Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,132 members, 7,829,033 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

Why I’ve Not Visited The US - Atiku! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics /  Why I’ve Not Visited The US - Atiku! (1824 Views)

Why I’ve Not Gone On Vacation After Polls – Obi / Only Peter Obi Worries Us, Atiku Cannot Win – APC’s Osita Okechukwu / We Must Not Allow Power Leave North, Just As Sarduana Warned Us—Atiku Supporter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I’ve Not Visited The US - Atiku! by tomakint: 6:53pm On May 25, 2018

Why I’ve not visited the U S-Atiku

Former Vice President and presidential aspirant in the 2019 election, Atiku Abubakar, has described public perception of corruption on his person as a product of mere orchestration, dismissing it as unfounded in facts and records.

Called to clear the air during an interactive session with his enthusiasts in Sagamu on Wednesday, May 9, Atiku pointed out that there has been no corruption charges against him anywhere.

“I have been fighting government through my political career. I fought the military and also fought to defend my belief in the processes of democracy, rule of law and what I believe to be in the best interest of the nation while in and out of government.

When I left the ruling party to join the opposition at different points, many were worried that the government will pursue and bring me down. If they had anything against me, I would have been done for.

They would have charged me but there is no such charge anywhere. Even the EFCC that is being used today, I brought the template for it from Brazil and we had to lend the EFCC the N300m from the privatization fund to start functioning before their budget could be passed. The laws of the EFCC that we brought in the original template were very stringent but they have watered it down.”

Also reacting to comments that he cannot go to the United States, Atiku explained that he has long applied but has not been granted visa but wondered why people are tending to belittle the integrity of the nation by relating going to the United States as an issue in Nigerian politics and government.

“Our constitution does not say you have to travel to America before one can be president. I applied for visa and the say it is under administrative process, what do you want me to do? If you make me president, America will invite me but, please, do not belittle your sovereignty. Going to America is not a condition for Nigerian Presidency. My late boss, Yaradua was never keen about United States.”

Atiku said rather than waste breath on a matter as insignificant as traveling to the US, he is more focused on working on the issues affecting the economic development of the nation and welfare of citizens. Of particular concern to him is the incident of the clashes between herdsmen and farmers on which he lamented that the both the government and security agencies seem not to be up to the task.

“Honestly, I am a Fulani man and I have more than 1000 heads of cattle. On the herdsmen and farmers clash, the security does not seem to be up to the task and the government does not seem to know what to do. I will take the example of Fayose in Ekiti State. He called all the heads of the herders and they had an understanding on how to go about things. Since then, I have not heard much of the clashes from Ekiti.

“Part of the problem has to do with our local administration system. In those days there is no way you can enter any community with even five cattle without registration. You must report and be recorded by the local authorities.

You are even to pay tax per head on your cattle. The new system of administration where the traditional institutions and community leaders are completely eliminated from government is a problem.

You have to use the traditional institutions to handle local issues. That’s where the issue of devolution of power comes in. Once the states have the they can act. That is why I also support state police.”

Atiku also regretted the manipulation of religion to destroy our common brotherhood pointing out that the tendencies for religious and ethnic conflict has been fueled by the incidence of injustice and inequitable treatments in governance, with the sad outcome of turning the victims against themselves.

“I have never seen a religious country like Nigeria. Both major religions do not encourage violence. It is not actually religion that is bringing conflict. Injustice and inequality being promoted by our government is at the root.

Injustice and unequal treatment cannot bring peace. One of the greatest problems of this government is their inability to balance governance.

They show favoritism to different groups but it is not about the people. This leads to pent up anger. Government must make sure there is fairness and justice accorded to all religions and all parts of this country as a guarantee for peace and stability.”

On the issue of the involvement of the youth in governance, he pointed out that he has been a major protagonist in bringing the youth into government and disclosed his plan to reserve forty percent of government positions for the youth and thirty five for the women.

