Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,686 members, 7,809,592 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:44 AM

Should Kanu Make The 23 Man List? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Should Kanu Make The 23 Man List? (3701 Views)

Keshi Releases 25-man List For Ethiopia And Italy Matches. / NFF Rejects Keshi’s 42-man List For Malawi / Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Kanu Make The 23 Man List? by opetope: 11:06am On May 26, 2010
Largerback's reaction to Kanu after yeaterday's match shows Kanu might not be included in his final 23-man list. From Largerback's handshake with Kanu, it shows the coach simply thanked Kanu for his contributions to the team so far and make him realised that his services might not be needed at the World Cup.

What do you guys think?
Re: Should Kanu Make The 23 Man List? by medjai(m): 11:31am On May 26, 2010
He shouldnt only make the squad, he should be the first name on the list.
Re: Should Kanu Make The 23 Man List? by keemness(m): 11:50am On May 26, 2010
kanu should definitely make d list becos he is going to b a strong force to coordinate the team!!!! abeg i dont wanna c John Utaka on dat list, i pray Haruna makes d list
Re: Should Kanu Make The 23 Man List? by hollandis(f): 12:04pm On May 26, 2010
@poster
Since when did you become handshake analyst.
anyway Kanu shouldnt't make it because he is old,out-of-form and weak.
kanu's non inclusion wil be a laudable feat from lagerback.
Re: Should Kanu Make The 23 Man List? by Iyineda(m): 12:11pm On May 26, 2010
BASED ON WHAT I SAW YESTERDAY AND FOR THE PAST COUPLE OF MONTHS. . . [size=14pt]HELL NO![/size]

Papilo ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------> Retirement with all due respect. embarassed
Re: Should Kanu Make The 23 Man List? by candylips(m): 12:47pm On May 26, 2010
<NO>
Re: Should Kanu Make The 23 Man List? by medjai(m): 1:54pm On May 26, 2010
The non inclusion of Kanu in most of our games in Angola partly resulted in our poor performance. How many attackers do we have that have got the quality that Kanu has got? Its funny that some are judging from yesterdays game. How many of our attackers can hold the ball up and bring other attackers into play? Kanu is quality anytime, anyday. Like i earlier said, he should be the first name on the list.
Re: Should Kanu Make The 23 Man List? by naso2(m): 1:59pm On May 26, 2010
a big YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS
Re: Should Kanu Make The 23 Man List? by Olaolufred(m): 4:05pm On May 26, 2010
Kanu may go to South Africa, But as a Soccer Ambassador.

He should have bowed out when ovation was loud.

I see this lateness as a way of rubishing his Image.

To me, Someone Held the position for Siasia in Olympic.

Can't we make good out of these available but scarce resources we have?

Kanu was good, But Age has told the best story that Nigerians must know.

Anyone below par in camp should not go at all, No matter how young or old he is.
Re: Should Kanu Make The 23 Man List? by yemmight(m): 5:17pm On May 26, 2010
He should go, yes as a soccer ambassador. Never as a player again.
Re: Should Kanu Make The 23 Man List? by bouymoyo(m): 12:29pm On May 27, 2010
ambassador no doubt but in ur present crops of players, who amoungs them as papi's xperience.abeg leave matter 4 matheuas papillo is relevant 4 our world cup campaign.
Re: Should Kanu Make The 23 Man List? by bouymoyo(m): 12:38pm On May 27, 2010
World cup is not african cup of nation where all comes to play is always physical ability .here we are talking about is a world game, where the whites are more so what we need in world cup is not power or irrational tackles but fair and beautiful football.and in that area King Kanu is the best not only in Nigeria but the whole of Africa.
Re: Should Kanu Make The 23 Man List? by bouymoyo(m): 12:46pm On May 27, 2010
@hollandis,iyineda and candylips so na like that una memory weak. we are talking King Kanu.u guys must in actual sense be an ingrate. hw i wish i know una, i will immediately disengaged my relationship with una because u've show me una type
Re: Should Kanu Make The 23 Man List? by 12large: 2:06pm On May 27, 2010
boyomo abeg shut up. what has kanu done for nigeria senior team, he is jut living off atlanta 1996 14 years ago in senior team he has been rubbish since 2003 to now. a player that has been relegated 2 times. if toni ronaldo,carlos,pato,zanetti can be dropped then why can't a avarage player like kanu
Re: Should Kanu Make The 23 Man List? by johndavid1(m): 2:12pm On May 27, 2010
opetope:

Largerback's reaction to Kanu after yeaterday's match shows Kanu might not be included in his final 23-man list. From Largerback's handshake with Kanu, it shows the coach simply thanked Kanu for his contributions to the team so far and make him realised that his services might not be needed at the World Cup.

