Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,197 members, 7,829,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

Ekiti Guber Race: What’s The Voice Of The Streets Saying? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti Guber Race: What’s The Voice Of The Streets Saying? (2430 Views)

Ekiti Guber: PDP Candidate, Kolawole Congratulates Oyebanji / The 2023 Presidential Race - What The SOUTH Should Do. / BREAKING: APC Disqualifies Shittu From Guber Race Over NYSC Scandal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti Guber Race: What’s The Voice Of The Streets Saying? by micronut(m): 3:00pm On May 24, 2018
Who do you think will win this Election, a friend asked. Prof Eleka or Dr. Fayemi?

See my opinion here.

Firstly, the election would be a tug of war, going by the already frenzy political atmosphere as at this morning, with a video going viral that showed how Dr. Kayode fayemi’s billboard was being openly destroyed.

See the video from suspected thugs from the link below.

To me, that’s so uncool. Which ever sides was responsible for that should tread with caution. Politics shouldn’t be a do or die affair.

Now to the issue, I wouldn’t want to go extensively on why Prof. Eleka wouldn’t be a bad choice, even though the fayose appendage is being largely painted as why he would be a puppet, which I wouldn’t agree totally with, but I will like to lightly put some things straight here.

By default, we all have our strengths and weaknesses and one of the big winning strengths of this man is an already working political structure that he will be inheriting from Oga fayose.

See Gov fayose’s clip of 3yrs achievement in office here in the link below.

Also his background as an academician will also put to rest, the perceived school of thought, of fayose’s love for anything informal. Being a university lecturer for 24yrs with administrative experience and a Deputy Gov for close to 4yrs, also mean much.

I believe he can deliver, I believe he will do something too and I believe he wouldn’t be a puppet as largely being flogged or insinuated.

I had same wrong notion about Gov Ambode, years back. I said he will be a puppet, I said he will disappoint Lagosians, I supported Jimi instead, but today Ambode has been doing excellently well, safe for few not too cool excesses.

Again, as a person, I also believe you don’t know the true test and ability of a man, until you give him power or a chance.

Who would ever think Prof. Osinbajo can be a possible good presidential candidate if supported, but today he is one of the two people that I still love in Buhari’s government, and the second is BRF.

Now on Dr Fayemi, I have this view of him…

You see, alot have been said about how the minister came all of a sudden to show interest in the governorship race and possible party betrayals, but one big problem with fayemi in Ekitis is that the people already know him, they know what best he can offer, the can predict his style of governance, and many are not moved by his candidacy.

Simply put, It is an issue of political see finish and an unimpressive past records..

A new person would have played a form of psychological confusion on Ekitis mind.

An Oni (Engr. Segun Oni or A completely new comer) would have been a better gamer or a sealer, with even me joining the squad, because I don’t do party, I do people.

If in Osun where I come from, If I see a better candidate from APC today, I’m giving him my vote, irrespective of many undoings of my Gov. Aregbesola, “baba Raufu oko Sheri”.

In short I think Fayemi lacks Ekitis street credibility and this is the plain fact.

If you want to know who the Ekiti wants, please let’s visit all notable towns in the state particularly, these ones; Ado-Ekiti, Ikere-Ekiti, Ikole-Ekiti, Ijero, Efon-Alaiye, Okemesi, Ifaki, Ilawe, Aramoko, Ise-emure, Iyin, Igede, Isan, Are – Afao, Oye, Omuo, Aiyede, Ipoti, Erinmope, Aiyetoro, Iworoko, Igogo, Awo, Itapa, Otun, Usi, Ido, Iyin, Igede, Ilawe, Ode, Ilupeju, Ikoro, Ikun, Iye, Ijesa-Isu, Ayedun, Aisegba, Osin, and Igbara-odo.

These are major places I know.

Let’s Interview no less than 50 people from different class of the societies in public places and see their preferred candidate and why.

I wouldn’t join them to be judging from Online polls, because guber elections in Nigeria aren’t E-elections, rather they take place on the streets.

Lets visit few Secondary schools, Let’s interview the teachers, and same for those at primary schools.

A trip to Local government staffs too will be fine, and meeting hospital workers will be cool as well. – This would form a review of the minds of the state civil servant. Do they think Eleka from fayose government isn’t bad or Fayemi is the best choice.

