Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,779 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

Court Sends Ize-Iyamu, Orbih To Prison - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Sends Ize-Iyamu, Orbih To Prison (44372 Views)

Edo: Remove the Deputy-Gov - Dan Orbih-faction list conditions to support PDP / Court Ajourns 700M Fraud Case Involving Ize-iyamu, Aziegbemi, Orbih To Oct 15 / Court Sends Otunba Runsewe To Prison For Contempt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Sends Ize-Iyamu, Orbih To Prison by Enice(m): 6:27pm On May 24, 2018
comos:
they are just making PDP more popular in Edo state
you guys accuse Buhari of ruining the economy and you expect him to let alone those that stole us blind? No no, Dem go vomit the money back.
Re: Court Sends Ize-Iyamu, Orbih To Prison by Enice(m): 6:28pm On May 24, 2018
SpecialAdviser:
I love it when they jail a politician but one question I keep asking is;

WHEN WILL EFCC JAIL APC MEMBERS?

This mode of fighting opposition in the name of fighting corruption will spell doom for the nation.

Buhari is a scam
APC members like? Name them.
Re: Court Sends Ize-Iyamu, Orbih To Prison by Enice(m): 6:32pm On May 24, 2018
ibrahimmusa693:
Na wa for wire road. E.F.C.C, the main agents used to silence opposition. Remember that there is GOD...
#BackToDaura 2019 undecided shocked ;
which opposition did they take the money or not
Re: Court Sends Ize-Iyamu, Orbih To Prison by abokikhalifa: 6:35pm On May 24, 2018
PapaBaby:
Locking up of opposition won't save Buhari.

Was it Buhari that gave the judgement?
Re: Court Sends Ize-Iyamu, Orbih To Prison by KaptainAfrika: 6:38pm On May 24, 2018
With this logic we might as well suspend the criminal justice system, considering the fact that A LOT OF PEOPLE HAVE ESCAPED JUSTICE.

Omeokachie:
The frenzy is on.

Exercise in futility.

Until the likes of Babachir are arraigned for looting the treasury, all this charade of a fight against corruption political enemies will continue to fail.
Re: Court Sends Ize-Iyamu, Orbih To Prison by tiger28: 6:41pm On May 24, 2018
Omeokachie:
The frenzy is on.

Exercise in futility.

Until the likes of Babachir are arraigned for looting the treasury, all this charade of a fight against corruption political enemies will continue to fail.
THEN let the next administration probe this administration.... SIMPLE! meanwhile lets keep jailing the ones we can catch TODAY! two wrongs CANNOT make a right.
Re: Court Sends Ize-Iyamu, Orbih To Prison by truthstands12: 6:46pm On May 24, 2018
KenOne:
Show me any PDP member that is not involved in Dasuki and Diezani gate corruption, i will show you a mother of three that is a virgin. In Rivers their governor Wike, PDP chairman Secondus ,aide and secretary to state government all involved. The remaining 35 states of the federation same thing. I hail PDP.

And tell me how many PDP persons that are in APC now. 90% of APC members are from PDP. Who is deceiving who. This president is a total scam. Fighting corruption my foot..only fighting opposition. Back to Daura. Thank God I have my PVC. Get your PVC.
Re: Court Sends Ize-Iyamu, Orbih To Prison by EASY39(m): 6:49pm On May 24, 2018
It's Unfair O
Re: Court Sends Ize-Iyamu, Orbih To Prison by godox2(m): 6:56pm On May 24, 2018
Crocky23:
How many opposition members can Buhari lock up?

As many as he can, jail the looters, next govt should continue from where he stops, until the system is sanitized. Kudos Baba, carry GO 2023
Re: Court Sends Ize-Iyamu, Orbih To Prison by Chuksgeo: 6:56pm On May 24, 2018
Omeokachie:
The frenzy is on.

Exercise in futility.

Babachir never looted any treasury, every thing in this country is a false, believe whatever you wish to believe
Re: Court Sends Ize-Iyamu, Orbih To Prison by nasoeb: 7:00pm On May 24, 2018
ordinarily no one would like to support election marred with strong resistance and bloodshed but rather a fair playing ground for everybody. But the reality here is that APC dont even allow fair ground amongst their membera talkless of allowing other party members to participate fairly. I have no choice but love the way Wike and few Southern Governors fight it dirty with them cause thats just the only language they understand.
Remember during edo election when edo period were praising their state on how peaceful and ordely the election was and throwung shades at Ruvers State. Oya na, who dey suffer am now?
Re: Court Sends Ize-Iyamu, Orbih To Prison by meme98: 7:09pm On May 24, 2018
SpecialAdviser:

This mode of fighting opposition in the name of fighting corruption will spell doom for the nation.

