Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,948 members, 7,814,215 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! (54360 Views)

India's First 32-inch QLED TV From Infinix Will Go On Sale Soon At A Fair Price / Tecno, Infinix And Itel Are Not Used In China Where They Are Produced / Is This Why Tecno Phones Are Crap. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by Nobody: 8:36am On May 25, 2018
Acheron:

Lol I don't know much about phones but bro, you lied somewhere. Huawei, Xiaomi sells in the US. This is a fact.

Gosh, u people don't just get it. Huawei, Xioami don't sell their phones in the US. Pls make research before posting. That u can get those phones on Amazon doesn't mean they are sold in the US. Amazon is a 3rd party reseller just like Jumia, when u buy a Xiaomi or Huawei phone from Amazon, u don't get warranty, phone gets faulty u are on ur own. U cannot walk into at&t or verizon or sprint to buy a xiaomi phone. Pls u people should get ur facts right before making assumptions. They are working on it and by the end of 2018 they might succeed, but right now they don't sell their phones in the US.

Check the image below, and see the quote from chairman of Xiaomi. Pls be sure of what u post. The things u don't understand are far more than the ones u do.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by polimaf(m): 8:40am On May 25, 2018
12rev:

No sire, its not about business but standards and ethics, these tecno and co claim what they dont have and unfortunately our ncc, son n co are not half useful as dead dogs.
I understand your view on standard. but if tecno would want to launch in Europe, all they need to do is to produce phones for European standard. shikena.
Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by Nobody: 8:41am On May 25, 2018
grandstar:

There's loads of patent infringement by Techno and Infinix and theyd be in deep trouble were they to sell in the US or any country with strong copyright laws.

How did you come about this info? Do you have a source? I wonder how far the rabbit hole goes.
Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by grandstar(m): 8:43am On May 25, 2018
Llanthony401:

How did you come about this info? Do you have a source? I wonder how far the rabbit hole goes.

Read it somewhere sometime ago.

Also, China is notorious for trampling on property rigjts.
Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by Nobody: 8:54am On May 25, 2018
Lnzy:

Boss, the issue is not about penetrating US and European market, even bigger brands like the HTC, Sony are having a tough time competing with Apple and Samsung. The problem I have with techno, itel, infinix and other like brands is the way they quote specifications. Like the example the OP gave, you shouldn't tell me your product has a corning gorilla glass 3 , when Corning Inc. that makes the glass doesn't even know you exist.

But Sony, HTC sell their phones in the US. And Infinix never mentions they use Gorilla glass if they don't. The phone where they mentioned gorilla glass 3 is infinix zero 5 and in truth they did use gorilla glass 3 as it was proven by some reviewers in India which is also where Infinix have some market share. What they don't do is tell us the aperture in their camera, but it is better not to mention it than lie.
Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by Lnzy: 9:03am On May 25, 2018
greenhulk:

Nope, Huawei don't make or sell their phones in the US. U cannot go to at&t, verizon or sprint to purchase a Huawei phone. U can only buy the international unlocked versions from online stores and they come with no warranty. What does that mean, u spend $800 on a phone and within a week u find out it has some factory problems or that u don't like it, my guy u are screwed, no returns, no replacements. Mind u the US have been spoiled with these services. You can buy a Samsung phone and still return it within 30 days if u don't like it, u can't do that with Huawei because they are not officially sold in the US.
Bros, what you should understand is that the likes of at&t, Verizon, etc are telecom companies, and they get into partnership with the OEMs, its more like a contract and both the OEMs and the telecoms benefit from this partnership. If you ask me, I will say the major reason why at&t and Verizon would not get into contract with Huawei is because they probably don't think it will be Worth it. Trust me, any day u hear that huawei has started selling close to as much phones as Samsung in US, at&t will most definitely get into partnership with them, but as you said their phones don't come with warranty and the average US citizen will not probably buy a phone without warranty. The truth as you pointed out is that this US and Europe people have been spoilt with great services that anything short of that is not acceptable.
Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by Nobody: 9:12am On May 25, 2018
Lnzy:

Bros, what you should understand is that the likes of at&t, Verizon, etc are telecom companies, and they get into partnership with the OEMs, its more like a contract and both the OEMs and the telecoms benefit from this partnership. If you ask me, I will say the major reason why at&t and Verizon would not get into contract with Huawei is because they probably don't think it will be Worth it. Trust me, any day u hear that huawei has started selling close to as much phones as Samsung in US, at&t will most definitely get into partnership with them, but as you said their phones don't come with warranty and the average US citizen will not probably buy a phone without warranty. The truth as you pointed out is that this US and Europe people have been spoilt with great services that anything short of that is not acceptable.

