Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,365 members, 7,815,782 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

These People Are Killing My Faith & My Belief Am Backsliding. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / These People Are Killing My Faith & My Belief Am Backsliding. (854 Views)

What Is Backsliding? And How Can A Person Recover? / This Is My Belief Regarding Fish Rain / This Reinforces My Belief In God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

These People Are Killing My Faith & My Belief Am Backsliding. by v4victory(f): 12:56pm On Mar 08, 2019
Good day ladies and Gents, I have been saving souls for God in my own little way through different medium, but right now my spirit is down cos one of my convert who is already worshiping in a good bible believing church just backslide.

Just three days ago I discovered that a sister whom I have converted to serving and working for God at a church around my area has stopped going to the church, so I went to her to know why she is not going to the church anymore,

And I got the shock of my life, she said that the everyday crime that is being committed by some men and women of God is killing her faith and trust in God, so she has decided to go back to her old life style since the people who are suppose to live an exemplary life in the Lord that one can emulate are the ones appearing on crime news and indulging in all sort of sinful act, like,
Adultery,
Divorce,
fraudulent act,
Ritual killing
Drug trafficking etc. she ended up by screaming these people are killing my faith and belief am backsliding pls ma let me be!!!!!!

My question now is: what about you? do you feel same way she feels?
Does these circulating crime news about the men and women of God affect your faith negatively?
Does it make you feel like Christianity is deceit?
Does it make you feel as if Heaven and Hell is a fallacy?
Re: These People Are Killing My Faith & My Belief Am Backsliding. by McStoic(m): 1:23pm On Mar 08, 2019
Devil is very smart. He is a master in mind games and deception and it seems he has got your convert cornered into where he wants her to be i.e. DISCOURAGED DUE TO RELYING/DEPENDING/LOOKING AT MEN.

JESUS EXPRESSLY TOLD US TO LOOK UNTO HIM, THE AUTHOR AND FINISHER OF OUR FAITH. LOOK AT PEOPLE THROUGH JESUS AND NOT LOOK AT JESUS THROUGH PEOPLE. What she is seeing now are the signs of end time and her excuse is invalid before God. This is a personal race ooo. She is meant to be a SOLDIER OF CHRIST WHO ENDURES HARDNESS TILL THE END.

4 Likes

Re: These People Are Killing My Faith & My Belief Am Backsliding. by Originakalokalo(m): 1:37pm On Mar 08, 2019
Mathew 7verse 21-23....

Not everyone who calls me Lord Lord will inherit the kingdom of heaven.....

Jesus is referring to Christians here... Not unbelievers.

Note that they called him Lord....

If you read the verses next to this one,

Many even prophesied in his name.... The prophesy may or may not come to pass......

Many worked miracles and even cast out demons in his name..... they told Jesus what they did in his name.

Jesus, having listened to their stories concluded that they are "workers of iniquity "

The presence of Spiritual gifts in the life of anyone does not guarantee heaven....many can spit fire on the pulpit and still go to hell.

...therefore, anyone who looks at the attitude of man and backslide is on his own.

Salvation is a personal thing...

Work out YOUR salvation with fear and trembling.
Re: These People Are Killing My Faith & My Belief Am Backsliding. by OpenYourEyes1: 1:50pm On Mar 08, 2019
v4victory:
Good day ladies and Gents, I have been saving souls for God in my own little way through different medium, but right now my spirit is down cos one of my convert who is already worshiping in a good bible believing church just backslide.

Just three days ago I discovered that a sister whom I have converted to serving and working for God at a church around my area has stopped going to the church, so I went to her to know why she is not going to the church anymore,

And I got the shock of my life, she said that the everyday crime that is being committed by some men and women of God is killing her faith and trust in God, so she has decided to go back to her old life style since the people who are suppose to live an exemplary life in the Lord that one can emulate are the ones appearing on crime news and indulging in all sort of sinful act, like,
Adultery,
Divorce,
fraudulent act,
Ritual killing
Drug trafficking etc. she ended up by screaming these people are killing my faith and belief am backsliding pls ma let me be!!!!!!

Does these circulating crime news about the men and women of God affect your faith negatively?

How does what so called pastors do stop her from serving GOD and living a righteous life?
By the way, I have a feeling the crime news are deliberately shared to weaken people's faith.
Your prayers, preaching and total obedience to GOD create confusion in the kingdom of darkness. They will constantly fight back.

