Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,414 members, 7,836,661 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

Between Ronaldo And Messi, Who Do You Think Deserves This Year's Balon D'or - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Between Ronaldo And Messi, Who Do You Think Deserves This Year's Balon D'or (4962 Views)

No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) / Winning A 7th Balon D'or Would Be Crazy - Lionel Messi / Who Do You Guys Think Deserves To Be Called Africa's Best Player. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between Ronaldo And Messi, Who Do You Think Deserves This Year's Balon D'or by Misterdhee1(m): 6:11pm On May 27, 2018
fergie001:

So there was no mediocrity,it was justified,right?
So the same thing that applied to Messi in 2010 applied to Ronaldo in 2014?
Messi won the la-liga that season,but you and I know the UCL is the biggest platform in club football...
He lost to a Sneijder-inspired Inter...
Do you also know he won the treble?
Do you also know he won the Super cup?
Do you also know he was the joint top-scorer at that world cup?
I mean Sneijder...

You and I know it was Sneijder and Ribery's years....
But Ronaldo and Messi complicates football.....
On another night,with another club.....nobody will care..

But with Ronaldo,top scorer at the UCL
44goals in 43 games

Forget it,he will win it this year....unless Argentina makes a big statement cos I do not think Portugal would...

This is a popularity contest...and it's ronaldo v Messi.....

These days,it's trophies at the big stage
Goals at the big stage...
These are the things that matter and the politics that attach.....

Pre-2010,the world cup decides the ballon d or,but it's now an era where popularity and trophies at the big stage counts...
You still dont get it bro. MESSI is still preferred by most soccer commentators to Ronaldo. But when cr7 performs spectacular in a year, no one has a choice than vote him over Messi. This year, Messi has been more spectacular with better stats. And Messi will most likely perform better at the World cup. So he obviously has the edge as long as his team doesnt crash out before the semis. A Cr7's goal yesternight would have probably killed off the race but dude has been largely ineffective for 3 games in a row, nd those games won his team the ucl.
Re: Between Ronaldo And Messi, Who Do You Think Deserves This Year's Balon D'or by fergie001: 6:22pm On May 27, 2018
Misterdhee1:

You still dont get it bro. MESSI is still preferred by most soccer commentators to Ronaldo. But when cr7 performs spectacular in a year, no one has a choice than vote him over Messi. This year, Messi has been more spectacular with better stats. And Messi will most likely perform better at the World cup. So he obviously has the edge as long as his team doesnt crash out before the semis. A Cr7's goal yesternight would have probably killed off the race but dude has been largely ineffective for 3 games in a row, nd those games won his team the ucl.
Make we no argue,until then........
No goals yesterday,yet highest goal scorer of the competition a record 5 times....
We are saying the same thing ,World cup.....because it's a world cup year......if not a world cup year,let's hear the truth..who should have been favourite for now?
We won't vote sha....
Let's keep fingers crossed....
Re: Between Ronaldo And Messi, Who Do You Think Deserves This Year's Balon D'or by obonujoker(m): 6:25pm On May 27, 2018
Misterdhee1:

How is ronaldo the best player in ucl this season? He was off in both legs in the semi final and had no input atall in the final. So is he automatically the best player cos he scored against Juve?

So who is UCL best player this season bro??
Re: Between Ronaldo And Messi, Who Do You Think Deserves This Year's Balon D'or by obonujoker(m): 6:26pm On May 27, 2018
Misterdhee1:

What better stats does Messi have over Ronaldo??
Re: Between Ronaldo And Messi, Who Do You Think Deserves This Year's Balon D'or by Misterdhee1(m): 6:26pm On May 27, 2018
obonujoker:

So who is UCL best player this season bro??
Navas has been spectacular nd decisive. Same as Marcelo. It doesn't have to be about who scored the highest goals everytime
Re: Between Ronaldo And Messi, Who Do You Think Deserves This Year's Balon D'or by Misterdhee1(m): 6:28pm On May 27, 2018
obonujoker:

What better stats does Messi have over Ronaldo??
Oga, check. He has the most goals in all competitions all over europe. He also had more assists.
Re: Between Ronaldo And Messi, Who Do You Think Deserves This Year's Balon D'or by obonujoker(m): 6:28pm On May 27, 2018
tesppidd:
there is no rule that says that only the champions league determines the ballon dor.
league titles and individual records do as well, just like ronaldo in 2013.

but in a world cup year, the world cup is a major determinant.

if ronaldo had an excellent game last night I would call him the favourite.

but because he flopped in the semi finals and the final,

the ballon dor is wide open.

