Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:09 AM

Mtn Deducting My Credit Balance. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mtn Deducting My Credit Balance. (6868 Views)

Why Is Mtn Deducting My Money When I Still Have Mb / Etisalat Deducting Internet Charge From My Phone Illegally / MTN Removing My Credit Instead Of Data Bundle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mtn Deducting My Credit Balance. by ThoniaSlim(f): 4:34pm On May 27, 2010
When I arrived Nigeria, I subscribed to the mtn bb services. But it expired on tue n I've not activated it cus I'll b going back in a week time. Now the issue is, I use the wifi at home to browse. But since yesterday Mtn has been deducting my credit balance n I don't know the reason why. I use a bb bold 9000 and browse with d bb browser/bolt/opera.
I've tried calling their crappy call center but had no success.They just kept me on waiting for almost an hour on diff occasions. So I just gave up calling them. Pls
does anyone know the reason for this deduction?
Re: Mtn Deducting My Credit Balance. by TCD: 6:05pm On May 27, 2010
Maybe na VAT dem dey deduct lol
Re: Mtn Deducting My Credit Balance. by semid4lyfe(m): 6:32pm On May 27, 2010
MTN = Mobile Thieves Network. . . grin grin grin
Re: Mtn Deducting My Credit Balance. by mamagee3(f): 12:35am On May 28, 2010
semid4lyfe:

grin grin grin grin
Re: Mtn Deducting My Credit Balance. by HTML5: 1:06am On May 28, 2010
haha! Power of Naija!
Re: Mtn Deducting My Credit Balance. by tosinaded(m): 11:20am On May 28, 2010
When I arrived Nigeria, I subscribed to the mtn bb services. But it expired on tue n I've not activated it cus I'll b going back in a week time. Now the issue is, I use the wifi at home to browse. But since yesterday Mtn has been deducting my credit balance n I don't know the reason why. I use a bb bold 9000 and browse with d bb browser/bolt/opera.
I've tried calling their crappy call center but had no success.They just kept me on waiting for almost an hour on diff occasions. So I just gave up calling them. Pls

here resemble mtn nigeria??
u cal dem crappy, web u were buying it, didt u know they were crappy?
Re: Mtn Deducting My Credit Balance. by adventisty: 11:25am On May 28, 2010
HI, This may not be relevant to this topic but I sure beleive this is very important good news. I dont know how to create new topics hence I am using this medium. Please find below:

 Reps stops [Post- UME test ]

The House of Representatives on Thursday outlawed the post-University Matriculation Examination (UME) test conducted by universities. The ban on the screening of prospective undergraduates who pass the examination conducted by the Joint Administration and Matriculation Board (JAMB) arose from a motion moved by Samson Positive (PDP, Kogi). The House also passed a resolution mandating its Education and Justice Committees to investigate the JAMB for demanding an extra N10, 000 each from 82,000 candidates whose results in the recent Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) were not released or partially released before they can get their full results. In the first motion, Positive said a post-UME test by universities before giving admission to candidates who have passed the UME is an aberration that must be stopped in the interest of candidates and their parents who suffer unduly.

Daily Independent
Re: Mtn Deducting My Credit Balance. by axeman85(m): 11:32am On May 28, 2010
@poster

sorry to hear that oo. they are bunch of useless service provider. while i was in nigeria as well. i decided to browse wth my phone by linking it to my laptop. i bought 1500naira credit and used 100 which means i still had 1400naira after connected my phone to my laptop, i checked facebook just for about less than 5mins and logged off, and disconnected my hpone, when i checked my balance i had 0.00 bal left. i will never do dat agin i will jst go nd buy starcomms modem wen next am in town.
Re: Mtn Deducting My Credit Balance. by Maleeq(m): 11:36am On May 28, 2010
tosinaded@:

here resemble mtn nigeria??
u cal dem crappy, web u were buying it, didt u know they were crappy?
Shooooo! This guy dey vex o! Calm down abeg! grin
Re: Mtn Deducting My Credit Balance. by sizzlers(m): 11:54am On May 28, 2010
adventisty:

HI, This may not be relevant to this topic but I sure beleive this is very important good news. I dont know how to create new topics hence I am using this medium. Please find below:

 Reps stops [Post- UME test ]

The House of Representatives on Thursday outlawed the post-University Matriculation Examination (UME) test conducted by universities. The ban on the screening of prospective undergraduates who pass the examination conducted by the Joint Administration and Matriculation Board (JAMB) arose from a motion moved by Samson Positive (PDP, Kogi). The House also passed a resolution mandating its Education and Justice Committees to investigate the JAMB for demanding an extra N10, 000 each from 82,000 candidates whose results in the recent Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) were not released or partially released before they can get their full results. In the first motion, Positive said a post-UME test by universities before giving admission to candidates who have passed the UME is an aberration that must be stopped in the interest of candidates and their parents who suffer unduly.

