Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,668 members, 7,823,888 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

Please I Need Opinions On Carina E - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please I Need Opinions On Carina E (2576 Views)

Please I Need Opinions On 2001 Honda Civic / I Need Toyota Carina E / My Toyota Carina 1998 Emit Black Smoke Thirstier Than A Vampire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need Opinions On Carina E by BeardedTraveler: 3:32pm On May 26, 2018
Hello everyone, please I need expert and users' opinions on Toyota Carina E. I'm close to buying one presently and I need to know what I'm getting.

My priorities - Fuel ECONOMY, reliability, spare parts availability and ability to survive rough roads.

Also, I need to know if there's a particular year or engine type that I should aim at.

Lastly, I have some offers for around 450k now, fair enough? Or should I rather go for another car?

Thanks all.

cc gazzuzz, nurey, kingreign, diportivo, egunmogaji, honmusa, princetom1 et al
Re: Please I Need Opinions On Carina E by urose93(f): 3:57pm On May 26, 2018
Go for it, you will not regret. But carefully make all the due diligence and be sure of it present condition. If you are lucky to see a sound one at that price, I think it should be a good buy. Any year model should be fine to go. From a former owner
Re: Please I Need Opinions On Carina E by Nobody: 4:03pm On May 26, 2018
BeardedTraveler:
Hello everyone, please I need expert and users' opinions on Carina E. I'm close to buying one presently and I need to know what I'm getting.

My priorities - Fuel ECONOMY, reliability, spare parts availability and ability to survive rough roads.

Also, I need to know if there's a particular year or engine type that I should aim at.

Lastly, I have some offers for around 450k now, fair enough? Or should I rather go for another car?

Thanks all.

I have no idea what a Carina is but my advice is to buy the individual car, not the brand or seller.

Good luck.
Re: Please I Need Opinions On Carina E by weyreypey: 4:10pm On May 26, 2018
Get it inspected very well... But @ 450 the AC must be working, first body and sound auto transmission
Re: Please I Need Opinions On Carina E by Powerexpert: 4:18pm On May 26, 2018
Google si your friend smiley
The Toyota Carina is an automobile which was manufactured by Toyota from December 1970 to 2001. (wikipedia)
Finish the advise now
EgunMogaji:

I have no idea what a Carina is but my advice is to buy the individual car, not the brand or seller.

Good luck.
Re: Please I Need Opinions On Carina E by jaychubi: 4:33pm On May 26, 2018
Carina e is strong n reliable, a work horse dt can go through rough terrain

Go for the 4afe engine if u want to get d best fuel economy. 10l will easily give u 100km in city driving

Nice ride for starters

Opinion of user

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Opinions On Carina E by Nobody: 5:22pm On May 26, 2018
Powerexpert:
Google si your friend smiley
The Toyota Carina is an automobile which was manufactured by Toyota from December 1970 to 2001. (wikipedia)
Finish the advise now

No interest in that info.
Re: Please I Need Opinions On Carina E by Powerexpert: 5:26pm On May 26, 2018
kikikiki! Lazy Nigerian youth grin
EgunMogaji:

No interest in that info.
Re: Please I Need Opinions On Carina E by Nobody: 5:33pm On May 26, 2018
Powerexpert:
kikikiki! Lazy Nigerian youth grin

More like #FocusedNigerianElder

I have no interest in loading my brain with useless data.
Re: Please I Need Opinions On Carina E by Powerexpert: 5:36pm On May 26, 2018
unh! you umbrellarized the matter
EgunMogaji:

More like #FocusedNigerianElder

Re: Please I Need Opinions On Carina E by nurey(m): 5:55pm On May 26, 2018
BeardedTraveler:
Hello everyone, please I need expert and users' opinions on Toyota Carina E. I'm close to buying one presently and I need to know what I'm getting.

Thanks all.

just ensure its the 2.0L version not the 1.8L cause the spare parts for the 1.8 scarce compaired to 2.0

you can also buy the avensis version too if the carina E you come across aren't beautiful. the manual version of this car is very responsive, I had a supervisor lecturer then who used it, I nicknamed him Ruff-Ryder the man dey rape any i4 vehicle in its class
Re: Please I Need Opinions On Carina E by SmartToyota(m): 6:11pm On May 26, 2018
Just follow the advice.
Carina E 2.0
nurey:

just ensure its the 2.0L version not the 1.8L cause the spare parts for the 1.8 scarce compaired to 2.0

you can also buy the avensis version too if the carina E you come across aren't beautiful. the manual version of this car is very responsive, I had a supervisor lecturer then who used it, I nicknamed him Ruff-Ryder the man dey rape any i4 vehicle in its class

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Opinions On Carina E by BeardedTraveler: 6:51pm On May 26, 2018
urose93:
Go for it, you will not regret. But carefully make all the due diligence and be sure of it present condition. If you are lucky to see a sound one at that price, I think it should be a good buy. Any year model should be fine to go. From a former owner

Thanks ma'am
Re: Please I Need Opinions On Carina E by BeardedTraveler: 6:51pm On May 26, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Good luck.

