Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:49 AM

What Is Wrong With Secular Artistes And Comedians Performing In Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Wrong With Secular Artistes And Comedians Performing In Church? (8023 Views)

Mike Bamiloye Has This For Nigerian Artistes Who Left Church For Secular Music / Why Daddy Freeze's Mockery Of The MFM Pastor Who Died In Church Is Wrong / One Hallelujah Records Will Not Partner With Secular Artistes – RCCG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Wrong With Secular Artistes And Comedians Performing In Church? by Gullah: 1:03pm On May 27, 2018
Is there anything wrong with an artist who sings 'worldly' songs to perform inside a church? What about the inclusion of comedians in church events?

I've keenly followed a trend in various church events where I've seen secular artistes like Korede bello, Waje, Omawumi e.t.c perform during service, Even when we don't have the artistes performing the songs themselves, it is no longer uncommon to find praise leaders in the church singing secular songs like Phyno's fada fada, Humblesmiths's Osinachi and even songs by foreign secular artistes like R.Kelly ( Storm is over & He saved me) during service.

Regular attendees of the yearly The Experience gospel concerts by The house on the Rock church can confirm that performances by secular comedians have become a regular feature at the concert and many of the other church events organised by some 'Mega' churches in Nigeria.

I must confess that at the moment I haven't yet come to a firm conviction on the rightness or wrongness of this phenomenon in our Churches so I'd rather leave it open for Christians on this forum to share their opinions on this issue.

So what do you think? Is it right or wrong for secular artistes and comedians to perform during church services? Is it also proper for praise leaders to sing songs by secular artistes during service?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong With Secular Artistes And Comedians Performing In Church? by takin35(m): 1:08pm On May 27, 2018
First to comment happy Sunday to you all please download #Faya by your home boy TB2

http:///2BvPlUm

Re: What Is Wrong With Secular Artistes And Comedians Performing In Church? by henrygale(m): 1:10pm On May 27, 2018
Second to

cheesy cheesy
Re: What Is Wrong With Secular Artistes And Comedians Performing In Church? by Sunexy(m): 1:11pm On May 27, 2018
Soon choir will start singing "assurance" for church
grin
*the Lord has given me life time assurance*

3 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Secular Artistes And Comedians Performing In Church? by guywitzerogal(m): 1:12pm On May 27, 2018
I fourth
Re: What Is Wrong With Secular Artistes And Comedians Performing In Church? by badmrkt(m): 1:12pm On May 27, 2018
Everything is wrong with it.

9 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Secular Artistes And Comedians Performing In Church? by Checked86: 1:13pm On May 27, 2018
Secular? No
Comedians: yes. Comedians should be allowed to perform in church IFF their Story line or message is connected to bible or religion.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong With Secular Artistes And Comedians Performing In Church? by Postboiswag(m): 1:13pm On May 27, 2018
Islam is the way

9 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Secular Artistes And Comedians Performing In Church? by tunemike(m): 1:14pm On May 27, 2018
Instrumentalists are major originators of secular songs used as praise songs in churches. You will hear the keyboardist play the intro of mohit's " You know it you bad" or drummer beat the drum pattern of olamide's "WO". I am an instrumentalist and I can tell you that we share in the blame of this madness.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong With Secular Artistes And Comedians Performing In Church? by Tolams16(m): 1:14pm On May 27, 2018
Space boooooookeeeeeeeeeed
Re: What Is Wrong With Secular Artistes And Comedians Performing In Church? by tunemike(m): 1:15pm On May 27, 2018
Instrumentalists are major originators of secular songs used as praise songs in churches. You will hear the keyboardist play the intro of mohit's " You know it you bad" or drummer beat the drum pattern of olamide's "WO". I am an instrumentalist and I can tell you that we share in the blame of this madness.cc
Re: What Is Wrong With Secular Artistes And Comedians Performing In Church? by chrisb2r200: 1:15pm On May 27, 2018
Postboiswag:
Islam is the way
To condemnation?

22 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Secular Artistes And Comedians Performing In Church? by Postboiswag(m): 1:17pm On May 27, 2018
chrisb2r200:

To condemnation?

Way to success

4 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Secular Artistes And Comedians Performing In Church? by fynex(m): 1:20pm On May 27, 2018
Gullah:
Is there anything wrong with an artist who sings 'worldly' songs to perform inside a church? What about the inclusion of comedians in church events?

I've keenly followed a trend in various church events where I've seen secular artistes like Korede bello, Waje, Omawumi e.t.c perform during service, Even when we don't have the artistes performing the songs themselves, it is no longer uncommon to find praise leaders in the church singing secular songs like Phyno's fada fada, Humblesmiths's Osinachi and even songs by foreign secular artistes like R.Kelly ( Storm is over & He saved me) during service.

Regular attendees of the yearly The Experience gospel concerts by The house on the Rock church can confirm that performances by secular comedians have become a regular feature at the concert and many of the other church events organised by some 'Mega' churches in Nigeria.