Lol... bro... Messi also flopped on champions league 2010 and 2012, buh he still won the ballondor.. so it's nothing..remember there were international events those years as well....

That being said... I would have preferred neither for the award... I wish someone else can win it....
Re: Between Ronaldo And Messi, Who Do You Think Deserves This Year's Balon D'or by obonujoker(m): 6:29pm On May 27, 2018
Misterdhee1:

Oga, check. He has the most goals in all competitions all over europe. He also had more assists.

All competition across Europe hope u know UCL is European??
Re: Between Ronaldo And Messi, Who Do You Think Deserves This Year's Balon D'or by obonujoker(m): 6:31pm On May 27, 2018
Misterdhee1:

Navas has been spectacular nd decisive. Same as Marcelo. It doesn't have to be about who scored the highest goals everytime

Lol... next time Barca wins the UCL, give it to ter stegen or busquets... grin... even though Messi wins the UCL golden boot
Re: Between Ronaldo And Messi, Who Do You Think Deserves This Year's Balon D'or by fergie001: 6:31pm On May 27, 2018
Misterdhee1:

But you and I know they won't be in the reckoning...
It's been goals
It's been Ronaldo and Messi

See,everybody wants to see that hegemony broken...
But it's not this year,unless something happens at the world cup
Re: Between Ronaldo And Messi, Who Do You Think Deserves This Year's Balon D'or by Misterdhee1(m): 6:41pm On May 27, 2018
obonujoker:

All competition across Europe hope u know UCL is European??
Oga. Messi had 45 goals in all competitions, more than any other player this season
Re: Between Ronaldo And Messi, Who Do You Think Deserves This Year's Balon D'or by Misterdhee1(m): 6:42pm On May 27, 2018
fergie001:

But you and I know they won't be in the reckoning...
It's been goals
It's been Ronaldo and Messi

See,everybody wants to see that hegemony broken...
But it's not this year,unless something happens at the world cup
I accept. But the fact is, ronaldo hasnt been that spectacular this season to use ucl has the winning bait. Whoever performs better between both at the world cup would win. Or probably if ney outscores everyone and wins the world cup
Re: Between Ronaldo And Messi, Who Do You Think Deserves This Year's Balon D'or by Misterdhee1(m): 6:43pm On May 27, 2018
obonujoker:

Lol... next time Barca wins the UCL, give it to ter stegen or busquets... grin... even though Messi wins the UCL golden boot
We all know messi is more than goals. Except you want to intentionally lie to yourself bro
Re: Between Ronaldo And Messi, Who Do You Think Deserves This Year's Balon D'or by Ihateyoumod: 6:50pm On May 27, 2018
Balon dor top three this year is messi, ronaldo and salah.....messi to win it......messi guided an average barca team to d title with only one loss, a game he didn't play. He won d copa del ray....all he needs to do now is just a good showing n d world cup.

At least a god game against Nigeria, and he would be crowned.

Ronaldo and Madrid were awful n d league, were dumped out of d cup, eben in their UCL, he was a shadow of himself in d semi and d final game. Dude won CL tht one don do am
Re: Between Ronaldo And Messi, Who Do You Think Deserves This Year's Balon D'or by fergie001: 6:50pm On May 27, 2018
Misterdhee1:

I accept. But the fact is, ronaldo hasnt been that spectacular this season to use ucl has the winning bait. Whoever performs better between both at the world cup would win. Or probably if ney outscores everyone and wins the world cup

He was highest goal scorer oooo

See,this arguments can never end...
This world cup,Messi must stand...any flip like 2010,he is gone.....
Ronaldo for now is ahead,I do not see his Portugal side doing anything
So,Messi must stand up....

