Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! (54354 Views)

India's First 32-inch QLED TV From Infinix Will Go On Sale Soon At A Fair Price / Tecno, Infinix And Itel Are Not Used In China Where They Are Produced / Is This Why Tecno Phones Are Crap. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by ZarahBuhari: 7:39am On May 25, 2018
Well, maybe
Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by johnmattew: 7:41am On May 25, 2018
greenhulk:

Simople question is why don't Xiaomi, Huawei, ZTE, Oppo, etc sell their phones in the US. At least these are bigger names. If those ones no fit enter who come be small Tecno?
all those OEMs sell phones in USA except zTE that got banned by trump last month.....they are negotiating with trump to resume sale

3 Likes

Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by Nobody: 7:48am On May 25, 2018
johnmattew:
all those OEMs sell phones in USA except zTE that got banned by trump last month.....they are negotiating with trump to resume sale

Lol, no they don't. Pls get ur facts right before posting, no need to get sentimental. U can get from 3rd party online stores like Amazon but not made for the US market, its global unlocked version with NO WARRANTY and sometimes don't work with some US 4g networks.

2 Likes

Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by savio93(m): 7:50am On May 25, 2018
I'm using Xiaomi and I'm loving this phone like mad
Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by henrixx(m): 7:52am On May 25, 2018
Samsung c7 pro for sale at 76k
4gbram 64gbrom 16mp front and back 4glte 3300mah
Slim and rugged

Call or Watsap 08062292514

Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by Acidosis(m): 7:54am On May 25, 2018
BadBradley:

Oh, man is wiki a personal website too? How come you're deflecting the facts with irrelevant issues.

These are the facts.

* Transsion Holdings announced its recent devices use Corning Gorrila glass and Corning doesn't list Tecno or infinix or Itel as OEMs using its technology or hardware

* Transsion Holdings says some of its devices use Qualcomm's Snapdragon chipset. Again Qualcomm didn't list Tecno or infinix or Itel using its Chipset.

* Two global bodies, the EC and FCC certify all global brands to affirm they comply with international standards. Transsion Holdings do not send their models to these bodies for certification.

I understand why you choose to avoid facts for cheap smear, afterall, it's not a nice realisation that you're a consequence of scam.

It is better to spend 50 years of your life sleeping than spend 50 mins educating a matured and arrogant educated illiterate.

Stop wasting your time bro. Those who care to know already know.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by Badookelzi(m): 7:54am On May 25, 2018
johnmattew:

even if tecno enters US market, they may end up selling less than 100 phones yearly
US are already accustomed to iphone,samsung galaxy,lg,motorola any chinese brand going there is certainly wasting their time

1 Like

Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by Nobody: 7:54am On May 25, 2018
polimaf:
You don't understand international business yet @op. what will you say about Oppo in India, Imobile in France, and other phones in several countries that are not global?

You don't understand the whole phone business thing, just drop your pen and go to sleep.
No sire, its not about business but standards and ethics, these tecno and co claim what they dont have and unfortunately our ncc, son n co are not half useful as dead dogs.

2 Likes

Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by DollarAngel(m): 7:56am On May 25, 2018
Please am I the only one? Whoelse has regretted or his regretting why he bought Tecno K7 or K9. I tell you this with all modesty, temerity and bravado Tecno phones are Shit and substandard

1 Like

Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by helpishere(m): 7:58am On May 25, 2018
Drdreyy:
What is wrong with this guy Are you been paid to bring these phone brands down or what? Why do you keep creating threads to tarnish the image of these phone manufacturers?

Simply because you were unfortunate to purchase a defective unit from one of these manufacturers is not enough reason to come here and condemn all of them.... I can remember i bought one infinix some time in early 2015, and it's still working perfectly up till now even after falling severally. Although I have given it out and the person is still using it.
Read and always read. He said it is not sold in the US and Europe and it does not have all the claims they claim to have.
Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by Mufasa27(m): 8:01am On May 25, 2018
Techno,Infinix,itel are made for 3rd world countries.
Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by iAmPhyton: 8:01am On May 25, 2018
There's a lot of truth in this finally, sha! undecided But let's look at it as a way of bringing cheap phones with average specs into the Nigerian market. tongue
Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by Eagba(m): 8:04am On May 25, 2018
Drdreyy:

Don't mind the pained nigga, he probably bought a defective unit from one of those phone manufacturers and he is here ranting and hating. This is not the first thread he will create to vent his anger/frustration.
as you're vehemently defending a foreign brand, i see your intelligence.
Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by johnmattew: 8:07am On May 25, 2018
greenhulk:

Lol, no they don't. Pls get ur facts right before posting, no need to get sentimental. U can get from 3rd party online stores like Amazon but not made for the US market, its global unlocked version with NO WARRANTY and sometimes don't work with some US 4g networks.
are u saying Huawei isn't selling it phones in USA?

