Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,098 members, 7,859,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 10:56 PM

Biafra Anniversary: Police Arrest 10 MASSOB, BIM Members In Portharcourt - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra Anniversary: Police Arrest 10 MASSOB, BIM Members In Portharcourt (12075 Views)

EndSARS Anniversary: Police Arraign 34 Suspects In Lagos / Police Arrest 10 IPOB Members In Bayelsa / Soldiers Raid Mosque In Kano, Arrest 10 Suspected Boko Haram Militants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra Anniversary: Police Arrest 10 MASSOB, BIM Members In Portharcourt by Nobody: 2:13pm On May 23, 2018
as far as uwazuluike is concerned....they should be arrested....
He is a saboteur and a spy
Re: Biafra Anniversary: Police Arrest 10 MASSOB, BIM Members In Portharcourt by MrCork: 2:14pm On May 23, 2018
Groovenaija360:
Security operatives, on Tuesday, arrested over 10 members of the Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) and Biafra Independent Movement (BIM), when they staged an anniversary rally, in Port Harcourt, Rivers State.

It was gathered that the arrested persons were among the hundreds of supporters of Pro-Biafran agitators who had stormed Port Harcourt, the State capital, to mark their 18 years of the existence of MASSOB and BIM.

The pro-Biafra agitators had commenced the procession at Mile Market in Port Harcourt, and headed towards Eleme junction before they were intercepted around Garrison junction.

The security men shot teargas canisters at the MASSOB and BIM members to disperse them and arrested 10 of them, especially those wearing military and Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps camouflages.

MASSOB leader in the state, Solomon Chukwu, in his speech during the protest, said: “I am not happy about the development. I met the security people and told them what we are doing that we are not violent. But, they asked us to close and go. They did not give us chance to go.

“They arrested our people on uniform. Our coming out is not that we took them unawares. They are aware. We are meant to go to Eleme Junction. But, because of their action, we stopped here at Garrison. We will follow up the people they have arrested to secure their release.

“I am calling on the Federal Government that MASSOB is non-violent and we are a registered organisation. We are shocked that they decided to treat us like this”, he expressed.

Also, Engr. Anthony Azukem said the essence of the rally was to reawaken the call for the creation of the Biafran State.

He said: “The rally this morning is to mark our 18 years of existence, after it was formed in year 2000 by Chief Ralph Uwazuruike. The call for the reawakening of the call for the creation of Biafra State is part of the reason for this rally”.

>>>> https://groovenaija360.com.ng/biafra-anniversary-police-arrest-10-massob-bim-members-in-portharcourt/

...but why are IBO people all ways cussing rally up & down cussing riot.....muss every thing always result to violent? ((SMH)) undecided
Re: Biafra Anniversary: Police Arrest 10 MASSOB, BIM Members In Portharcourt by Ttipsy(f): 2:15pm On May 23, 2018
Biafria or any form of division is not the way forward.

All needed now is strategic leaders. gush Nigerian are tired of old fools as leaders or president. let play not lazy this time
Re: Biafra Anniversary: Police Arrest 10 MASSOB, BIM Members In Portharcourt by ZorGBUooeh: 2:16pm On May 23, 2018
Unity beggers will soon arrive hia.. smiley

1 Like

Re: Biafra Anniversary: Police Arrest 10 MASSOB, BIM Members In Portharcourt by osazsky(m): 2:21pm On May 23, 2018
fools do they pay these guys to protest,dem nor d use eye c placards,if they are shot now dem go dey shout human right mumu,foolish pigs ,serves them right,do these guys understand simple english
Re: Biafra Anniversary: Police Arrest 10 MASSOB, BIM Members In Portharcourt by Edu3Again: 2:22pm On May 23, 2018
post=67809124:

No! We only fear more killings of your people on an unrealistic course clamoured by 10% of the Igbos.
It's none of ur biz what we do!

Fulani are killing more than enough!

You fear us leaving Becos u know u can't survive on ur own.
Re: Biafra Anniversary: Police Arrest 10 MASSOB, BIM Members In Portharcourt by Afec1000givers: 2:27pm On May 23, 2018
[quote author=Nairalandmentor post=67808892]Non violent protest is legal. Except they pose a threat to lives and properties.

If you need a reliable website design agency in Nigeria without advanced payments? Check my signature for our beautiful and high profile portfolios[/quote i need your service call me 07063351645
Re: Biafra Anniversary: Police Arrest 10 MASSOB, BIM Members In Portharcourt by Roger3D(m): 2:34pm On May 23, 2018
Edu3Again:

We can see the problem we have, the Fulani is scared of igbos leaving them!