Again, the market women in their shops should be questioned or better put, opinion sampled, let’s see who they love to have as their next governor between the two.

Transporters like Okada men, drivers and other public road users should be asked questions. Data from These people will really educate us on how many of them truly have a voting card, how many are nonchalant about the upcoming election and what they think of the election and the two big political candidates.

The Artisans like carpenters, mechanics, bricklayers, plumbers, and other popular informal skilled labourers, that are common in most towns should be consulted too, to also hear their views.

Students in tertiary institutions should be engaged too, from Ekiti State University, students, to Federal University Oye Ekiti students, to Fed Poly folks, to the College of Education students at Ikere, to school of Health Tech in Ijero. All these folks are aptly political deciders and influencers too, bunch of them form the noisy social media constituency. Let’s see their electoral power too, beyond making mouths online/Social media.

Honestly, If I have the money, I would have loved to embark on a political fact findings like this, to know what is really the mind of the Ekitis, beyond the rhetorics that is being peddled around online.

I would also be doing live videos daily in 30days, to cover all the mentioned towns, except where the interviewed persons do not want to be filmed for security reasons.

My inquiries would put to test, and act as a mini opinion sampling, that can even be in form of questionnaires which will be answered by my research teams for the various respondents.

This would form the final conclusion for me, and put to rest, the belief, that Elections are usually rigged, even by people who have never voted nor visited the people (voters) to know what informs the voting pattern.

I hope to do this one day, starting from my state, Osun, When I have the financial wherewithal, and one that will be largely accepted by the masses and interested political aspirants to help them see beyond the “political rankadede” – of you are the one the people want by deceitful followers and supporters looking for what to eat, even when many would not win a single ward in the real exercise.

I hope this can be replicated across major states too..

But for now, let the people decide.

Eleka or Fayemi, the voice of the street count more.

Happily, election takes place on the streets majorly. What informs the opinion of the streets is what then we should pay careful attention too.

For political watchers, Ekitis July 14th, is worth waiting for, as it would be another major unforgettable historical event in the annals of the Nigerian political history.

This is what I think. God bless Ekiti. Ekiti o ni baje o ooo....Inn o kun oo

For a look at Gov. Fayose's video of 3yrs achievement in office visit this link

http://naijalocals.com.ng/2018/05/24/ekiki-whats-the-voice-of-the-streets-saying/

Cc: Seun, OAM4J and Mynd44

Re: Ekiti Guber Race: What’s The Voice Of The Streets Saying? by BERNIMOORE: 3:49pm On May 24, 2018
good observation, if APC win Ekiti, civil servants will be sacked with impunity like in kaduna and kogi, The APC Governors are Not friemdly to Government workers at all, Except Lagos. they are Cultists.its better to owe than to sack, our own kogi governor says he doesnt wants to hear that he is owing anybody despote owimg 22months. that he will deal with anybody challenging him on salary. ekiti be wise o.

9 Likes

Re: Ekiti Guber Race: What’s The Voice Of The Streets Saying? by micronut(m): 4:13pm On May 24, 2018
BERNIMOORE:
good observation, if APC win Ekiti, civil servants will be sacked with impunity like in kaduna and kogi, The APC Governors are Not friemdly to Government workers at all, Except Lagos. they are Cultists.its better to owe than to sack, our own kogi governor says he doesnt wants to hear that he is owing anybody despote owimg 22months. that he will deal with anybody challenging him on salary. ekiti be wise o.

Lol...The ball is in their court. Let's watch as event unfolds.
Re: Ekiti Guber Race: What’s The Voice Of The Streets Saying? by gannod(m): 5:21pm On May 24, 2018
micronut:

Who do you think will win this Election, a friend asked. Prof Eleka or Dr. Fayemi?

See my opinion here.

Firstly, the election would be a tug of war, going by the already frenzy political atmosphere as at this morning, with a video going viral that showed how Dr. Kayode fayemi’s billboard was being openly destroyed.

See the video from suspected thugs from the link below.

To me, that’s so uncool. Which ever sides was responsible for that should tread with caution. Politics shouldn’t be a do or die affair.