I know if Xiaomi that isn't in USA cos of it last patent infringement
Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by georgecso(m): 8:12am On May 25, 2018
I knew these guys were only selling Battery and Camera for us, anything besides it is just crap.

1 Like

Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by Apelex(m): 8:14am On May 25, 2018
BadBradley:
Why Tecno, Infinix And itel Don't sell in Europe And US!

After my factual evaluation of transsion Holdings products, namely Tecno, Itel, and infix,  http://lodega.com/community/phones-and-tablets/why-every-sensible-nigerian-should-avoid-tecno-infinix-and-itel-brands/ a lot of fan-boys blew their top with emotional reactions. Some deftly pointed out I was on a propaganda mission to kill off the brand, others claimed I was a Samsung fan boy even when I never extolled Samsung.

The  truth is Tecno, infinix and Itel are getting better daily, the only problem is they are using poor, ignorant Africans as beta testers of their subpar phones and getting richer for it by selling lies, using bloggers to claim features their phones don't have or hardware it isn't equipped with.

So the ugly truth is that Africans are testing these phones without any international standard certificate or FCC or EC seal of conformity.

This is why Tecno, Infinix is avoiding regions of the world where strict conformity in regulation are observed, e.g US and EU. Because not one single Transsion Holdings brand could be found in these countries!

But Alas, true global Chinese brands like Xaomi, ZTE, Huawei, Gionee etc are all over US and Europe, because unlike Tecno they all got their international standard conformity approved and verified both by EU and US regulatory bodies.

Worthy of note is that HTC originating from a tiny country like Taiwan built the first android phone, the G1 and it's a global brand.

So the big question is why is Tecno and infinix hiding in Africa and India? Why isn't Tecno or infinix carrying EC and FCC seals?

Notably, one overzealous fanboy went about to claim infinix, one of Transsion Holdings brands uses Corning Gorrila glass on its phone when a listing of  brands using Corning doesn't show any Transsion Holdings brand using its product or technology. Yet it is claimed that Infinix Zero 5 uses Corning Gorilla Glass 3.

Yes we found other Chinese brands like Huawei, Xaomi, ZTE, Gionee etc. But no Tecno or Itel or Infinix. To see list of devices using Corning Gorrila glass see https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_devices_with_Gorilla_Glass

Also a list of OEMs and mobile manufacturers using Qualcomm chipset did not appear to list Transsion Holdings as using its chipsets. Yet Tecno claims an Infinix model uses Qualcomm's Snapdragon 400 series. It's a barefaced lie!

For list of companies using Snapdragon 400 series see here  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Qualcomm_Snapdragon_systems-on-chip

We cannot afford to take the claims of Transsion Holdings at face value when no reputable, globally acknowledged critic/journalist have listed or reviewed this devices for what they truly are. For what we know, Transsion Holdings is exploiting poor regions of the world with lies and false claims.

Source: www.lodega.com

I once made similar research. But just download CPU-Z.
That's concerning the snapdragon. They actually didn't lie. Have forgotten the particular model name but it's risky the 400.
Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by madridguy(m): 8:15am On May 25, 2018
Following....
Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by Nobody: 8:21am On May 25, 2018
I used to tell my friends who are Techno users that nothing on earth would make me use a Techno phone, and each time I remind them, they get angry.

Why on earth would anyone buy a Techno worth of 35k when you can buy a Samsung for 50?
Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by lonngmann(m): 8:21am On May 25, 2018
BadBradley:

I understand why you choose to avoid facts for cheap smear, afterall, it's not a nice realisation that you're a consequence of scam.
Gbam!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by shotuns: 8:22am On May 25, 2018
This isnt about tanishing anybody's image, it is simply educating the people especially Nigerians who cant read or can read but careless or has no idea of what they buying but simply because it is readily available and cheap. I wont blame the consumers , the situation of the country warrants this. Ye shall know the truth and shall set you free. Have you ever wondered why the so called phones arent in use where they claim to be nanufactured from ? You cant find them in their market either Because it is specially made for Africans, purposely to make huge profit.
Knowledge is power. Lets appreciate the OP.

Drdreyy:
What is wrong with this guy Are you been paid to bring these phone brands down or what? Why do you keep creating threads to tarnish the image of these phone manufacturers?