Okay. Thanks for the advice

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Opinions On Carina E by BeardedTraveler: 6:55pm On May 26, 2018
nurey:

you can also buy the avensis version too if the carina E you come across aren't beautiful. the manual version of this car is very responsive , I had a supervisor lecturer then who used it, I nicknamed him Ruff-Ryder the man dey rape any i4 vehicle in its class

Is the Avensis version as fuel efficient as the Carina?

At the bolded, you mean the manual version of Carina, right?
Re: Please I Need Opinions On Carina E by HenryWilliams(m): 7:23pm On May 26, 2018
Either the 1.8 or 2.0. The Carina E is a rugged car. Powerful and fuel economy is superb. Go for the manual if u can.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Opinions On Carina E by nurey(m): 7:24pm On May 26, 2018
BeardedTraveler:

Is the Avensis version as fuel efficient as the Carina?

At the bolded, you mean the manual version of Carina, right?

avensis and carina E are same vehicle only shape different, manual version yes responsive

Re: Please I Need Opinions On Carina E by baaliyah(m): 7:40pm On May 26, 2018
nurey:

avensis and carina E are same vehicle only shape different, manual version yes responsive

Avensis replaces Carina E

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Opinions On Carina E by weyreypey: 8:03pm On May 26, 2018
nurey:

What exactly is the problem with the automatic transmission version?
Re: Please I Need Opinions On Carina E by BeardedTraveler: 8:10pm On May 26, 2018
nurey:

Okay. Thanks. I hope the difference between the fuel consumption of the 2.0L and 1.8L version isn't much though cheesy
Re: Please I Need Opinions On Carina E by nurey(m): 8:46pm On May 26, 2018
BeardedTraveler:

Okay. Thanks. I hope the difference between the fuel consumption of the 2.0L and 1.8L version isn't much though cheesy

Difference is non negligible
Re: Please I Need Opinions On Carina E by nurey(m): 8:48pm On May 26, 2018
weyreypey:

What exactly is the problem with the automatic transmission version?

nothing is the problem toyota majorly uses A/T with 4 speed, they are extremely slow and their gear ratio is nothing to write home about reason I always prefer 5speed manual, sharpness
Re: Please I Need Opinions On Carina E by nurey(m): 8:50pm On May 26, 2018
baaliyah:

Avensis replaces Carina E

avensis replaced carina E in Europe, carina was rebadged as something else.

it is just like the toyota crown which is exclusive only to JDM but strip down rebadged version Avalon available in other market
Re: Please I Need Opinions On Carina E by BeardedTraveler: 5:19pm On May 27, 2018
Update on this, 2 of the cars I was hoping to buy have been sold embarassed and the 3rd one is priced beyond my reach (#600k).

I think I'll go for Honda Civic 2001 then...

Thanks for your advice urose93 egunmogaji weyreypey powerexpert jaychubi nurey smartToyota Henry Williams baaliyah

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Opinions On Carina E by nauwoconsdi1977: 11:06am On Jun 19, 2023
Are you looking for a reliable car for your commute? The Toyota Carina E is a great choice for Nigerian drivers. In this article, we'll discuss the features and benefits of the Toyota Carina E in Nigeria. The engine is also fuel-efficient, so you can save money at the pump. The Carina E also comes with a variety of features, such as power locks, power windows, airbags, and more. The car is built to last, making it perfect for Nigerian drivers who need a reliable car. Additionally, the car is easy to maintain, making it a great choice for those who don't have a lot of time to spend on maintenance.

The Carina E also comes with a variety of features, such as power locks, power windows, airbags, and more. The car is built to last, making it perfect for Nigerian drivers who need a reliable car. Additionally, the car is easy to maintain, making it a great choice for those who don't have a lot of time to spend on maintenance. The car is relatively inexpensive, so you can save money on your purchase.

Overall, the Toyota Carina E is a great choice for Nigerian drivers who need a reliable car. If you're looking for a reliable car for your commute, the Toyota Carina E is a great option.

The car is relatively inexpensive, so you can save money on your purchase.

Overall, the Toyota Carina E is a great choice for Nigerian drivers who need a reliable car. If you're looking for a reliable car for your commute, the Toyota Carina E is a great option.

The car is durable, comfortable, and affordable, making it a great choice for those who need a quality car. To learn more about the Toyota Carina E in Nigeria, check out this comprehensive review: reviewradar_42web_io/2023/06/12/toyota-carina-e-cars-in-nigeria-a-comprehensive-review/..

To learn more about the Toyota Carina E in Nigeria, check out this comprehensive review: reviewradar_42web_io/2023/06/12/toyota-carina-e-cars-in-nigeria-a-comprehensive-review/..

(1) (Reply)

Lexus Rx 350 2010 / Nissan Altima Issue - P1777 / Is It Good To Buy N100000 Motor Car At Olx

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.