Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,123 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

What Is The Most Irrelevant Feature In Cars? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Is The Most Irrelevant Feature In Cars? (11831 Views)

Mercedes Spies On Drivers By Installing "Big Brother" Tracking Devices In Cars / Mohammed Ali: His Cars And Iconic Photos Of Him In Cars (PHOTOS) / 9 Standard Features In Cars That Have Been Replaced By New Tech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Most Irrelevant Feature In Cars? by naijacarlovers: 3:35pm On May 23, 2018
The automobile industry since its emergence in 1886 has been at the forefront of cutting edge technological advancements.

Almost on a daily basis, there are new features or improvements to existing features being added to cars (of different types).

Some of the features are;

Android OS

Blue-tooth capabilities

Reverse camera

Parking Sensors

Satellite Navigation

Bumps Detection

19 Cupholders in one car (meanwhile the car can't seat 19 people).

Personally, one feature i do not like doing without is a sharp view reverse camera among others.

But the consumers seem not so in-tune with some of these features and capabilities.

At a press event unveiling a new vehicle in Lagos sometime ago, i challenged the sales manager why they don't import models with the same features as obtainable in some other countries and he told me that many of their clients do not fully utilize most of the features in the cars they buy from them so there was no need for them to keep selling such cars.

Do you think Nigerians fully utilize the features / capabilities in / of their cars?

Culled from https://naijacarlovers.com/index.php/2018/05/23/what-is-the-most-irrelevant-feature-in-cars/

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Irrelevant Feature In Cars? by nurey(m): 8:33pm On May 23, 2018
I am waiting for the backhand slap and uppercut feature to reset rough motorists and J-walkers tongue

16 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Irrelevant Feature In Cars? by mammanbawa: 9:18pm On May 23, 2018
For most Nigerians
Lane departure assist
Hill ascend and descend control
Traction control
Reverse cam in some cases
Media hard drive
Paddle shifters
Sat nav
TPMS
Active cruise control
Etc

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Most Irrelevant Feature In Cars? by naijacarlovers: 9:35pm On May 23, 2018
nurey:
I am waiting for the backhand slap and uppercut feature to reset rough motorists and J-walkers tongue

I'm with you

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Irrelevant Feature In Cars? by naijacarlovers: 9:36pm On May 23, 2018
mammanbawa:
For most Nigerians
Lane departure assist
Traction control
Media hard drive
Paddle shifters
Sat nav
TPMS
Active cruise control
Etc

Wicked somborri....you listed the whole features

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Irrelevant Feature In Cars? by mammanbawa: 4:48am On May 24, 2018
naijacarlovers:

Wicked somborri....you listed the whole features
Lol, my country people no send all these things as long as the car dey waka.

7 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Irrelevant Feature In Cars? by jeeqaa7(m): 7:32am On May 24, 2018
The seat
Re: What Is The Most Irrelevant Feature In Cars? by damilare442: 7:33am On May 24, 2018
Sex detection addons; to help detect if the girl you are carrying in your car is either an Olosho or is still within range...until they add that, I won't take any car maker serious...

Quote me wrongly and I will order swear on Jumia for you.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Most Irrelevant Feature In Cars? by twilliamx(m): 7:33am On May 24, 2018
H
Re: What Is The Most Irrelevant Feature In Cars? by Nwaohafia1: 7:34am On May 24, 2018
The 'Reality Check' when you travel abroad is not even the constant light they have there, but knowing that the HORN is the most useless part of the car.

24 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Irrelevant Feature In Cars? by SoftP(m): 7:34am On May 24, 2018
It's safer to slightly twist ur neck, lookback peacefully like an imbe***
The best way to reverse in 9ja. That reverse camera thing might land u collision with Nepa pole

20 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Irrelevant Feature In Cars? by justtruth88miSt(f): 7:35am On May 24, 2018
speed limit device... should installed in all Nigerian vehicles.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Irrelevant Feature In Cars? by TrollTrap: 7:35am On May 24, 2018
Indicators.... most people have no idea their car’s got one or they just don’t care
Re: What Is The Most Irrelevant Feature In Cars? by Nwaohafia1: 7:38am On May 24, 2018
In 2010 back in Kaduna, a friend of mine bought a clean EOD for mere 600k because the Hausa man that sold the car didn't understand how Navigation works. He didn't Install Nigerian map on it and he thought it was a fault in the car.

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Irrelevant Feature In Cars? by Nobody: 7:39am On May 24, 2018
Dashboards... it just dosent make sense to learners
Re: What Is The Most Irrelevant Feature In Cars? by Ijaya123: 7:40am On May 24, 2018
On the other hand for Nigerians, the most relevant feature in the car is the HORN.