Most people that buy phones in the US buy from carriers on contract. That is how 80% people in the US buy their phones. Now u see why this thread is biased, people attack Tecno for not penetrating the US market when bigger companies like Huawei and Xiaomi have not been able to do that. Its not like at&t, Verizon or Sprint are not willing to partner with Huawei or Xioami or that people in the US don't want to buy their phones, but fist they need to penetrate the market first, get certified by the government.
Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by DEADALIVE: 9:14am On May 25, 2018
OP: As a matter of fact I like your intuitive collection of information as regards standards of mobile phone devices nice work done.
let me emphasize this Incase you embark on another research, the developed countries follow the standard to technology renovation, recycling and tech waste management. So they ensure that every technological product available in their country meets these three requirement before been sold out to the public regardless of brand and cost value.
....but here in Nigeria we only see brand as original when it is used by celebrities, government officials and other criminal minded people such that the fundamental of science and technology as been neglected by both government and its citizens where as pride and show off is the other of the day, with this mentality the Asian did a research on us and still does till now studying our behaviour towards economy development there by producing sub standard technological products to suit our economy which the government has embraced and her citizen OK with it just because the state of the economy is terribly bad.
OP once again you have done well to enlighten the public of the danger of using sub standard products regardless of the cost of purchase.

2 Likes

Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by miqos02(m): 9:16am On May 25, 2018
BadBradley:
Why Tecno, Infinix And itel Don't sell in Europe And US!

After my factual evaluation of transsion Holdings products, namely Tecno, Itel, and infix,  http://lodega.com/community/phones-and-tablets/why-every-sensible-nigerian-should-avoid-tecno-infinix-and-itel-brands/ a lot of fan-boys blew their top with emotional reactions. Some deftly pointed out I was on a propaganda mission to kill off the brand, others claimed I was a Samsung fan boy even when I never extolled Samsung.

The  truth is Tecno, infinix and Itel are getting better daily, the only problem is they are using poor, ignorant Africans as beta testers of their subpar phones and getting richer for it by selling lies, using bloggers to claim features their phones don't have or hardware it isn't equipped with.

So the ugly truth is that Africans are testing these phones without any international standard certificate or FCC or EC seal of conformity.

This is why Tecno, Infinix is avoiding regions of the world where strict conformity in regulation are observed, e.g US and EU. Because not one single Transsion Holdings brand could be found in these countries!

But Alas, true global Chinese brands like Xaomi, ZTE, Huawei, Gionee etc are all over US and Europe, because unlike Tecno they all got their international standard conformity approved and verified both by EU and US regulatory bodies.

Worthy of note is that HTC originating from a tiny country like Taiwan built the first android phone, the G1 and it's a global brand.

So the big question is why is Tecno and infinix hiding in Africa and India? Why isn't Tecno or infinix carrying EC and FCC seals?

Notably, one overzealous fanboy went about to claim infinix, one of Transsion Holdings brands uses Corning Gorrila glass on its phone when a listing of  brands using Corning doesn't show any Transsion Holdings brand using its product or technology. Yet it is claimed that Infinix Zero 5 uses Corning Gorilla Glass 3.

Yes we found other Chinese brands like Huawei, Xaomi, ZTE, Gionee etc. But no Tecno or Itel or Infinix. To see list of devices using Corning Gorrila glass see https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_devices_with_Gorilla_Glass

Also a list of OEMs and mobile manufacturers using Qualcomm chipset did not appear to list Transsion Holdings as using its chipsets. Yet Tecno claims an Infinix model uses Qualcomm's Snapdragon 400 series. It's a barefaced lie!

For list of companies using Snapdragon 400 series see here  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Qualcomm_Snapdragon_systems-on-chip

We cannot afford to take the claims of Transsion Holdings at face value when no reputable, globally acknowledged critic/journalist have listed or reviewed this devices for what they truly are. For what we know, Transsion Holdings is exploiting poor regions of the world with lies and false claims.

Source: www.lodega.com
their phones won't be cheap if they have access to the US market
Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by Nobody: 9:17am On May 25, 2018
polimaf:
I understand your view on standard. but if tecno would want to launch in Europe, all they need to do is to produce phones for European standard. shikena.
Yeah just like xiaomi, gionee which are quite "cheap" also, claiming what they dont offer is wrong and in saner climes they would be made to pay for misleading people.
Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by Sam32(m): 9:19am On May 25, 2018
greenhulk:

Hmm, You can't live without me u had to mention my name. Anyway let me make this brief.