Now to the issue, I wouldn’t want to go extensively on why Prof. Eleka wouldn’t be a bad choice, even though the fayose appendage is being largely painted as why he would be a puppet, which I wouldn’t agree totally with, but I will like to lightly put some things straight here.

By default, we all have our strengths and weaknesses and one of the big winning strengths of this man is an already working political structure that he will be inheriting from Oga fayose.

See Gov fayose’s clip of 3yrs achievement in office here in the link below.

Also his background as an academician will also put to rest, the perceived school of thought, of fayose’s love for anything informal. Being a university lecturer for 24yrs with administrative experience and a Deputy Gov for close to 4yrs, also mean much.

I believe he can deliver, I believe he will do something too and I believe he wouldn’t be a puppet as largely being flogged or insinuated.

I had same wrong notion about Gov Ambode, years back. I said he will be a puppet, I said he will disappoint Lagosians, I supported Jimi instead, but today Ambode has been doing excellently well, safe for few not too cool excesses.

Again, as a person, I also believe you don’t know the true test and ability of a man, until you give him power or a chance.

Who would ever think Prof. Osinbajo can be a possible good presidential candidate if supported, but today he is one of the two people that I still love in Buhari’s government, and the second is BRF.

Now on Dr Fayemi, I have this view of him…

You see, alot have been said about how the minister came all of a sudden to show interest in the governorship race and possible party betrayals, but one big problem with fayemi in Ekitis is that the people already know him, they know what best he can offer, the can predict his style of governance, and many are not moved by his candidacy.

Simply put, It is an issue of political see finish and an unimpressive past records..

A new person would have played a form of psychological confusion on Ekitis mind.

An Oni (Engr. Segun Oni or A completely new comer) would have been a better gamer or a sealer, with even me joining the squad, because I don’t do party, I do people.

If in Osun where I come from, If I see a better candidate from APC today, I’m giving him my vote, irrespective of many undoings of my Gov. Aregbesola, “baba Raufu oko Sheri”.

In short I think Fayemi lacks Ekitis street credibility and this is the plain fact.

If you want to know who the Ekiti wants, please let’s visit all notable towns in the state particularly, these ones; Ado-Ekiti, Ikere-Ekiti, Ikole-Ekiti, Ijero, Efon-Alaiye, Okemesi, Ifaki, Ilawe, Aramoko, Ise-emure, Iyin, Igede, Isan, Are – Afao, Oye, Omuo, Aiyede, Ipoti, Erinmope, Aiyetoro, Iworoko, Igogo, Awo, Itapa, Otun, Usi, Ido, Iyin, Igede, Ilawe, Ode, Ilupeju, Ikoro, Ikun, Iye, Ijesa-Isu, Ayedun, Aisegba, Osin, and Igbara-odo.

These are major places I know.

Let’s Interview no less than 50 people from different class of the societies in public places and see their preferred candidate and why.

I wouldn’t join them to be judging from Online polls, because guber elections in Nigeria aren’t E-elections, rather they take place on the streets.

Lets visit few Secondary schools, Let’s interview the teachers, and same for those at primary schools.

A trip to Local government staffs too will be fine, and meeting hospital workers will be cool as well. – This would form a review of the minds of the state civil servant. Do they think Eleka from fayose government isn’t bad or Fayemi is the best choice.

Again, the market women in their shops should be questioned or better put, opinion sampled, let’s see who they love to have as their next governor between the two.

Transporters like Okada men, drivers and other public road users should be asked questions. Data from These people will really educate us on how many of them truly have a voting card, how many are nonchalant about the upcoming election and what they think of the election and the two big political candidates.

The Artisans like carpenters, mechanics, bricklayers, plumbers, and other popular informal skilled labourers, that are common in most towns should be consulted too, to also hear their views.

Students in tertiary institutions should be engaged too, from Ekiti State University, students, to Federal University Oye Ekiti students, to Fed Poly folks, to the College of Education students at Ikere, to school of Health Tech in Ijero. All these folks are aptly political deciders and influencers too, bunch of them form the noisy social media constituency. Let’s see their electoral power too, beyond making mouths online/Social media.

Honestly, If I have the money, I would have loved to embark on a political fact findings like this, to know what is really the mind of the Ekitis, beyond the rhetorics that is being peddled around online.

