Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,934 members, 7,824,935 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:16 PM

Things A Newbie Should Know About Travelling Abroad - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Things A Newbie Should Know About Travelling Abroad (2613 Views)

DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad / Costly Mistakes To Avoid When Travelling Abroad / Things A Newbie Should Know About Travelling Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Things A Newbie Should Know About Travelling Abroad by Revolva(m): 8:48am On May 24, 2018
Even though you might have substantial experience in international travel, at a time, you were a newbie. Perhaps, you haven’t had any scuffle with a customs agent in your many years of traveling. Or, you have friends looking forward to their first international trip. i shares some important things to know before your first journey beyond the domestic terminals.

Learn the basics

You don’t need to be fluent in the local language of your destination, but endeavour to become familiar with this 4 essential information: the currency exchange rate; how to count to 10; how to say “yes” and “no”; and how to say “thank you”.

Do not be over-adventurous

Upon arrival in a new country, you are vulnerable to all sorts of errors and bad choices. Hence, you have to be very careful with the places you visit. Better to relax and do a bit of research when you arrive at your hotel before exploring things and places.

The visa process may be complicated

The visa application process may be more complicated and time-consuming than you’d expect, but think of it this way: as complicated as getting a passport in your own country can be, take that imposingly bureaucratic process and add in another country with a completely different set of laws, with limited staff working from a single embassy office. Given these circumstances, it’s a wonder that it isn’t harder to get a visa.

Plan accordingly

You may think your own home airport is a pretty busy place, but the world’s biggest international hubs — including Dubai International, London Heathrow, Hong Kong International and others take it to another level, with so many terminals, customs checkpoints, re-check-in and more. So, you get prepared and plan how you are going to navigate these airports depending on the country you are visiting.

Pack light

This will be the hardest thing about travel. There are a few harder urges to overcome than overpacking. Try as much as possible to resist the temptation of overpacking. Also, do not forget to pack your things in a well-secured luggage.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things A Newbie Should Know About Travelling Abroad by Nwaohafia1: 9:02am On May 24, 2018
Okay we don hear.

For I, me, and myself....i must make it in Nigeria. I'm not going anywhere for now.

2 Likes

Re: Things A Newbie Should Know About Travelling Abroad by BruncleZuma: 9:02am On May 24, 2018
grin grin grin grin

Caveat Emptor

If you've been going to an ECOWAS neighbour and forming abroad please note that it doesn't count in this regards...

2 Likes

Re: Things A Newbie Should Know About Travelling Abroad by Oritzy: 9:02am On May 24, 2018
cheesy
Re: Things A Newbie Should Know About Travelling Abroad by soberdrunk(m): 9:02am On May 24, 2018
angry

1 Like

Re: Things A Newbie Should Know About Travelling Abroad by koolaid87: 9:02am On May 24, 2018
;Dby
Re: Things A Newbie Should Know About Travelling Abroad by Nobody: 9:02am On May 24, 2018
Say that to buhari
Re: Things A Newbie Should Know About Travelling Abroad by SolutionMee: 9:02am On May 24, 2018
cry

That's for people that want to travel

Here in America people don't use to travel
Re: Things A Newbie Should Know About Travelling Abroad by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:03am On May 24, 2018
Good steps to follow......
Re: Things A Newbie Should Know About Travelling Abroad by MrHighSea: 9:03am On May 24, 2018
No drugs.
More than 1 sec stares at the pretties maybe inappropriate.

Rep ur country in good light
Re: Things A Newbie Should Know About Travelling Abroad by NwaAmaikpe: 9:03am On May 24, 2018
shocked

Isn't this a repeat transmission?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things A Newbie Should Know About Travelling Abroad by Slima1: 9:03am On May 24, 2018
As first to comment, I don’t have any business with dis
Re: Things A Newbie Should Know About Travelling Abroad by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:04am On May 24, 2018
Slima1:
As first to comment, I don’t have any business with dis
Lol@number 11th comment ?!
Re: Things A Newbie Should Know About Travelling Abroad by Brunel(m): 9:05am On May 24, 2018
Re: Things A Newbie Should Know About Travelling Abroad by Boldwinner(m): 9:05am On May 24, 2018
Thank you. This is timely and enlightening.
Re: Things A Newbie Should Know About Travelling Abroad by strangest(m): 9:05am On May 24, 2018
I need visa to usa, canada, america...
Re: Things A Newbie Should Know About Travelling Abroad by marooh: 9:07am On May 24, 2018
grin
Sit at home!
Re: Things A Newbie Should Know About Travelling Abroad by chukzyfcbb: 9:07am On May 24, 2018
get me the visa first
Re: Things A Newbie Should Know About Travelling Abroad by alextobi1247: 9:08am On May 24, 2018
nice one.
Re: Things A Newbie Should Know About Travelling Abroad by koolaid87: 9:09am On May 24, 2018
First and foremost

Watch out for those hungry immigration officers.

They always looking for newbie to pound on.
Re: Things A Newbie Should Know About Travelling Abroad by lalasticlala(m): 9:10am On May 24, 2018

(1)

My Visit To Maiduguri Brono State. / Check Out Ibomair New Airbuses Interior, So Appealing To The Eyes .. Photos / Travelling Made Easy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.