Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,590 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

FG Hasn’t Awarded 2nd Niger Bridge Contract —Reps C’ttee - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Hasn’t Awarded 2nd Niger Bridge Contract —Reps C’ttee (18258 Views)

Ugwuanyi Appoints Jay Jay Okocha, Ex-nbc Boss, Others As Reform C’ttee Members / Second Niger Bridge Contract Just Signed July 2018 / FG Hasn’t Awarded 2nd Niger Bridge Contract —reps C’tte (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Hasn’t Awarded 2nd Niger Bridge Contract —Reps C’ttee by ProfDumbledor(m): 6:39am On May 24, 2018
By Emman Ovuakporie

ABUJA —THE House of Representatives Committee on Works, yesterday, declared that the Buhari adminstration hasn’t awarded the contract for the second Niger Bridge, accusing the Bureau for Public Procurement, BPP, of deliberately frustrating the award of the contract by the Federal Government.

The committee stated that while the works ministry had concluded early procurement processes for the award of the contract, the Federal Government had not awarded the contract because of the delay in approving the due process by BPP.

The committee said the construction work being done by Julius Berger was the early earth work which is in four stages and not the building of the bridge as the public was being made to believe.

Chairman of the House committee, Rep. Toby Okechukwu, made this disclosure in an interview with journalists yesterday.

Okechukwu explained that while the ministry of power, works and housing had concluded work on the contract details and forwarded same to the BPP for approval, the lawmaker however, regretted that the inability of the BPP to approve the contract is holding back the Buhari administration from awarding the contract for the bridge.

He stated that the delay by the procurement agency in concluding the due process that will lead to the eventual contract award by the government “may force the construction giant to demobilize from site in June, until the contract is approved and awarded to it legally.”
Already, Okechukwu revealed that Julius Berger was scheduled to complete early earth work on the bridge by June, warning that unless the BPP approves the contract for procurement, the construction firm may leave site and remobilising to site might cost an estimated N10 billion.

“The government hasn’t awarded the contract for the second Niger bridge. And Julius Berger is due to stop work by June and if they demobilize and mobilize again, it’s going to be very expensive.

“I’m aware that the ministry has concluded their negotiations with Julius Berger and submitted it to due process. Due process are the ones holding the process down.

“Julius Berger is working. They’re piecemeal early earth works one, two, three and four. Early earth works four will end in June. If it ends, you’ll go through procurement again.

“So, why are you not procuring the entire contract? And there is no framework for expenditure of money put in the budget if you don’t have a contract. The money put in the budget will be a waste if you don’t award the contract.

“And why should you award four different contracts going through processes for the past three to four years. So, there must be an end to every litigation.

“If this contract is not awarded prior to the end of June, it will be colossal in terms of the economic and financial consequences in the contract execution.

“If Julius Berger demobilizes and has to mobilize again, it will cost not less than N10 billion. And more importantly, you’ll not be able to take advantage of the seasonal weather issues,” he said.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/05/fg-hasnt-awarded-2nd-niger-bridge-contract-reps-cttee/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Hasn’t Awarded 2nd Niger Bridge Contract —Reps C’ttee by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:41am On May 24, 2018
The committee said the construction work being done by Julius Berger was the early earth work which is in four stages and not the building of the bridge as the public was being made to believe.

grin grin grin grin Wakanda Gowment iz diz fa?

Dedicating FTC to Senator Samuel Anyanwu for Governor Imo 2019

102 Likes 6 Shares

Re: FG Hasn’t Awarded 2nd Niger Bridge Contract —Reps C’ttee by abokibuhari: 6:42am On May 24, 2018
grin
Re: FG Hasn’t Awarded 2nd Niger Bridge Contract —Reps C’ttee by coolzeal(m): 6:45am On May 24, 2018
Behold! the 2nd Niger bridge has become a trip to the stars which I consider fatal..

However, do we have any reason not to see Nigeria as a failed state? The central government is so weak or ineffective to bring us out from this economic sabotage. The earlier we tell ourselves the truth the better for us all. I weep for Naija..

