Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,470 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

My Boss' Relationship With A Co-Worker Is Affecting Our Productivity - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Boss' Relationship With A Co-Worker Is Affecting Our Productivity (25560 Views)

I Commented 'What A Nice Picture' On My Boss' Photo And She Is Taking It Up / How To Deal With That Annoying Co-worker / Lady Sacked For Refusing To Say Good Morning To Her Co-Worker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boss' Relationship With A Co-Worker Is Affecting Our Productivity by agb2011(f): 8:21pm On May 24, 2018
I have an idea. It may sound stupid or wicked but it will definitely work. It has worked for people who know how to use it. wink

Create a social media account; preferably twitter (make sure you don't use details that can be traced to you). Narrate the blood transfusion incident with the name of the girl, your boss and the Hospital. Sit back and watch social media tear them to pieces. wink wink

WARNING
This approach is gruesome in that no one will likely patronize the Hospital again, so you have to look for another job. Your boss will definitely not recover from it. He may even decide to go investigate the account and sue your ass if he finds out its you. Just think about it

#plsnooneshouldquoteme I'm not feeling fine cry cry
Re: My Boss' Relationship With A Co-Worker Is Affecting Our Productivity by ihec(m): 8:21pm On May 24, 2018
they both shuld av their license withdrawn 4rm them write a detialed convincing report to ministry of health nd let his hospital be closed down
Re: My Boss' Relationship With A Co-Worker Is Affecting Our Productivity by GrammarCheck: 8:21pm On May 24, 2018
Enuguboy4nsk:

relax.. forget talk I'm not jealous a bit.. the patients welfare is my concern

The only thing I see here is "hoarding blood in refrigerator" Is she a vampire?
Re: My Boss' Relationship With A Co-Worker Is Affecting Our Productivity by Nobody: 8:25pm On May 24, 2018
Based on the facts as laid bare in your story, I would advise that you have a one-on-one discussion with your boss [the owner] to express your views and concerns about the behavior of his girlfriend and how it's impacting the work that you guys are doing. During the meeting, you MUST not appear to be making personal attacks on him, be accusatory or put him on a defense. You MUST be very diplomatic and make him understand that you called for the meeting out of concern for his business.

If he's smart enough, he would understand that his thriving medical practice affords him the ability to enjoy an affluent lifestyle and maintain a girlfriend on the side and without which, he's a nobody just like everybody else. I am sure if he's not p***y whipped, he would understand your concern and hopefully would set his priorities straight. But if he's far gone and at a point of no return, then talking to him would be like beating a "dead horse." Your best move then would be to decide what's more important to you...your sanity and professional career fulfillment or being aggravated at a dead end job. The decision is all yours!
Re: My Boss' Relationship With A Co-Worker Is Affecting Our Productivity by ikorodureporta: 8:30pm On May 24, 2018
Yr boss viewing d thread like.......

Re: My Boss' Relationship With A Co-Worker Is Affecting Our Productivity by Immaangel2: 8:33pm On May 24, 2018
i have handled such case before, get enough evidence, audio, pictures, video or written evidence. do not go directly to the wife, rather send someone else to the wife of ur boss. set trap for them. threaten d wife of your boss a little that her husbands certificate will be confiscated by govt if she does nothing and hunger will kill her family. organise guys to block ur boss on the road and threaten to kill him also d guys should say that he is dating his girlfriend therefore he should sack his girlfriend or they will kill him. thats how d case was settled in my own work place. it might take up to a month or more, but it works well. goodluck

1 Like

Re: My Boss' Relationship With A Co-Worker Is Affecting Our Productivity by Eastboi(m): 8:35pm On May 24, 2018
agb2011:
I have an idea. It may sound stupid or wicked but it will definitely work. It has worked for people who know how to use it. wink

Create a social media account; preferably twitter (make sure you don't use details that can be traced to you). Narrate the blood transfusion incident with the name of the girl, your boss and the Hospital. Sit back and watch social media tear them to pieces. wink wink

