Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,431 members, 7,815,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Obasanjo Supports Malawi Government: Condemns Homosexuality As An 'abomination' - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Supports Malawi Government: Condemns Homosexuality As An 'abomination' (7917 Views)

Obasanjo Supports Buhari, Warns Against Coup / Nigerians Being Scorned And Mocked In Malawi / If Obasanjo Supports Atiku For 2011, Yaradua Is A Goner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Supports Malawi Government: Condemns Homosexuality As An 'abomination' by Katsumoto: 12:53pm On May 27, 2010
redsun:

What do know about the reptileans?You guys live in a world that is magical to you,the more you the less you see.

Stop banding words about. If you have a point to make, then do so. I think you have spent a lot of time on conspiracy theory websites. Please make the connection between the cosa nostra, the European Royal families, and the reptileans. I am waiting.
Re: Obasanjo Supports Malawi Government: Condemns Homosexuality As An 'abomination' by Sagamite(m): 12:55pm On May 27, 2010
Katsumoto:

Stop banding words about. If you have a point to make, then do so. I think you have spent a lot of time on conspiracy theory websites. Please make the connection between the cosa nostra, the European Royal families, and the reptileans. I am waiting.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I spotted that too.

I was thinking, this guy is not displaying logic, he is just throwing any platitude he can get in is mind. grin
Re: Obasanjo Supports Malawi Government: Condemns Homosexuality As An 'abomination' by redsun(m): 12:58pm On May 27, 2010
The main reason why most africans are ignorant is that they fail to connect the past to the present.If you take your time to under the royal families of europe maybe you will get a picture of what i am talking about and i will leave that for you to do,maybe it will broaden your mind.
Re: Obasanjo Supports Malawi Government: Condemns Homosexuality As An 'abomination' by SLIGHT(m): 1:01pm On May 27, 2010
Obasanjo is right to support malawi for taking a bold step against stupidity
Re: Obasanjo Supports Malawi Government: Condemns Homosexuality As An 'abomination' by redsun(m): 1:05pm On May 27, 2010
Sagamite:

I spotted that too.

I was thinking, this guy is not displaying logic, he is just throwing any platitude he can get in is mind. grin

The problem with u is that u are schooled to believe,that explains ur loud,nonchalant nature.You can't make connections because ur mind is static.
Re: Obasanjo Supports Malawi Government: Condemns Homosexuality As An 'abomination' by Katsumoto: 1:07pm On May 27, 2010
redsun:

The main reason why most africans are ignorant is that they fail to connect the past to the present.If you take your time to under the royal families of europe maybe you will get a picture of what i am talking about and i will leave that for you to do,maybe it will broaden your mind.

You mean we should understand/read history. You were throwing words about without connecting the dots. I want a lesson from you; please connect the European Royal Families to the Cosa Nostra and the Reptileans.
Re: Obasanjo Supports Malawi Government: Condemns Homosexuality As An 'abomination' by Katsumoto: 1:09pm On May 27, 2010
Sagamite:

I spotted that too.

I tire o.
Re: Obasanjo Supports Malawi Government: Condemns Homosexuality As An 'abomination' by Sagamite(m): 1:12pm On May 27, 2010
redsun:

The problem with u is that u are schooled to believe,that explains your loud,nonchalant nature.You can't make connections because your mind is static.

Ok o. grin grin grin grin grin

Katsumoto:

I tire o.

Try and work his logic. Let me see if you have high stamina and perseverance levels. grin
Re: Obasanjo Supports Malawi Government: Condemns Homosexuality As An 'abomination' by redsun(m): 1:16pm On May 27, 2010
Katsumoto:

You mean we should understand/read history. You were throwing words about without connecting the dots. I want a lesson from you; please connect the European Royal Families to the Cosa Nostra and the Reptileans.

Now learning boy,can u differentiate between,cosa nostra,omerter and top secret power induced organizations?
Re: Obasanjo Supports Malawi Government: Condemns Homosexuality As An 'abomination' by redsun(m): 1:24pm On May 27, 2010
Sagamite:

Ok o. grin grin grin grin grin

Try and work his logic. Let me see if you have high stamina and perseverance levels. grin

Your logic is that of a mentally enslaved man and unfortunately u don't know u are.
Re: Obasanjo Supports Malawi Government: Condemns Homosexuality As An 'abomination' by Katsumoto: 1:37pm On May 27, 2010
redsun:

Now learning boy,can u differentiate between,cosa nostra,omerter and top secret power induced organizations?