“I plan to give 40% space for youth involvement in my government. I brought all the young men that served in our government. Once I hear of any, at home or abroad, who have intelligence and capacity in certain key areas, I went to bring him. But if these young men have done what they were supposed to do, I wouldn’t even be here looking for President.

They were promised the position and were deceived to fight me hoping they will get the position. They didn’t get it and here we are.”

Relating the issue to his age, he declared that he is very healthy and fit, experienced in governance and economic development issues and have the competence and capacity to deliver on the job to usher in a better Nigerian in line with the wishes and hope of the citizenry.

Culled From My Facebook Page.

3 Likes

Re:  Why I’ve Not Visited The US - Atiku! by Topccy007: 6:55pm On May 25, 2018
J
Re:  Why I’ve Not Visited The US - Atiku! by Nobody: 7:08pm On May 25, 2018
Hmmmmm

Difference in intelligence is apparent

When I met the Turankin adamawa was when I knew no matter how many script writers one might have it's no substitute for natural.intelligence

There's no comparison between buhari and Atiku , Atiku is miles more intelligent and sound in modern business and economic practises than buhari

Some.of you will scream.Atiku is corrupt, and I say produce the evidence other than here say unlike buajri whose past record in PTF I'd there for all to see talkless of the last 3 years of unbirdled corruption

Is it increasing.fiel price claiming.subsidy is not being paid oh hut now we know he has paid even.more than.we paid in the last 16 years in just 3 years so where is the extra N65 added untop of the fuel.oimp.price going into? His pocket off course! Don't forget he is also.the petroleum minister

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re:  Why I’ve Not Visited The US - Atiku! by tomakint: 7:20pm On May 25, 2018
Lakeside79:
Hmmmmm

When I met the Turankin adamawa was when I knew no matter how many script writers one might have it's no substitute for natural.intelligence

There's no comparison between buhari and Atiku , Atiku is miles more intelligent and sound in modern business and economic practises than buhari

Some.of you will scream.Atiku is corrupt, and I say produce the evidence other than here say unlike buajri whose past record in PTF I'd there for all to see talkless of the last 3 years of unbirdled corruption

Is it increasing.fiel price claiming.subsidy is not being paid oh hut now we know he has paid even.more than.we paid in the last 16 years in just 3 years so where is the extra N65 added untop of the fuel.oimp.price going into? His pocket off course! Don't forget he is also.the petroleum minister

As a believer in the Atiku Project bro I couldn't have said it better. You took the whole thing out of my mouth. Something big is coming up and it is mainly packaged for Atiku Influencers. If you know you are active online and had been promoting Atiku and still promoting him and you know physically you can influence many others then you are good to go. Kindly forward your details in this fornat; Names, Whatsapp no, Twitter handle, Facebook Address or names, Instagram I'd to this whatsapp no: 09085894826. Only influencers please.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re:  Why I’ve Not Visited The US - Atiku! by CodeTemplar: 7:26pm On May 25, 2018
Atiku . . . Who are you talking to ?

1 Like

Re:  Why I’ve Not Visited The US - Atiku! by nabiz(m): 7:36pm On May 25, 2018
atiku is far better than buhari but I have made my choice. sowora Will have my vote
Re:  Why I’ve Not Visited The US - Atiku! by Nobody: 7:37pm On May 25, 2018
tomakint:

As a believer in the Atiku Project bro I couldn't have said it better. You took the whole thing out of my mouth. Something big is coming up and it is mainly packaged for Atiku Influencers. If you know you are active online and had been promoting Atiku and still promoting him and you know physically you can influence many others then you are good to go. Kindly forward your details in this fornat; Names, Whatsapp no, Twitter handle, Facebook Address or names, Instagram I'd to this whatsapp no: 09085894826. Only influencers please.

I won't take this seriously

Seems very elementary

You don't see any other opposition doing this here do you?