I would also be doing live videos daily in 30days, to cover all the mentioned towns, except where the interviewed persons do not want to be filmed for security reasons.

My inquiries would put to test, and act as a mini opinion sampling, that can even be in form of questionnaires which will be answered by my research teams for the various respondents.

This would form the final conclusion for me, and put to rest, the belief, that Elections are usually rigged, even by people who have never voted nor visited the people (voters) to know what informs the voting pattern.

I hope to do this one day, starting from my state, Osun, When I have the financial wherewithal, and one that will be largely accepted by the masses and interested political aspirants to help them see beyond the “political rankadede” – of you are the one the people want by deceitful followers and supporters looking for what to eat, even when many would not win a single ward in the real exercise.

I hope this can be replicated across major states too..

But for now, let the people decide.

Eleka or Fayemi, the voice of the street count more.

Happily, election takes place on the streets majorly. What informs the opinion of the streets is what then we should pay careful attention too.

For political watchers, Ekitis July 14th, is worth waiting for, as it would be another major unforgettable historical event in the annals of the Nigerian political history.

This is what I think. God bless Ekiti. Ekiti o ni baje o ooo....Inn o kun oo

For a look at Gov. Fayose's video of 3yrs achievement in office visit this link

http://naijalocals.com.ng/2018/05/24/ekiki-whats-the-voice-of-the-streets-saying/

Cc: Seun, OAM4J and Mynd44

I am an Ekiti man, an average Ekiti man hates Dr kayode Fayemi and what he represents. He is elitist,arrogant and vindictive. With Fayemi, there is a disconnect between him and the masses, civil service and the teachers,why should they now vote for him?
Fayose has his flaws, but he flows with the masses, civil servants and the teachers easily. Conclusively, the worst of Fayose is better than the best of Fayemi.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti Guber Race: What’s The Voice Of The Streets Saying? by Adurofight(m): 5:52pm On May 24, 2018
I have the opportunity to meet 3 different eligible voters in Ekiti State Yesterday. They were all speaking in one voice. I was told that APC as a party committed a political suicide in Ekiti for presenting Fayemi as the gubernatorial candidate of the Party. I was told he has a bad record in the history of Ekiti State. I was told that even if Fayemi is dishing out N1million per vote
in Ekiti State, he will lose Ekiti. I was told that if Army and police headquarter is move to Ekiti State during election day, Fayemi will lose. They told me that Engineer Segun Oni would have been the best Candidate to defeat PDP because of his record as a former Governor. They said it is not that Fayose administration is perfect or he performed extra ordinary but he's far better than Fayemi in all ramifications. They rank Fayemi as the worst Governor in the history of Ekiti State. I was told that Fayemi has no legacy. They said he doesn't understand politics and Governance. They cited uncountable numbers of atrocities he committed as a Governor of Ekiti Which time won't permit me to mention!!

I rest my case.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Guber Race: What’s The Voice Of The Streets Saying? by daveP(m): 6:16pm On May 24, 2018
OP God bless you for this analysis.

Fayemi lacks street credibility.

The high court ceremony is ongoing as I type. They should be thru by now... But see the way those okada men flooded there.

Mind you, 60-70% of them are graduates and know left from right intellectually. See sane analysis amongst them.

segun Oni would've had a better chance. He even vexed me for stepping down for this shameless man.

Ekiti People just don't like Fayemi. He refused to flow with them and all thanks to Fayose who has been the yardstick for Ekiti politics, once you lack street credibility, you can't climb the hilltop abode!!

Prof has a lot to prove though

We don't know him if not for the fact that oshoko is endorsing him.

to show that, all his campaign boards have fayose besides him, pointing to him.

We're doing this cos we have faith in fayose and nothing more.

Besides Ekiti people are skeptical about the party called Apc. They've not shown that they can handle highly intellectually minded people like Ekiti civil service or otherwise.

Eleka it is.....

4 Likes

Re: Ekiti Guber Race: What’s The Voice Of The Streets Saying? by Majlaw(m): 8:00pm On May 24, 2018
Lol... Well, Buhari send fayemi to go and capture Ekiti for him.
Re: Ekiti Guber Race: What’s The Voice Of The Streets Saying? by GavelSlam: 8:56pm On May 24, 2018
Some people say Fayose flows with the people and then you realise people assume governance is a Big Brother popularity contest.