Buhari is a scam

Oga.... check d names well. There is one Lucky Imasuen there. He is an APC man. He defected from PDP b4 d last governorship election.

Probably u r not in Edo state.
Re: Court Sends Ize-Iyamu, Orbih To Prison by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:20pm On May 24, 2018
ogunsj:
in edo state or at the federal level? my friend grow up.
What is APC afraid of

If they are not going down, why are they jailing oppositions

Take your own advice dear

1 Like

Re: Court Sends Ize-Iyamu, Orbih To Prison by StaffofOrayan(m): 7:45pm On May 24, 2018
Make e arrange hin followers make dem go pray muslim prayer for court like Sherakau
Re: Court Sends Ize-Iyamu, Orbih To Prison by Nobody: 7:49pm On May 24, 2018
KenOne:
Show me any PDP member that is not involved in Dasuki and Diezani gate corruption, i will show you a mother of three that is a virgin. In Rivers their governor Wike, PDP chairman Secondus ,aide and secretary to state government all involved. The remaining 35 states of the federation same thing. I hail PDP.

Show me any APC member that isn't corrupt

Close your mouth if you have nothing intelligent to say

Everyone knows this is partisan politics and buhari is trying hard to silence the opposition which never plays out well anywhere in the world

Learn from history kid
Re: Court Sends Ize-Iyamu, Orbih To Prison by omooje1(m): 8:12pm On May 24, 2018
When will it be oshomole's turn to be arrested by efcc, coz there is still no water storm project, money stolen thru Edo state ict agency etc. Efcc exercise in futility, working out the script.
Re: Court Sends Ize-Iyamu, Orbih To Prison by Ken4Christ: 8:27pm On May 24, 2018
PapaBaby:
Locking up of opposition won't save Buhari.

He himself might end up being locked up after he leaves office. You will reap what you sow.

1 Like

Re: Court Sends Ize-Iyamu, Orbih To Prison by badesco(m): 8:58pm On May 24, 2018
APC gradually loosing and destroying its reputation daily....
Re: Court Sends Ize-Iyamu, Orbih To Prison by Tonytonex(m): 9:17pm On May 24, 2018
APC Must Go. #BackToDaura
Re: Court Sends Ize-Iyamu, Orbih To Prison by Andy2274: 10:33pm On May 24, 2018
Enice:
which opposition did they take the money or not
. What did you know about these people that are been arrested that you will not allow us see road on NL? Let them go and arrest Lucky Igbinedion before all these people. #700m for what? Obaseki want to count himself among people fighting corruption abi? Jobless EFCC
Re: Court Sends Ize-Iyamu, Orbih To Prison by Andy2274: 10:37pm On May 24, 2018
Enice:
APC members like? Name them.
. Saraki, Rotimi Amaechi, Audu Ogbe, Maina and co. If you did not know the party the above mentioned people ruled under for 16 yrs before crossing to APC, then keep quiet.
Re: Court Sends Ize-Iyamu, Orbih To Prison by oshomoshi: 12:05am On May 25, 2018
Let's see how it goes
Re: Court Sends Ize-Iyamu, Orbih To Prison by overlord77: 4:40am On May 25, 2018
KenOne:

What about Rotimi Amaechi?
Re: Court Sends Ize-Iyamu, Orbih To Prison by Antoeni(m): 6:38am On May 25, 2018
lovely ,this the beginning of better things to come
Re: Court Sends Ize-Iyamu, Orbih To Prison by darelar(m): 6:55am On May 25, 2018
SpecialAdviser:

Buhari is a scam

My brother every party use their power which ever way they felt it's OK by them. If you remember, pdp use their power to lock National Assembly and withdrew speaker security men, we all see how they're scaling fence.

We also see it in Adamawa when 2billions Naira was used to remove the governor through house of Assembly members.

We saw how 15 is greater than 19. Can't remember the actual figure.

We saw how Mary Ogan was used against the opposition in Lagos and how comissioner Mbu and minister for Education now governor was used against sitting governor in River State to prevent him from entering government house.

How soldiers was used to beat up news paper vendors in ondo and seized all their publication for the day.

Just too numerous to mention.