Yes Tecno, Infinix and Itel don't market their phones in the US, I don't even think they intend to, at least not in the nearest future. The US smartphone market is saturated and the US are critical of Chinese phones. Tecno is just a small company. Before u attack Tecno, first answer this question. Why do Xioami, Oppo, Huawei, ZTE don't sell their phones in the US. These are bigger names than Tecno. Aha.. so there is ur answer. So if those big guns can't enter the US, who come be small Tecno?

And to answer ur questions about alternative phones to buy.. first I need to make it clear. I don't use any Transsion phone. Though my wife uses Infinix hot 4 Pro which has been serving her since 2016. I also bought an infinix hot s same time she bought hers which was my second phone while Galaxy s6 was my main phone. I've long sold mine. It was a decent phone, though I had to change the charging port once, and my wife has also changed her charging port, but phone is still serving her. Now that we have gotten that out of the way, as a lot of people already know, my daily driver right now is LG V20 which has been phenomenal and I don't have any reason to change it right now. But there are lots of things people look for in a phone. Because I'm a heavy user doesn't mean everyone has to be a heavy user. Because I can buy a used flagship doesn't mean everyone has to buy a used phone, some people want their phones brand new.

Let's see some of the phones u mentioned
LG G5: u said its 50k, show me the shop where it is sold for 50k brand new
LG G6: Again show me where it is sold, LG didn't even sell this phone in Nigeria. The used one is sold for around 100k and above

Samsung galaxy s6: I can't even recommend this for my enemy. Very poor battery life, still over 50k for used one
Samsung galaxy s7/edge: Brand new one is still over 170k, used one between 80-120k
HTC 10: This one no even dey market, show me where it is sold
HTC U11: bro are u just mentioning phones for the sake of it? HTC didn't sell this phone in Nigeria, the used one is still over 100k
Sony Xperia XZ and XZ premium: I give up. Do u have any of these for sale at 60k? I will buy 3

I know u can order for these phones from overseas but how many people do u think have the time to order phones. So someone cannot enter a shop and buy a phone to start using immediately again abi? Me I don't have a problem ordering phone any product, but everyone cannot be like me, majority still prefer to enter shop buy what they want. And not everyone will like used phones.

Chinese brands are already penetrating Europe and USA, xiaomi marketing strategy has been to create a legitimate brand identity before penetrating tougher markets. Last's year xiaomi released Mi A1, an Android One phone to sell globally, and last last week they are already opening stores in European stories because they are certified to do so.
Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by Sam32(m): 9:21am On May 25, 2018
greenhulk:

Hmm, You can't live without me u had to mention my name. Anyway let me make this brief.

Yes Tecno, Infinix and Itel don't market their phones in the US, I don't even think they intend to, at least not in the nearest future. The US smartphone market is saturated and the US are critical of Chinese phones. Tecno is just a small company. Before u attack Tecno, first answer this question. Why do Xioami, Oppo, Huawei, ZTE don't sell their phones in the US. These are bigger names than Tecno. Aha.. so there is ur answer. So if those big guns can't enter the US, who come be small Tecno?

And to answer ur questions about alternative phones to buy.. first I need to make it clear. I don't use any Transsion phone. Though my wife uses Infinix hot 4 Pro which has been serving her since 2016. I also bought an infinix hot s same time she bought hers which was my second phone while Galaxy s6 was my main phone. I've long sold mine. It was a decent phone, though I had to change the charging port once, and my wife has also changed her charging port, but phone is still serving her. Now that we have gotten that out of the way, as a lot of people already know, my daily driver right now is LG V20 which has been phenomenal and I don't have any reason to change it right now. But there are lots of things people look for in a phone. Because I'm a heavy user doesn't mean everyone has to be a heavy user. Because I can buy a used flagship doesn't mean everyone has to buy a used phone, some people want their phones brand new.

