Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup (86702 Views)

Poll: Predict the results of Nigeria's match versus Argentina.

Nigeria wins!: 51% (179 votes)
Draw: 21% (75 votes)
Argentina wins!: 26% (93 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 / 2014 WC Qualifier : Malawi Vs Nigeria (1 - 1) On June 9 2012 / Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (87) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by kelveev(f): 9:10am On Jun 09, 2010
i believe naija would be victorious
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by ayo84(m): 9:13am On Jun 09, 2010
keeping my fingers crossed,but still supporting argentina on this one
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by bisiaet: 9:23am On Jun 09, 2010
Well as per everybody rating and rating Argentina so high its ok and fine but there is no point of much speculations Saturday June 12 will settle the whole issue. Possibly the Argentine may indivually scores 1,000 goals altogether wherever they play for it deosnt seems to count at all because upon all the goals and perfomances the big question is "Did Argentina really qualify for World Cup in a right manner as their name and achievement count? The answer is No. If not for FIFA that overnight changed rules of the game to bring in big names like these so called Argentina and France by now they should have be in their homes watching the world cup, so where are all thses 1,000 goal scorers when they failed to meet up for qualification to world cup?

I agree they will beat us but for sure it wont be as bad as people are crying it. Infact if anybody think heaven will rain on Nigeria on Saturday the case might be reverse surprisingly. I am not afraid of the Argentina in any way because to me they did not qualify for world cup it was FIFA that qaulify them so it does ntot matter whether they are Aliens or or ghost players or superhuman, or 1,000 goals scorer or whatever I am sick of all these uneccessary underating Nigeria it really made me sick.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Ajayi123: 9:31am On Jun 09, 2010
You see patriotism is always a very admirable quality so I urge all Nigerians to stay patriotic and support our dear eagles. But when patriotism meets realism we need to talk small true. The last match on Sunday against North Korea which the eagles won 3-1 by shear ojoro and referee bias still showed that under unbiased conditions against a team like argentina o boy na wa-o; the result is better imagined than watched. I mean how can anyone explain a clear square pass made to an unmarked opponent by a supposedly professional left full back called Elderson Echiejile who definitely will be flying the nations colours at the mundial, in his own goal area? I mean even division 3 players in european clubsides know that they don't make square passes in the defence to eliminate the possibility of it being picked up by an oncoming attacker. In his own case, the opponent was virtually standing there, Echiejile looked up towards him and passed it directly to him and ofcourse that was what resulted in the lone goal that the Koreans scored. It was served so much on a platter of Gold that even my wife would have scored it. I am personally very worried for Saturday and I think all well meaning Nigerians ought to be too. Save what God is capable of doing. angry
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by mitchella1: 9:47am On Jun 09, 2010
why is lagerfront i mean lagerback not taking ike uche, he now took kalu uche, wen mikel sed hez not cmn he nw took ideye dat we dont kno, i nu kno wetin d gy dey do o, buh naija don win sha 1-0 martins go score headee grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by category(m): 9:49am On Jun 09, 2010
My naija bouyz 'll nt leave dat field without a point @ least.
Mark ma words for real!
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Nobody: 10:18am On Jun 09, 2010
Chakula
ARGENTINA PLAYERS

MESSI – 47 GOALS

MILITO – 30 GOALS

TEVEZ – 29 GOALS

HIGUAIN – 27 GOALS

KUN AGUERO – 20 GOALS

ANGELO di MARIA- 18 GOALS

TOTAL = 171. GOALS THIS SEASON

NIGERIAN PLAYERS

OBAFEMI MARTINS - 5 GOALS

OBASI OGBUKE - 4 GOALS

YAKUBU AIYEGBENI - 3 GOALS

KALU UCHE - 3 GOALS

OBINNA NSOFOR - 1. GOAL

IK UCHE - 0 GOALS

TOTAL = 16 GOALS THIS SEASON.

We don die!