Neymar is gonna be a problem...
People call those 2 and forget neymar...
Brazil always do well at the world cup, irrespective who they take there.....
He wins the world cup,there will be pressures everywhere...he is the next best thing after Ronaldo and Messi(my opinion).
Re: Between Ronaldo And Messi, Who Do You Think Deserves This Year's Balon D'or by obonujoker(m): 6:56pm On May 27, 2018
Misterdhee1:

Bro... Ronaldo scored 44 goals in 44 games in his worse season... how then do you say he ain't spectacular??
Re: Between Ronaldo And Messi, Who Do You Think Deserves This Year's Balon D'or by obonujoker(m): 6:59pm On May 27, 2018
Misterdhee1:

We all know messi is more than goals. Except you want to intentionally lie to yourself bro
lol... what other things dribbles?? he dribble reach hazard??
Lol...
Re: Between Ronaldo And Messi, Who Do You Think Deserves This Year's Balon D'or by Misterdhee1(m): 7:52pm On May 27, 2018
obonujoker:

lol... what other things dribbles?? he dribble reach hazard??
Lol...
Lol. Messi makes more chances with his dribbles. Abi wat’s the essence of dribbling with no end results?
Re: Between Ronaldo And Messi, Who Do You Think Deserves This Year's Balon D'or by Dollarship(m): 8:14pm On May 27, 2018
Ok

Re: Between Ronaldo And Messi, Who Do You Think Deserves This Year's Balon D'or by selemempe: 9:01pm On May 27, 2018
KevinDein:
Wait, are you guys implying that the team that wins the Champions League should always produce the ballon d'or winner? This is ridiculous. The Champions League, which is just a twelve game tournament for the winner, is more often than not decided by a lot of factors like refereeing errors, lucky draws, injuries to oppositions players etc. The league gives a far truer and better picture of which team has actually being better across a season; 38 games played and everyone plays everyone twice. No luck can win you this. Not even refereeing errors.

You can't confidently tell me that
Roma is better than Juventus because the went further in the UCL, or Liverpool are better than Man city or Real Madrid are better than Barça.
world cup dey this year sef....this ppl dont know
Re: Between Ronaldo And Messi, Who Do You Think Deserves This Year's Balon D'or by thedio(m): 12:43am On May 28, 2018
BlackManta:

I support you bro.

It's so sad that Balon d'or has been reduced to a mere Messi/Ronaldo duopoly.

Balon dor has always been about Messi and Ronaldo.

You be suprised if Neymar wins world cup and Balon dor will still go to Ronaldo or Messi.

Players have been robbed in balon dor so that Messi/Ronaldo duopoly can continue.

Did you know that Iniesta fire spain to world cup glory in 2010 and yet FIFA robbed him and gave Balon dor to Messi.

Did you know that Ribery won a treble with Bayern in 2013....(league title, league cup and UCL) and yet FIFA robbed him and gave Balon dor to Ronaldo.

Did you know that Wesley Sneijder fired Inter Milan to a treble and fired Netherland to world cup final in 2010 and yet FIFA robbed him and gave Balon dor to Messi.

If life was fair.
Messi and Ronaldo wouldn't have won Balon dor 5 times each.

But that is how it is.
There is no justice nowadays.
It's all about favouritism and marketing.

Neymar or Greizmann might win world cup and yet Ronaldo/Messi would still win Balon dor.

The balon dor has been reduced to Messi/Ronaldo personal property.

It's really shameful but you have to get used to it.
I don't have problem with messi and Rinaldo sharing balloon for between each other but the way sneidjer was robbed the only opportunity he has to win it still baffles me. Anyway this is a world cup the winner might b determined by world cup

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lets Start The Year With A Win / My Own Sure 3 Odds Prediction Today For High Stakers Only / FIFA World Soccer Player Of The Year 2006: Who Will It Be?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.