You need infrastructure, security, education and the likes.

If your preference is a supposed leader always at public functions whilst underperforming in the other more important areas then you need your head checked.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Guber Race: What’s The Voice Of The Streets Saying? by CarlosTheJackal: 9:13pm On May 24, 2018
GavelSlam:
Some people say Fayose flows with the people and then you realise people assume governance is a Big Brother popularity contest.

If your preference is a supposed leader always at public functions whilst underperforming in the other more important areas then you need your head checked.
You support a Buhari who is no different from Fayose infrastructure wise and you think you have a moral right to judge Fayose.

You need a psych eval please

5 Likes

Re: Ekiti Guber Race: What’s The Voice Of The Streets Saying? by Nobody: 9:24pm On May 24, 2018
GavelSlam:

E consign yu? Let Ekiti people decide who governs them and face your god, Buhari. sad

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Guber Race: What’s The Voice Of The Streets Saying? by micronut(m): 9:24pm On Jun 05, 2018
daveP:
OP God bless you for this analysis.

Fayemi lacks street credibility.

The high court ceremony is ongoing as I type. They should be thru by now... But see the way those okada men flooded there.

Mind you, 60-70% of them are graduates and know left from right intellectually. See sane analysis amongst them.

segun Oni would've had a better chance. He even vexed me for stepping down for this shameless man.

Ekiti People just don't like Fayemi. He refused to flow with them and all thanks to Fayose who has been the yardstick for Ekiti politics, once you lack street credibility, you can't climb the hilltop abode!!

Prof has a lot to prove though

We don't know him if not for the fact that oshoko is endorsing him.

to show that, all his campaign boards have fayose besides him, pointing to him.

We're doing this cos we have faith in fayose and nothing more.

Besides Ekiti people are skeptical about the party called Apc. They've not shown that they can handle highly intellectually minded people like Ekiti civil service or otherwise.

Eleka it is.....

You are very current with the trends bro.. Look at events of the last few days.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Guber Race: What’s The Voice Of The Streets Saying? by kcmichael: 10:46pm On Jun 05, 2018
Na so una boast for ondo n Edo but today how far??
Re: Ekiti Guber Race: What’s The Voice Of The Streets Saying? by maestroferddi: 11:24pm On Jun 05, 2018
The elections in Edo and Ondo were manipulated to ensure APC won.

In Ekiti, Fayose is solidly on ground to neutralize any shenanigans APC can muster.

PDP will win...

5 Likes

Re: Ekiti Guber Race: What’s The Voice Of The Streets Saying? by Shalomc(f): 12:22am On Jun 06, 2018
gannod:

I am an Ekiti man, an average Ekiti man hates Dr kayode Fayemi and what he represents. He is elitist,arrogant and vindictive. With Fayemi, there is a disconnect between him and the masses, civil service and the teachers,why should they now vote for him?
Fayose has his flaws, but he flows with the masses, civil servants and the teachers easily. Conclusively, the worst of Fayose is better than the best of Fayemi.
Note.. Fayemi is not campaigning...but his supporters are boasting of using the army to rig the polls... and buy votes.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Guber Race: What’s The Voice Of The Streets Saying? by front4line: 5:10am On Jun 06, 2018
All these Igbos masquerading as Ekiti indigenes una no de tire. Without mincing word I know Fayemi will win but assuming it does not win Buhari should provide Fayemi with every ammunition just like Jonathan Ebele provided to Fayose to out him.

Fayose n Eleka can go to court.
Mi o ra aye ejo.
Re: Ekiti Guber Race: What’s The Voice Of The Streets Saying? by daveP(m): 9:06am On Jun 06, 2018
micronut:

You are very current with the trends bro.. Look at events of the last few days.

When control is far from the angered, chaos is the way out. That's what they are trying to turn Ado to.

(1) (Reply)

Obiano Inspects JOSAN And LAIP Rice Mills In Anambra- PICTURES / Jonathan Was Weak And Stupid / Watch The Video Of Kano Governor Ganduje Receiving $5m Bribe From A Contractor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.