But my major concern is that if the opposition is found guilty, let them rot in jail. Maybe that will deter most of the politicians from misbehaving with public funds while in office as they can't guarantee what became of them once they leave power. Let's start from somewhere and make some a scapegoat. With time, it will get to those that were also corrupt but enjoying the immunity of government in power.

Nigeria's let's stop supporting corrupt politicians as they're killing our future. What we benefit from them is less than 1% of what we supposed to benefit from them.
Re: Court Sends Ize-Iyamu, Orbih To Prison by darelar(m): 6:58am On May 25, 2018
every party use their power which ever way they felt it's OK by them. If you remember, pdp use their power to lock National Assembly and withdrew speaker security men, we all see how they're scaling fence.

We also see it in Adamawa when 2billions Naira was used to remove the governor through house of Assembly members.

We saw how 15 is greater than 19. Can't remember the actual figure.

We saw how Mary Ogan was used against the opposition in Lagos and how comissioner Mbu and minister for Education now governor was used against sitting governor in River State to prevent him from entering government house.

How soldiers was used to beat up news paper vendors in ondo and seized all their publication for the day.

Just too numerous to mention.

But my major concern is that if the opposition is found guilty, let them rot in jail. Maybe that will deter most of the politicians from misbehaving with public funds while in office as they can't guarantee what became of them once they leave power. Let's start from somewhere and make some a scapegoat. With time, it will get to those that were also corrupt but enjoying the immunity of government in power.

Nigeria's let's stop supporting corrupt politicians as they're killing our future. What we benefit from them is less than 1% of what we supposed to benefit from them.
Re: Court Sends Ize-Iyamu, Orbih To Prison by Investordaves: 8:01am On May 25, 2018
THE CASE FOR ATIKU ABUBAKAR

IN QUOTE HE SAID” ATIKU ABUBAKAR is a good ,detribalized and intelligent Nigerian ,a conservative, broad-minded and liberal fellow ,and has consistently bought into the biting issue that has to do with the country been restructured frankly that is really what Nigeria needs now. More resources should come to this side, maritally detribalized ,he has a Yoruba wife.
Nigeria at this stage of our democracy needs someone who is has succeeded in one thing, like Netanyanhu in Isreal and Donald Trump in US , we all know that Atiku has built a successful conglomerate.
On other candidates, Sule Lamido has not gotten the charisma and national appeal, Kwankwanso is a foundamentalist and has base in Kano alone,his behavior and statement few years ago when there was an issue between Muslims and natives in Ibadan is worrisome and he may be worse than Buhari,Elrufai is a fundamentalist that has not been able to control the indiscriminate killing of Christian in Kaduna, for Buhari ,he has lost the country and has failed woefully on all side.
ARCHITECT OPUTE OJIEH- AN NDOKWA MAN BASE IN ASABA
ATIKULATED AGENDA 2019, DELTA CHAPTER…..MEDIA
Re: Court Sends Ize-Iyamu, Orbih To Prison by smirn(m): 8:05am On May 25, 2018
Omeokachie:
The frenzy is on.

Exercise in futility.

It is already working and giving good results. They shared the 700m before Babachir was accused of corruption charges. So let them first face their punishment before it gets to Babachir Simple.
Re: Court Sends Ize-Iyamu, Orbih To Prison by vineyardfarms: 8:16am On May 25, 2018
SeunOluwafemi:
A Federal High Court sitting in Benin has remanded former PDP governorship candidate in Edo state, Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu, Chief Dan Orbih, aformer Deputy Governor, Mr, Lucky Imasuen, a former member of the House of Representatives, Tony Azegbemi and Efe Anthony in prison.

They are to remain in custody pending when they meet their applications for bail.

Ize-Iyamu and others were arraigned on Thursday by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, on eight count charges of laundering the sum of N700 million.

Justice P.I Adjokwu ordered that they be remanded in prison after rejecting a plea by counsel to Ize-Iyamu, Charles Edosomwan that they be kept in the custody of the EFCC.

http://dailypost.ng/2018/05/24/breaking-court-sends-ize-iyamu-orbih-others-prison/
GOVT. OUT OF IDEAS HUNTING FOR HEAD. THE MAN BEHIND MILLIONS OF NAIRA ON GRASS CONTRACT @ IDP CAMP ROOMING FREELY WITH HIS LOOTS. MTN SHORT CUT. . . . EFCC WITCH - HUNTING

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar Celebrates His 73rd Birthday Today / EFCC Arraigns Metuh In Handcuffs For Destruction Of Evidence / How Afghanistan Fell After Obasanjo Attended Peace Meeting In Kabul

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.