Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

Want That Promotion? 10 Things You Have To Do - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Want That Promotion? 10 Things You Have To Do (233 Views)

Do You Want That Fresh Natural Skin? / Paddy Adenuga: 10 Things You Didn't Know About Mike Adenuga’s Son / Top 10 Things Nigerians Spend Their Money On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Want That Promotion? 10 Things You Have To Do by ValourDigest(m): 5:29pm On May 25, 2018
WANT THAT PROMOTION? 10 THINGS YOU HAVE TO DO
We all want to move up, or ahead in our careers. Depending on your chosen profession moving up can take multiple paths, but is dependent on whether you get the promotion. There are ways you can stay at the “top of the pack” in your boss’ mind when promotion time comes. None of these require spending an inordinate amount of overtime to get things done. Most of the techniques simply require working hard and being a positive, stable personality in the office or work-space.
Read more……http://valourdigest.com/want-that-promotion-10-things-you-have-to-do/

FISHING FOR TALENT? LURE THEM WITH THE PERFECT JOB POSTING
Imagine an online dating profile that said, “Must be this tall, must earn this income, must own this kind of house and car. Please apply here!” Great.
Yet that’s how most job descriptions are written. Think about it: Your company doesn’t need to hire a generic person. Your company needs to hire one great person–and that means communicating to your future employee in such a way that he or she will truly want to become part of your team.
While this takes some effort, it’s worth it when you find the right hire. That person will not only contribute immediately, but will also be a valued member of the team who can grow into more advanced positions in the organization.
Read more………http://valourdigest.com/fishing-for-talent-lure-them-with-the-perfect-job-posting/

WHATEVER YOU DO, DON’T BE A CELEBRITY
Our culture celebrates celebrities to a fault. We place such a high priority on being famous that any other social status is unacceptable. But what does it mean — to be a celebrity — and is it worth the cost?
THE SEARCH FOR MEANING
We all want to be “epic” and don’t know why. Want to be important, to be needed.
We look at celebrities — famous people — and we envy them: their money, possessions, and prestige. We want their lives. But why?
Read more…….http://valourdigest.com/whatever-you-do-dont-be-a-celebrity/

ARE YOU TOO OLD TO LEARN TO CODE?
Today, we have question from two students, Mark and Todd. They’re in their forties and are getting started in web development, and they are worried that they’re too old. Too old to learn or too old to get a job.
It’s funny I get this question because I felt too old to learn to code when I was 19 years old. It took me six years before I started to code. When I started, I was 25.
Thinking logically, if I’m too old to learn when I was 19, I should be even more afraid when I was 25. But I wasn’t. I wasn’t afraid because I burned my bridges. I decided I don’t want to work in a bank and decided to learn to design and code. It was a do or die. I couldn’t worry because I had to learn enough to find a job within a year.
Read more………http://valourdigest.com/are-you-too-old-to-learn-to-code/

WHY TOYOTA CARS DOMINATE THE AUTOMOBILE INDUSTRY IN NIGERIA
Toyota is made to last forever. These are not my words, but those of the three car dealers I met while trying to get my first car. If this line does not make you part with your cash, they try the next one, ‘the car was made specifically for the Nigerian road.’ I do not dispute their selling points because I have found both to be true in the last one year, though there are other matters I will like to raise about the car later.
No doubt, the Toyota brand has established itself in the Nigerian market as the number one car brand for a number of reasons. The product in many ways supports the living standard of both the middle and upper-class Nigerians as it is easy to maintain and repair. The spare parts are almost ubiquitous, from side mirrors to the entire engine, unlike some other brands that take you on a journey of frustration to fix just the smallest parts.
Read more…….http://valourdigest.com/why-toyota-cars-dominate-the-automobile-industry-in-nigeria/

(1) (Reply)

Available Fiverr US Reviews / Ride2event :we've Got All It Takes To Take You To Akpororo Show 2018 / I Want To Be Africa’s Biggest Philanthropist – Dangote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.