Na you don die. Ediot angry

Where and when did they scored all these goals you guys and banding around
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by bisiaet: 10:33am On Jun 09, 2010
Good question(Poster Ilugunboy) Pls ask them ooo to give us the proof where all these goals came from
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by category(m): 10:33am On Jun 09, 2010
Maradona will be Argentine's undoing on d day!
He has d players but am nt too sure he knows how to harness them
to get the result.
Am nt puttin my heart on the birds (Eagles) but it may not be too disappointing
as it is on paper!
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by DrKitaun(m): 10:35am On Jun 09, 2010
Ajayi123:

You see patriotism is always a very admirable quality so I urge all Nigerians to stay patriotic and support our dear eagles. But when patriotism meets realism we need to talk small true. The last match on Sunday against North Korea which the eagles won 3-1 by shear ojoro and referee bias still showed that under unbiased conditions against a team like argentina o boy na wa-o; the result is better imagined than watched. I mean how can anyone explain a clear square pass made to an unmarked opponent by a supposedly professional left full back called Elderson Echiejile who definitely will be flying the nations colours at the mundial, in his own goal area? I mean even division 3 players in european clubsides know that they don't make square passes in the defence to eliminate the possibility of it being picked up by an oncoming attacker. In his own case, the opponent was virtually standing there, Echiejile looked up towards him and passed it directly to him and ofcourse that was what resulted in the lone goal that the Koreans scored. It was served so much on a platter of Gold that even my wife would have scored it. I am personally very worried for Saturday and I think all well meaning Nigerians ought to be too. Save what God is capable of doing. angry

u dont have a clue dawg !

and I doubt u even know what the game FOOTBALL is all about  cool
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by omamokta: 10:41am On Jun 09, 2010
I believe this guy is an Argentine, he cant dampen our spirit now. Argentines have a good team but do they have a good coach? What is Maradona's pedigree. I no cut liver my guy, i believe Super Eagles will suprise the world. UP SUPER EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by vokeefe50: 10:57am On Jun 09, 2010
bisiaet:

Well as per everybody rating and rating Argentina so high its ok and fine but there is no point of much speculations Saturday June 12 will settle the whole issue. Possibly the Argentine may indivually scores 1,000 goals altogether wherever they play for it deosnt seems to count at all because upon all the goals and perfomances the big question is "Did Argentina really qualify for World Cup in a right manner as their name and achievement count? The answer is No. If not for FIFA that overnight changed rules of the game to bring in big names like these so called Argentina and France by now they should have be in their homes watching the world cup, so where are all thses 1,000 goal scorers when they failed to meet up for qualification to world cup?

I agree they will beat us but for sure it wont be as bad as people are crying it. Infact if anybody think heaven will rain on Nigeria on Saturday the case might be reverse surprisingly. I am not afraid of the Argentina in any way because to me they did not qualify for world cup it was FIFA that qaulify them so it does ntot matter whether they are Aliens or or ghost players or superhuman, or 1,000 goals scorer or whatever I am sick of all these uneccessary underating Nigeria it really made me sick.

i think you are absolutely right
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by modupea: 11:09am On Jun 09, 2010
Messi scored zero goals for argentina despite playing all matches during qualification. He got booed at the stadium behind his house in Argentina against Brazil.
Higuain had a better goal rate of one goal in 3 matches.
Where were Aguero, Tevez and Millito during the qualifying matches.
As an individual player in their respective clubs, they are wonderful because they have wonderful players supporting them.
I am not taking anything away from them but it had never being on a platter of gold for Argentina to beat Nigeria and I don't see this one differently.
I expect a good match but it will be okay if the referee do not fall to the antics of diving Argentines.
For me, I will support my National team anyday.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by shollybest: 11:12am On Jun 09, 2010
Let the coach start an Adeleye Yobo Taye and odia parings at the back
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Ajayi123: 11:13am On Jun 09, 2010
UP Super Eagles!!!!!!. If dem win na me go be the first to dey down bottles of lager. But you know what? Make we dey look,
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Ajayi123: 11:17am On Jun 09, 2010
Abeg Dr Kitaun,

Educate me about what the game of football is all about grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by visionsen(m): 11:23am On Jun 09, 2010
No need to fight the, Nigeria is the Ant in this soccer war
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by hIJOlIBrE: 11:30am On Jun 09, 2010
It's going to be a tough one. Everybody knows of Messi and his habit of mess up everything. I have a feeling that we are bound to lose in this match, undecided undecided
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Nobody: 11:32am On Jun 09, 2010
To be patriotic or sentimental about my country Nigeria is good even in football. But the truth on Saturday is World cup is result is: NIGERIA 0 - 3 ARGENTINA.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Nobody: 11:35am On Jun 09, 2010
Am surely taken notes of all you pessimists here grin.