WARNING
This approach is gruesome in that no one will likely patronize the Hospital again, so you have to look for another job. Your boss will definitely not recover from it. He may even decide to go investigate the account and sue your ass if he finds out its you. Just think about it

#plsnooneshouldquoteme I'm not feeling fine cry cry
haunty op no wan quit him job
Re: My Boss' Relationship With A Co-Worker Is Affecting Our Productivity by donkaz2(m): 8:41pm On May 24, 2018
I won't advice u quite. If u have make up ur mind to quite very good but don't resign make sure u are sent away, what I mean is that after u have secure another possible job or another option of i income then its time for action spit on their faces drag them to the mud and tell them the rubbish they are doing u may even be lucky that such a day will be when the man's wife will be around .... So after ur action is either u are sacked or things change

Lastly i will advice if u survive and win, pls don't walk in the dark and don't ever eat in that office the lady may just kill u becos you have deprive her all her power
Re: My Boss' Relationship With A Co-Worker Is Affecting Our Productivity by Adasun(m): 9:05pm On May 24, 2018
DrinkLimca:
Then the only way is resign and look for another job because I'm sure the blood of innocent souls that died unjustly in that hospital will fight back..
I know what I'm saying..
don't u think da op may be excluded frm da "fight back"

have u xperience things of such bro?
Re: My Boss' Relationship With A Co-Worker Is Affecting Our Productivity by Nobody: 9:10pm On May 24, 2018
Hadeaks:
You wrote that you work in a private practice. Is your boss the owner of the hospital? If not, what is the owner of the practice doing about it?

Personally I think you have raised a ruckus when you lost that patient. No matter how careless or carefree the lady is, you guys should have drawn the line at an act that led to the loss of a human being's life.

I think you should report the lady to your boss, and if he does not do anything about it, escalate to the owner of the hospital. But if your boss is the owner,......

the owner of the hospital is the one she's in mess with.. he once defended her when a patient complained
Re: My Boss' Relationship With A Co-Worker Is Affecting Our Productivity by Nobody: 9:11pm On May 24, 2018
you have to put professionalism first because the seed you sow today will speak for you tomorrow
Re: My Boss' Relationship With A Co-Worker Is Affecting Our Productivity by ekanDamie: 9:17pm On May 24, 2018
post=67848720:
Office romance is a productivity killer.
Aswear bro. Ama victim. I am way less productive dan wen we werent dating.
Re: My Boss' Relationship With A Co-Worker Is Affecting Our Productivity by Nobody: 9:18pm On May 24, 2018
Pro2makx:
I am currently facing this in my work place. My boss dating one of our worker and it's seriously interfering with my work as the manager. We can't pay salary for some months now
at least someone is in my shoes here
Re: My Boss' Relationship With A Co-Worker Is Affecting Our Productivity by xtervaganza(m): 9:37pm On May 24, 2018
Someone died because of her and you didn't get her arrested already?

Nigeria is a dead country
Re: My Boss' Relationship With A Co-Worker Is Affecting Our Productivity by Reference(m): 9:45pm On May 24, 2018
She is JOHESU, you are NMA, not surprised.... cat and mouse.

1 Like

Re: My Boss' Relationship With A Co-Worker Is Affecting Our Productivity by blackjack21(m): 9:55pm On May 24, 2018
Eastboi:
Focus on your job as long as u get paid. But that kind of environment can't motivate u to do more for your firm, so to me its a quit

focus on your job as long as you get paid> do you realize how redunkulous you sound? he might as well stare at a well forever because he get paid.
Re: My Boss' Relationship With A Co-Worker Is Affecting Our Productivity by Snow87(m): 10:06pm On May 24, 2018
I hate it when people mix business with pleasure. Tell me now, how is the firm going to move forward in such environment. pls look for his male best friend and inform him, he may be of help to salvage the situation.
Re: My Boss' Relationship With A Co-Worker Is Affecting Our Productivity by symbianDON(m): 10:16pm On May 24, 2018
I can't believe they are having an 'intimidate' relationship...

