Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,919 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:22 PM

Obasanjo, ADC, 30 Other Parties In Alliance Deal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo, ADC, 30 Other Parties In Alliance Deal (911 Views)

We Are Not In Alliance With Any Political Party - Labour Party / Emmanuel Ikechukwu, RCCG Pastor, Declares For Presidency Under Obasanjo’s ADC / Obasanjo’s ADC Reveals Content Of Invitation Letters To Govs, Lawmakers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo, ADC, 30 Other Parties In Alliance Deal by 1Ebiscoo: 6:51am On May 27, 2018
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo and his party, the African Democratic Congress (ADC), have said that they would unveil their plans to rescue Nigeria at a public event next month. Obasanjo had led prominent members of his political movement, Coalition for Nigeria Movement (CNM), including former governors, Olagunsoye Oyinlola (Lagos and Osun states), and Donald Duke (Cross River State), to address a press conference in Abuja last week, saying that they had collapsed their structures into ADC.

The National Chairman of ADC, Okey Nwosu, who spoke in a telephone interview with THISDAY yesterday, said the party was adopting a three-pronged approach of merger, alliance, and fusion with like-minded political parties and organisations to ensure that it secures victory at the 2019 polls. He said ADC was pursuing another alliance with about 30 other registered political parties operating under the auspices of the Coalition for a New Nigeria (CNN).

Nwosu said, “We have started the reorganisation of the party, and by June, we are going to address the nation on the way forward and the promise ADC has for Nigerians.

“By June, we are going to address the nation on the way forward and what ADC has in stock for Nigeria and Africa.”

He said CNM had fully integrated into the structures of ADC and that both were now one entity.

According to him, “We are just working on a document to create a continental brand from the ADC, a model political party like no one before.”

On what would be the fate of the present leadership of ADC since the entrants would be interested in playing key leadership roles, Nwosu said he would not mind giving a chance for a party structure to emerge if that would help the party succeed in its mission to rescue the country from its present bad situation.

He said, “Our party had its last national convention in 2015 and at that time, we said the founding national executives could continue in their offices until such a time that the party will start to take a real life. With this fusion we are undergoing now and the membership we have, I feel we are taking a new life. So any moment from now we are going to fix our convention.

“The most important thing for people like me is that I have founded a party that eminent Nigerians approve as a proper vehicle to address the inadequacies that brought about the political situation in our country.

“So I am fulfilled and I am like a missionary on a mission of nation-building. Position doesn’t matter to me and most members of the party. My preoccupation from now on is how to move this party to the Villa and state government houses in Nigeria.”

On whether more political bigwigs are expected to toe the line of Obasanjo to join the ADC, Nwosu said though the party had a good number of top politicians, both serving and former government functionaries that had shown readiness to join ADC, the emphasis of the new movement was the grassroots.

Equally reacting to speculations that many governors and legislators were eager to join forces with ADC, Nwosu said, “Those are strategic matters, they would unfold at the appropriate time. We are planning and I think what makes us different is that we have sent letters to governors, senators, members of the House of Representatives, and if they can adapt to ADC ways, we will receive them

“We are a grassroots party and that is where our strength lies. We have always had a challenge of not having enough resources to show what we are capable of doing. Even in some places where we have won elections, the people in government tend to take the powerful influence of state structures to take the victories away. But I think with the influx of influential personalities that situation will end.

“The biggest assets of the party are the young people and women, not the kind big men Nigerians were used to. Almost everybody in Nigeria is not happy with the way the country is going. And if Obasanjo, Babangida, Danjuma, the bishops, and the religious leaders, both Christian and Moslem, have said that enough is enough, and have come to identify with a party that can properly package the polity and address issues of nation-building, we must be taken seriously.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/05/obasanjo-adc-30-other-parties-in.html

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo, ADC, 30 Other Parties In Alliance Deal by Nukilia: 6:54am On May 27, 2018
I am just tired of the national and international embarrassment APC and their crooks are bringing upon Nigerians at the moment. Booting them out via the polls will save Nigeria from future embarrassment...

A country where the youths are striving hard to make it and the president goes out there to make terrible remarks about his citizens. PMB has been keeping quiet for some time now and all you hear is presidency what what what.... A little opportunity for the crook to travel abroad, he'll be granting interviews to BBC telling them how Nigerians are terrible people.

#BuhariMustGo #Mediocrity.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo, ADC, 30 Other Parties In Alliance Deal by heendrix(m): 7:01am On May 27, 2018
okay over to those who would still come blindly to rant buhari cant be beaten or buhari till 2023

but for real the man's gonna have sleepless night coz of obj.

#time_to_deliver_nigeria from bloodsuckers
Re: Obasanjo, ADC, 30 Other Parties In Alliance Deal by sowore2019: 7:06am On May 27, 2018
No to association of vampires, it is time to take Nigeria back. #Sowore2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo, ADC, 30 Other Parties In Alliance Deal by johnmartus(m): 7:11am On May 27, 2018
grin you tired at this stage? I hope you will not commit suicide because buhari is coming back in 2019.And for you obj I think you should respect your old age don't useless yourself in this coming election because none can defeat buhari.
Nukilia:
I am just tired of the national and international embarrassment APC and their crooks are bringing upon Nigerians at the moment. Booting them out via the polls will save Nigeria from future embarrassment...

A country where the youths are striving hard to make it and the president goes out there to make terrible remarks about his citizens. PMB has been keeping quiet for some time now and all you hear is presidency what what what.... A little opportunity for the crook to travel abroad, he'll be granting interviews to BBC telling them how Nigerians are terrible people.

#BuhariMustGo #Mediocrity.
Re: Obasanjo, ADC, 30 Other Parties In Alliance Deal by CarlosTheJackal: 7:25am On May 27, 2018
johnmartus:
grin you tired at this stage? I hope you will not commit suicide because buhari is coming back in 2019.And for you obj I think you should respect your old age don't useless yourself in this coming election because none can defeat buhari.
Tell me the story of your English teacher. Let's start from the root of your problem

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo, ADC, 30 Other Parties In Alliance Deal by Nukilia: 8:04am On May 27, 2018
johnmartus:

Growing up to see the level of cruelty meted out to Nigerians by the Abach government, I wasn't so surprised that he had praise singers just like PMB does today. The question we ask ourselves is ; are we comfortable with the way things a going at the moment?

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo, ADC, 30 Other Parties In Alliance Deal by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:06am On May 27, 2018
grin grin grin
Re: Obasanjo, ADC, 30 Other Parties In Alliance Deal by omokab: 8:35am On May 27, 2018
Obasanjo normal place suppose to be forest where he is look alike live. Am not saying people should not complaint about this present government or any other government but not the type of obasanjo who his own government is the worst so ever in term of corruption( gana must go bag in the national assembly for third term, 16 billion dollars for electricity without power, hallibuton scandal and so on),lack of good roads especially in his south west area and so on. Obasanjo was fighting for his own selfish interest not for the masses. Anybody supporting obasanjo don't know what he/she is doing.
Re: Obasanjo, ADC, 30 Other Parties In Alliance Deal by HtwoOw: 11:27am On May 27, 2018
Deal's off

(1) (Reply)

Ohanaeze Warns FG Against Using Public Funds To Build Ranches / Dogara's Aide Dump Apc In Kaduna State / Another Lawmaker Dumps APC For SDP, Gives Reason

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.