LG G5: u said its 50k, show me the shop where it is sold for 50k brand new
LG G6: Again show me where it is sold, LG didn't even sell this phone in Nigeria. The used one is sold for around 100k and above

Samsung galaxy s6: I can't even recommend this for my enemy. Very poor battery life, still over 50k for used one
Samsung galaxy s7/edge: Brand new one is still over 170k, used one between 80-120k
HTC U11: bro are u just mentioning phones for the sake of it? HTC didn't sell this phone in Nigeria, the used one is still over 100k
Sony Xperia XZ and XZ premium: I give up. Do u have any of these for sale at 60k? I will buy 3

I know u can order for these phones from overseas but how many people do u think have the time to order phones. So someone cannot enter a shop and buy a phone to start using immediately again abi? Me I don't have a problem ordering phone any product, but everyone cannot be like me, majority still prefer to enter shop buy what they want. And not everyone will like used phones.
Chinese brands are already penetrating Europe and USA, xiaomi marketing strategy has been to create a legitimate brand identity before penetrating tougher markets. Last's year xiaomi released Mi A1, an Android One phone to sell globally, and last last week they are already opening stores in European stories because they are certified to do so.
Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by ElPadrino007(m): 9:25am On May 25, 2018
Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by Nobody: 9:27am On May 25, 2018
Sam32:

Xiaomi just launched their outlet in Paris this week as a plan to expand through Europe. But let's stick to the topic here.. which is the US market. We all know Xioami is much better brand than Tecno, in fact redmi 5 is the 5th best selling phone in Q1 2018 only beaten by the iphone. But for such a company to not penetrate the US market then who is Tecno? Xioami will probably penetrate the US market in late 2018 or early 2019,but right now they haven't.

And talk about creating legitimate brand identity,Xioami started by copying Apple, though they have since grown and formed their own identity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by aksule(m): 9:32am On May 25, 2018
l am a victim of Infinix phone products. l bought infinix note 3 sometime in Dec. 2016. The set dropped from my hand while trying to unplug it from the socket and that ends the story of my infinix note 3 as it refused to power on. This unfortunate incident happened in March 2018. l had to buy another set as so far the infinix note 3 is yet to be repaired. l was told my warranty period is over and the infinix company if they ever accept it for repairs, the cost will be equal to buying new one.

1 Like

Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by wisdomkid: 9:36am On May 25, 2018
grandstar:

From what you write, you don't seem to understand the issue itself.

There's loads of patent infringement by Techno and Infinix and theyd be in deep trouble were they to sell in the US or any country with strong copyright laws.

Please, what is patent infringements?
If you do really know phones, you will know almost all the latest phones are copying iphone x, and the samsung 18:9 ratio

1 Like

Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by storge: 9:49am On May 25, 2018
kimbraa:
I used to tell my friends who are Techno users that nothing on earth would make me use a Techno phone, and each time I remind them, they get angry.

Why on earth would anyone buy a Techno worth of 35k when you can buy a Samsung for 50?

That's an easy q na......15k. Am I making sense somebody?

1 Like

Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by Cleanxing(m): 9:51am On May 25, 2018
The most useless headline n writeup for d day,hoping others will beat it.
Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by storge: 9:54am On May 25, 2018
I don't know why people keep takimg panadol for another persons problem and money.

Any of you using toyota (corolla especially), hyundai, kia, etc instead of Mercedes, bmw and co are doing the same thing you're accusing those using chinese phones of
Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by bella18(f): 9:56am On May 25, 2018
our economy contribute much to all this, we cant buy those other brands, techno is a better choice
cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by Nobody: 10:01am On May 25, 2018
A phone is meant for specific user with specific need. heavy users or non heavy users. same as saying people who like long hair and those who prefer short hair. so my point , regsrdless of tech quality, it meets the need of each user.
Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by Synthase(m): 10:04am On May 25, 2018
BadBradley:

After my factual evaluation of transsion Holdings products, namely Tecno, Itel, and infix,  http://lodega.com/community/phones-and-tablets/why-every-sensible-nigerian-should-avoid-tecno-infinix-and-itel-brands/ a lot of fan-boys blew their top with emotional reactions. Some deftly pointed out I was on a propaganda mission to kill off the brand, others claimed I was a Samsung fan boy even when I never extolled Samsung.

The  truth is Tecno, infinix and Itel are getting better daily, the only problem is they are using poor, ignorant Africans as beta testers of their subpar phones and getting richer for it by selling lies, using bloggers to claim features their phones don't have or hardware it isn't equipped with.

So the ugly truth is that Africans are testing these phones without any international standard certificate or FCC or EC seal of conformity.

This is why Tecno, Infinix is avoiding regions of the world where strict conformity in regulation are observed, e.g US and EU. Because not one single Transsion Holdings brand could be found in these countries!