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG Hasn’t Awarded 2nd Niger Bridge Contract —Reps C’ttee by RZArecta2(m): 6:58am On May 24, 2018
APC zombies will have something to say about this though me I know it all boils down to the deep seated hatred they naturally have for igbos

64 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FG Hasn’t Awarded 2nd Niger Bridge Contract —Reps C’ttee by DWJOBScom(m): 6:59am On May 24, 2018
Alright southeast here comes your big bridge that you can’t see cos you don’t have a say on PMB’s radar.

It's a horror show and APC has decided to divide this country but we will vote them all out before the succeed

10 Likes

Re: FG Hasn’t Awarded 2nd Niger Bridge Contract —Reps C’ttee by luvinhubby(m): 7:00am On May 24, 2018
The more you look government

17 Likes

Re: FG Hasn’t Awarded 2nd Niger Bridge Contract —Reps C’ttee by BankeSmalls(f): 7:04am On May 24, 2018
Who is the the man in charge of the BPP?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Hasn’t Awarded 2nd Niger Bridge Contract —Reps C’ttee by Okoroawusa: 7:05am On May 24, 2018
i stopped reading when I saw Okechukwu as the chairman

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Hasn’t Awarded 2nd Niger Bridge Contract —Reps C’ttee by BankeSmalls(f): 7:05am On May 24, 2018
Kudos to Toby Okechukwu

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Hasn’t Awarded 2nd Niger Bridge Contract —Reps C’ttee by Paperwhite(m): 7:05am On May 24, 2018
"The committee said the construction work being done by Julius Berger was the early earth work which is in four stages and not the building of the bridge as the public was being made to believe..."

Yet APC government propaganda on this bridge will make one think that the bridge is being built by their own money & already on ground.Government of lies,deceit & propaganda. angry angry

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Hasn’t Awarded 2nd Niger Bridge Contract —Reps C’ttee by Omeokachie: 7:06am On May 24, 2018
Hahahahaha

And Magu said he is looking for fraudsters!

88 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FG Hasn’t Awarded 2nd Niger Bridge Contract —Reps C’ttee by BankeSmalls(f): 7:06am On May 24, 2018
Okoroawusa:
i stopped reading when I saw Okechukwu as the chairman

Because you hate Igbos?

80 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Hasn’t Awarded 2nd Niger Bridge Contract —Reps C’ttee by BankeSmalls(f): 7:07am On May 24, 2018
Omeokachie:
Hahahahaha

And Magu said he is looking for fraudsters!

Only Igbo and PDP fraudsters, others are free to reign.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Hasn’t Awarded 2nd Niger Bridge Contract —Reps C’ttee by BankeSmalls(f): 7:08am On May 24, 2018
abokibuhari:
NgeneUkwenu go use the INVISIBLE FEMALE RESTROOM. cheesy man way get punny...

Mynd44 before she call am

Even Sarrki was seen jumping the back fence to escape this topic.

28 Likes

Re: FG Hasn’t Awarded 2nd Niger Bridge Contract —Reps C’ttee by abokibuhari: 7:09am On May 24, 2018
BankeSmalls:

Even Sarrki was seen jumping the back fence to escape this topic.
Bursting their lies, nothing to campaign with grin

24 Likes

Re: FG Hasn’t Awarded 2nd Niger Bridge Contract —Reps C’ttee by omowolewa: 7:11am On May 24, 2018
Waiting for government to counter this.

Surely, at then end of this administration, 2019 or 2023, they will give long list of reasons why it's not completed.

The truth is that, it has been technically awarded, vote APC to activate the 2nd part

4 Likes

Re: FG Hasn’t Awarded 2nd Niger Bridge Contract —Reps C’ttee by ProfDumbledor(m): 7:13am On May 24, 2018
BankeSmalls:
Who is the the man in charge of the BPP?
On 6th October 2016, the new Director-General of the Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP), Mr. Mamman Ahmadu, FNIQS, formally received the hand-over note from the Acting Director-General, Engr. Ahmed Abdu, FNSE, at the BPP headquarters in Abuja.
So look no further, it's a Fulani man.