What do you guys think?
CAPITAL NO!! we dont CANOE
Re: Should Kanu Make The 23 Man List? by semid4lyfe(m): 2:23pm On May 27, 2010
Capital NO.
Re: Should Kanu Make The 23 Man List? by hollandis(f): 5:04pm On May 27, 2010
NOOOOOOOOOOOO
We don,t want relegated players
Re: Should Kanu Make The 23 Man List? by Adonike(m): 5:12pm On May 27, 2010
If Kanu should prove his mettle in the subsequent friendlies. Then there is no call for his exclusion.
Re: Should Kanu Make The 23 Man List? by medjai(m): 5:17pm On May 27, 2010
Kanu should make the team on two grounds: 1. His quality is still unparalled in the team. Nobody has got the quality that Kanu has got in that team. Also his wealth of experience would be of huge importance to us.
2. It would be the perfect stage for Kanu to take a bow after his enormous contributions to the Super Eagles. We still remember Atlanta '96, the pass that got us a victory against Cameroon in the 2004 Nations Cup in Tunisia. Remember how he single handedly wrecked Algeria during the Germany 06 qualifiers even though we didnt qualify. These are just a few of the games that Kanu's brilliance has radiated. Yes, he lacks match fitness, he has lost his pace but remember that Kanu is the cat with 9lives. Kanu must go to SA or else we go kidnap Lagerback.
Re: Should Kanu Make The 23 Man List? by PeeDaVinci: 11:21pm On May 27, 2010
with or without Kanu, Nigeria is going nowhere in SA (sorry if I sound pessimistic, i am just being realistic), so, it wont matter if we include him or not on that ground. I feel very strong that we should include him in the team though to help him boost his CV and honour one of our greatest footballers of all time, afterall England will be including Beckham even though he is not going to play in SA, we can do similar thing for Kanu
Re: Should Kanu Make The 23 Man List? by fender(m): 11:23pm On May 27, 2010
I JUST THINK HE SHOULD GO AND REST. HE'S PAID HIS DUES, ALL HE NEED DO NOW IS TO WATCH FROM THE SIDELINES.
RESPECT
Re: Should Kanu Make The 23 Man List? by Rastamann: 12:03am On May 28, 2010
Kanu should be part of the team. Though he is old but his experience matters. If Roger Miller can go to the world cup at his age and still perform, I wonder why Kanu cannot do better. Please let Kanu go tyo the world cup.
Re: Should Kanu Make The 23 Man List? by saemoenl(f): 12:04am On May 28, 2010
@poster
Since when did you become handshake analyst.
[i][/i]

I tire, grin
Re: Should Kanu Make The 23 Man List? by sthlm(m): 12:09am On May 28, 2010
no fucking way!! I really hope not. the guy is about 50 of age n cnat even walk. in my opinion he' done. has nothing left to offer. hopse lagerbäck brings in som fresh youngsters grin tongue
Re: Should Kanu Make The 23 Man List? by 9jauk: 12:14am On May 28, 2010
Nigerians shock me most time's with thr summations,KING kanu has got great mastermind in d feild of play,no doubht,his old,unfortunatly ,no one plays like kanu in d presence 9ja squad ,we need is massive experience, Larger Gulder pls don't be drunk u need him.The so called coach is stupid move by d NFA,why not SIASIA idiots.
Re: Should Kanu Make The 23 Man List? by 9jauk: 12:15am On May 28, 2010
whr is 9ja messi,OKOro
Re: Should Kanu Make The 23 Man List? by Nobody: 12:25am On May 28, 2010
there are five footballers in Nigeria that are my idols any day.Two have retired,one is been contemplated while the rest two are very young and still been celebrated. 1.King jay jay 2.Lord Amonike 3.The Suprem Kanu 4.Superlative Ogbuke and 5.The 'WOW' Ik.Pls i beg u na i no wan i miss the suprem 4 SA as i take miss the 'WOW' 4 Angola o
Re: Should Kanu Make The 23 Man List? by infohenry(m): 12:37am On May 28, 2010
Yes papilo, should be there, he is needed in the team as the team lacks a leader and motivator.
Re: Should Kanu Make The 23 Man List? by sesman(m): 1:34am On May 28, 2010
With all due to respect, Kanu should not make the 23 man squad, i understand he is a legend and he has done a lot for football in Nigeria but based on his recent performances he has not been good.

It would be good to have him there as a coaching staff because he has tremodous knowledge about the game and that it will help the players.
Re: Should Kanu Make The 23 Man List? by mamagee3(f): 1:35am On May 28, 2010
sthlm:

no bleeping way!! I really hope not. the guy is about 50 of age n cnat even walk. in my opinion he' done. has nothing left to offer. hopse lagerbäck brings in som fresh youngsters grin tongue
Damn!

Whose been feeding you with all these blatant misinformation?
Re: Should Kanu Make The 23 Man List? by Sonofpeace(m): 1:47am On May 28, 2010
Eventhough Papilo got no more strength left in him i think his wealth of experience and passes will be needed. The Man should definitely go to SA.
Re: Should Kanu Make The 23 Man List? by sulad82i(m): 2:45am On May 28, 2010
kanu needs to get the fuk out of the squad and allow the right young minded dudes to make an impact for niaja

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Supersport Africa / U-20 Women’s WCQ: Falconets Qualify For Next Round After DR Congo Withdraw / Top 10 Best Football Betting Prediction Sites In Nigeria You Should Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.