But Alas, true global Chinese brands like Xaomi, ZTE, Huawei, Gionee etc are all over US and Europe, because unlike Tecno they all got their international standard conformity approved and verified both by EU and US regulatory bodies.

Worthy of note is that HTC originating from a tiny country like Taiwan built the first android phone, the G1 and it's a global brand.

So the big question is why is Tecno and infinix hiding in Africa and India? Why isn't Tecno or infinix carrying EC and FCC seals?

Notably, one overzealous fanboy went about to claim infinix, one of Transsion Holdings brands uses Corning Gorrila glass on its phone when a listing of  brands using Corning doesn't show any Transsion Holdings brand using its product or technology. Yet it is claimed that Infinix Zero 5 uses Corning Gorilla Glass 3.

Yes we found other Chinese brands like Huawei, Xaomi, ZTE, Gionee etc. But no Tecno or Itel or Infinix. To see list of devices using Corning Gorrila glass see https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_devices_with_Gorilla_Glass

Also a list of OEMs and mobile manufacturers using Qualcomm chipset did not appear to list Transsion Holdings as using its chipsets. Yet Tecno claims an Infinix model uses Qualcomm's Snapdragon 400 series. It's a barefaced lie!

For list of companies using Snapdragon 400 series see here  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Qualcomm_Snapdragon_systems-on-chip

We cannot afford to take the claims of Transsion Holdings at face value when no reputable, globally acknowledged critic/journalist have listed or reviewed this devices for what they truly are. For what we know, Transsion Holdings is exploiting poor regions of the world with lies and false claims.

Bros, I believe your submission to some extent however, stop using Wikipedia as a source if you want to be taken seriously because information provided on wiki can be edited by individuals. What is the odd, you have not edited the list to suit your arguments
Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by Sam32(m): 10:06am On May 25, 2018
greenhulk:

Xiaomi just launched their outlet in Paris this week as a plan to expand through Europe. But let's stick to the topic here.. which is the US market. We all know Xioami is much better brand than Tecno, in fact redmi 5 is the 5th best selling phone in Q1 2018 only beaten by the iphone. But for such a company to not penetrate the US market then who is Tecno? Xioami will probably penetrate the US market in late 2018 or early 2019,but right now they haven't.

And talk about creating legitimate brand identity,Xioami started by copying Apple, though they have since grown and formed their own identity.
All valid points. I mentioned Mi A1 because it was sold in the US via Google platform
Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by Sam32(m): 10:11am On May 25, 2018
bella18:
our economy contribute much to all this, we cant buy those other brands, techno is a better choice
cool cool cool cool cool cool

It's affordable but not better. Certification for one ensures that the Radio waves emitted by phones don't reach harmful levels and are safe for human use. It's not wise to use something that kills you a little everyday just because it is affordable.
Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by tgmservice: 10:15am On May 25, 2018
CHESTER48:
fake inferior products. Person go come. Now say, infinix and tecno are cheap, and that nobody can afford Samsung or HTC, LG. Etc. The truth is most of these phones are old but cheaper and better. Example. LG g5 now goes for 50k with snapdragon 820.bring the highest tecno phone, can't compete with it. So why buy fake inferior things at price u can buy better older phones whig still performs better than the recent tecno or infinix?
Phones to buy include
Giomee
Xiaomi
Honor series. The hone 7x cost 200 bucks on amazon. That 62k
Older versions of phones such as
Lg g5
Lg g6
Samsung s6, s6 edge
Samsung s7 s7 edge
HTC 10
HTC ull
Google pixel
Nubia z11
Sony Xperia xz, xz premium. Etc
All these are phones you can get below 100k right now from amazon new or used.

We have tecno phones costing 60k or 70k.why no buy honor 8 or 7x.
Or even xiaomi mi 5?

Cc greenhulk Oya appear here. grin
that my crap LG g5 that keeps rebooting, threw it in the gutters where it belongs
Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by Obagoal4u(m): 10:20am On May 25, 2018
BadBradley:

bt man city is in uk and tecno are one of their sponsors, and some of their players are using it.
Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by johnmattew: 10:58am On May 25, 2018
greenhulk:

Nope, Huawei don't make or sell their phones in the US. U cannot go to at&t, verizon or sprint to purchase a Huawei phone. U can only buy the international unlocked versions from online stores and they come with no warranty. What does that mean, u spend $800 on a phone and within a week u find out it has some factory problems or that u don't like it, my guy u are screwed, no returns, no replacements. Mind u the US have been spoiled with these services. You can buy a Samsung phone and still return it within 30 days if u don't like it, u can't do that with Huawei because they are not officially sold in the US.
ok sir
Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by VULCAN(m): 11:09am On May 25, 2018
The OP raised quite a number of points of which you only addressed two and took quite some time to do so.