I must confess that at the moment I haven't yet come to a firm conviction on the rightness or wrongness of this phenomenon in our Churches so I'd rather leave it open for Christians on this forum to share their opinions on this issue.

So what do you think? Is it right or wrong for secular artistes and comedians to perform during church services? Is it also proper for praise leaders to sing songs by secular artistes during service?

OP..... HOW MANY SECULAR ARTIST HAVE BROUGHT IN GOSPEL MUSICIANS AND PASTORS TO COME AND MINISTER IN THEIR CLUBS AND OTHER EVENTS?

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Wrong With Secular Artistes And Comedians Performing In Church? by benedictac(f): 1:22pm On May 27, 2018
Are they preaching Christ?
Re: What Is Wrong With Secular Artistes And Comedians Performing In Church? by Topccy007: 1:23pm On May 27, 2018
Everything is wrong with it. Church is a place of worship not entertainment.

9 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Secular Artistes And Comedians Performing In Church? by Paradigm777: 1:23pm On May 27, 2018

Why are non Christians allow to comment on a Christian thread and non Muslim not allowed to comment on a Muslim thread?
Buhari's Nepotism has infested Nairaland.

6 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Secular Artistes And Comedians Performing In Church? by ifyboy60(m): 1:24pm On May 27, 2018
Postboiswag:
Islam is the way
Tell that to Somalia, Afghanistan, Yemen etc

13 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Secular Artistes And Comedians Performing In Church? by Jeezyy(m): 1:25pm On May 27, 2018
Shey wizkid will call papa Adeboye to come and preach in his concert

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Secular Artistes And Comedians Performing In Church? by Premiumwriter: 1:25pm On May 27, 2018
fynex:

OP..... HOW MANY CIRCULAR ARTIST HAVE BROUGHT IN GOSPEL MUSICIANS AND PASTORS TO COME AND MINISTER IN THEIR CLUBS AND OTHER EVENTS?
oga what's a circular artist?

grin

Savage cheesy

3 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Secular Artistes And Comedians Performing In Church? by OlufemiOAP(m): 1:25pm On May 27, 2018
It all started with gospel artiste infusing hip hop into music. Ayefele for example, Even Tope Alabi she recomposed Lepa gau back then in 2002 if y'all remember. The then gospel artiatestarted it so no need to fuss
Re: What Is Wrong With Secular Artistes And Comedians Performing In Church? by Anigreat: 1:26pm On May 27, 2018
cry

Everything is wrong.

Imagine some comedians would go as far as using God's name to crack their dirty dry jokes.

9 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Secular Artistes And Comedians Performing In Church? by okc4nairaland: 1:26pm On May 27, 2018
Everything has its time and sesossons, the alter of the lord shouldn't be a place where people crack jokes and play music's that does not give's Glory to the Lord.
Re: What Is Wrong With Secular Artistes And Comedians Performing In Church? by Jeezyy(m): 1:27pm On May 27, 2018
Paradigm777:

Why are non Christians allow to comment on a Christian thread and non Muslim not allowed to comment on this a Muslim thread?
Buhari's Nepotism has infested Nairaland.
everything in Nigeria, even the internet favors the Muslim.
Re: What Is Wrong With Secular Artistes And Comedians Performing In Church? by WhoBeThisMan: 1:27pm On May 27, 2018
Gullah:

these are the kind of topics seun and cohorts keep pushing to front page on Sunday mornings. But Fridays are filled with good things... Hmm

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong With Secular Artistes And Comedians Performing In Church? by Paradigm777: 1:28pm On May 27, 2018
OlufemiOAP:
It all started with gospel artiste infusing hip hop into music. Ayefele for example, Even Tope Alabi she recomposed Lepa gau back then in 2002 if y'all remember. The then gospel artiatestarted it so no need to fuss
It is première Gaou and not lepa gau tongue
Re: What Is Wrong With Secular Artistes And Comedians Performing In Church? by Paul112(m): 1:30pm On May 27, 2018
Ephesians 5 vs 4 Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks. So it is wrong

3 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Secular Artistes And Comedians Performing In Church? by chukiz(m): 1:31pm On May 27, 2018
It's wrong totally wrong
Re: What Is Wrong With Secular Artistes And Comedians Performing In Church? by ednut1(m): 1:31pm On May 27, 2018
Today's church is about entertainment and selling of hope
Re: What Is Wrong With Secular Artistes And Comedians Performing In Church? by CarlosTheJackal: 1:31pm On May 27, 2018
Postboiswag:
Islam is the way
Yes. Its the surest way to hell fire

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong With Secular Artistes And Comedians Performing In Church? by boldking(m): 1:31pm On May 27, 2018
so u expect 9ice to sing living thing in the church
Re: What Is Wrong With Secular Artistes And Comedians Performing In Church? by Postanalyser: 1:33pm On May 27, 2018
ok

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ifa And Ifa Practice : Is It Religion Or Spirituality? / What Are The Three Most Vital Things To Take To Church Every Sunday? / Who is a Christian? and how do I know I am saved?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.