I said I am after a lesson and not after riddles. or are you my Samurai master? Please educate me; I am waiting.
Re: Obasanjo Supports Malawi Government: Condemns Homosexuality As An 'abomination' by Sagamite(m): 1:39pm On May 27, 2010
Katsumoto:

I said I am after a lesson and not after riddles. or are you my Samurai master? Please educate me; I am waiting.

LWKMD grin grin grin grin grin

It appears giving riddles give him the air of intelligence. grin
Re: Obasanjo Supports Malawi Government: Condemns Homosexuality As An 'abomination' by Sagamite(m): 2:14pm On May 27, 2010
Katsumoto:

Just to warn you in advance about the reasoning level of this dimwit.  grin

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-427071.96.html#msg5945384

He "sees" the unseen grin. A lot schizophrenics have such special abilities.
Re: Obasanjo Supports Malawi Government: Condemns Homosexuality As An 'abomination' by Katsumoto: 2:27pm On May 27, 2010
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thanks for the lookout. grin
Re: Obasanjo Supports Malawi Government: Condemns Homosexuality As An 'abomination' by redsun(m): 3:10pm On May 27, 2010
Katsumoto:

I give u hints for u expantiate on,i am not ur tutor,i don't have time to coach sealed brains like yours.The reason why you guys can't reason is that you keep dwelling on what they said it is,not what you think about it,like the other loud mouthed buffoon,sagamite,that lives in one of freest and liberal cities,so he said yet he doesn't know freedom means as regards other people choices,he always sound so shittie.
Re: Obasanjo Supports Malawi Government: Condemns Homosexuality As An 'abomination' by Dede1(m): 3:25pm On May 27, 2010
SEFAGO is a disgraceful pervert who tends to exhibit ignorance on the subjects well above his/her pedigree.
Re: Obasanjo Supports Malawi Government: Condemns Homosexuality As An 'abomination' by Sagamite(m): 3:33pm On May 27, 2010
redsun:

I give u hints for u expantiate on,i am not your tutor,i don't have time to coach sealed brains like yours.The reason why you guys can't reason is that you keep dwelling on what they said it is,not what you think about it,like the other loud mouthed buffoon,sagamite,that lives in one of freest and liberal cities,so he said yet he doesn't know freedom means as regards other people choices,he always sound so shittie.

I have already said what I think about it, it is your time to state what you "sees" about it. grin
Re: Obasanjo Supports Malawi Government: Condemns Homosexuality As An 'abomination' by redsun(m): 3:54pm On May 27, 2010
Sagamite:

I have already said what I think about it, it is your time to state what you "sees" about it. grin

Your opinions can only make sense to people like obasanjo,the programmed zombies of this world.
Re: Obasanjo Supports Malawi Government: Condemns Homosexuality As An 'abomination' by Gamesmart: 4:11pm On May 27, 2010
SEFAGO:

I am going to be  lazy today because your statements are a bit ignorant:

The West does not recognize same- marriage in every place. Please specify the country. I know in the US same- marriage varies across each state. Some states do not recognize it and its illegal in some places while some are very liberal about it.

You appear to want to throw accusation of 'ignorance'.

OK, may I test yours?

Is it not the case that a lot of Western countries now have same intimacy marriage under the subterfuge - civil union? And those that do not yet, the prevailing argitation by the vocal liberals is for this to exist?

So why will they recognise gay marriage under the "consenting adults" rigmarole (i.e. where it is already in place), but yet have legislations that restrict polygamy using bigamy laws?

Do you know or are you ignorant to this?

SEFAGO:

Please do your research you are wasting my time again. The UK recognizes foreign polygamy marriages but will not allow it to go on in their country. Also they are very lax for muslims lol.

Sorry if I am wasting your time, I note you used the adjective 'foreign'. Is that your justification for banning polygamy?

So why can't the UK be OK with only foreign same intimacy marriages? Why do they need a local same intimacy marriage system?

It appears you are not very good at demonstrating coherence or you are using underhand logic.

Basically, what grounds the proponents of homosexual marriage have to lecture Africa on "two consenting adults" are free to doas they wish, when they do not allow "two consenting adults" the freedom to marry in a polygamous set up?

SEFAGO:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/791263.stm

Yes, it can be argued in international human right courts that polygamy is a human right. I would however tell any lawyer trying to do so that a stronger and contrary argument can also be proposed- that polygamy violates several human rights . However, there has been to precedent in international courts. The main reason being that the law is rarely enforced.

