Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,443 members, 7,816,020 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

Maradona Says He Will Run N.A.K.E.D. If Argentina Wins The World Cup - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Maradona Says He Will Run N.A.K.E.D. If Argentina Wins The World Cup (1626 Views)

When Will Dwayne Johnson (a.k.a The Rock) Stop Buttoning His Sleeves? (photo) / Messi Vs Maradona Vs Pele. Who Is The Greatest Footballer Of All Time? / Nigeria Vs Argentina 2011 Friendly: 4 - 1 (Eagles Thump Argies) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Maradona Says He Will Run N.A.K.E.D. If Argentina Wins The World Cup by snowdrops(m): 10:56pm On May 26, 2010
Diego Maradona has promised to run unclothed through the centre of Buenos Aires if Argentina wins the World Cup.

The Argentina coach made the promise during a radio show. The unpredictable Maradona was speaking a day after Argentina defeated Canada 5-0 in its final warmup match before the World Cup.

"If we win the World Cup, I'll get unclothed and run around the Obelisk," he said Tuesday, referring to the tall monument that marks the centre of the city and serves as its most famous landmark.

Maradona's response came after a reporter asked him in the interview what he would do if his team returned to Argentina with its third World Cup title.

In the same interview, Maradona said he had to explain to Lionel Messi why he did not play against Canada. Messi is the reigning FIFA player of the year, but sat out the match to protect him against possible injury.

"If something would have happened to you in that match, I'd have been kicked -- you can imagine where," Maradona said.

Maradona has the luxury of choosing between some of the world's best forwards. In addition to Messi, he can use Carlos Tevez, Gonzalo Higuain, Diego Milito, Sergio Aguero and Martin Palermo.

Argentina plays in Group B, opening against Nigeria on June 12. The team also faces Greece and South Korea.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/fifaworldcup/argentina/story/2010/05/26/sp-maradona-celebration.html
Re: Maradona Says He Will Run N.A.K.E.D. If Argentina Wins The World Cup by tayoast(m): 11:31pm On May 26, 2010
hiss.
He's neva gon' win it.
nobody wants 2 c him naked anywayzzz
Re: Maradona Says He Will Run N.A.K.E.D. If Argentina Wins The World Cup by snowdrops(m): 11:33pm On May 26, 2010
tayo_ast:

hiss.
He's neva gon' win it.

Yes he can

tayo_ast:

nobody wants 2 c him unclothed anywayzzz

Would be interesting to see the size of his rod tongue
Re: Maradona Says He Will Run N.A.K.E.D. If Argentina Wins The World Cup by tayoast(m): 11:36pm On May 26, 2010
^^save it!!
if na Mourinho, we for understand.
Maradona's SHORT!!! and FAT!!
Re: Maradona Says He Will Run N.A.K.E.D. If Argentina Wins The World Cup by snowdrops(m): 11:46pm On May 26, 2010
tayo_ast:

^^save it!!
if na Mourinho, we for understand.
Maradona's SHORT!!! and FAT!!

he may be short and fat but when it comes no football mourinho is no where nea him.

Mourinho was a rubbish footballer. Diego a legend and still is.
Re: Maradona Says He Will Run N.A.K.E.D. If Argentina Wins The World Cup by tayoast(m): 11:49pm On May 26, 2010
no one but snowdrops is actually comparing an unknown Mourinho(as a footballer) with Legendary Maradona!
When it comes to coaching, they're worlds apart!!!
Re: Maradona Says He Will Run N.A.K.E.D. If Argentina Wins The World Cup by snowdrops(m): 11:59pm On May 26, 2010
tayo_ast:

When it comes to coaching, they're worlds apart!!![/b][/font][/color]

Again i disagree. Maradona is fresh as a coach. He qualified his country for the world cup despite the challenges.

You must reserve your judgement till after the world cup.

Mourinho started in a humble way himself and did not become what he is today overnight. Coaching a club you would agree with me is ping pong compared to coaching a national team.
Re: Maradona Says He Will Run N.A.K.E.D. If Argentina Wins The World Cup by tayoast(m): 12:02am On May 27, 2010
snowdrops:

Mourinho started in a humble way himself and did not become what he is today overnight. Coaching a club you would agree with me is ping pong compared to coaching a national team.

wow!! just like it was for Luis Felipe Scolari!!!
Re: Maradona Says He Will Run N.A.K.E.D. If Argentina Wins The World Cup by snowdrops(m): 12:05am On May 27, 2010
scolari never coached any club in europe before taking on the chelsea post

check out his record in club football in south america
Re: Maradona Says He Will Run N.A.K.E.D. If Argentina Wins The World Cup by tayoast(m): 12:09am On May 27, 2010
ds argument is not going anywhere.
lets just stop
Re: Maradona Says He Will Run N.A.K.E.D. If Argentina Wins The World Cup by snowdrops(m): 6:15pm On May 27, 2010
i was rather enjoying it cool
Re: Maradona Says He Will Run N.A.K.E.D. If Argentina Wins The World Cup by tayoast(m): 11:39pm On May 27, 2010
and it took you 24hrs 2 say that?
Re: Maradona Says He Will Run N.A.K.E.D. If Argentina Wins The World Cup by snowdrops(m): 11:46pm On May 27, 2010
are you talking to me or yourself. look at the time you posted and my response. do the maths
Re: Maradona Says He Will Run N.A.K.E.D. If Argentina Wins The World Cup by tayoast(m): 11:52pm On May 27, 2010
^^dont tell me ur optician's letting u down??
my post's 12.00am.
urs is 06.00pm?
Re: Maradona Says He Will Run N.A.K.E.D. If Argentina Wins The World Cup by snowdrops(m): 11:57pm On May 27, 2010
and is that 24 hours?

