Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,745 members, 7,824,145 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

How To Select A Good Watermelon - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Select A Good Watermelon (41286 Views)

See The N200 Watermelon I Bought In Calabar This Afternoon / See The #500 Watermelon I Bought yesterday (Saturday) / How Do You Eat Your Watermelon? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Select A Good Watermelon by UbiPetrus: 3:39pm On May 23, 2018
Cool.

1 Like

Re: How To Select A Good Watermelon by Pat081: 3:48pm On May 23, 2018
olafunny:
On top N50 water melon i wn buy from aboki, i go still de check for backyard and frontage? This thread is not for me.

I de go
He is nt talking to people dat want to buy 5o naira own

1 Like

Re: How To Select A Good Watermelon by Culin(f): 3:50pm On May 23, 2018
hopebacy:
4. ’Boy’ and ’girl’ watermelons:
Many people do not know that farmers differentiate watermelons by gender. For example, ’boys’ are bigger, have an elongated shape, and a watery taste. The ’girls’ have a rounded shape and are very sweet.

why does this have more likes than the other points cheesy
Re: How To Select A Good Watermelon by objobj: 4:04pm On May 23, 2018
thanks OP

1 Like

Re: How To Select A Good Watermelon by Maket: 4:04pm On May 23, 2018
This thread should have come before today Na. I just fell victim this afternoon. Thanks for this educative thread.

1 Like

Re: How To Select A Good Watermelon by Nobody: 4:14pm On May 23, 2018
Sabi guy..you just cracked an agelong issue for me.

Gracias

1 Like

Re: How To Select A Good Watermelon by blowjohn(m): 4:28pm On May 23, 2018
annexes:
Lesson learnt. This water melon is the most disappointing thing I've ever seen in my entire life

Pretend it's a large guava
Re: How To Select A Good Watermelon by barnawilla: 4:49pm On May 23, 2018
hopebacy:
From Mak-migo farm limited

Many people have no idea how to select a watermelon. They just knock on this over-sized fruit as if they know what they are doing, it may be good to use, but is it difficult to master the knocking technique. Sometimes we think that unless you’re an experienced farmer, buying a juicy, tasty, fully ripe, and sweet watermelon is hit or miss. However, it doesn’t have to be if you look for a few things when you’re picking out your melon. In fact, you can tell whether a watermelon is ripe without actually cutting it. Today, we would like to share some tips from experienced farmers that will help you to choose the finest watermelon ever, enjoy.
THINGS YOU DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT WATERMELON
• Water Melon is the one of the most popular and most eaten fruits around the world as most people take it as a snack, for health purpose and as supplements to diet. https://paystack.com/pay/p109jmjmpt

1 Like

Re: How To Select A Good Watermelon by barnawilla: 4:50pm On May 23, 2018
hopebacy:
From Mak-migo farm limited

Many people have no idea how to select a watermelon. They just knock on this over-sized fruit as if they know what they are doing, it may be good to use, but is it difficult to master the knocking technique. Sometimes we think that unless you’re an experienced farmer, buying a juicy, tasty, fully ripe, and sweet watermelon is hit or miss. However, it doesn’t have to be if you look for a few things when you’re picking out your melon. In fact, you can tell whether a watermelon is ripe without actually cutting it. Today, we would like to share some tips from experienced farmers that will help you to choose the finest watermelon ever, enjoy.
THINGS YOU DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT WATERMELON
• Water Melon is the one of the most popular and most eaten fruits around the world as most people take it as a snack, for health purpose and as supplements to diet. https://paystack.com/pay/p109jmjmpt

How to Start making Millions Farming Watermelon anywhere in the world «A-Z STEPS» - Paystack
THINGS YOU DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT WATERMELON • Water Melon is the one of the most popular and most eaten fruits around the world as most people take it as...

1 Like

Re: How To Select A Good Watermelon by AnaCheks(m): 4:58pm On May 23, 2018
hopebacy:
Many people do not know that farmers differentiate watermelons by gender. For example, ’boys’ are bigger, have an elongated shape, and a watery taste. The ’girls’ have a rounded shape and are very sweet.
Girls dey always sweet na grin
Re: How To Select A Good Watermelon by Seeker091: 4:59pm On May 23, 2018
Oshey, baddest.