They know that without us and the rest of the South they are left with the NEPA certificate &
Transmission.

The Fulani is scared of us leaving them alone

30th of May go remind u have resolute the whole igbos are grin

We all know that u fear us the igbos!
Fear you? When we all know say na only mouth una get
Re: Biafra Anniversary: Police Arrest 10 MASSOB, BIM Members In Portharcourt by BlackHatNaija: 2:36pm On May 23, 2018
Edu3Again:
It's none of ur biz what we do!
Fulani are killing more than enough!
You fear us leaving Becos u know u can't survive on ur own.
OK, be in Lagos and be shouting Biafra for your people to be dying at home.
Re: Biafra Anniversary: Police Arrest 10 MASSOB, BIM Members In Portharcourt by Edu3Again: 2:40pm On May 23, 2018
post=67809703:

OK, be in Lagos and be shouting Biafra for your people to be dying at home.
Are u living in Fulani Land?

Are you not living off the wealth generated from the South?

Your people are shedding blood everywhere and u think God won't intervene?
Re: Biafra Anniversary: Police Arrest 10 MASSOB, BIM Members In Portharcourt by Postanalyser: 2:42pm On May 23, 2018
onyebongo:
My people are still fool.God make them reciv sense
And as sensible as you think you are,you are still in this shithole,smelling like shit and being ruled by the only man whose head is a vacuum. i pity your pitiful life.

Re: Biafra Anniversary: Police Arrest 10 MASSOB, BIM Members In Portharcourt by AnanseK(m): 2:45pm On May 23, 2018
IPOB Terrorists!
Re: Biafra Anniversary: Police Arrest 10 MASSOB, BIM Members In Portharcourt by OneKinGuy(m): 2:47pm On May 23, 2018
mbos:

shut up

biafrans are united
united my foot. My guy is a core igbo and doesn't gives a fvck about biafra
Re: Biafra Anniversary: Police Arrest 10 MASSOB, BIM Members In Portharcourt by goodybabeo1: 2:52pm On May 23, 2018
ok
Re: Biafra Anniversary: Police Arrest 10 MASSOB, BIM Members In Portharcourt by kuntash: 3:14pm On May 23, 2018
I believe the issues the Ndi Igbo are facing could probably be self-inflict or by way of political alienation and intelligentsia maneuvering by other major tribes

however, with these unending sound of Biafra being echoed louder by the day, ...

That unity would come some day!

Also the seemingly hatred for these people would begin to wear a new look when the struggle kindles properly...

I am not Igbo, but I strongly feel we need to have a template that works and suits citizens of any nation - Definitely not what we have now.
Re: Biafra Anniversary: Police Arrest 10 MASSOB, BIM Members In Portharcourt by fabulous986: 3:18pm On May 23, 2018
Okay
Re: Biafra Anniversary: Police Arrest 10 MASSOB, BIM Members In Portharcourt by yazach: 3:21pm On May 23, 2018
Groovenaija360:
Security operatives, on Tuesday, arrested over 10 members of the Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) and Biafra Independent Movement (BIM), when they staged an anniversary rally, in Port Harcourt, Rivers State.

It was gathered that the arrested persons were among the hundreds of supporters of Pro-Biafran agitators who had stormed Port Harcourt, the State capital, to mark their 18 years of the existence of MASSOB and BIM.

The pro-Biafra agitators had commenced the procession at Mile Market in Port Harcourt, and headed towards Eleme junction before they were intercepted around Garrison junction.

The security men shot teargas canisters at the MASSOB and BIM members to disperse them and arrested 10 of them, especially those wearing military and Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps camouflages.

MASSOB leader in the state, Solomon Chukwu, in his speech during the protest, said: “I am not happy about the development. I met the security people and told them what we are doing that we are not violent. But, they asked us to close and go. They did not give us chance to go.

“They arrested our people on uniform. Our coming out is not that we took them unawares. They are aware. We are meant to go to Eleme Junction. But, because of their action, we stopped here at Garrison. We will follow up the people they have arrested to secure their release.

“I am calling on the Federal Government that MASSOB is non-violent and we are a registered organisation. We are shocked that they decided to treat us like this”, he expressed.

Also, Engr. Anthony Azukem said the essence of the rally was to reawaken the call for the creation of the Biafran State.

He said: “The rally this morning is to mark our 18 years of existence, after it was formed in year 2000 by Chief Ralph Uwazuruike. The call for the reawakening of the call for the creation of Biafra State is part of the reason for this rally”.