na "otakara" school you go? grin
Re: Maradona Says He Will Run N.A.K.E.D. If Argentina Wins The World Cup by tayoast(m): 12:01am On May 28, 2010
smh
Re: Maradona Says He Will Run N.A.K.E.D. If Argentina Wins The World Cup by snowdrops(m): 12:03am On May 28, 2010
interprete`?
Re: Maradona Says He Will Run N.A.K.E.D. If Argentina Wins The World Cup by tayoast(m): 12:09am On May 28, 2010
**shaking my head**. . .for U!
Re: Maradona Says He Will Run N.A.K.E.D. If Argentina Wins The World Cup by chidichris(m): 8:08am On May 28, 2010
maradonna can do anything and anyone in his shoes can do anything as well.
with drugs, all things are possible.
a man on drug has no difference with an accreditted madman.
argentina has an unpredictable man as a coach and anything can happen.
Re: Maradona Says He Will Run N.A.K.E.D. If Argentina Wins The World Cup by snowdrops(m): 8:22am On May 28, 2010
@ tayo_ast

you seem a confused soul.

kpele
Re: Maradona Says He Will Run N.A.K.E.D. If Argentina Wins The World Cup by otokx(m): 8:25am On May 28, 2010
Argentina like Spain and Holland have always been perennial underachievers; they will go far but stop just short of the world cup.
Re: Maradona Says He Will Run N.A.K.E.D. If Argentina Wins The World Cup by snowdrops(m): 8:35am On May 28, 2010
otokx:

Argentina like Spain and Holland have always been perennial underachievers; they will go far but stop just short of the world cup.

very true. but argentina has more success in the world cup.

i would rather call spain and the netherlands the underachievers
Re: Maradona Says He Will Run N.A.K.E.D. If Argentina Wins The World Cup by Nobody: 9:52am On May 28, 2010
@post
of course he will do it if they win, everybody in Argentina knows that this man IS crazy like that. . . . . . . . . and they have potential to go all the way (in my book).
Re: Maradona Says He Will Run N.A.K.E.D. If Argentina Wins The World Cup by Tattooboy: 11:04am On May 28, 2010
na him sabi
Re: Maradona Says He Will Run N.A.K.E.D. If Argentina Wins The World Cup by naso2(m): 12:09pm On May 28, 2010
Fifa will ensure that football does not come to that level of disrepute. He has just given Fifa an excuse to work against his team at the crucial stages of the competition.
Re: Maradona Says He Will Run N.A.K.E.D. If Argentina Wins The World Cup by Nobody: 12:38pm On May 28, 2010
^^^^^i think people should celebrate the way they want off the field. FIFA rules dont apply for the private lives of these people and each and everyone can celebrate such win how they well please.

whats next?! FIFA bans Chelsea player for fukcing teamates woman?! FIFA bans Brazilian player caught with a transvestite hooker?! lol
Re: Maradona Says He Will Run N.A.K.E.D. If Argentina Wins The World Cup by naso2(m): 3:03pm On May 28, 2010
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
And who talked about a ban here? embarassed
Re: Maradona Says He Will Run N.A.K.E.D. If Argentina Wins The World Cup by Nobody: 5:07pm On May 28, 2010
^^^^well, how would/could FIFA stop Maradona from streaking (or doing anything he pleases) if its not via a ban threat?
Re: Maradona Says He Will Run N.A.K.E.D. If Argentina Wins The World Cup by naso2(m): 5:15pm On May 28, 2010
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
He can be stopped, not by banning, but by ensuring that argentina does not win the WC. Fifa has sufficient wherewithal to do that without anyone noticing.
Re: Maradona Says He Will Run N.A.K.E.D. If Argentina Wins The World Cup by Nobody: 5:19pm On May 28, 2010
^^^^^^ ah my bad, i misunderstood you.
yes, they can possibly do that and more but i think that they would do that for something greater than just Maradona acting a fool.
Re: Maradona Says He Will Run N.A.K.E.D. If Argentina Wins The World Cup by tayoast(m): 7:51pm On May 28, 2010
snowdrops:

@ tayo_ast

you seem a confused soul.

kpele

smh
Re: Maradona Says He Will Run N.A.K.E.D. If Argentina Wins The World Cup by SeanLewis(m): 10:12pm On May 29, 2010
shocked i neva doubted the man, i wuld close ma eyes if i see d dangling mojo jojo jojo grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

The World's Highest Goalscoring Keeper Scores A Free-kick / You Want To Be Able To Control Your Nervousness? Go Learn Swimming / 5 Revealing Facts About Chelsea Manager-antonio Conte.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.