Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,590 members, 7,823,552 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

Why You Need To Find A 2nd Source Of Income After Your Salary - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why You Need To Find A 2nd Source Of Income After Your Salary (18456 Views)

How Much Is Your Salary? How Many Months Salary Would Make Up Ur House Rent? / How To Manage Your Salary Wisely / Minimum Wage: How Much Was Added To Your Salary In December 2019? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Need To Find A 2nd Source Of Income After Your Salary by Opinionated: 10:23am On May 26, 2018
Divide your salary by 30 days and see what you get (i.e. the number of days in a month and see the funny thing about your salary plan).

For example, an average level-12 worker in the state government civil service earns N60,000.

And this translates to N 60,000÷30= N 2,000 every day. This is less than the amount made daily by an average hawker in the city.

A freshly employed graduate banker in most Nigerian banks earns an average of N120,000 monthly.

So every day, you get N120,000÷30= N4,000 as the daily value for your work-life. By implication, this is less than the amount earned daily by an average driver in the city and in some villages.

If you are a fresh graduate employee in some oil companies, you earn an average of N300,000 monthly. So in a day your work-value is N300,000 ÷ 30= N10,000

This is less than the daily amount earned by an irrigation farmer supplying vegetables to Lagos markets, a tipper driver supplying sand for three block industries and construction sites just 3 times a day and drivers of Dangote trucks who have bought-off the trucks at scrap value and are using them to convey products between villages and the cities for just five business owners.

Hope by now, it is sinking in, right?

And when there is an issue in the family that requires financial assistance, the drivers, hawkers and the rest are looking up to you with a white collar job.

If you are an NYSC member, you don’t need to be told that:

N19,800÷30 = N660 is your worth on a daily basis.

I hope you know that pure water sellers who own a shop, a pepper soup joint and a small Toyota Corolla car to distribute pure water to five restaurants earn more than you and wheel-barrow pushers working on contract for three warehouses probably make more money than you each day.

Wake up and be more productive. We should be more proactive, create room for more income and strive to diversify our streams of income.

The earlier you wake up and smell the coffee, the better for you.

Someone right now will say this analysis is too ideal to be true but take your time and do it, you will grasp the crux!

Stop waiting for the government to feed you, feed yourself and help the government feed others. That is where we are in this age.

Source: Why You Need to Find a 2nd Source of Income after your Salary

45 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why You Need To Find A 2nd Source Of Income After Your Salary by Opinionated: 10:26am On May 26, 2018
Are you thinking: "I don't know where to start?"

See 20 Businesses You Can Start With N100,000

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why You Need To Find A 2nd Source Of Income After Your Salary by ritalori2(f): 10:50am On May 26, 2018
This writeup is so apt! Different streams of income makes one relax in the long run. At this age, cashing in on the internet advantage is wise. Millions are online, take advantage of any sustainable online business, stop being sceptical and missing out on opportunities.

Check my signature for a simple application to use to earn online.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Need To Find A 2nd Source Of Income After Your Salary by Narldon: 3:38pm On May 26, 2018
True
Re: Why You Need To Find A 2nd Source Of Income After Your Salary by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:38pm On May 26, 2018
BEST THREAD OF THE DAY............after the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINALS THREAD!!

Extra source of income is very necessary.
ONE way does not leads to the market!

Thanks for this priceless thread OP!

You will never see the unserious NL's on this kinda thread, you only see them where they curse and abuse in bitterness from morning till night!

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why You Need To Find A 2nd Source Of Income After Your Salary by BlackHatNaija: 3:39pm On May 26, 2018
Nice post! Just sit down and think about it now.

Life happens. What will become of you if you're fired from your job? If no other source of income, you're in trouble already.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Need To Find A 2nd Source Of Income After Your Salary by Ekeseges(f): 3:40pm On May 26, 2018
Ride on
Re: Why You Need To Find A 2nd Source Of Income After Your Salary by rxmusa(m): 3:41pm On May 26, 2018
Wow
Re: Why You Need To Find A 2nd Source Of Income After Your Salary by ednut1(m): 3:41pm On May 26, 2018
I tried to make bet9ja my second stream of income. After 6 months am like

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why You Need To Find A 2nd Source Of Income After Your Salary by SaAbbas(m): 3:42pm On May 26, 2018
Most of the salary earners have little or no time to run a business.

All the above example you mention spend almost 12-15hrs to get the daily incomes.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Need To Find A 2nd Source Of Income After Your Salary by KIDfurniture(m): 3:44pm On May 26, 2018
I m touched... Well, i m not a salary earner but this one really moved my heart oh..

some of us have never done salary job since we finished NYSC.. even the NYSC.. i had to let someone take it so i can return to my real hustle in my state of Origin.. lol. Thanks to God for the journey so far.. Its been God oh.. while some of us made it Big time through NYSC platform.. while some spent their allaweeee on girls and drinks... today their are submitting CVs every where.. while some left the country and made it big while some can't even return to Nigeria because of shame.. This life ehh... God continue to show us mercy and grace..