I will be waiting for you after Nigeria must have secured a good result against the Argies on saturday. tongue
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by knick(m): 12:45pm On Jun 09, 2010
Let da Heavens drop,let da Argentines bring it, still i feel 9ja da more.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Ajayi123: 12:45pm On Jun 09, 2010
undecided
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by PurestBoy(m): 2:07pm On Jun 09, 2010
bisiaet:

Well as per everybody rating and rating Argentina so high its ok and fine but there is no point of much speculations Saturday June 12 will settle the whole issue. Possibly the Argentine may indivually scores 1,000 goals altogether wherever they play for it deosnt seems to count at all because upon all the goals and perfomances the big question is "[b]Did Argentina really qualify for World Cup in a right manner as their name and achievement count?[/b] The answer is No. If not for FIFA that overnight changed rules of the game to bring in big names like these so called Argentina and France by now they should have be in their homes watching the world cup, so where are all thses 1,000 goal scorers when they failed to meet up for qualification to world cup?

Shut up please cos u don't know anything about football. Argentina were the 4th on their table because they won their last 2 matches. The team that played the qualifying stage is totally different from the WC team. The qualifier's team comprises mainly their home based players who dependly solely on Messi. So don't even compare the qualities of the Argentines to The Eagles that could not beat Ghana and Tunisia and pray that Messi has mercy on us on Saturday.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by zenus(m): 3:12pm On Jun 09, 2010
i beleive these boyz can supress
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jun 09, 2010
Shut up please cos u don't know anything about football. Argentina were the 4th on their table because they won their last 2 matches. The team that played the qualifying stage is totally different from the WC team. The qualifier's team comprises mainly their home based players who dependly solely on Messi. So don't even compare the qualities of the Argentines to The Eagles that could not beat Ghana and Tunisia and pray that Messi has mercy on us on Saturday.

It you that should shut up! angry. So what are you going to do if the Argies finally managed to go on top on us on Saturday, invite you friends to the club and drink all nite?.

Must you fools type anything here just to increase your post counts? angry
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Destinyrap: 3:49pm On Jun 09, 2010
Nigeria will score 1st in the match.The problem is their ability to secure the win.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jun 09, 2010
People should stop behaving as if they dont know nada about football cos a Nigeria Super Eagles who just got lucky to play in this world cup is facing Argentina. The best result Nigerian team can get is losing by 3 goal to nothing. Messi must score atleast  1 of d Argentine 3 goals and Eyeama will be the man of the match!
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by hbrednic: 4:26pm On Jun 09, 2010
bisiaet:

Well as per everybody rating and rating Argentina so high its ok and fine but there is no point of much speculations Saturday June 12 will settle the whole issue. Possibly the Argentine may indivually scores 1,000 goals altogether wherever they play for it deosnt seems to count at all because upon all the goals and perfomances the big question is "Did Argentina really qualify for World Cup in a right manner as their name and achievement count? The answer is No. If not for FIFA that overnight changed rules of the game to bring in big names like these so called Argentina and France by now they should have be in their homes watching the world cup, [b]so where are all thses 1,000 goal scorers when they failed to meet up for qualification to world cup?[/b
it is obvious you know nothing about football,not even the rules embarassed
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by hIJOlIBrE: 4:32pm On Jun 09, 2010
Just recall the match between Nigeria and Kenya. It was just sheer luck that we even qualified. And you know very well that Kenya has not even made it to the world cup in near decades but they somehow managed to put in two goals in the net. It is obvious that Argentina will beat us anyway.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by hbrednic: 4:33pm On Jun 09, 2010
ilugunboy:

Chakula
Na you don die. Ediot angry
Where and when did they scored all these goals you guys and banding around
you must have been watching cricket through out last season  grin  grin
now use your google on football topic  tongue
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by emmydee(m): 4:45pm On Jun 09, 2010
God will see us through
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by sultan003(m): 5:11pm On Jun 09, 2010
@hbrednic. if these guys(messi,, etc) are so good, why didnt they score all those goal during the qualifying series? How many goals have they scored when playing for argentina since the past two years?

Club Setting is different from National team Setting especially for messi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (87) (Reply)

Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 (0 - 2) On 29th January 2013 / Maradona Kissing A Blonde Lady In Stadium While France Thrashed Argentina / Female MTN Marathon Runner Pulled Down Her Pants Midway While Running (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.