7 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Irrelevant Feature In Cars? by Mikeross62: 7:41am On May 24, 2018
mammanbawa:
For most Nigerians
Lane departure assist
Traction control
Media hard drive
Paddle shifters
Sat nav
TPMS
Active cruise control
Etc

True
Re: What Is The Most Irrelevant Feature In Cars? by gidzbobby: 7:42am On May 24, 2018
Cars with features that will give options to deal with men in black who try to stop your vehicle just because you dress well and they think you are a yahoo boy.

Make d moto, dey behave like bumble-bee.... Detect any mumu transmission ofisa in black.
Re: What Is The Most Irrelevant Feature In Cars? by erico2k2(m): 7:55am On May 24, 2018
Ijaya123:
On the other hand for Nigerians, the most relevant feature in the car is the HORN.
ahaghahahahha
Re: What Is The Most Irrelevant Feature In Cars? by erico2k2(m): 7:57am On May 24, 2018
Nwaohafia1:
The 'Reality Check' when you travel abroad is not even the constant light they have there, but knowing that the HORN is the most useless part of the car.
ahah not everywhere though, go to Italy.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Irrelevant Feature In Cars? by mejai(m): 8:08am On May 24, 2018
dark smoking of rear lights

front DVD. why will I be driving and watching it. I will be worse than a suicide bomber

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Most Irrelevant Feature In Cars? by psychologist(m): 8:27am On May 24, 2018
Steering
Tyre
Side mirror
Brake

Thank me l8r
Bye
Re: What Is The Most Irrelevant Feature In Cars? by KangaIye: 8:44am On May 24, 2018
Ijaya123:

Because we are all mad in this country.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Irrelevant Feature In Cars? by tartar9(m): 9:34am On May 24, 2018
sun visor
Re: What Is The Most Irrelevant Feature In Cars? by spiritedtete: 9:42am On May 24, 2018
Cruise control... ( I don't know what is cruising oo)

Seat heater

Open roof

Covertable cars with fabric is shitty in Nigeria. (I shake my head at those who drive this lol)

And on the other hand...

I love reverse cam

Big head lamp

And open roof cars .

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Irrelevant Feature In Cars? by Nobody: 9:45am On May 24, 2018
mammanbawa:
For most Nigerians
Lane departure assist
Traction control
Media hard drive
Paddle shifters
Sat nav
TPMS
Active cruise control
Etc

Please educate me on the Active Cruise Control wink
Re: What Is The Most Irrelevant Feature In Cars? by AerialMapper: 10:05am On May 24, 2018
cigarette lighter
vanity lights
Re: What Is The Most Irrelevant Feature In Cars? by alphaconde(m): 10:09am On May 24, 2018
i think nothing is useless just that you havent seen a use for them.

once i needed to tow my car no rope in the lonely place, the Samaritan just lacerated my back middle seat belt, and used it as tow rope i was wowed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Most Irrelevant Feature In Cars? by Zane2point4(m): 10:25am On May 24, 2018
I think the trims abi spec in Toyota cars should be discarded.

this issues of scamming the customers with xle, Le and se should stop.

I don't really see anything fanciful with wood or formica finishing,leather seats, or other irrelevant accessories just to snuff out our hard earned money. its just too petty.

Let 2008 model toyota be the same across all spec, final.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Irrelevant Feature In Cars? by StarryV(f): 10:29am On May 24, 2018
justtruth88miSt:
speed limit device... should installed in all Nigerian vehicles.
Nigerian Vehicles?? What do you mean by that? Nigeria geh vehicle?
Re: What Is The Most Irrelevant Feature In Cars? by mammanbawa: 10:34am On May 24, 2018
Bluetooth2:

Please educate me on the Active Cruise Control wink

I got to know about it on the w221 Mercedes Benz s class
It uses the proximity sensors on the front and flows with the traffic without the driver using the brakes or throttle.
Re: What Is The Most Irrelevant Feature In Cars? by PAQ(m): 11:10am On May 24, 2018
Ijaya123:

My No. 1 feature. because of Okada and some deaf pedestrians, i no dey take am play at all. I am so used to it, even on empty roads i dey press am to clear those roaming spirits. grin

7 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 Main Causes Of Car Engine Vibration / What Makes You Buy Your First Car(s)? / Kobe Steel Scandal Deepens Over Quality Of Metal Used In Cars,Aeroplanes & Train

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.