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Need To Find A 2nd Source Of Income After Your Salary by StarUp: 3:44pm On May 26, 2018
Passive source of income should be at the forefront of everyone's mind because if you don't find a way to earn while you sleep, you'll work till you die.

3 Likes

Re: Why You Need To Find A 2nd Source Of Income After Your Salary by SolutionMee: 3:45pm On May 26, 2018
cry

Second source for what?

For what exactly

Will that make me to be richer than Bill Gate and Mark Sukrabadge grin grin grin

You don't need a second source of income

What you need is a bigger dream and a higher stream of income

Just a single dream

A single dream like Microsoft, Facebook and Alibaba

A single dream like Nairaland

And when you make enough money, Investment can follow

Then your money will start working for you

What a simple problem I've solved

20 Likes

Re: Why You Need To Find A 2nd Source Of Income After Your Salary by PrinceDave001(m): 3:45pm On May 26, 2018
Nice one
Re: Why You Need To Find A 2nd Source Of Income After Your Salary by Johnrake69: 3:45pm On May 26, 2018
Nice one op. The day my eye opened was when I visited Alaba Market. An LED television repairer at Alaba makes more than #50k on a daily basis. The guy flashed a television within 15 minutes and collected 20k. Another guy that repairs the power pack it didn't take him 30mins and he collected 18k.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why You Need To Find A 2nd Source Of Income After Your Salary by wunmi590(m): 3:46pm On May 26, 2018
Op, stop misleading people, its not 30day, rather 22days, am not saying having a side business is not good, because I am also involved in side business aside my normal monthly salary

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Need To Find A 2nd Source Of Income After Your Salary by Buffalowings3(m): 3:46pm On May 26, 2018
Op is crazy
I thought the link will be about the steps i need to take to start counting millions
The fucker is looking for visitors to his site for monetary gain sad angry

2 Likes

Re: Why You Need To Find A 2nd Source Of Income After Your Salary by Dagaya(m): 3:47pm On May 26, 2018
person never get first source, op dey talk of 2nd.
Anyways in a sane world u need a 2nd source of income..
9ja isn't a sane place to live now, is it?
Anyhow man must survive..

1 Like

Re: Why You Need To Find A 2nd Source Of Income After Your Salary by sammirano: 3:51pm On May 26, 2018
Entrepreneurship ti take over.
Re: Why You Need To Find A 2nd Source Of Income After Your Salary by Siki355(m): 3:54pm On May 26, 2018
side hustle is d bomb
Re: Why You Need To Find A 2nd Source Of Income After Your Salary by erico2k2(m): 3:54pm On May 26, 2018
Opinionated:
Divide your salary by 30 days and see what you get (i.e. the number of days in a month and see the funny thing about your salary plan).

For example, an average level-12 worker in the state government civil service earns N60,000.

And this translates to N 60,000÷30= N 2,000 every day. This is less than the amount made daily by an average hawker in the city.

A freshly employed graduate banker in most Nigerian banks earns an average of N120,000 monthly.

So every day, you get N120,000÷30= N4,000 as the daily value for your work-life. By implication, this is less than the amount earned daily by an average driver in the city and in some villages.

If you are a fresh graduate employee in some oil companies, you earn an average of N300,000 monthly. So in a day your work-value is N300,000 ÷ 30= N10,000

This is less than the daily amount earned by an irrigation farmer supplying vegetables to Lagos markets, a tipper driver supplying sand for three block industries and construction sites just 3 times a day and drivers of Dangote trucks who have bought-off the trucks at scrap value and are using them to convey products between villages and the cities for just five business owners.

Hope by now, it is sinking in, right?

And when there is an issue in the family that requires financial assistance, the drivers, hawkers and the rest are looking up to you with a white collar job.

If you are an NYSC member, you don’t need to be told that:

N19,800÷30 = N660 is your worth on a daily basis.

I hope you know that pure water sellers who own a shop, a pepper soup joint and a small Toyota Corolla car to distribute pure water to five restaurants earn more than you and wheel-barrow pushers working on contract for three warehouses probably make more money than you each day.

Wake up and be more productive. We should be more proactive, create room for more income and strive to diversify our streams of income.

The earlier you wake up and smell the coffee, the better for you.

Someone right now will say this analysis is too ideal to be true but take your time and do it, you will grasp the crux!

Stop waiting for the government to feed you, feed yourself and help the government feed others. That is where we are in this age.

Source: Why You Need to Find a 2nd Source of Income after your Salary

Extreme education OP
I hope the young ones can key into this school of thought. Just cos You sit in one office do not give you the right to look down on others plus you work men too, sit up, you earn far more than the so called salary earners!

2 Likes

Re: Why You Need To Find A 2nd Source Of Income After Your Salary by millionboi2: 3:54pm On May 26, 2018
Paid employment is a scam.

Except thy is a pot hole where they steal from.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Friend Was Asked To Resign Because He Has A Company Of His Own. / Henrietta Yakubu: FAAN Extorts Arik Air Staff Over Passenger Extortion / 15,000 NIPOST Workers To Lose Jobs, Threaten Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.