Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,224 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

Muslims In Iceland Fast For 22 Hours A Day - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslims In Iceland Fast For 22 Hours A Day (30433 Views)

Abdukareem Abdullah Is Dead: Igbo Muslims In Enugu Mourn Death Of Chief Imam / Do The People In The City Of Wekan, Oman Truly Fast For 3 Hours In Ramadan? / Here's How Long Muslims Have To Fast For Ramadan Across The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muslims In Iceland Fast For 22 Hours A Day by obafemee80(m): 7:47pm On May 27, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6vfsYwXW6I

Muslims in Iceland are fasting in the holy month of Ramadan like other countries.

But the long days caused by early sunrises and late sunsets means that Muslims there have one of the longest Ramadan fasts in the world.

They fast for 22 hours a day ,which is definitely the longest Ramadan fasts in the world.

40 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Muslims In Iceland Fast For 22 Hours A Day by Empiree: 8:58pm On May 27, 2018
Basically their iftar is their sahur shocked chai...

May Allah make it easy for them. This is definitely multiple rewards.

103 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Muslims In Iceland Fast For 22 Hours A Day by anibirelawal(m): 9:26pm On May 27, 2018
May Allah accept theirs and ours as an act of Ibadah.

115 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Muslims In Iceland Fast For 22 Hours A Day by Rashduct4luv(m): 7:59am On May 28, 2018
An opportunity to have more rewards....May Allah gv them Sabur and accept all our good deeds!Aamin.

71 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Muslims In Iceland Fast For 22 Hours A Day by MrOlai: 10:04pm On May 28, 2018
obafemee80:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6vfsYwXW6I

Muslims in Iceland are fasting in the holy month of Ramadan like other countries.

But the long days caused by early sunrises and late sunsets means that Muslims there have one of the longest Ramadan fasts in the world.

They fast for 22 hours a day ,which is definitely the longest Ramadan fasts in the world.

Cc Lalasticlala Mynd44 Seun Mukina2 Sissie

There might be need for fatwa from Scholars regarding Muslims fasting in regions like this.

Below is another similar region in Russia, Murmansk. Presently in Murmansk, they are having continuous daylight. No sunset at all! No night at all! There is continuous daylight for 63 days from May 22 to July 23. No night at all for the entire 63 days.

There are Muslims in Murmask as well. Muslims in Murmansk break their fast in broad daylight. They eat their Sahur in broad daylight as well!

In every winter in Murmansk, sun doesn’t rise for 40 days, from December 2 to January 10 (40 days). People there must live without daylight for the entire 40 days! Sometimes, Ramadan falls within this winter period. No sunrise at all for the 40 days. Muslims there during this period still fast in the month of Ramadan. They break their fast in the night and they eat their Sahur in the night as well. No sunrise at all!

So, we need Scholars of Islam in cases like this.

هذا والله اعلم

http://edmaths.com/2017/05/26/life-in-murmansk-a-city-in-russia-where-sun-does-not-rise-for-40-days/

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslims In Iceland Fast For 22 Hours A Day by Fundamentalist: 10:53pm On May 28, 2018
Aljazeera once did a documentary like this last year , countries like new Zealand , Iceland , Norway during the middle of the solar calendar experience longer day time sometimes no night at all . But surprisingly these Muslims despite been converts fast for longer hours without questioning their faith , Allahu Akbar , yet we have some lazy individuals here that will be looking for the slightest ailments or sometimes faking it , just to escape fasting ( Allah is watching us ) .

May Allah continue to strengthen our faith and save us from hypocrisy and hypocrites. Amen

91 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Muslims In Iceland Fast For 22 Hours A Day by Empiree: 11:09pm On May 28, 2018
Could any of your guys live in those countries in Ramadan?

6 Likes

Re: Muslims In Iceland Fast For 22 Hours A Day by Empiree: 11:34pm On May 28, 2018

3 Likes

Re: Muslims In Iceland Fast For 22 Hours A Day by Nobody: 5:16am On May 29, 2018
Holy Spirit

8 Likes

Re: Muslims In Iceland Fast For 22 Hours A Day by sonsomegrigbo: 5:27am On May 29, 2018
SubhanaLah!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslims In Iceland Fast For 22 Hours A Day by ademoladeji(m): 5:28am On May 29, 2018
Rashduct4luv:
An opportunity to have more rewards....May Allah gv them Sabur and accept all our good deeds!Aamin.

What about those living in Murmansk? Does that means when Ramadan falls within the period of no sunrise, they're permitted not to fast n no reward?