Simply because you were unfortunate to purchase a defective unit from one of these manufacturers is not enough reason to come here and condemn all of them.... I can remember i bought one infinix some time in early 2015, and it's still working perfectly up till now even after falling severally. Although I have given it out and the person is still using it.

1 Like

Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by Nobody: 8:22am On May 25, 2018
johnmattew:
are u saying Huawei isn't selling it phones in USA?

I know if Xiaomi that isn't in USA cos of it last patent infringement

Nope, Huawei don't make or sell their phones in the US. U cannot go to at&t, verizon or sprint to purchase a Huawei phone. U can only buy the international unlocked versions from online stores and they come with no warranty. What does that mean, u spend $800 on a phone and within a week u find out it has some factory problems or that u don't like it, my guy u are screwed, no returns, no replacements. Mind u the US have been spoiled with these services. You can buy a Samsung phone and still return it within 30 days if u don't like it, u can't do that with Huawei because they are not officially sold in the US.

1 Like

Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by Lnzy: 8:23am On May 25, 2018
greenhulk:

Simople question is why don't Xiaomi, Huawei, ZTE, Oppo, etc sell their phones in the US. At least these are bigger names. If those ones no fit enter who come be small Tecno?
Boss, the issue is not about penetrating US and European market, even bigger brands like the HTC, Sony are having a tough time competing with Apple and Samsung. The problem I have with techno, itel, infinix and other like brands is the way they quote specifications. Like the example the OP gave, you shouldn't tell me your product has a corning gorilla glass 3 , when Corning Inc. that makes the glass doesn't even know you exist.
Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by MrMcJay(m): 8:25am On May 25, 2018
In China where Transsion Holdings get their phones from, you dare not sell crap like Tecno or Infinix.

If you dare advertise Tecno or Infinix in China, you'll be executed for selling an inferior product.

7 Likes

Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by Acheron: 8:27am On May 25, 2018
greenhulk:

Hmm, You can't live without me u had to mention my name. Anyway let me make this brief.

Yes Tecno, Infinix and Itel don't market their phones in the US, I don't even think they intend to, at least not in the nearest future. The US smartphone market is saturated and the US are critical of Chinese phones. Tecno is just a small company. Before u attack Tecno, first answer this question. Why do Xioami, Oppo, Huawei, ZTE don't sell their phones in the US. These are bigger names than Tecno. Aha.. so there is ur answer. So if those big guns can't enter the US, who come be small Tecno?

And to answer ur questions about alternative phones to buy.. first I need to make it clear. I don't use any Transsion phone. Though my wife uses Infinix hot 4 Pro which has been serving her since 2016. I also bought an infinix hot s same time she bought hers which was my second phone while Galaxy s6 was my main phone. I've long sold mine. It was a decent phone, though I had to change the charging port once, and my wife has also changed her charging port, but phone is still serving her. Now that we have gotten that out of the way, as a lot of people already know, my daily driver right now is LG V20 which has been phenomenal and I don't have any reason to change it right now. But there are lots of things people look for in a phone. Because I'm a heavy user doesn't mean everyone has to be a heavy user. Because I can buy a used flagship doesn't mean everyone has to buy a used phone, some people want their phones brand new.

Let's see some of the phones u mentioned
LG G5: u said its 50k, show me the shop where it is sold for 50k brand new
LG G6: Again show me where it is sold, LG didn't even sell this phone in Nigeria. The used one is sold for around 100k and above

Samsung galaxy s6: I can't even recommend this for my enemy. Very poor battery life, still over 50k for used one
Samsung galaxy s7/edge: Brand new one is still over 170k, used one between 80-120k
HTC 10: This one no even dey market, show me where it is sold
HTC U11: bro are u just mentioning phones for the sake of it? HTC didn't sell this phone in Nigeria, the used one is still over 100k
Sony Xperia XZ and XZ premium: I give up. Do u have any of these for sale at 60k? I will buy 3

I know u can order for these phones from overseas but how many people do u think have the time to order phones. So someone cannot enter a shop and buy a phone to start using immediately again abi? Me I don't have a problem ordering phone any product, but everyone cannot be like me, majority still prefer to enter shop buy what they want. And not everyone will like used phones.
Lol I don't know much about phones but bro, you lied somewhere. Huawei, Xiaomi sells in the US. This is a fact.
Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by Tunagee(m): 8:29am On May 25, 2018
Badookelzi:

even if tecno enters US market, they may end up selling less than 100 phones yearly
US are already accustomed to iphone,samsung galaxy,lg,motorola any chinese brand going there is certainly wasting their time

Note: Motorola is now under a Chinese brand called Lenovo.
Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by luckyogor(m): 8:29am On May 25, 2018
Transsion holdings are business savvy people,the population of asia and africa obliterates that of europe and america and why the bleep do they need to sell in europe and america when they gat africa and asia infiltrate, my peeps,asia and africa are the new brides of mother earth and why bother to go and compete with the likes of samsung and ipone in Europe and america,bleep all those international certification bullshit mehn,we aint in the colonial times no more.