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Hasn’t Awarded 2nd Niger Bridge Contract —Reps C’ttee by ProfDumbledor(m): 7:14am On May 24, 2018
Mod pls move to front page.

2 Likes

Re: FG Hasn’t Awarded 2nd Niger Bridge Contract —Reps C’ttee by weyreypey: 7:16am On May 24, 2018
grin let me call the usual suspects

Madridguy lzaa immhotep pointzerom iceberg3 shalomc firefire salamrushdie

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Hasn’t Awarded 2nd Niger Bridge Contract —Reps C’ttee by BankeSmalls(f): 7:16am On May 24, 2018
ProfDumbledor:

On 6th October 2016, the new Director-General of the Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP), Mr. Mamman Ahmadu, FNIQS, formally received the hand-over note from the Acting Director-General, Engr. Ahmed Abdu, FNSE, at the BPP headquarters in Abuja.
So look no further, it's a Fulani man.

I knew it. Why should the east feel as if they belong to this goddamn contraption, when every efforts are being made to underdevelop the region?

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Hasn’t Awarded 2nd Niger Bridge Contract —Reps C’ttee by storge: 7:18am On May 24, 2018
grin

Even in developed nations, bureaucracy delays such landmark. Now imagine a project not dear to the president and can always be used to swing regional votes.

Vision2028

2 Likes

Re: FG Hasn’t Awarded 2nd Niger Bridge Contract —Reps C’ttee by madridguy(m): 7:20am On May 24, 2018
Guy stop mentioning me.

weyreypey:
grin let me call the usual suspects

Madridguy lzaa immhotep pointzerom iceberg3 shalomc firefire salamrushdie

1 Like

Re: FG Hasn’t Awarded 2nd Niger Bridge Contract —Reps C’ttee by weyreypey: 7:21am On May 24, 2018
madridguy:
Guy stop mentioning me.

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG Hasn’t Awarded 2nd Niger Bridge Contract —Reps C’ttee by BankeSmalls(f): 7:21am On May 24, 2018
madridguy:
Guy stop mentioning me.

You are part of the people supporting misrule. APC has lost the nezt election.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Hasn’t Awarded 2nd Niger Bridge Contract —Reps C’ttee by Bethel4Life(f): 7:21am On May 24, 2018
RZArecta2:
APC zombies will have something to say about this though me I know it all boils down to the deep seated hatred they naturally have for igbos
they are on their way

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Hasn’t Awarded 2nd Niger Bridge Contract —Reps C’ttee by madridguy(m): 7:23am On May 24, 2018
After the election you will change or de activate your handle. We sabi your type. Online chest beater without PVC

BankeSmalls:

You are part of the people supporting misrule. APC has lost the nezt election.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Hasn’t Awarded 2nd Niger Bridge Contract —Reps C’ttee by BankeSmalls(f): 7:25am On May 24, 2018
madridguy:
After the election you will change or de activate your handle. We sabi your type. Online chest beater without PVC

Are you saying you have already rigged the election?

29 Likes

Re: FG Hasn’t Awarded 2nd Niger Bridge Contract —Reps C’ttee by Okoroawusa: 7:27am On May 24, 2018
BankeSmalls:

Because you hate Igbos?
Do you hate igbos too?

1 Like

Re: FG Hasn’t Awarded 2nd Niger Bridge Contract —Reps C’ttee by Okoroawusa: 7:27am On May 24, 2018
BankeSmalls:

Because you hate Igbos?
Do you hate igbos too?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Ojukwu Told Me Before, During And After The War —sam Aluko / Anambra Records $5m Vegetable Exports To Europe- The Vanguard / FFK: #AntiSocialMediaBill, Buhari Wants Us To Be Cowards Like Osinbajo, Adesina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.