Re: My Boss' Relationship With A Co-Worker Is Affecting Our Productivity by TroubleMaker47(m): 10:55pm On May 24, 2018
Enuguboy4nsk:
I am a medical practitioner by profession and currently engaged in a private practice somewhere in middlebelt of Nigeria.

I'm just 2 months to this job and since I came I noticed the rship between my boss who's married, also a medical practitioner with a lab technician who runs test for us.

Basically my problem is not with their intimidate rship of which I'm certain of since I have seen him severally in the girl's apartment but with the girls arrogance to work bc of the fact that nothing can be done to her.

Most times I will request for a lab investigation for an emergency case but she will never do them.. we sometime lost a patient who needed blood but was refused blood because this girl hoard the blood only for us to discover later there was blood in the refrigerator.
problem is not only the misbehavior but for the fact that my boss knows all these but can't call her to order.. I learnt the girl has been like that even before I came. but I'm finding it difficult to work in this kind of environment

what do I really have to do?? but don't suggest I quit bc I am also running something here concurrently

Search for another job while at the same time gathering concrete evidence to substantiate ur claim of hospitals negligence that lead to a patient's death,

when you've done that, create a public scence on how there intimacy is affecting the productivity of the hospital and how it resulted in the death of a patient (u can get a secret recording of the debacle)

Off course you would be fired, when it's done, u go for blood by contacting your lawyer and the family of the deceased and suing the shìt out of the hospital for negligence leading to death and illegal termination of appointment, with your court settlement you can start your own biz!

Goodluck wink

1 Like

Re: My Boss' Relationship With A Co-Worker Is Affecting Our Productivity by remiopash: 11:06pm On May 24, 2018
"we sometime lost a patient who needed blood but was refused blood because this girl hoard the blood only for us to discover later there was blood in the refrigerator" This is where you need to draw red line. Cheiii,human life !!! You need to run away from them or else the blood of the patients killed through negligence will be in your hands too.
Re: My Boss' Relationship With A Co-Worker Is Affecting Our Productivity by wiloy2k8(m): 11:51pm On May 24, 2018
Enuguboy4nsk:
I am a medical practitioner by profession and currently engaged in a private practice somewhere in middlebelt of Nigeria.

I'm just 2 months to this job and since I came I noticed the rship between my boss who's married, also a medical practitioner with a lab technician who runs test for us.

Basically my problem is not with their intimidate rship of which I'm certain of since I have seen him severally in the girl's apartment but with the girls arrogance to work bc of the fact that nothing can be done to her.
Most times I will request for a lab investigation for an emergency case but she will never do them.. we sometime lost a patient who needed blood but was refused blood because this girl hoard the blood only for us to discover later there was blood in the refrigerator.
problem is not only the misbehavior but for the fact that my boss knows all these but can't call her to order.. I learnt the girl has been like that even before I came. but I'm finding it difficult to work in this kind of environment

what do I really have to do?? but don't suggest I quit bc I am also running something here concurrently

Just send us her picture and leave the rest to us
Re: My Boss' Relationship With A Co-Worker Is Affecting Our Productivity by greenguy: 2:01am On May 25, 2018
E no konsign u!! Discuss your concerns with your boss and have it on record.
Re: My Boss' Relationship With A Co-Worker Is Affecting Our Productivity by fof1: 2:10am On May 25, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Ogbeni,
It's obvious you are more concerned about the lab attendant's relationship than her attitude to the job.
Your problem is jealousy.
You are not a qualified doctor but you want to give her injection.

Wetin carry you go her house?
Is it your business that your married boss is playing offside?
Your boss is so lenient not to have sacked you for trespassing on his fenced plot of land.

You better be careful and just mind your business if not in no short time, you'd be walking the streets of Nsukka in your labcoat with your CV in your hands.