1 Like

Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by Kobicove(m): 8:29am On May 25, 2018
Badookelzi:
This Guy Is Looking For Website Visitors, Nothing More

What he said is true.

Unfortunately there is little anyone can do about it cos poor countries tend to be dumping grounds for poor quality products undecided
Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by strykr: 8:30am On May 25, 2018
US and EU certification my ass. That’s how such neo-colonialist mentality made me buy a BLU studio phone after my hot note pro got stolen. My people I saw hell with that phone...swollen battery, incompatible network bands, shitty camera, poor plastic finishing... a phone I bought for almost 70k in 2016. A phone that is manufactured and produced in the USA with all their shitty certifications. Had to get an infinix that is going over 2 years now..no issues at all, despite a broken and mutilated screen. Op you have no idea the politics and sentiments involved in the phone business. Just use what works for you and shut the hell up.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by standbusy: 8:31am On May 25, 2018
you are talking out of point .
Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by Phonecorridor: 8:36am On May 25, 2018
BadBradley:
Why Tecno, Infinix And itel Don't sell in Europe And US!

After my factual evaluation of transsion Holdings products, namely Tecno, Itel, and infix,  http://lodega.com/community/phones-and-tablets/why-every-sensible-nigerian-should-avoid-tecno-infinix-and-itel-brands/ a lot of fan-boys blew their top with emotional reactions. Some deftly pointed out I was on a propaganda mission to kill off the brand, others claimed I was a Samsung fan boy even when I never extolled Samsung.

The  truth is Tecno, infinix and Itel are getting better daily, the only problem is they are using poor, ignorant Africans as beta testers of their subpar phones and getting richer for it by selling lies, using bloggers to claim features their phones don't have or hardware it isn't equipped with.

So the ugly truth is that Africans are testing these phones without any international standard certificate or FCC or EC seal of conformity.

This is why Tecno, Infinix is avoiding regions of the world where strict conformity in regulation are observed, e.g US and EU. Because not one single Transsion Holdings brand could be found in these countries!

But Alas, true global Chinese brands like Xaomi, ZTE, Huawei, Gionee etc are all over US and Europe, because unlike Tecno they all got their international standard conformity approved and verified both by EU and US regulatory bodies.

Worthy of note is that HTC originating from a tiny country like Taiwan built the first android phone, the G1 and it's a global brand.

So the big question is why is Tecno and infinix hiding in Africa and India? Why isn't Tecno or infinix carrying EC and FCC seals?

Notably, one overzealous fanboy went about to claim infinix, one of Transsion Holdings brands uses Corning Gorrila glass on its phone when a listing of  brands using Corning doesn't show any Transsion Holdings brand using its product or technology. Yet it is claimed that Infinix Zero 5 uses Corning Gorilla Glass 3.

Yes we found other Chinese brands like Huawei, Xaomi, ZTE, Gionee etc. But no Tecno or Itel or Infinix. To see list of devices using Corning Gorrila glass see https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_devices_with_Gorilla_Glass

Also a list of OEMs and mobile manufacturers using Qualcomm chipset did not appear to list Transsion Holdings as using its chipsets. Yet Tecno claims an Infinix model uses Qualcomm's Snapdragon 400 series. It's a barefaced lie!

For list of companies using Snapdragon 400 series see here  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Qualcomm_Snapdragon_systems-on-chip

We cannot afford to take the claims of Transsion Holdings at face value when no reputable, globally acknowledged critic/journalist have listed or reviewed this devices for what they truly are. For what we know, Transsion Holdings is exploiting poor regions of the world with lies and false claims.

Source: www.lodega.com

Haaa, Guy wetin be this, So Xiaomi, OPPO, Huawei are selling in the US? He even mentioned Gionee, lobatan!!!, do your research well

If you want to know which features a phone uses, download AnTuTu Benchmark or even CPU - Z. No brand can say is using Snapdragon chipset when is not.

Greenhulk has done justice to your doubts, so I don't have much to say.
Re: This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! by i2talk: 8:36am On May 25, 2018
Tecno and infinix phones are scam...
Nonsense

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

MTN-Branded Opera Mini: How To Download / NIN Link: Airtel Camera Couldn't Capture My Face Because Of My Eye - Man Cries / MTN To Acquire DSTV And Gotv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.