Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

Please Nigerians Help My Mum And Other Affected Pensioners In Enugu Get Justice - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Please Nigerians Help My Mum And Other Affected Pensioners In Enugu Get Justice (360 Views)

Makinde Grants N25,000 For Workers, N15,000 For Pensioners In Oyo / Pensioners In Delta State Protest 30-Month Arrears, Block Government House / Nigeria Army,82 Division Enugu Get New GOC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Nigerians Help My Mum And Other Affected Pensioners In Enugu Get Justice by climasautos(m): 11:20pm On May 22, 2018
please help my mum and other affected pensioners get justice. Enugu state govt stopped her/ their pensions since november 2017 also with gratuity unpaid because she had eye surgery and was hospitalized when a verification/capturing exercise was done by the government. Since November 2017 till date she and other affected pensioners have been delisted from pension payroll and no pension both arrears/present and gratuity paid to these people who spent their entire life serving the state. She is on medication and cost of sustaining her is really becoming heavy going by the economic condition of our country. She/others also affected pensioners have written to the government to no avail. I feel very frustrated each I see her cry as she remembers her life efforts, pension and gratuity is gone in a blink after serving the state all her life as a primary school teacher. Please we need well meaning Nigerian to help in this situation. Pensioners affected are (1) pensioners leaving outside the country. (2)Very sick and incapacitated pensioners. (3) Penssioners who didn't hear about the verification exercise because they don't leave in town. Most of them believed the verification/ capturing exercise was done within the shortest possible time with little or no publicity about the exercise.
It's also important for workers active in government jobs being used to do these kind of ill treatement to remember they shall become Penssioners oneday. (This is the 7th month,God is still providing) Please help and advice very much needed!!!
Re: Please Nigerians Help My Mum And Other Affected Pensioners In Enugu Get Justice by front2line: 12:45am On May 23, 2018
You are not cursing the Enugu state governors like your Igbo tribesmen normally do if it was Okorocha that refuse to pay. Bro I am sorry I feel no sympathy or empathy towards your course until you abuse, insult n disparage the present governor of Enugu state EOD.

1 Like

Re: Please Nigerians Help My Mum And Other Affected Pensioners In Enugu Get Justice by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:10am On May 23, 2018
There was a country/state.
Re: Please Nigerians Help My Mum And Other Affected Pensioners In Enugu Get Justice by Nobody: 1:21am On May 23, 2018
Let your mum physically go to the office and sort herself out. No other person can do it except her.

I brought my dad's elder sister, a retiree here for treatment and she missed the Abia verification too. She went home last month and has sorted hers out.
Re: Please Nigerians Help My Mum And Other Affected Pensioners In Enugu Get Justice by e7ejinima: 2:56am On May 23, 2018
Now this is a very common situation in Enugu State. My mum was part of the group that missed the poorly publicised verification exercise and it must be over 24months ago she got paid last. Unfortunately, now she has passed on.

I've been advised to get her death certificate and apply for arrears up until her death but I'm so so reluctant to pursue that cause of action, after all we have been through with her illness and all that. Such a waste!

The system is bad bro and no one seems to care. I feel your pain.

Forget all that Ugwuanyi endorsements. That administration is rudderless. A lot of motion but no movement.
Re: Please Nigerians Help My Mum And Other Affected Pensioners In Enugu Get Justice by enoch273: 3:34am On May 23, 2018
Nigeria herself ve been seeking justice since 1960.
Re: Please Nigerians Help My Mum And Other Affected Pensioners In Enugu Get Justice by deji17: 3:35am On May 23, 2018
Igbo Amaka. Hail Biafla..

(1) (Reply)

I’ll Never Castigate Buhari, PDP Governor Vows / Breaking : Fela Durutoye Meeting With The Ooni... Details Later / VIDEO: Offa Residents Stage Protest, Ask IGP Idris Not To Politicize Robbery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.