Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,137 members, 7,818,426 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal (130048 Views)

LOST IN UNIPORT (a Story Of Vengeance, Crime And Betrayal) ft chimexplosive / Crown Of Thorns - A Story Of Love, Hatred, Lust And Adventure / PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by Akinwale14(m): 6:29pm On Jul 06, 2018
Nice Story.
Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by bigkuba(m): 7:20am On Jul 07, 2018
nice work but don't delay the updates again

1 Like

Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by kingswaydavid: 11:43am On Jul 07, 2018
litty litty thread....suspense packed nice one OP

1 Like

Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by nellaz(m): 8:44pm On Jul 08, 2018
O.P let commend your effort so far, you are just a genius writer I say keep it up and please if you want to gain more fame let the updates flow I know you maybe a very busy person but I know you can try, thanks please keep up the good work

1 Like

Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by Timsin: 2:24pm On Jul 09, 2018
Nice one. Expecting an update soon.
Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by Dessydemmy: 5:14pm On Jul 10, 2018
Weldone dear, please let your update be in time and don't use suspense to kill us.
Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by CodedTobx(m): 8:05pm On Jul 10, 2018
Where is torchlight I need to look for Madera001

1 Like

Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by rildwanullahi(m): 9:29am On Jul 11, 2018
Madera the suspense is making it interesting
Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by mercyymai(f): 8:37pm On Jul 11, 2018
I don miss o.... snc May?
nice Job bro, u are really killing it and the suspense issa bomb!

abeg pls update us o, it more Dan 5 days now
Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by hormoty(m): 10:12am On Jul 12, 2018
Ds story is Bomb!!!
Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by koligns: 12:22pm On Jul 12, 2018
Good story, but the writer dey dull us with updates
Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by chi4smile: 8:10pm On Jul 12, 2018
Nice one dear, keep it up.
Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by jonazter(m): 12:37pm On Jul 15, 2018
Nice one Sir, may ur ink never dry up
Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by koligns: 12:41pm On Jul 15, 2018
If you will not update a whole week then what is the point

You want the whole naira land to comment before you post another short episode

4 Likes

Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by tomgab(m): 1:11pm On Jul 15, 2018
koligns:
If you will not update a whole week then what is the point

You want the whole naira land to comment before you post another short episode
I wonder o

2 Likes

Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by Kaymercury(m): 3:38pm On Jul 15, 2018
what's meaning of this for godsake?

2 Likes

Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by skubido(m): 9:55pm On Jul 17, 2018
OP this kind off ooo, you just come online, read and don't reply your follower cuz u can't tell us u don't see all d comment..

Repent oooo,
Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by koligns: 2:19pm On Jul 20, 2018
The guy dey bomb other people stories for follower, make una chillax :-D :-D

Nah slow writer he be nah why update dey short :-D
Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by horwa140: 2:08am On Jul 21, 2018
haba if you no con see comment you go dey vex well hope you are okay sha .....hope no prob
Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by kdavid07(m): 6:58pm On Aug 04, 2018
Ogbeni. wetin dey happen na, no update since last month abi u don giv up

1 Like

Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by Madera001(m): 10:09am On Aug 06, 2018
THE ENEMY WITHIN

EPISODE 12 CONTINUES

I was stunned. I wanted to be angry at the way she perceived me. I thought I meant more than just that to her and her father even before I got married to her sister. I held back from cutting short her confession; I was interested in every bit of what she had to say so I allowed her to continue. ‘I remember the day I finally finished my last WAEC paper and I knew I had to go away, I will secretly go to the back of the house and cry myself silly, I knew I was going to miss the hell out of you, all the attention you use to give to me, secretly admiring me every time I pass by, I wanted all that to continue but I just had to go. When I got back together with my parents, I wouldn’t stop talking about how brilliant you are, how you helped me overcome my fear of Mathematics and all that, I told them so much about you that they had fallen in love with you even before they met you. All along, I still couldn’t bring myself to tell them exactly how I felt about you, I felt I was too young and my father wouldn’t have none of it, so when I invited you to our house, I wanted them to see how good we could be together, I didn’t bring you to meet my sister, I wanted it to be a trip for you and I. I guess you misjudged it and thought I was setting you up for my Andral. You can imagine the heartbreak I felt when I got to know that you guys were getting married. I cried for weeks, drank myself to stupor and eventually came to terms with it. I didn’t love Jide, I only agreed to date him because I felt it will please you, though it turns out to be your saving grace and when I found out that Andral was going to kill you, I felt responsible for the whole thing, if I hadn’t brought you into the family you probably wouldn’t have met her’. I didn’t utter a single word all through Abigail’s expressions. When she was done she stood up from the bed walk towards me and snatched the bottle of vodka in my hand, threw herself back to the bed and emptied the content.

I just laughed at her naughtiness. I left my previous position by the window and sat beside her on the bed and said ‘damn! Those your secondary school boys back then can really get on my nerve! They will walk majestically to our house in the night asking me “Brother Ben please is Abigail at home?” the way I use to shout at them makes me wonder if they ever say anything to you’ ‘they do’ she replied ‘some of them will be like “warn that Benjamin oo, or else we will waylay him one day and beat the hell out of him” we laughed so hard we were almost falling over each other on the bed. I tried to snatch the bottle of Vodka from her to see if I can salvage anything from it but she wouldn’t give it back, we started struggling for it, one thing led to the other and we started kissing with so much passion and hunger, before you know we were butt naked and…………………………..

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by chisiudeh: 10:28am On Aug 06, 2018
and finally mekwe happened.