Such moves are done covertly not like pepper sold at Agege market like you just did

SMH

And I know a good friend who joined your WhatsApp group and was treated shabbily because he called some people out till the point he had to leave
I would.never advise anyone I know to work with you guys after what he told me

I hope Turankin is careful this he work with

2 Likes

Re:  Why I’ve Not Visited The US - Atiku! by tuniski: 7:48pm On May 25, 2018
Lakeside79:

I won't take this seriously

Seems very elementary

You don't see any other opposition doing this here do you?

Such moves are done covertly not like pepper sold at Agege market like you just did

SMH

And I know a good friend who joined your WhatsApp group and was treated shabbily because he called some people out till the point he had to leave
I would.never advise anyone I know to work with you guys after what he told me

I hope Turankin is careful this he work with

It Should Be done openly cos governance is not secret cult!

2 Likes

Re:  Why I’ve Not Visited The US - Atiku! by Nobody: 7:51pm On May 25, 2018
tuniski:

It Should Be done openly cos governance is not secret cult!

I see

1 Like 1 Share

Re:  Why I’ve Not Visited The US - Atiku! by Nobody: 7:53pm On May 25, 2018
tomakint:

I see

The feedback I got about your WhatsApp group from well respected friend is both appalling and horrendous

I really wouldn't advise anyone to work with you guys

Any group that are that disrespectful isn't a group that can achieve much
Re:  Why I’ve Not Visited The US - Atiku! by tomakint: 8:00pm On May 25, 2018
Lakeside79:

I see

The feedback I got about your WhatsApp group from well respected friend is both appalling and horrendous

Those guys are fantastic and I still hold their views in high esteem but for some reasons they were misunderstood to which I took their matters up but what you see here is a totally different scenario. Trust me I cherished those guys because they joined the group through me. They will never speak ill of me, ask them. Thank u

1 Like

Re:  Why I’ve Not Visited The US - Atiku! by CilicMarin: 8:03pm On May 25, 2018
Lakeside79:

I see

what happened in the group? Was the sharing of the money unfair?
Re:  Why I’ve Not Visited The US - Atiku! by Nobody: 8:07pm On May 25, 2018
CilicMarin:

what happened in the group? Was the sharing of the money unfair?

Feedback I was given wasn't about money basically some.foumders of the group.didnt like new epope who everyone was.seoom8mg over because of how smart he was and he was getting attitude being accused f changing the group and some pretty things dude it was weird I saw the chats when we met up at the yatch club it was funny as hell

Seriously stay away from them or join and see

If you join watch out for one.mr Victor

1 Like

Re:  Why I’ve Not Visited The US - Atiku! by Nobody: 8:09pm On May 25, 2018
tomakint:

Those guys are fantastic and I still hold their views in high esteem but for some reasons they were misunderstood to which I took their matters up but what you see here is a totally different scenario. Trust me I cherished those guys because they joined the group through me. They will never speak ill of me, ask them. Thank u

Yeah none said anything about you, it was one.mr victior that was acting out from the chats I saw it's shameful

Fact is your group is disorganized and ridiculous that you have such rude ineot people holding sway as admins

I seriously doubt you guys will achieve anything

Trust me you won't not in Lagos not in South west as a whole not in South east not in South south

Some other group maybe but not you guys tell.mr Victor olalekan said so

1 Like

Re:  Why I’ve Not Visited The US - Atiku! by CilicMarin: 8:10pm On May 25, 2018
Lakeside79:

Feedback I was given wasn't about money basically some.foumders of the group.didnt like new epope who everyone was.seoom8mg over because of how smart he was and he was getting attitude being accused f changing the group and some pretty things dude it was weird I saw the chats when we met up at the yatch club it was funny as hell

How much do you guys receive from Atiku at end of the month? I learned people like tomakint corner everything. Can you shedd light on that allegation?
Re:  Why I’ve Not Visited The US - Atiku! by tomakint: 8:13pm On May 25, 2018
Lakeside79:

Yeah none said anything about you, it was one.mr victior that was acting out from the chats I saw it's shameful

Fact is your group is disorganized and ridiculous that you have such rude ineot people holding sway as admins

I seriously doubt you guys will achieve anything

Trust me you won't not in Lagos not in South west as a whole not in South east not in South south

Some other group maybe but not you guys tell.mr Victor olalekan said so
First thing first please desist from replying one dude called Cilicmarin he is only trolling. Ignore him then we can talk
Re:  Why I’ve Not Visited The US - Atiku! by Nobody: 8:15pm On May 25, 2018
tomakint:

First thing first please desist from replying one dude called Cilicmarin he is only trolling. Ignore him then we can talk

I have nothing more to say to you

Enjoy the rest of your evening sir
Re:  Why I’ve Not Visited The US - Atiku! by tomakint: 8:15pm On May 25, 2018
Lakeside79:

Kindly desist from replying the troll you are quoting he is a member of Buhari Media Centre. I have reached out to the other guy. There is a bigger picture now
Re:  Why I’ve Not Visited The US - Atiku! by CilicMarin: 8:17pm On May 25, 2018
Tomakint wants to sell his future for a peanut. Hungerbad grin cheesy grin
Re:  Why I’ve Not Visited The US - Atiku! by Nobody: 10:04pm On May 25, 2018
Lakeside79:
Hmmmmm

Now u are asking for record to show Atiku as a corrupt man but u people will always shout Tinubu, Amaechi and co are corrupt.

SMH on the double standards of most Nigerians.

And please help me drop the record u have on Buhari concerning the PTF u claim is there for all to see so I can see it too.

1 Like

Re:  Why I’ve Not Visited The US - Atiku! by Nobody: 10:11pm On May 25, 2018
kingkakaone:

Now u are asking for record to show Atiku as a corrupt man but u people will always shout Tinubu, Amaechi and co are corrupt.

SMH on the double standards of most Nigerians.

And please help me drop the record u have on Buhari concerning the PTF u claim is there for all to see so I can see it too.
We

It's in OBJ's second book read it
Re:  Why I’ve Not Visited The US - Atiku! by docadams: 10:31pm On May 25, 2018
Anybody who defends Atiku's kleptocracy must be a candidate for Uselu

2 Likes

Re:  Why I’ve Not Visited The US - Atiku! by Nobody: 10:59pm On May 25, 2018
Lakeside79:

It's in OBJ's second book read it
Lolssss... I guess that book is a secret gold mine.

1 Like

Re:  Why I’ve Not Visited The US - Atiku! by Nobody: 11:06pm On May 25, 2018
because president bush barred him from entering the USA for money laundering while he was vice president lipsrsealed Nigeria ,don't choose this man again.
Stop recycling leaders who don't deliver cry

1 Like

Re:  Why I’ve Not Visited The US - Atiku! by delpee(f): 11:54pm On May 25, 2018
We're busy advocating for the younger generation to take over the reins of power while they're busy selling their future to their long time oppressors! I guess it's considered wise to take the crumbs from their table instead of struggling for freedom and the progress of the nation so that a better future is guaranteed for all. It's so sad. sad

2 Likes

Re:  Why I’ve Not Visited The US - Atiku! by rusher14: 12:23am On May 26, 2018
Jennifer Elizabeth Douglas, who has also gone by the names Jennifer Iwenjiora, Jamila Abubakar, and Jennifer Douglas-Abubakar, is the fourth wife of Atiku Abubakar. According to the Atiku Biography,Ms. Douglas was born in Nigeria as Jennifer Iwenjiora, worked as a television journalist at the Nigerian Television Authority, and dated Mr. Abubakar in the early 1980s, before leaving for the United States.