U See ur conclusions... Extreme and Bizarre. OC Judge.
Re: My Boss' Relationship With A Co-Worker Is Affecting Our Productivity by syntax50: 4:33am On May 25, 2018
Enuguboy4nsk:

YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE TO UNBURDEN URSELF OF UR PROBLEMS, STANDBY SON; STAT WOKE YOUR SOLUTYIONS IS LOADING...........................
Re: My Boss' Relationship With A Co-Worker Is Affecting Our Productivity by gbadekunle(m): 5:06am On May 25, 2018
You can walk up to her and make her feel you think the work pressure is much for her, that why can't she suggest to your boss to hire a Lab Assistant to support her (Technician) to aid her do her work with less pressures while she just oversee the Assistant's work (to sound more managerial) but ultimately in your heart, you know you want the assistant to get the jobs done.
Re: My Boss' Relationship With A Co-Worker Is Affecting Our Productivity by drnoel: 5:16am On May 25, 2018
Eastboi:
Focus on your job as long as u get paid. But that kind of environment can't motivate u to do more for your firm, so to me its a quit

Not when lives are at stake. Call her to order, let her freak out and tell Ur boss then u speak with the man doctor to doctor. If he decides cos of pussy he will be negligent to his hypocritic oath then u have all u need.
Believe me, he won't be that foolish
Re: My Boss' Relationship With A Co-Worker Is Affecting Our Productivity by DollarAngel(m): 7:50am On May 25, 2018
Then she might not be different from a ritualist cos she has blood on her hands due to negligence, but I will advise you to seek counsel from the man of God over you and pray with the Holy Spirit, to loosen your boss from the chain
Re: My Boss' Relationship With A Co-Worker Is Affecting Our Productivity by Nobody: 9:32am On May 25, 2018
gbadekunle:
You can walk up to her and make her feel you think the work pressure is much for her, that why can't she suggest to your boss to hire a Lab Assistant to support her (Technician) to aid her do her work with less pressures while she just oversee the Assistant's work (to sound more managerial) but ultimately in your heart, you know you want the assistant to get the jobs done.
they're three lab technicians... the rest of the two are well behaved
Re: My Boss' Relationship With A Co-Worker Is Affecting Our Productivity by babaireti(m): 10:40am On May 25, 2018
Enuguboy4nsk:

it's a private hospital that belongs to the man

The public safety is at stake here and the matter goes beyond him.Send the letter and the beast would be called to order
Re: My Boss' Relationship With A Co-Worker Is Affecting Our Productivity by ogbiwa: 8:13am On May 26, 2018
Quit, then after quitting make sure to report that hospital to the relevant authorities. If you do one without the other then you've done nothing.
Re: My Boss' Relationship With A Co-Worker Is Affecting Our Productivity by kinguwem: 2:54pm On May 26, 2018
Do you run a blood transfusion service in your lab. or you just store donated blood pending when the recipient will be transfused. If that is the case you lost the patient because he did not have donors. You don't release blood donated to a specific recipient to another if you're not sure of getting another donor to replace the blood.
Re: My Boss' Relationship With A Co-Worker Is Affecting Our Productivity by Nobody: 11:43am On May 30, 2018
kinguwem:
Do you run a blood transfusion service in your lab. or you just store donated blood pending when the recipient will be transfused. If that is the case you lost the patient because he did not have donors. You don't release blood donated to a specific recipient to another if you're not sure of getting another donor to replace the blood.
it's in our tradition as a private hospital to lend blood when it's Emergency to patients... I later discovered there was blood there and ordered for it to be brought.. but it was late already.. I guess you're a lab scientist in a govt owned hospital.. think about life first.. that's what we're called for

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is It Good To Leave Huge Amount Of Money In Ur Salary Account? / 6 Things Holding You Back From Personal Growth ...which Is Yours? / Female Uber Drivers: Passengers Make Advances At Us, Send Disturbing Messages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.