witch-hunting anytime any of the sponsors is being prosecuted.

Omenka grin

2 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Resume In Senate Now – Melaye by NwaAmaikpe: 10:22am On May 22, 2018
shocked

I can't help noticing the gas cylinder supplying oxygen to a distinguished Senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

If this is what a senator gets, then the average Nigerian will get a camp-gas cylinder.

Such a shame.
The canister is just as rusted as the President's ideas.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Won't Resume In Senate Now – Melaye by Jatinzbusinessc(m): 10:22am On May 22, 2018
grin

This is a VIP ward in a Nigerian hospital, why won't Nigerians die before there time, what if that gas explode grin

And as for this senator I really don't have time for you a whole you see hospital down here.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Resume In Senate Now – Melaye by Oceannaagent: 10:22am On May 22, 2018
The shame of jumping on a moving van among your colleagues will not allow you to resume on time. Anyway quick recovery.

Let do some business, check my profile.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Resume In Senate Now – Melaye by OkpaAkuEriEri(m): 10:22am On May 22, 2018
Dis mata dont tire me

Like 4 Dino Melaye

Share for Yahaya Bello

18 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Why I Won't Resume In Senate Now – Melaye by Nobody: 10:23am On May 22, 2018
PassingShot:

ok yoruba muslim are you trying to say dino sponsors fulani herdsmen?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Won't Resume In Senate Now – Melaye by Nobody: 10:23am On May 22, 2018
Nice one, Daily Trust. Money must just be made. Understandable grin
Re: Why I Won't Resume In Senate Now – Melaye by Jatinzbusinessc(m): 10:23am On May 22, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

What a coincidence grin

1 Like

Re: Why I Won't Resume In Senate Now – Melaye by FulaniTerrorist: 10:23am On May 22, 2018
FULANI JIHADIST ARE TERRORISTS

2 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Resume In Senate Now – Melaye by jchioma: 10:24am On May 22, 2018
If he likes, he can stay off for all I care. Wetin dem de do for dat Senate sef?

All I see them do is trying to protect their selfish interests at the expense of the masses.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Won't Resume In Senate Now – Melaye by ishowdotgmail(m): 10:24am On May 22, 2018
But he's receiving salary ooo

1 Like

Re: Why I Won't Resume In Senate Now – Melaye by Oceannaagent: 10:25am On May 22, 2018
The shame of jumping on a moving van among your colleagues will not allow you to resume on time. Anyway quick recovery.

Let do some business, check my profile.

1 Like

Re: Why I Won't Resume In Senate Now – Melaye by DonMoga(m): 10:26am On May 22, 2018
TRANSMISSION, TRANSMISSION, TRANSMISSION, SORRY, I MEAN TRANSMISSION

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Won't Resume In Senate Now – Melaye by stilldappy(m): 10:26am On May 22, 2018
Get well soon the able senator

2 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Resume In Senate Now – Melaye by Fuckyoumod: 10:26am On May 22, 2018
PassingShot:

it is your father that is an Idiot!

Not me, Hon. Senator Dino Melaye has my 100% support.

Foolish boy, your so uncultured, uncivilized and very abusive.

Idiot again!

As if I must take permission from you and your useless father before I give my support.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Won't Resume In Senate Now – Melaye by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 10:28am On May 22, 2018
PassingShot:

So dino now sponsors killer herdsmen,no longer ghadafi?

2 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Resume In Senate Now – Melaye by odedinigbin(m): 10:29am On May 22, 2018
ishowdotgmail:
But he's receiving salary ooo

Stop it nau!
Sebi na only u sabi talk

1 Like

Re: Why I Won't Resume In Senate Now – Melaye by PassingShot(m): 10:30am On May 22, 2018
[s]
HIGHESTPOPORI:
So dino now sponsors killer herdsmen,no longer ghadafi?
[/s]
He has been implicated by a gang of robbers.

Common sense isn't common after all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Won't Resume In Senate Now – Melaye by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 10:31am On May 22, 2018
PassingShot:
[s][/s] He has been implicated by a gang of robbers.
Common sense isn't common after all.
Let the court decide

3 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Resume In Senate Now – Melaye by kmaster007: 10:31am On May 22, 2018
who dey find u deir bfor. ur appearance is not needed

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How I Gave Fayose $5mn Cash From Nigeria's Security Funds - Obanikoro / 'Bandits Treated Us Well' - Baptist School Student Freed On Health Grounds / PDP Will Return In 2019 - Abdullahi Maibasira, PDP National Youth Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.