Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,200 members, 7,818,666 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

Sowore Becomes First Presidential Aspirant To Visit Bakassi Idps Camp - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sowore Becomes First Presidential Aspirant To Visit Bakassi Idps Camp (759 Views)

Abdulsalami Abubakar: Some Of Us Will Leave Nigeria If Sowore Becomes President / Saraki Becomes The First Presidential Aspirant To Publish A Policy Document / Fire At Maiduguri IDPs Camp Kills Infant, Destroys 620 Shelters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sowore Becomes First Presidential Aspirant To Visit Bakassi Idps Camp by sowore2019: 8:39pm On May 26, 2018
It was a very emotional moment for everyone of us on trip, especially #Sowore who was visiting Bakassi for the first time.

There are over 3000 IDPs in one of the camps. They are housed in open classroom blocks. No electricity, no water, no Medicare, no toilets, no school for the kids, etc.

A woman had died, just under two months ago while trying to deliver a baby and the corpse is still being embalmed because the husband can't afford NGN200,000 to buy a casket and a piece of land to bury her. The baby was successful delivered and he is being taken care of by another lady.

"If not for Channels TV that has been buying milk to feed this boy, he would have died by now. It is only Channels TV that has helped with the milk he drinks everyday. They have been buying for him since he was born about two months ago. God will bless Channels TV."

Those were the words of Ene, the IDP camp commander.

#Sowore immediately provided the NGN200,000 so that the dead can be buried. He provided another NGN50,000 for the upkeep of the baby for the next one week after which he pledged to personally continue and ensure the boy's fortune changes for good.

#Sowore has also commenced arrangements to begin drilling a borehole in the camp to ease the plight of the IDPs who still get their water from a nearby stream.

I (Yours Sincerely) is already making arrangements for the borehole which should be done within the next one month.

Above all, #Sowore promised the IDPs that:

"If I ever had any doubt that we need to chase our current leaders out, what I have seen here today is a further confirmation of that my conviction. By next year when we win, we will immediately do something about this terrible situation I am seeing here within our first three months in office. We will provide a permanent solution to this inhumanity that these Nigerians are being subjected to here by our leaders."

Hope was evident on the faces of the IDPs.

They said he is the first presidential aspirant who has thought about them and visited to see their plight first hand and assured him of their readiness to #TakeNigeriaBack with #Sowore.

1 Like

Re: Sowore Becomes First Presidential Aspirant To Visit Bakassi Idps Camp by sowore2019: 8:45pm On May 26, 2018
Scene

Re: Sowore Becomes First Presidential Aspirant To Visit Bakassi Idps Camp by sasquareT(m): 8:49pm On May 26, 2018
Sowore if I am ever going to vote in this coming election then you my friend have my vote....
but in known time I'll like you to come out to tell Nigerian how you intend to run your administration which will translate to a better living of your citizen

2 Likes

Re: Sowore Becomes First Presidential Aspirant To Visit Bakassi Idps Camp by CodeTemplar: 8:49pm On May 26, 2018
Buhari has been trapped in Aso Rock and now belongs to this cabinet and no poor man.
Re: Sowore Becomes First Presidential Aspirant To Visit Bakassi Idps Camp by nabiz(m): 10:18pm On May 26, 2018
that's my guy

2 Likes

Re: Sowore Becomes First Presidential Aspirant To Visit Bakassi Idps Camp by SamuelAnyawu(m): 10:31pm On May 26, 2018
grin grin Kudos Sowore
Re: Sowore Becomes First Presidential Aspirant To Visit Bakassi Idps Camp by Westbestside: 11:55pm On May 26, 2018
It shall not be well with buhari and his lazy children. His useless son had accident with a bike worth 80million naira and so many people are here without light and water. Oloriburuku somebody.
Re: Sowore Becomes First Presidential Aspirant To Visit Bakassi Idps Camp by sowore2019: 12:26am On May 27, 2018

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

If DC Had Gone With This Poster For BvS... / Buhari Should Resign, There Were Less Killings Under Jonathan Govt – Sheikh Gumi / See Who Benefited From Abacha's Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.