Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,409 members, 7,836,640 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

Last Three Years Under Buhari Has Been A Topsy Turvy One - APC Chieftain - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Last Three Years Under Buhari Has Been A Topsy Turvy One - APC Chieftain (556 Views)

Dave Umahi: Lagos-Calabar Expressway To Be Completed In 8 Years Under Tinubu / One APC Thug Down In Surulere / The Man Who Attacked Buhari Vs The One APC Presented, Any Difference?? (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Last Three Years Under Buhari Has Been A Topsy Turvy One - APC Chieftain by nairavsdollars(f): 7:51am On May 26, 2018
Tunde Ajibulu, a tax consultant and businessman, is a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC). In this interview with TEMIDAYO AKINSUYI, he spoke on the performance of Muhammadu Buhari in the last three years and his expectations in next year’s presidential election. Excerpts:

The Muhammadu Buhari administration will be marking three years on May 29. How will you assess his performance so far?

It has been topsy turvy in the last three years. We have seen the good, the bad and the ugly in our country. Yes, Boko Haram have been degraded, but not completely defeated. There is no doubt they are still a potent force and there could be a resurgence which we must guard against as a country. The herdsmen issue is growing: killings are on the rise and the Government’s slow reaction to this issue has created more division in the country and there doesn’t appear to be a long term plan to nip it in the bud. But we must stop blame game. The Government need to take urgent measures to prevent another Boko Haram-type insurgency disguised as herdsmen. The economy is again contracting after exiting recession, but will no doubt get better in time and agriculture has been given a massive boost. The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) is still pumping currency into the currency market to stabilise the naira. But this is not sustainable in the long term. The unemployment rate is above 18 per cent. We are still paying subsidy for fuel against the policy of the administration despite fuel being sold N145.00 and rising crude prices. How long shall this continue? So like I said, it’s the good bad and the ugly.

Having experienced both APC and PDP, is there any difference between the two?

Of course there is a lot of difference, but in Nigeria there is no clear or strong political ideology in political parties hence the ease of criss-crossing. My experience has shown me there are good people in both parties and I believe the country would be better off if the main parties adopt more clear ideologies as I have come to learn in the current situation, what happens is that the more things change, the more it remains the same.

What are your expectations for the 2019 presidential election?

Like i said earlier, I am not a soothsayer. All i can hope and pray for is a free and fair elections where the people most especially the youth vote for the best candidate, round pegs in round holes for all elective positions in Nigeria. What Nigeria needs is strong, progressive leaders who will work in the interest of their people and fight for a better country for all. I hope we see more of these sorts of leaders emerging next year.

https://independent.ng/buhari-nass-should-unite-for-nigerians-benefit-ajibulu/amp/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Last Three Years Under Buhari Has Been A Topsy Turvy One - APC Chieftain by CodeTemplar: 7:53am On May 26, 2018
Real topsy turvy. Both man made via partisanship and incompetence.
Re: Last Three Years Under Buhari Has Been A Topsy Turvy One - APC Chieftain by Reelectbuhari: 7:58am On May 26, 2018
still dem
Re: Last Three Years Under Buhari Has Been A Topsy Turvy One - APC Chieftain by Skepticus: 9:19am On May 26, 2018
cool

What Topsy-turvy

It's HELLISH!

1 Like

Re: Last Three Years Under Buhari Has Been A Topsy Turvy One - APC Chieftain by Omeokachie: 9:30am On May 26, 2018
"Yes, Boko Haram have been degraded, but not completely defeated. There is no doubt they are still a potent force and there could be a resurgence which we must guard against as a country. The herdsmen issue is growing: killings are on the rise and the Government’s slow reaction to this issue has created more division in the country and there doesn’t appear to be a long term plan to nip it in the bud. But we must stop blame game. The Government need to take urgent measures to prevent another Boko Haram-type insurgency disguised as herdsmen. The economy is again contracting after exiting recession, [/b]but will no doubt get better in time and agriculture has been given a massive boost. The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) is still pumping currency into the currency market to stabilise the naira. [b]But this is not sustainable in the long term. The unemployment rate is above 18 per cent. We are still paying subsidy for fuel against the policy of the administration despite fuel being sold N145.00 and rising crude prices. How long shall this continue?"

Scorecard from an APC chieftain, but BMCs would be jumping from thread to thread causing a nuisance.

1 Like

Re: Last Three Years Under Buhari Has Been A Topsy Turvy One - APC Chieftain by SouthEastFacts: 9:44am On May 26, 2018
Omeokachie:
"Yes, Boko Haram have been degraded, but not completely defeated. There is no doubt they are still a potent force and there could be a resurgence which we must guard against as a country. The herdsmen issue is growing: killings are on the rise and the Government’s slow reaction to this issue has created more division in the country and there doesn’t appear to be a long term plan to nip it in the bud. But we must stop blame game. The Government need to take urgent measures to prevent another Boko Haram-type insurgency disguised as herdsmen. The economy is again contracting after exiting recession, [/b]but will no doubt get better in time and agriculture has been given a massive boost. The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) is still pumping currency into the currency market to stabilise the naira. [b]But this is not sustainable in the long term. The unemployment rate is above 18 per cent. We are still paying subsidy for fuel against the policy of the administration despite fuel being sold N145.00 and rising crude prices. How long shall this continue?"

Scorecard from an APC chieftain, but BMCs would be jumping from thread to thread causing a nuisance.
Madridguy Buhariguy Igbodefender Okoroawusa APCSupporter Sarrki MURIC and other Zom bs I couldn't mention.

Work don show. Defend your Lord and Saviour or forfeit your May BMC salary.

**waiting for the first Zom B to hop in**

1 Like

Re: Last Three Years Under Buhari Has Been A Topsy Turvy One - APC Chieftain by fergie001: 10:19am On May 26, 2018
Look how this man spoke like a human being

Immediately he is taken to Abuja now,
Femi Adesina will become a learner...

Whatever they sniff there in Abuja,I don't understand....

This is something many ne'er-do-wells here will not admit to,whenever you have a contrary view you become their enemy as if the country doesn't belong to all of us...all for 30k...chai
Re: Last Three Years Under Buhari Has Been A Topsy Turvy One - APC Chieftain by Paperwhite(m): 10:24am On May 26, 2018
"The herdsmen issue is growing: killings are on the rise and the Government’s slow reaction to this issue has created more division in the country and there doesn’t appear to be a long term plan to nip it in the bud.

But we must stop blame game. The Government need to take urgent measures to prevent another Boko Haram-type insurgency disguised as herdsmen.

The economy is again contracting after exiting recession....The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) is still pumping currency into the currency market to stabilise the naira. But this is not sustainable in the long term.
The unemployment rate is above 18 per cent.

We are still paying subsidy for fuel against the policy of the administration despite fuel being sold N145.00 and rising crude prices. How long shall this continue? So like I said, it’s the good bad and the ugly.

APC zombies & spin doctors pls come & answer.
Re: Last Three Years Under Buhari Has Been A Topsy Turvy One - APC Chieftain by e7ejinima: 10:46am On May 26, 2018

(1) (Reply)

School Feeding In Ondo Toend After Osinbajo's Visit, Parents Is A Scam / We Need Our Former Governor Back Or Efcc Will Face The Consequences.says Taraba / Fg feeding Program: Pupils Being Served Inside Pieces Of Paper In Kano State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.