1 Like

Re: How To Select A Good Watermelon by vicben27(m): 5:05pm On May 23, 2018
hopebacy:
yah girls are alwayz sweet, while we the Boyz produce and deposite the water! your head dey there Boss!

1 Like

Re: How To Select A Good Watermelon by DuchessLily(f): 5:10pm On May 23, 2018
OP thanks for sharing

1 Like

Re: How To Select A Good Watermelon by PrimadonnaO(f): 5:16pm On May 23, 2018
Acidosis:
Information is power cool

: PrimadonnaO

cheesy. I've known these for a while, through.

1 Like

Re: How To Select A Good Watermelon by hopebacy(m): 5:25pm On May 23, 2018
but why must everything about the female gender round and sweet
Re: How To Select A Good Watermelon by hopebacy(m): 5:27pm On May 23, 2018
iceboy4752:
Thanks for this good piece OP.
UWC Bruh cool

1 Like

Re: How To Select A Good Watermelon by Acidosis(m): 5:32pm On May 23, 2018
PrimadonnaO:

cheesy. I've known these for a while, though.
cheesy Good one

1 Like

Re: How To Select A Good Watermelon by hopebacy(m): 5:33pm On May 23, 2018
lovelylad:
OP you are blessed , i repeat, blessed you are ,for this post.
bless u too
Re: How To Select A Good Watermelon by lobell: 6:15pm On May 23, 2018
hopebacy:

Too many sexual inuendos in one post. Kai! OP, will you make heaven at all?

"...Big and long and watery..." "...round and shape and sweet..."

1 Like

Re: How To Select A Good Watermelon by hopebacy(m): 6:18pm On May 23, 2018
. cheesy
Lamore:
Sabi guy..you just cracked an agelong issue for me.

Gracias
Re: How To Select A Good Watermelon by nkechiasogwa(f): 6:24pm On May 23, 2018
Thanks a million for sharing this post. It's really an eye opener for me. I love taking water melon a lot.

1 Like

Re: How To Select A Good Watermelon by hopebacy(m): 6:31pm On May 23, 2018
lobell:

Too many sexual inuendos in one post. Kai! OP, will you make heaven at all?

"...Big and long and watery..." "...round and shape and sweet..."
hehe... ur mind is so dirty.. grin
Re: How To Select A Good Watermelon by Nobody: 6:33pm On May 23, 2018
Thank you
I would sometimes knock and hear the hollow sound and assume ripe but how wrong I was.

1 Like

Re: How To Select A Good Watermelon by mylove4God(f): 7:44pm On May 23, 2018
Thank you OP for this information

1 Like

Re: How To Select A Good Watermelon by piagetskinner(m): 11:16pm On May 23, 2018
nice one op..I have always been guessing..praying that the one I buy is ripe and at least a little sweet

you deserve some chocolates accolades
Re: How To Select A Good Watermelon by Gbengulo54: 1:18am On May 24, 2018
Nice one who Sabi sabi, who no sabi no sabi
Re: How To Select A Good Watermelon by akuto: 5:21am On May 24, 2018
Thanks a lot
Re: How To Select A Good Watermelon by Pylony(m): 11:30am On May 24, 2018
Na this part weak me finish > "The ’girls’ have a rounded shape and are very sweet." :-/ :-/
Re: How To Select A Good Watermelon by fdesigner: 2:37pm On May 24, 2018
Nice, thanks for shearing
Re: How To Select A Good Watermelon by Dessydemmy: 2:52pm On May 24, 2018
This is very educative, Thanks.
Re: How To Select A Good Watermelon by orjaha(m): 8:31pm On May 24, 2018
Noted
Re: How To Select A Good Watermelon by harmony75: 4:36am On Nov 24, 2020
thanks I have grab something � � �

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Instead Of Doing Yahoo, I Ventured Into Pap Making Business, At Age 19. / My N1,000 Breakfast And Lunch. / Foreigners Mistake Eba For A Bar Of Soap On Twitter (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.