Daily Independent

GOOD NEWS but it's off topic though,
Re: Mtn Deducting My Credit Balance. by phatloomy(m): 12:11pm On May 28, 2010
I dont work with MTN but I think the reason why you were being billed is because while using wifi, you were using the browser which is connected to the network. in situations like that its best you switch the network service off while using wifi so the only connection available is wifi. else you use a network not configured for data then you use wifi.
Re: Mtn Deducting My Credit Balance. by Youngichou(m): 12:36pm On May 28, 2010
@ poster so this made head page. Rubbish
Re: Mtn Deducting My Credit Balance. by U1(m): 1:12pm On May 28, 2010
Don't be surprised, lady. Those fellows (at MTN) are not through with you, yet. They are still making use of teaspoon to drink your coffee, before you know it they will graduate to tablespoon. grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Mtn Deducting My Credit Balance. by Nobody: 1:55pm On May 28, 2010
@OP
Use Etisalat network next time sorry oooo. As a matter of fact Etisalat is running a promo on their BB product where the customer gets one month free subscription when he subcribes for two month, isnt that lovely?
That's what am using now,
Re: Mtn Deducting My Credit Balance. by SUPASTAR: 2:56pm On May 28, 2010
they are thieves. ncc need to investigate into this fraudulent act and save us from this mess else we send efcc to take charge
Re: Mtn Deducting My Credit Balance. by youngbobby(m): 3:01pm On May 28, 2010
ThoniaSlim:

Well that is what you get from Nigerian services. What turns me off is their service to their customers on the level of the  so called "Customer Care". I mean why is the customer care there when the customers cannot get through to them.

@ThoniaSlim I think maybe you try sending a message from their official site http://mtnonline.com smiley

Hope that helps!
Re: Mtn Deducting My Credit Balance. by maxtop(m): 3:41pm On May 28, 2010
semid4lyfe:

2nded,
Re: Mtn Deducting My Credit Balance. by jokingmary(m): 4:00pm On May 28, 2010
semid4lyfe:

right

if you want to do anything with MTN (Mobile Thieves Network) then prepare to endure stealing
Re: Mtn Deducting My Credit Balance. by Kx: 4:00pm On May 28, 2010
semid4lyfe:

can u tell us the thiefy thiefy full name of ZAIN and ETISALAT, u can do it,trust me grin
Re: Mtn Deducting My Credit Balance. by wazobiang: 4:02pm On May 28, 2010
use kerosene fone. e no dey recharge credit. just pour kerosene insie.
Re: Mtn Deducting My Credit Balance. by puskin: 4:08pm On May 28, 2010
ThoniaSlim:

. . . . . . and if U see how many CC ppl they have in that building cal'd Maritime house. . . . . . U begin to wonder what exactly they do in there.

Imagine 7floors filled entirely with CC agents every hour of the day and nite.

Then U'll know that putting U on hold for 1 hour is a deliberate attempt to frustrate you.
Re: Mtn Deducting My Credit Balance. by ThoniaSlim(f): 4:08pm On May 28, 2010
phatloomy:

I dont work with MTN but I think the reason why you were being billed is because while using wifi, you were using the browser which is connected to the network. in situations like that its best you switch the network service off while using wifi so the only connection available is wifi. else you use a network not configured for data then you use wifi.

Thanks a million. Tried this and it worked. Though its kinda of an inconvenience, I'll just have to bear since I'll be leaving soon.
Re: Mtn Deducting My Credit Balance. by ashaby(f): 4:09pm On May 28, 2010
I have a similar challenge with the network but mine is not related to making use of their internet service. All i know is that my credit disappears as soon as i load a recharge card and fail to exhaust it in 10-15 mins. Pls dont tell me to call or email 180 cos i don overdo that one. E don tire me
Re: Mtn Deducting My Credit Balance. by ThoniaSlim(f): 4:23pm On May 28, 2010
@puskin

If they have that number of customer care, why do they keep people on calling waiting for hours?

I also think is to frustrate the caller into hanging up.

I think they should just scrape out their so-called customer care cus its pointless if peeps can't get through to them.

I've learned my lesson. I'm not gonna use mtn the next time I visit.
Re: Mtn Deducting My Credit Balance. by Adechyno(m): 6:03pm On May 28, 2010
Yu mean say MTN fap yur money 4 ur fone,  Eeya sori, pls dnt use MTN nxt tym u come,  Try Zain or Glo,  Ni ile aye e oni se iru mo,  grin grin
Re: Mtn Deducting My Credit Balance. by etaurus(m): 6:05pm On May 28, 2010
semid4lyfe:

LMFAO,
Re: Mtn Deducting My Credit Balance. by Newest: 6:43pm On May 28, 2010
@poster

thank God u'v found a lil help

ashaby:

I have a similar challenge with the network but mine is not related to making use of their internet service. All i know is that my credit disappears as soon as i load a recharge card and fail to exhaust it in 10-15 mins. Pls dont tell me to call or email 180 cos i don overdo that one. E don tire me

E ya pele oo, maybe don dey help u turn ur line to business line, or perharps they change your tariff to , Vermous as u Recharge tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Mtn Deducting My Credit Balance. by dipo2much(m): 7:56pm On May 28, 2010
Those bullies should be sued. Its thought provoking when one thinks of how much money they get by ripping ppl off
Re: Mtn Deducting My Credit Balance. by Nobody: 10:12pm On May 28, 2010
Hi Thonia. Its been years. Whats up with life? Anyway did it work out between you and Davidylan?
Re: Mtn Deducting My Credit Balance. by ThoniaSlim(f): 10:19pm On May 28, 2010
babaearly:

Hi Thonia. Its been years. Whats up with life? Anyway did it work out between you and Davidylan?
Ehhmm, what d hell you talking abt n who are you
Re: Mtn Deducting My Credit Balance. by sugafoot(m): 12:43am On May 29, 2010
coolpassing

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Use Netflix With Little Data And Download Netflix Unlimited / New Innjoo Fire Plus Official Thread / First Touch Soccer 2020 Apk+obb+data Download- Uchetechs.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.