Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,127 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

The Largest English Israeli Newspaper Talks About Pastor Chris' Visit - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Largest English Israeli Newspaper Talks About Pastor Chris' Visit (853 Views)

10 Countries With The Largest Number Of Christians- Statisense / Daddy Freeze Wrong About Pastor Sam Adeyemi On Tithing / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Gets Jet Plane Gift From Loveworld Music & Arts Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Largest English Israeli Newspaper Talks About Pastor Chris' Visit by donnie(m): 10:48pm On May 25, 2018
WORD SPREADS ABOUT PASTOR CHRIS OYAKHILOME'S VISIT TO THE HOLY LAND!!!

The largest English Israeli newspaper, The Jerusalem Post, spoke of our great man of God's visit to the Holy Land! Read the article below:

MAJOR NIGERIAN EVANGELICAL LEADER EMPHASIZES CHRISTIAN SOLIDARITY DURING ISRAEL VISIT

"Israel is going in the right direction, in almost every field."
Major Nigerian Evangelical leader Pastor Chris Oyakhilome emphasized the importance of showing solidarity with the State of Israel during a visit to the country as it celebrates 70 years of independence.

Oyakhilome, the founder of the Christ Embassy Church, an Evangelical community with approximately 13 million followers around the world, toured a variety of religious and historical sites in Israel during his nine-day “Holy Land Tour.”

"We're here to see the celebration of this nation which we regard as a biblical miracle. The number 70 is significant in the Bible," Oyakhilome told The Jerusalem Post during a visit to Tel Aviv's Palmach Museum, highlighting that the visit has added importance due to protests surrounding the US embassy move to Jerusalem.

"It is a matter of solidarity. With the significant move of the embassy to Jerusalem, you expect maybe some protests and some violence," said Oyakhilome. "But if we, who actually believe in the State of Israel, stay back, who should come here?"

Oyakhilome is also behind several international aid organizations including Innercity Mission and Future Africa Foundation, several "LoveWorld" Evangelical television channels and the "Healing School," a divine healing ministry run by the Nigerian pastor.

"Even though Israel as a nation has always stated that Jerusalem is their capital, the world failed to recognize that," said Oyakhilome. "The announcement that the US embassy will move to Jerusalem really meant something huge for the world, because the US is not just any other nation - it is the leader of the free world."

"For us, it does mean the recognition of Jerusalem as the Bible said always," he told the Post. "And that's something for us to celebrate."

Oyakhilome's tour included visits to key sites in Jerusalem, Hebron and the Galilee, in addition to Bethany and Lazarus's Tomb and the Inn of the Good Samaritan. He also attended a reception hosted by Israel’s Foreign Ministry celebrating the opening of the US embassy in Jerusalem.

"You have to understand a lot of things about the land and its people," said Oyakhilome, explaining the in-depth nature of the tour. "You have to study them, their environment and how they live, and what they think. How did they come here? And relate all of that to the Bible."

Oyakhilome highlighted the need for those returning from Israel to encourage others to make similar visits.

"All over the world, Jerusalem and Israel are painted as being in a state of war. So no one really wants to come here from the outside," Oyakhilome said, blaming international media for broadcasting misleading information regarding the conflict.

"It is up to the rest of us who have been here to go to the rest of the world and tell them what Israel is like and increase the pilgrimage to these places," he added.

Highlighting the great strides made by Israel since its independence 70 years ago, Oyakhilome hoped to send a message of friendship to Jews in Israel and the Diaspora.

"Israel is going in the right direction, in almost every field. We encourage the Jewish people to be strong and actually know they have friends around the world who are more powerful than their enemies," said Oyakhilome. "Congratulations to Israel on its 70th anniversary."

https://m.jpost.com/Israel-News/Major-Nigerian-Evangelical-leader-emphasizes-Christian-solidarity-during-Israel-visit-557871

Some comments below...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Largest English Israeli Newspaper Talks About Pastor Chris' Visit by gregory789(m): 8:16am On May 26, 2018
Kudos pastor, i love you like kilode

1 Like

Re: The Largest English Israeli Newspaper Talks About Pastor Chris' Visit by donnie(m): 2:32pm On May 26, 2018
gregory789:
Kudos pastor, i love you like kilode

You can say that again.
Pastor is always walking in the Spirit.
Re: The Largest English Israeli Newspaper Talks About Pastor Chris' Visit by orisa37: 4:18pm On May 26, 2018
This is good. God is good.
Re: The Largest English Israeli Newspaper Talks About Pastor Chris' Visit by orisa37: 4:24pm On May 26, 2018
This is good. God is good. How excellent is The Name of God in all The Earth.
Re: The Largest English Israeli Newspaper Talks About Pastor Chris' Visit by donnie(m): 12:41am On May 27, 2018
Re: The Largest English Israeli Newspaper Talks About Pastor Chris' Visit by luvmijeje(f): 6:33am On May 27, 2018
So what? Please enough of the deification of a man like you.

