Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,475 members, 7,816,119 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

8 Urine Colours And What Each Say About Your Health - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 8 Urine Colours And What Each Say About Your Health (79537 Views)

8 Urine Abnormality May Indicate Prostatitis / 8 Urine Colours And What Each Say About Your Health / 8 Urine Colours And What Each Say About Your Health (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Urine Colours And What Each Say About Your Health by Follygunners: 1:15am On May 26, 2018
I disagree with ur first point... You can't drink too much water, abeg!
Re: 8 Urine Colours And What Each Say About Your Health by wealthyhenry(m): 1:48am On May 26, 2018
jtjohn:
Let us face it, most of us don't give much thought to our pee before we flush it out of sight.

But the basic details of your urine color, smell, and how often you go can give you a hint about what is going on inside your body.

A bunch of things in your body, like medications, foods, and illnesses, can affect how your urine turns out.

It may have a variety of colours, it usually ranges from deep amber or honey colour to light straw colour with golden variations in between.

The colour of urine can tell you a lot about your body.

8 urine colours and what each say about your health
The colour of urine can tell you a lot about your body. Photo: healthyyou.com
If everything is normal and healthy, the color should be a pale yellow to gold.

Here is a list of the urine colours and what they mean as compiled by TUKO.co.ke

1. Transparent or no colour.
You have been drinking a lot of water and might need to cut down on it.

2. Pale yellow.
You are normal, healthy and well hydrated.

3. Transparent Yellow.

You are normal

4.Dark Yellow
You are normal but might need to drink some water soon.

5. Brownish yellow
Sign of dehydration or a possible sign of liver disease.

6. Pinkish red
If you haven't eaten foods like carrots, blackberries or beetroots then this could be a possible sign of Kidney disease or, Urinary Tract Infections (UTI) or a tumor

7. Blue or Green
These are probably due to dyes in your food or meds you’ve taken. Possible sign of rare genetic disease if the color doesn’t go away after a short time.

8. Foamy
No matter what color it is, you should check in with your doctor if it consistently looks foamy and frothy. It may be a sign you have protein in your urine, which may mean you have a kidney disease.

Source: https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.tuko.co.ke/amp/274309-8-urine-colours-health.html
Trash. The more transparent and less colourful your urine is, the better. Yellowish urine is caused by excess ammonium acid that is toxic to the kidney. Hence the more colourless, the better...
Re: 8 Urine Colours And What Each Say About Your Health by Chigeorge2015(m): 2:24am On May 26, 2018
I've never in my life seen or heard of a blue or green coloured urine. And all these colours of urine, are they for real?
Re: 8 Urine Colours And What Each Say About Your Health by Nelson1235: 3:07am On May 26, 2018
Ogaslopp:
What of the one that is sweet like Fanta and yellow like sugar
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha u need some accolade.

1 Like

Re: 8 Urine Colours And What Each Say About Your Health by Eberechi24(f): 3:13am On May 26, 2018
noble2faith:
And we go dey cry sey make corruption leave dis country. Wetin mods of Nairaland dey do na corruption oo. Na me get dis thread. I post am 3 or 4 days ago. I think sey mod go put am for fp. Now sumbody repost my own post una put am for FP. This is unfair oo!!!

See proof sey na my post d guy copy.

https://www.nairaland.com/4516726/8-urine-colours-what-each

angry jtjohn, if you must repost someone's topic do acknowledge that person to avoid paying damages.
Intellectual theft is a crime
Re: 8 Urine Colours And What Each Say About Your Health by Julia345(f): 3:15am On May 26, 2018
Really? D pale yellow got me for a while now, was scared I'm sick. Wow, I love ds kinda news...tenks for d info...really helpful
Re: 8 Urine Colours And What Each Say About Your Health by Nelson1235: 3:17am On May 26, 2018
embarassedthis days I pee a lot and I'm worried because no water to flush am.
NEPA no d give light make person pump water. each time em d disturb me na only God knows Wetin I d think.
Re: 8 Urine Colours And What Each Say About Your Health by JoseRaji(m): 3:37am On May 26, 2018
Follygunners:
You can.
Re: 8 Urine Colours And What Each Say About Your Health by Festacbreed(m): 3:51am On May 26, 2018
Poorboy:
Black nko
[size=8pt][/size]

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Re: 8 Urine Colours And What Each Say About Your Health by LordReed(m): 4:56am On May 26, 2018
Teeisaac:
Wot of black colour

It's a sign you've been possessed by a demon.
Re: 8 Urine Colours And What Each Say About Your Health by madridguy(m): 5:08am On May 26, 2018
Thanks for sharing @ OP.
Re: 8 Urine Colours And What Each Say About Your Health by emmaak2(m): 6:01am On May 26, 2018
noble2faith:
And we go dey cry sey make corruption leave dis country. Wetin mods of Nairaland dey do na corruption oo. Na me get dis thread. I post am 3 or 4 days ago. I think sey mod go put am for fp. Now sumbody repost my own post una put am for FP. This is unfair oo!!!

See proof sey na my post d guy copy.

https://www.nairaland.com/4516726/8-urine-colours-what-each

Post relevant things like this with source to back it up
Re: 8 Urine Colours And What Each Say About Your Health by emperorblog(m): 6:20am On May 26, 2018
lemme read my comment in peace jare www.emperorblog.com.ng all d way

Re: 8 Urine Colours And What Each Say About Your Health by RandyX: 6:31am On May 26, 2018
Nice one
Re: 8 Urine Colours And What Each Say About Your Health by intercell: 7:04am On May 26, 2018
Op help... My wee wee is camouflage colour..! ! !
Re: 8 Urine Colours And What Each Say About Your Health by talk2emma: 7:08am On May 26, 2018
Op Blue and Green
Re: 8 Urine Colours And What Each Say About Your Health by OKorowanta: 7:15am On May 26, 2018
Educative.
Re: 8 Urine Colours And What Each Say About Your Health by Nobody: 7:41am On May 26, 2018
wandevincent:
Enlightening posts like this wont make FP but the useless and irrelevant ones will do......................smh for nairaland mods
is your head still shaking? If so, consult your physician. grin
Re: 8 Urine Colours And What Each Say About Your Health by Ghostmode2two(m): 7:49am On May 26, 2018
jtjohn:
Let us face it, most of us don't give much thought to our pee before we flush it out of sight.