1 Like

Re: These People Are Killing My Faith & My Belief Am Backsliding. by Immaculatesnow(m): 1:54pm On Mar 08, 2019
v4victory:

Adultery,
Divorce,
fraudulent act,
Ritual killing

Trust me when I say this angry you are a brainwashed baboon if you think you won anyone for your pagan god grin all the pastors and churches in Nigeria are a fraud and if you doubt me undecided look at your economy lipsrsealed we have over 1 million churches in Nigeria yet we have over 95 million people living in abject poverty which is bigger than India and China combined undecided stop fooling yourself woman and go and help build our economy by setting up factories not pagan houses named churches sad stop Worshipping demons and foolishly bringing new people to these demonic houses named churches

1 Like 1 Share

Re: These People Are Killing My Faith & My Belief Am Backsliding. by OpenYourEyes1: 2:02pm On Mar 08, 2019
v4victory:

When you see such news avoid them
Re: These People Are Killing My Faith & My Belief Am Backsliding. by Ihedinobi3: 2:38pm On Mar 08, 2019
v4victory:

Adultery,
Divorce,
fraudulent act,
Ritual killing

It was he who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers,
to prepare God's people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up
until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.
Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of men in their deceitful scheming.

Ephesians 4:11-14 NIV

About your questions, no I don't feel the way she does; no, the news does not affect my faith at all; no, it does not make me feel that there is any deceit in Christianity; no, it does not make me feel as if Heaven and Hell are a fallacy at all.

The Christian Faith is about the Lord Jesus. This is why the above passage talks about "[reaching] unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and [becoming] mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ".

If you have believed in the Lord Jesus (that is, you have accepted that He is God Who put on human flesh to die for your sins so that you can be reconciled to God), then you should be concerned only with learning what the Bible says from a gifted and prepared Bible teacher, believing what you learn, applying it and helping other people to do all that too. That should be your primary concern, not with the behavior of other people.

Only the Lord Jesus willingly laid down His Rights as Deity to become a lowly human and also die for your sins. Nobody else did. If you judge Him by the actions of either immature believers or impostors, you will be fully responsible for the condemnation that comes on apostasy.

Grow up in the Faith so that you can stand firm no matter what other people are doing or how many of them are falling away.
Re: These People Are Killing My Faith & My Belief Am Backsliding. by Nobody: 4:45pm On Mar 08, 2019
v4victory:

Adultery,
Divorce,
fraudulent act,
Ritual killing

first of all, you can't save anybody, it is the job of the Holy Spirit to save souls.
your own job is to preach the undiluted message of salvation through christ only.

Even Jesus himself preached to the extent that crowds of people left him. Read John 6:1-end

God knows exactly those who he will save

John 6:59-61, 64-69 These things said he in the synagogue, as he taught in Capernaum.
Many therefore of his disciples, when they had heard this, said, This is an hard saying; who can hear it?

When Jesus knew in himself that his disciples murmured at it, he said unto them, Doth this offend you?

But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.
And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.

From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.

Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?

Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.
And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the Living God.

@bolded think about this question.
will you go also because others are falling away.

in the time of Noah only eight people were saved that didnt bother noah.

in the time of lot only three people, this generation is like that of Noah and lot.

note many people will forsake the faith, it is a fulfillment of prophecy, do not be moved.

2 Likes

Re: These People Are Killing My Faith & My Belief Am Backsliding. by Nobody: 10:05pm On Mar 08, 2019
v4victory:

Adultery,
Divorce,
fraudulent act,
Ritual killing

As much as such people said to be killing her faith are in the position of influence, and hence ought to be living exemplary lives, the main reason she's backsliding is because she has hinged her relationship with God on men actions and not God.

For if it were hinged on God then there's nothing that men do that would make her want to live God because of the actions of men.

That's why I try as much as possible to encourage direct relationship with God with those who believe in Him, for then one's relationship with God is between him or her and God, everything else is an outsider and hence inconsequential to what happens within.

So that wherever one goes that relationship would go with the person, and wherever the person stays, the relationship would stay intact with the person, as it is not subject to or influenced by external factors such as any man but only God.

So maybe you should tell to stop looking at men but God, because at the end is not men that would determine her fate but God, so she must endeavor not to lose that for her own good.

From what I've gotten from her concerns, i think she just needs something much spiritually deeper than average to convince her, so do not be discouraged for her case is not beyond redemption.
Re: These People Are Killing My Faith & My Belief Am Backsliding. by v4victory(f): 11:23am On Mar 11, 2019
solite3:
first of all, you can't save anybody, it is the job of the Holy Spirit to save souls.
your own job is to preach the undiluted message of salvation through christ only.

Even Jesus himself preached to the extent that crowds of people left him. Read John 6:1-end

God knows exactly those who he will save

John 6:59-61, 64-69 These things said he in the synagogue, as he taught in Capernaum.
Many therefore of his disciples, when they had heard this, said, This is an hard saying; who can hear it?

When Jesus knew in himself that his disciples murmured at it, he said unto them, Doth this offend you?

But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.
And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.

From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.

Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?

Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.
And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the Living God.