It shocks me that you celebrated above that the UK recognises polygamy and then post a like that shows muslim challenging the govt for not recognising polygamy. That is a classic.  grin

Can you please put forth your argument on how polygamy violates several human rights? It will be interesting for the lawyers on the forum to learn this.

SEFAGO:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=90886407

Lots of polygamy going on in the US. They even have suggestive statistics on this.

If you think polygamy laws are really enforced when they cause no harm anyone you must be unaware of how laws in the west works. You will only see polygamy issues when a guy has done some major f.u.ck ups

So why did the US legislate against it if it is between two consenting adults that cause no harm to anyone?

Why do they send people to jail for bigamy offences?

If that is fair, so why can't Africa (and even the US) also legislate against same-intimacy marriage and punish anyone that breaks their law?
Re: Obasanjo Supports Malawi Government: Condemns Homosexuality As An 'abomination' by Gamesmart: 4:21pm On May 27, 2010
SEFAGO:

I would state- yes they might breach some fundamental human rights. But whats your point? People who criticize the discrimination against gays are not the "West", they are mainly human rights organizations.

Also usually when a court determines a precedent case, they usually weigh superior human rights- which supersedes what. This involves significant debate in court- you cannot ensure the right to polygamy if polygamy could cause significant limitations on the autonomy of women.

If we remain on the case of ignorance, you will fall in that category with the bolded.

It will shock me you do not know that majority of Human Rights organisations are run by the West. And majority of those not run by the West are funded by them.

I will await your explanation of how polygamy cause limitations on the autonomy of women.
Re: Obasanjo Supports Malawi Government: Condemns Homosexuality As An 'abomination' by SEFAGO(m): 4:33pm On May 27, 2010
Dede1:

SEFAGO is a disgraceful pervert who tends to exhibit ignorance on the subjects well above his/her pedigree.

Haha I doubt I am pervert. I am actually very prim and proper in character.

It will shock me you do not know that majority of Human Rights organisations are run by the West. And majority of those not run by the West are funded by them.

I will await your explanation of how polygamy cause limitations on the autonomy of women.

If you mean they are run by white people which you collectively call the west then you are correct. if you mean they are funded by the US government or the UK government then you really are hilarious. These Human right agencies also criticize the west.

What do you really mean by the west- do you mean the government or you are referring to the people?

Remember Human Right Organizations are usually NGOs. I live in a place which probably has the largest number of human right organizations in the world so I would know that these guys sit down and criticize everything the US government does. I would not be surprised if there is one that asks for polygamy rights.
Re: Obasanjo Supports Malawi Government: Condemns Homosexuality As An 'abomination' by SEFAGO(m): 4:48pm On May 27, 2010
Polygamy affects autonomy a lot. Consider this- who are the people who usually practice polygamy in the US- Muslims and fundamentalist Mormons. An intelligent person well versed in standard philosophical theory like I am grin would catch on to the fact that Muslim women are socialized to engage in polygamy. How many women would really want to engage in polygamy if they were not pressurized by society or family? Is that really informed consent?

When people talk about consent especially when you want to present a court case they talk about infored consent- being aware of the consequences of what you are doing. Modern feminist theory would refute claims that women are authentically polygamous. Polygamy is usually one man and many women. Does this not seem wrong to you?

Further polygamy has adverse effects for the government especially welfare Governments like the UK. The Government does not want to be footing the bill for four wives of a Muslim man who does not have work.

www.californialawreview.org/assets/pdfs/98-1/Richards.pdf

http://hrbriefblog./2010/04/06/human-rights-group-challenges-uganda%E2%80%99s-polygamy-laws/

Human rights groups do challenge polygamy on its harmful grounds to women and as articulated in Article 30 of the Universal declaration of human rights that the US signs to, and including Nigeria, no right should supersede the well being of others. The freedom to practise religion does not entail that you can engage in acts that undermine the autonomy and informed consent of women.
Re: Obasanjo Supports Malawi Government: Condemns Homosexuality As An 'abomination' by SEFAGO(m): 4:57pm On May 27, 2010

Is it not the case that a lot of Western countries now have same intimacy marriage under the subterfuge - civil union? And those that do not yet, the prevailing agitation by the vocal liberals is for this to exist?

So why will they recognize gay marriage under the "consenting adults" rigmarole (i.e. where it is already in place), but yet have legislations that restrict polygamy using bigamy laws?

They do not recognize gay marriage under the consenting adult clause. You are 100% wrong on this. Arguments on gay marriage have no reference to consenting adults. You noticed I stopped because i was confused at what you were saying . . . the Malawi people did not get married you know, they "announced their engagement" which drew the eyes of the government to them, and put them in trouble. They had been committing the crime but had not yet being "discovered" until they announced it.