>>>> https://groovenaija360.com.ng/biafra-anniversary-police-arrest-10-massob-bim-members-in-portharcourt/

Buratai are you seeing these terrorists
Re: Biafra Anniversary: Police Arrest 10 MASSOB, BIM Members In Portharcourt by excel4us: 3:25pm On May 23, 2018
Fear of the unknown.the fear of Biafra is a sickness to many.Ha anyi aka biko
Re: Biafra Anniversary: Police Arrest 10 MASSOB, BIM Members In Portharcourt by Ugo4hotish(m): 4:11pm On May 23, 2018
OneKinGuy:

united my foot. My guy is a core igbo and doesn't gives a fvck about biafra
then your guy is the greatest fool on earth
Re: Biafra Anniversary: Police Arrest 10 MASSOB, BIM Members In Portharcourt by Jsucre(m): 4:26pm On May 23, 2018
PFRB:

Tell me a tribe that is united and give your reasons.
is like Fulani are united biko
Re: Biafra Anniversary: Police Arrest 10 MASSOB, BIM Members In Portharcourt by Jsucre(m): 4:28pm On May 23, 2018
Ugo4hotish:
fool dey tag some fool. receive sense abeg
Re: Biafra Anniversary: Police Arrest 10 MASSOB, BIM Members In Portharcourt by OneKinGuy(m): 4:33pm On May 23, 2018
Ugo4hotish:

u lie nigga. He is wise. That's why his life is eazi. I just can't imagine the misery you are going through now, fight for a dead concept . grin
Re: Biafra Anniversary: Police Arrest 10 MASSOB, BIM Members In Portharcourt by selemempe: 6:50pm On May 23, 2018
post=67808869:
Well, when they wake up from their dreams, they would discover that it would have been better fighting for an Igbo President than an Igbo nation.
have u ever heard about the saying 'shoot for the moon, at least u can land among the stars?' Igbo presidency would be easily giving with this Biafran protests
Re: Biafra Anniversary: Police Arrest 10 MASSOB, BIM Members In Portharcourt by BlackHatNaija: 7:04pm On May 23, 2018
selemempe:
have u ever heard about the saying 'shoot for the moon, at least u can land among the stars?' Igbo presidency would be easily giving with this Biafran protests
You're also right
Re: Biafra Anniversary: Police Arrest 10 MASSOB, BIM Members In Portharcourt by dasparrow: 7:43pm On May 23, 2018
opeolu202:
Buhari free these people na

My thoughts exactly.

Is it a must to be part of Nigeria?
Re: Biafra Anniversary: Police Arrest 10 MASSOB, BIM Members In Portharcourt by Nobody: 9:01pm On May 23, 2018
mikhe2:
Arrest them all. Make we nor lie the igbos ain't united na only touts they display their foolishness like dis.

The igbos aren't United United yet they are the only group that has ever come together n took on a powerful nationalist movement n declared independence.

Igbo is an ethnic group comprising of all tribes in eastern Nigeria.

Meanwhile are Yorubas United gringringrin.

Igbo matter go kill you.
Re: Biafra Anniversary: Police Arrest 10 MASSOB, BIM Members In Portharcourt by JAMESOJAY: 9:19pm On May 23, 2018
You sound like one of this yourba cowards
Re: Biafra Anniversary: Police Arrest 10 MASSOB, BIM Members In Portharcourt by JAMESOJAY: 9:20pm On May 23, 2018
Which truth?

That Yourbas are cowards right
Re: Biafra Anniversary: Police Arrest 10 MASSOB, BIM Members In Portharcourt by JAMESOJAY: 9:21pm On May 23, 2018
Which truth?

That Yourbas are cowards right
Re: Biafra Anniversary: Police Arrest 10 MASSOB, BIM Members In Portharcourt by JAMESOJAY: 9:25pm On May 23, 2018
Idiot of the highest other

We fought the hausa-foolanis

Please let the coward yourba tribe fight their masters

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafra Anniversary: Police Arrest 10 MASSOB, BIM Members In Portharcourt by akhimself234: 12:18am On May 24, 2018
mikhe2:
you guys aint united bro. Learn to kiss the truth

United or not united, they should be allowed to celebrate their anniversary. After all, they aren't disturbing anyone, rather they are jubilating. I taya for this country.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oke Was Not Arrested By The Military - Media Aide / Senators Indict Governors For Power Abuse; Come Hard On Ganduje, El-Rufai, Bello / 2019: Campaign Officially Starts Tomorrow 18th November 2018: INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.