@bolded think about this question.
will you go also because others are falling away.

in the time of Noah only eight people were saved that didnt bother noah.

in the time of lot only three people, this generation is like that of Noah and lot.

note many people will forsake the faith, it is a fulfillment of prophecy, do not be moved.

Thanks.
Re: These People Are Killing My Faith & My Belief Am Backsliding. by v4victory(f): 11:35am On Mar 11, 2019
Thanks to every one who responded positively your time and responses were not wasted.
Am up again with a new plan of bringing back empowerment program to soul saving which I was doing before
but stopped due to some personal reason. Thanks to you all.
Re: These People Are Killing My Faith & My Belief Am Backsliding. by v4victory(f): 11:37am On Mar 11, 2019
Immaculatesnow:

Trust me when I say this angry you are a brainwashed baboon if you think you won anyone for your pagan god grin all the pastors and churches in Nigeria are a fraud and if you doubt me undecided look at your economy lipsrsealed we have over 1 million churches in Nigeria yet we have over 95 million people living in abject poverty which is bigger than India and China combined undecided stop fooling yourself woman and go and help build our economy by setting up factories not pagan houses named churches sad stop Worshipping demons and foolishly bringing new people to these demonic houses named churches

BE CAREFUL BOY.
Re: These People Are Killing My Faith & My Belief Am Backsliding. by finalboss(m): 12:06pm On Mar 11, 2019
v4victory:

BE CAREFUL BOY.
why ?? Cause he said the truth ?
Re: These People Are Killing My Faith & My Belief Am Backsliding. by Nobody: 5:03pm On Mar 11, 2019
v4victory:

Adultery,
Divorce,
fraudulent act,
Ritual killing

Thank God that sister of yours is starting to use her brain!
Re: These People Are Killing My Faith & My Belief Am Backsliding. by UKAutos1(m): 7:28pm On Mar 11, 2019
Like someone mentioned earlier, it is the Holy Spirit (not you) that converts, the most you can do, you have done. Just make sure you are in right standing with God at every moment, firmly anchored in Christ and growing in the knowledge of God daily. I will also counsel that you confront situations like this in the place of prayer more.

Don't forget that the battle for souls is more spiritual than physical. Eventually, if the convert is predestined to be conformed to the image of Christ, she will return.

It's painful to see any one backslide, especially someone close, knowing that the end of every sinful life is wastage, but the reality is that the message of salvation will NEVER make sense to every body, even when Christ was here in flesh and blood, doing good all over the place, many did not believe in or receive Him.
Re: These People Are Killing My Faith & My Belief Am Backsliding. by Nobody: 8:10pm On Mar 11, 2019
v4victory:

Adultery,
Divorce,
fraudulent act,
Ritual killing

That your friend is baby Christian. She should know that these preachers are mortal men hence they are bound to fall. Nobody is above mistake hence you may fall 7 times but shall rise again. Moses in the bible was a great servant of God yet he missed the promise land because of anger. Abraham the founder of faith fell because he was human let alone preachers of the gospel in our time. Tell your friend to look up to Jesus not those preachers.
Re: These People Are Killing My Faith & My Belief Am Backsliding. by Nobody: 8:23pm On Mar 11, 2019
v4victory:

Thanks.
you are welcome.
continue to pray for your friend and encourage her with the goodness and love of God. if your friend is saved she will return from her backslidding.
Re: These People Are Killing My Faith & My Belief Am Backsliding. by CrazyMan(m): 8:34pm On Mar 11, 2019
This is where intercession comes in. Whenever you win a soul, you must interceed for that soul. Stand in the gap for them until they attain spiritual maturity.

If you fail to do so, the devil might snatch them away thereby frustrating your efforts and planting doubts in your heart as well.

Evangelism is a great gift...keep winning souls for God, don't be discouraged... The lord is your strength.

1 Like

Re: These People Are Killing My Faith & My Belief Am Backsliding. by v4victory(f): 12:37pm On Mar 14, 2019
CrazyMan:
This is where intercession comes in. Whenever you win a soul, you must interceed for that soul. Stand in the gap for them until they attain spiritual maturity.

If you fail to do so, the devil might snatch them away thereby frustrating your efforts and planting doubts in your heart as well.

Evangelism is a great gift...keep winning souls for God, don't be discouraged... The lord is your strength.

Thanks bro.

1 Like

Re: These People Are Killing My Faith & My Belief Am Backsliding. by budaatum: 12:58pm On Mar 14, 2019
v4victory:

Just three days ago I discovered that a sister whom I have converted to serving and working for God at a church around my area has stopped going to the church,
Sorry op but my interest is more in how you feel and your soul saving. I thought that was Jesus' job.

(1) (Reply)

For Christians Who Don't Know Real Islam / Prophet Jeremiah Delivered Man Who Came To Attack Him With Live Cobra (photos) / Photo Of Jesus Looking Stranded After Been Deported From Kenya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.