Consenting adult means the right to "sex" with each other, you are the one who introduced marriage into this, even Obasanjo caught that part and you cannot. The right for homosexuals to engage with each other is protected in the US but not in Nigeria. Gay marriage is now a different question.

Arguments for Gay marriage is a different cup of tea and is quite complex. An argument for gay marriage has to provide reasons why traditional marriages should include gay marriage. Its more complex in a christian nation like the US, or a very traditional and conservative nation like Nigeria or Malawi. I dont feel like trying today.
Re: Obasanjo Supports Malawi Government: Condemns Homosexuality As An 'abomination' by redsun(m): 5:00pm On May 27, 2010
Homosexuality could just be one of  nature's evolutionary mechanism of controlling exploding human population.If all the gay people of this world marry as we so-called hetrosexuals do and breed like mole rats like average africans do,the world population will be out of control.,children born in abject delusion with no form of social,economic and moral security,it's like children having children.

I am thinking.For a man to be cherishing another man's back as-s,loving and living with it,it is something supernatural and should be acknowledged instead of persecuting.

Thou shall not judge.
Re: Obasanjo Supports Malawi Government: Condemns Homosexuality As An 'abomination' by SEFAGO(m): 5:01pm On May 27, 2010
Polygamy is a type of marriage and so is gay marriage. Your claims about consenting adults refers to se.x.ua.l activity and not marriage. The "West" was telling the Malawi that these people have the right to "Gay activity  grin" but not to gay marriage. The "West" where homosexual rights are strongly debated would definitely not make such a suggestion.

Infact which priest will marry two homos in malawi?  grin
Re: Obasanjo Supports Malawi Government: Condemns Homosexuality As An 'abomination' by Nobody: 5:05pm On May 27, 2010
SEFAGO, see what you moronic friend (Phd man) aka mekusfoolish is writing Here
grin grin
Re: Obasanjo Supports Malawi Government: Condemns Homosexuality As An 'abomination' by SEFAGO(m): 5:11pm On May 27, 2010
So Gamestart you just wasted time typing lol. Consenting adult as used in the article talks about "gay activity." I dont think there is anything like "polygamous activity" except triple sins or foursomes or whatever. Which is secured in every constitution in the world. I doubt any Nigerian legislator will present otherwise when they prolly engage in double these activities.

ilugunboy:

SEFAGO, see what you moronic friend (Phd man) aka mekusfoolish is writing Here
grin grin

Abeg I dey come, the people here are boring, the same low IQ arguments. Most dont even know what they are talking about b4 they rush and start typing hehe. Why I like mekusxxxy is that he is actually slightly fun.
Re: Obasanjo Supports Malawi Government: Condemns Homosexuality As An 'abomination' by GEW: 5:18pm On May 27, 2010
foolish man. pumping nike oshinowo back side with atiku is no abormination. looting treasury and doing your daughter inlaw is no abomination in egba land?

yeye monkey fowl.
Re: Obasanjo Supports Malawi Government: Condemns Homosexuality As An 'abomination' by Nobody: 5:22pm On May 27, 2010
GEW:

foolish man. pumping nike oshinowo back side with atiku is no abormination. looting treasury and doing your daughter inlaw is no abomination in egba land?

yeye monkey fowl.

Sharrraap dia. Don't you ever associate that city with bad behaviour. grin tongue
Re: Obasanjo Supports Malawi Government: Condemns Homosexuality As An 'abomination' by redsun(m): 5:29pm On May 27, 2010
Obasanjo is a scum of the earth,it will take scums to acknowledge him and that is why i am always surprise his opinions make headlines.It's like asking hitler to give opinion on moral issues
Re: Obasanjo Supports Malawi Government: Condemns Homosexuality As An 'abomination' by chidichris(m): 5:30pm On May 27, 2010
this sleepy old ape is always interested in been on the news. why won't this man allow young ppl whose reasoning systems are functing well to speak for us.
when a country like ours depends on morally dead men like obasanjo for our moral up-bringing,. our future is surely heading to the rocks.
Re: Obasanjo Supports Malawi Government: Condemns Homosexuality As An 'abomination' by SEFAGO(m): 5:31pm On May 27, 2010
But nike oshinowo is fine, would not mind  lipsrsealed

Anyways back to topic

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Governor Uduaghan's Cousin Kidnapped In Broad Daylight / Abdulrazaq Okays N350m For Colleges Of Education, FADAMA / Mbaka Adoration Ground On Fire!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.