Welcome back from your Hiatus

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by izaray(f): 10:41am On Aug 06, 2018
Finally, you're Welcome back sha!
Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by YINKS89(m): 10:47am On Aug 06, 2018
u back i love that kip it up and hit us with the final piece
Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by mikaelangelov: 1:10pm On Aug 06, 2018
guy no be this microscopic-small update we go read o, update like 4 times more plz, to compensate for the wait
Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by mercyymai(f): 7:51pm On Aug 06, 2018
I have even forgotten what the story is all abt. Need to stay from the previous update.

Anyways! Thanks for the update
Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by Qasaforlife(f): 7:58pm On Aug 06, 2018
so happy you are back . Thanks alot
Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by Igyeseh(m): 10:40pm On Aug 06, 2018
Once in a month update, and to worse things, it will be two paragraphs update.
OP, daalu nwanne.
Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by nellaz(m): 7:58am On Aug 07, 2018
beautiful update, but is it not better to update at all than giving us just two lines to read?.
Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by Madera001(m): 4:04am On Aug 11, 2018
THE ENEMY WITHIN - EXPOSED

EPISODE 13

2years Later
I was lying in my bed on a Saturday morning when a call came in. it was an international number but I don’t have it on my phone book.

‘hello….hello Daddy!’ it was a distressed voice, it sounded like Isabella and before I could mutter anything out, she said ‘Daddy it’s me Isabella!’. I

jumped off the bed like I just had an electric shock. I hadn’t heard from her and her mother for the past two years, since Andral and Nnamdi

relocated to the United States of America after my father in-law disowned her. ‘Isabella how are you? Ar..ar..are you okay?’ I was stammering,

confused and agitated, not knowing how to react to the child I once shared a close bond with. ‘Daddy I’m fine’ she replied ‘I have missed you

some much Dad please come and take me away from here’ she was sobbing and I was thrown into more confusion. She had made several efforts

to call me in the past but I think the mother eventually got the best of her, probably threatening her. Since then we could no longer reach each

other. ‘Isabella are you ok, why are you crying?’ ‘I’m at the Police station dad’ ‘Police what?!’ I barked. ‘Where are your mother and Nnamdi?’

‘They have been arrested dad, they were caught with drugs and guns in the car……..’ as she was about to give me further information about the

whole incidence, an adult male, probably a white guy(based on his phonetics and accent) took the phone from her and continued ‘hello, am I

speaking with Mr. Benjamin Onwubulu?’ ‘yes you are’ I replied, ‘ are you acquainted with Isabella Onwubulu and Caleb Onwubulu?’ hearing this

strange man call out those names shocked me to my bone marrows. All the while I thought Andral and her new husband would have since

changed those children’s names to suit their new biological father. I was wrong. Without hesitation I responded ‘yes, they are my children’ ‘Ok

good, we understand that you live in far away Africa sir?’ no sir you are wrong I don’t live in Africa, I live in Nigeria which is a country in Africa’ I

fired. I was tired of Americans and Europeans alike marginalizing Africa as if we all live in one small place and even speaks the same language. ’Oh

ok, thanks for clearing that up sir but I have to say that your attention is needed here in the USA as soon as possible otherwise these children

will be taken to foster homes for better parenting’ he was sounding like he was enjoying this and I was getting really irritated at his audacity.

‘Listen to me and listen good, if anything happens to those children before I arrive the US I will find you and I will do bad things to you, do you

hear me?! I shout so loud and angrily that Abigail had to rush out of the bathroom without wrapping a towel around her waist. ‘Ben what the

problem’ she inquired, I simply held out my index finger as if telling her to pause her reaction. I needed to hear the response of the man from the

other end. ‘sir, sir, I’m sorry if you found this offensive but in case you are not aware, the supposed parents of these children have been arrested

for some serious crime that may fetch them some jail time and it is in the best interest of these kids that we sought to get them to a place as

comfortable as possible, this necessitated why we agreed for her to call someone she knows well, so like I said earlier, we will be needing your

attention here as soon as possible…….’ all along I was just nodding and saying ‘ok’ where necessary, the man continued ‘…..and sir, I understand

you have been to the US before sir, I replied yes and he asked ‘do you still have a valid Visa sir?’ ‘Yes I do, I am on a 5years Visa which won’t be

expiring any time soon’ ‘all good then sir, can I confirm your arrival date sir in order for us to put every paper works in place? By now I was pacing

up and down my bedroom, mentally going through my previous schedule, I really couldn’t see anything holding me back from traveling so I just

replied the man ‘I’ll be in the US by Tuesday’ alright sir, we will be awaiting your arrival, but until then, Mrs. Andral Onwubulu will be placed on

house arrest to allow her look after the children’. I couldn’t care less as to what happens to Andral or even her husband, so for me that last piece

of information was like a waste of saliva ‘whatever man, please pass the phone to my daughter’ I felt like I needed to assure her that I was

coming so she could be at ease ‘hello daddy’ her voice sounding just a little bit relieved ‘Isabella I will be with you by Tuesday ok? Until then look

after your brother very well and stay out of trouble’ I was getting emotional and Abigail couldn’t wait for me to fill her in so I just said my byes

and hung up.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by Kaymercury(m): 6:44am On Aug 11, 2018
welcome back bro
Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by YINKS89(m): 7:33am On Aug 11, 2018
wow.... just wow......... no comment for now. lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Authors On Okadabooks Drop Your Book Info Here / A Night That Destroyed Me.....sex Story / The New Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.