She lost touch with Mr. Abubakar while attending Howard University. She subsequently married in the United States, took the married name of Jennifer Douglas, and later divorced, becoming a naturalized U.S. citizen during this time period. Ms. Douglas eventually renewed her relationship with Mr. Abubakar who came to visit her in the United States. According to the Atiku Biography, from late 1995 to early 1998, while Sani Abacha was in power in Nigeria, Mr. Abubakar “spent most of his time in Maryland” with Ms. Douglas, making occasional visits to Nigeria.

Skipped a lot of paragraphs to the important bit on Page 190.

In December 2008, the U.S. Department of Justice and the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) filed criminal and civil pleadings alleging that Siemens AG, a major German company traded on the New York Stock Exchange, violated the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) by making bribery payments to obtain business in multiple countries, including Nigeria.

Siemens pleaded guilty to violating the books and record keeping provisions of the FCPA, and agreed to pay combined criminal and civil fines totaling more than $1.6 billion.

One of the allegations in the SEC civil complaint against Siemens was that “approximately $2.8 million of the bribe payments was routed through a bank account in Potomac, Maryland, in the name of the wife of a former Nigerian Vice President.”

The Subcommittee has obtained wire transfer documentation substantiating this allegation, as explained below. Through her legal
counsel, however, Ms. Douglas denies any wrongdoing

https://www.hsgac.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/FOREIGNCORRUPTIONREPORTFINAL710.pdf

2 Likes 1 Share

Re:  Why I’ve Not Visited The US - Atiku! by GavelSlam: 12:31am On May 26, 2018
Atiku is just a criminal.
The reason for not being issued a visa is as stated.
Thanks rusher man.

One of the allegations in the SEC civil complaint against Siemens was that “approximately $2.8 million of the bribe payments was routed through a bank account in Potomac, Maryland, in the name of the wife of a former Nigerian Vice President.”

The Subcommittee has obtained wire transfer documentation substantiating this allegation, as explained below. Through her legal 
counsel, however, Ms. Douglas denies any wrongdoing

2 Likes

Re:  Why I’ve Not Visited The US - Atiku! by Nobody: 1:18am On May 26, 2018
to the above posters
so it is ordinary group chat all this is happening. t money given to one 'youth' has not even reached you guys and you are already squabbling like this...
is it that politics removes people's sense. u see why I tire for all of these recycled old men still searching for what is not their birthright?
anyway when they start throwing the peanuts, of course they have but e never reach una wey still dey bottom of the feeding chain, just make sure you stay safe...
and don't come here and give me hogwash that there's no money or you are doing it because you believe in atiku, a man you have never met, except through social media
don't be deceived by the fact that he is roaming free...so many other thieves are roaming free too...both from pdp and apc

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re:  Why I’ve Not Visited The US - Atiku! by johnmartus(m): 1:45am On May 26, 2018
Shut up atiku if you go USA that mean you go to a land of no return. If indeed you're not wanted in USA the USA embassy would have saying something all this while.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re:  Why I’ve Not Visited The US - Atiku! by alen4smith(m): 6:14am On May 26, 2018
tomakint:

Dem don start again this is how they sell their destinies for peanuts

2 Likes

Re:  Why I’ve Not Visited The US - Atiku! by tomakint: 12:15pm On May 26, 2018
Too many despicable hypocrites here already displaying what they are not and what they can never be. Everybody knows why I am.routing for Atiku already and I don't think I owe any bloody hypocrites here any explanation. Some robots here are fond of regurgitating what they have been fed with to say about Atiku who am I to help tj out. Atiku is corrupt but Tinubu is a builder and shaper of Lagos State......up till now they have not given us where Atiku had been convicted ......set of despicable hypocrites even despite reading the articles are still blind

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

From Jail For Corruption, Wike Brings Sen.jang To Commission Project In Rivers / VIDEO: How Bukola Saraki Announces The Defection Of 15 APC Senators To The PDP / Gangs As Political Parties - Akpabio Exposed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.