You did not do a thorough job of rebutting the first as you didn't explain why the US is so tough. It is because The US market requires you sign up with a carrier to sell and obviously if the carrier's demands are heavy small firms may not be able to get in. By the way, Xiaomi plans to enter US in 2019

You made a good rebuttal on your second though about alternative phones by mentioning the price differential between the average Techno or Infinix and the Majors. But what you left out was the fact that the flagships of these two brands costs as much as some phones from Xiaomi, Huawei etc.

The most important point which the OP mentioned which you completely ignored was the possibility that Transsion is lying about the specs on its phones. I would love to hear your take on this.

Please kindly return to his post and address his points thoroughly.

Thanks

greenhulk:

Yes Tecno, Infinix and Itel don't market their phones in the US, I don't even think they intend to, at least not in the nearest future. The US smartphone market is saturated and the US are critical of Chinese phones. Tecno is just a small company. Before u attack Tecno, first answer this question. Why is it that Xioami, Oppo, Huawei, ZTE don't sell their phones in the US. These are bigger names than Tecno. Aha.. so there is ur answer. So if those big guns can't enter the US, who come be small Tecno?

LG G5: u said its 50k, show me the shop where it is sold for 50k brand new. Good specs, poor design, crap battery.

2 Likes

Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by VULCAN(m): 11:10am On May 25, 2018
The Poster raised quite a number of points of which you only addressed two and took quite some time to do so.

You did not do a thorough job of rebutting the first as you didn't explain why the US is so tough. It is because The US market requires you sign up with a carrier to sell and obviously if the carrier's demands are heavy small firms may not be able to get in. By the way, Xiaomi plans to enter US in 2019

You made a good rebuttal on your second though about alternative phones by mentioning the price differential between the average Techno or Infinix and the Majors. But what you left out was the fact that the flagships of these two brands costs as much as some phones from Xiaomi, Huawei etc.

The most important point which the OP mentioned which you completely ignored was the possibility that Transsion is lying about the specs on its phones. I would love to hear your take on this.

Thanks

greenhulk:

Yes Tecno, Infinix and Itel don't market their phones in the US, I don't even think they intend to, at least not in the nearest future. The US smartphone market is saturated and the US are critical of Chinese phones. Tecno is just a small company. Before u attack Tecno, first answer this question. Why is it that Xioami, Oppo, Huawei, ZTE don't sell their phones in the US. These are bigger names than Tecno. Aha.. so there is ur answer. So if those big guns can't enter the US, who come be small Tecno?

LG G5: u said its 50k, show me the shop where it is sold for 50k brand new. Good specs, poor design, crap battery.

Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by Goodnuel: 11:19am On May 25, 2018
eki2000:
I realized this earlier and dumped their sorry ass for Gionee. Gionee is same as samsung, imagine my X1s beat my Former Camon cx in camera and display.
The camera for this phone is actually terrible... My splus beats it hands down... A friend got it and we sold it off after just 5 days... Very terrible camera.
Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by bejeria101(m): 11:19am On May 25, 2018
BadBradley:

Oh, man is wiki a personal website too? How come you're deflecting the facts with irrelevant issues.

These are the facts.

* Transsion Holdings announced its recent devices use Corning Gorrila glass and Corning doesn't list Tecno or infinix or Itel as OEMs using its technology or hardware

* Transsion Holdings says some of its devices use Qualcomm's Snapdragon chipset. Again Qualcomm didn't list Tecno or infinix or Itel using its Chipset.

* Two global bodies, the EC and FCC certify all global brands to affirm they comply with international standards. Transsion Holdings do not send their models to these bodies for certification.

I understand why you choose to avoid facts for cheap smear, afterall, it's not a nice realisation that you're a consequence of scam.

Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by Nobody: 11:26am On May 25, 2018
greenhulk:

Fyi, ZTE ,huawei phones are sold in the US. Recently, congress voted to ban ZTE devices

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NIN Link: Airtel Camera Couldn't Capture My Face Because Of My Eye - Man Cries / MTN To Acquire DSTV And Gotv / [NEW!] Mtn Unlimited Browsing For All!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 161
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.