To me, there should be a fatwa to address these special cases..

https://googleweblight.com/i?u=https://www.economist.com/the-economist-explains/2013/06/10/how-do-muslims-observe-ramadan-in-places-where-the-sun-does-not-set&hl=en-NG

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muslims In Iceland Fast For 22 Hours A Day by dafeyankee: 5:35am On May 29, 2018
Today na Tuesday and not Friday.

Who push this story come FP?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslims In Iceland Fast For 22 Hours A Day by twentyk(m): 5:38am On May 29, 2018
Hello bismillah,in the spirit of ramadan someone please dash me a phone...i badly need one..thank you..

2 Likes

Re: Muslims In Iceland Fast For 22 Hours A Day by Raintaker(m): 5:38am On May 29, 2018
elopee3000:
we Muslim like other religion to convert to Islam but when Muslim convert to other religion we Muslim kill them that double standard,why do will Muslim kill for 72 virgin?
itumo?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslims In Iceland Fast For 22 Hours A Day by ybalogs(m): 5:48am On May 29, 2018
May Allah accept all our strives in His path as an act of Ibadah and May He answer all our prayers. Ramadan Kareem.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslims In Iceland Fast For 22 Hours A Day by ademoladeji(m): 5:51am On May 29, 2018
elopee3000:
we Muslim like other religion to convert to Islam but when Muslim convert to other religion we Muslim kill them that double standard,why do will Muslim kill for 72 virgin?

It better you stick your ass to threads of tribal war and religious tussle. This thread is strictly for Muslims n I wonder why a Christian, Igbo warlord would go extra mile to accept the Khalma just to post irrelevant on an educating thread

26 Likes

Re: Muslims In Iceland Fast For 22 Hours A Day by ybalogs(m): 5:54am On May 29, 2018
ademoladeji:

It better you stick your ass to threads of tribal war and religious tussle. This thread is strictly for Muslims n I wonder why a Christian, Igbo warlord would go extra mile to accept the Khalma just to post irrelevant on an educating thread
Are you surprised? Lots of them ends up dieing miserably for delving into what doesn't concern them. Salam alaekum bro.

19 Likes

Re: Muslims In Iceland Fast For 22 Hours A Day by Nobody: 5:55am On May 29, 2018
Who can explain it better to me?
Re: Muslims In Iceland Fast For 22 Hours A Day by Raintaker(m): 5:56am On May 29, 2018
ybalogs:
itumo nipe o ti fe ya wereh iyen ti o bati ya sef.
ok

1 Like

Re: Muslims In Iceland Fast For 22 Hours A Day by ademoladeji(m): 5:56am On May 29, 2018
pinkguy:
It's show that Islam is not a true religion ,because its can't be practice universal, poor Muhammad did know there country like that , is Allah not one that creates that part of world please don't be deceived fake prophet Muhammad

Does this shows how peaceful you are?

I wonder if you've ever hated Buddhist, Hindi or even the worshipers of Amadioha n Sango this much?

I know your Christianity never preached this kind of invasion only wondering where you got your teachings from

23 Likes

Re: Muslims In Iceland Fast For 22 Hours A Day by ollah2: 5:58am On May 29, 2018
pinkguy:
I'm just trying to help you,Allah mean the God in Arabic ,and all so called 99 names are not name but titles like woman,father girl, get this Muslim God doesn't have name,please don't say Allah,Allah mean the God is the word the God a name or title,anything can mean the God to different people ok

Have you finished helping your Christian friends? If no, then hide your face in shame hypocrite

11 Likes

Re: Muslims In Iceland Fast For 22 Hours A Day by ademoladeji(m): 6:09am On May 29, 2018
pinkguy:
taking of hate I don't hate Islam but your prophet Muhammad hate Islam when disobey Allah commandment of marrying only four wives but married more than ten ...peace to all our brother in Islam

I think creating a thread would have been better instead of trying to provoke people here.

You shouldn't have issue a prophet marrying more than one wife but people both Christians n Muslims marrying one wife but with several concubine.

Peace to you brother from the other side

2 Likes

Re: Muslims In Iceland Fast For 22 Hours A Day by ademoladeji(m): 6:19am On May 29, 2018
pinkguy:
don't act like Muhammad I don't mean one wife he married more than four wives against Allah(the God) instruction

Oga, thanks for your contribution.

I've really checked threads you created n it gives me joy to stop responding to you .

Hope you've gotten a job but if not, say nice things to people because you never can tell where help would come from.

3 Likes

Re: Muslims In Iceland Fast For 22 Hours A Day by BalogunIdowu(m): 6:26am On May 29, 2018
May Allah ease their Affairs...

11 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sultan Announces Commencement Of Ramadan 1441AH - 2020 / Sheikh Ajah On Persecution Of Igbo Muslims: We Are Igbos Before Becoming Muslims / Muslim Woman Marrying A Christian Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.