It's the reason when you see them doing wrong, you won't be able to call them to order. Fear go catch una.
Re: The Largest English Israeli Newspaper Talks About Pastor Chris' Visit by MiddleDimension: 10:45am On May 27, 2018
hmmm, how time flies and things change! isn't it this same Oyakhs that said in one of his preachment, either in ''Priesthood and sacrifices'' or i cannot remember very much anymore which video in particular when he talked about a state and a nation and said: that country Isreal ''is a state, and not a nation...'' and that ''...there is a difference between a state and a nation''.

he also talked about the blind of the holy of holies tearing from the top to the bottom, exposing the ark and that means the presence of god is no longer in the temple but in your heart (actually this is a thing i first heard from a priest in the catholic church when i was a christian long before Oyakhs ever spoke of it. i say this just in case some love world members would begin to jump thinking Oyakhs got to know somethings before others got to know them).

by saying all of that, he affirmed that Isreal is no more significant than any other nation on earth. but now, he is saying something entirwly different!

i cannot remember, but i would try to check where either donnie, or joeagbaje or one of the love world people here on NL, rebuked some people going to Isreal on pilgrimage as embarking on a spiritually non-significant journey.

this Isreal we are talking about is not very much a god believing country any more. and pls do not tell me ''even when you are unfaithful, god is always faithful''.
Re: The Largest English Israeli Newspaper Talks About Pastor Chris' Visit by orisa37: 11:09am On May 27, 2018
Pray that ye enter not into Temptation.
Re: The Largest English Israeli Newspaper Talks About Pastor Chris' Visit by donnie(m): 12:11pm On May 27, 2018
MiddleDimension:
hmmm, how time flies and things change! isn't it this same Oyakhs that said in one of his preachment, either in ''Priesthood and sacrifices'' or i cannot remember very much anymore which video in particular when he talked about a state and a nation and said: that country Isreal ''is a state, and not a nation...'' and that ''...there is a difference between a state and a nation''.

he also talked about the blind of the holy of holies tearing from the top to the bottom, exposing the ark and that means the presence of god is no longer in the temple but in your heart (actually this is a thing i first heard from a priest in the catholic church when i was a christian long before Oyakhs ever spoke of it. i say this just in case some love world members would begin to jump thinking Oyakhs got to know somethings before others got to know them).

by saying all of that, he affirmed that Isreal is no more significant than any other nation on earth. but now, he is saying something entirwly different!

i cannot remember, but i would try to check where either donnie, or joeagbaje or one of the love world people here on NL, rebuked some people going to Isreal on pilgrimage as embarking on a spiritually non-significant journey.

this Isreal we are talking about is not very much a god believing country any more. and pls do not tell me ''even when you are unfaithful, god is always faithful''.

Abeg leave matter wey pass you
Re: The Largest English Israeli Newspaper Talks About Pastor Chris' Visit by donnie(m): 12:13pm On May 27, 2018
luvmijeje:
So what? Please enough of the deification of a man like you.

It's the reason when you see them doing wrong, you won't be able to call them to order. Fear go catch una.

There they go. First they deny it ever happened. When that fails, they resort to the above kind of statements.
Re: The Largest English Israeli Newspaper Talks About Pastor Chris' Visit by luvmijeje(f): 12:37pm On May 27, 2018
donnie:

There they go. First they deny it ever happened. When that fails, they resort to the above kind of statements.

Get use to this kind of statement from me. Because it annoys me when I see men who are Gods on their own right acting slavishly to a man who became a God because he has access to God directly.
Re: The Largest English Israeli Newspaper Talks About Pastor Chris' Visit by donnie(m): 1:28pm On May 27, 2018
luvmijeje:

Get use to this kind of statement from me. Because it annoys me when I see men who are Gods on their own right acting slavishly to a man who became a God because he has access to God directly.

Abeg don't be angry Ma god; na bible we dey follow.

1Thea 5:12-13
Now we ask you, brothers and sisters, to acknowledge those who work hard among you, who care for you in the Lord and who admonish you.

Hold them in the highest regard in love because of their work. Live in peace with each other.
Re: The Largest English Israeli Newspaper Talks About Pastor Chris' Visit by donnie(m): 2:14pm On May 27, 2018

1 Share

Re: The Largest English Israeli Newspaper Talks About Pastor Chris' Visit by MiddleDimension: 4:16pm On May 27, 2018
donnie:

Abeg leave matter wey pass you

i really like the obvious fear in you.
Re: The Largest English Israeli Newspaper Talks About Pastor Chris' Visit by donnie(m): 4:28pm On May 27, 2018
MiddleDimension:

i really like the obvious fear in you.

Brother, this table that you are shaking enh....
Re: The Largest English Israeli Newspaper Talks About Pastor Chris' Visit by MiddleDimension: 4:36pm On May 27, 2018
donnie:

Brother, this table that you are shaking enh....

e sweet well well. is it a lie that he said those things on record?
Re: The Largest English Israeli Newspaper Talks About Pastor Chris' Visit by donnie(m): 4:46pm On May 27, 2018
MiddleDimension:

e sweet well well. is it a lie that he said those things on record?

Why don't you quote him directly siting source, then maybe I can reply you.
Re: The Largest English Israeli Newspaper Talks About Pastor Chris' Visit by M0ron: 7:36pm On May 27, 2018
What is that potbellied beast behind Oyakhilome?
Re: The Largest English Israeli Newspaper Talks About Pastor Chris' Visit by MiddleDimension: 8:45pm On May 27, 2018
donnie:

Why don't you quote him directly siting source, then maybe I can reply you.

already quoted him
Re: The Largest English Israeli Newspaper Talks About Pastor Chris' Visit by donnie(m): 10:13pm On May 27, 2018
MiddleDimension:

already quoted him

Source?

(1) (Reply)

A Catholic Priest In Enugu Playing Ogene In A Function. / Complaint Is A Poisonous Arrow / Truth In The Quran About The Bible, And Jesus That Muslims Avoid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.