But the basic details of your urine color, smell, and how often you go can give you a hint about what is going on inside your body.

A bunch of things in your body, like medications, foods, and illnesses, can affect how your urine turns out.

It may have a variety of colours, it usually ranges from deep amber or honey colour to light straw colour with golden variations in between.

The colour of urine can tell you a lot about your body.

8 urine colours and what each say about your health
The colour of urine can tell you a lot about your body. Photo: healthyyou.com
If everything is normal and healthy, the color should be a pale yellow to gold.

Here is a list of the urine colours and what they mean as compiled by TUKO.co.ke

1. Transparent or no colour.
You have been drinking a lot of water and might need to cut down on it.

2. Pale yellow.
You are normal, healthy and well hydrated.

3. Transparent Yellow.

You are normal

4.Dark Yellow
You are normal but might need to drink some water soon.

5. Brownish yellow
Sign of dehydration or a possible sign of liver disease.

6. Pinkish red
If you haven't eaten foods like carrots, blackberries or beetroots then this could be a possible sign of Kidney disease or, Urinary Tract Infections (UTI) or a tumor

7. Blue or Green
These are probably due to dyes in your food or meds you’ve taken. Possible sign of rare genetic disease if the color doesn’t go away after a short time.

8. Foamy
No matter what color it is, you should check in with your doctor if it consistently looks foamy and frothy. It may be a sign you have protein in your urine, which may mean you have a kidney disease.

Source: https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.tuko.co.ke/amp/274309-8-urine-colours-health.html

If you pee on the ground it is normal for the urine to be foamy and also if someone pee on the toilet and it hasn't been flushed then another uses it, it will be foamy so not all foamy urine means that such person has kidney problem
Re: 8 Urine Colours And What Each Say About Your Health by Kingsley10000: 7:59am On May 26, 2018
Lanretoye:
But dem tell us say yellow urine na sign of malaria.
no...malaria is lost of appetite and fatigue
Re: 8 Urine Colours And What Each Say About Your Health by olowobaba10: 8:45am On May 26, 2018
IF YOU HAVE FEVER\MALARIA OR TAKE TOO MUCH ALCOHOL, YOUR URINE WILL LIKELY BE FOAMY , NOT JUST KIDNEY\LIVER DISEASE.
Re: 8 Urine Colours And What Each Say About Your Health by Nickymezor(f): 11:03am On May 26, 2018
Kool post, thanks for sharing OP.
Re: 8 Urine Colours And What Each Say About Your Health by Nobody: 11:37am On May 26, 2018
PrecisionFx:

""1. Transparent or no colour.
You have been drinking a lot of water and might need to cut down on it""

Who is this Mad Man?

I'm 100% sure that u aren't a medical practitioner n that u haven't even read a medical emcyclopedia before. STOP MISLEADING PEOPLE.

The colour of the healthiest urine is ""Transparent"".

And it is IMPOSSIBLE for a human being to drink an excessive amount of water.

U need to be arrested.

A famous long distance runner died from drinking excessive amount of water. Her sweating and loosing salts and then drinking water further loosing the salt in the body lead to her drowning in the water she was drinking... now they add salt, hydrolysis something in water for athletes.

Follygunners:
Re: 8 Urine Colours And What Each Say About Your Health by skubido(m): 12:42pm On May 26, 2018
U too much
Re: 8 Urine Colours And What Each Say About Your Health by amali52(m): 4:21pm On May 26, 2018
hmmmm

Re: 8 Urine Colours And What Each Say About Your Health by Nobody: 8:11pm On May 26, 2018
LivingFree:

A famous long distance runner died from drinking excessive amount of water. Her sweating and loosing salts and then drinking water further loosing the salt in the body lead to her drowning in the water she was drinking... now they add salt, hydrolysis something in water for athletes.

Pls provide medical proof.
Re: 8 Urine Colours And What Each Say About Your Health by Nobody: 9:34pm On May 26, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Pls provide medical proof.

Google is your friend, too.
Re: 8 Urine Colours And What Each Say About Your Health by Nobody: 11:15pm On May 26, 2018
LivingFree:

Google is your friend, too.

Pls leave medical issues to the practitioners, Stop using Google as medical proof.
Re: 8 Urine Colours And What Each Say About Your Health by Nobody: 12:00am On May 27, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Pls leave medical issues to the practitioners, Stop using Google as medical proof.

Go drink 2 gallons of water and visit a practitioner grin
Re: 8 Urine Colours And What Each Say About Your Health by Nobody: 12:14am On May 27, 2018
LivingFree:

Go drink 2 gallons of water and visit a practitioner grin

U can't drink 2 gallons because ur hypothalamus won't allow you to. grin.
Re: 8 Urine Colours And What Each Say About Your Health by scaezar: 12:29am On May 27, 2018
About that 1st point, i dont think anybody should ever 'cut down' on water. It does no harm at all. No overdose. Always take as much as you can...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Shoprite Worker Commits Suicide In Akure After Being Suspended From Work / Blood Comes Out Of My Private Part At Night, Please Help!! / Graphic Photos: Cesarean Section Step By Step In Photos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.