Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

Do The People In The City Of Wekan, Oman Truly Fast For 3 Hours In Ramadan? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Do The People In The City Of Wekan, Oman Truly Fast For 3 Hours In Ramadan? (33772 Views)

Expiation For One Who Had Intercourse With His Wife During The Day In Ramadan / Here's How Long Muslims Have To Fast For Ramadan Across The World / Muslims In Iceland Fast For 22 Hours A Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do The People In The City Of Wekan, Oman Truly Fast For 3 Hours In Ramadan? by Qtsnow(m): 3:39pm On Apr 10, 2022
DO THE PEOPLE IN THE CITY OF WEKAN(OMAN) TRULY FAST FOR 3HRS IN THE MONTH OF RAMADAN

On the first Friday of the Holy Month of Ramadan, when the Times of Oman (TOO) visited Wekan village, located 2,000m above sea level in the Nakhal Wilayat, 72-year-old Saif Abdul Al Riyami was observing his fifth hour of fasting.
Sitting on a cement bench in his backyard, adjacent to the mosque, and enjoying the breeze, Al Riyami just smiled when we said the global media had been reporting about the ‘fastest fast’ village.

“Fasting here is like everywhere. We heard about the news. Other than brushing aside such false reports, what else can be done,” Al Riyami said.
Global media had reported that the residents of Wekan fast only for three hours. The report added that the people of Wekan fast from 11am until 2:30pm.
“From November until February, as the sun falls behind the mountains, we have shade. It does not mean that the sun is not there. Somebody has made an immature observation. Even if the sun is not there, we have to fast,” Al Riyami, who is one of the elders in the village, which has only around 400 residents, added.

“Fasting is not done based on seeing the sun. It is done according to sunrise and sunset. It is weird to hear such kind of rumours,” Yaqoob added.

Jayasankar Krishnamrutham and his friends, who travelled to Wekan, to see for themselves if the rumours are true, said the natural beauty atop the mountain is breathtaking. “The temperature during summer is only 30 degree Celsius. Good people and beautiful place. Love to visit again. I am here in Muscat for many years, but thanks to the wrong news, I was prompted to visit. Will come with family again,” Krishnamrutham said.

The rumours were quickly dispelled by Oman's tourism ministry, while the country's Ministry of Endowments and Religious Affairs dismissed the claims as an incorrect interpretation of fasting rules.

"Even if it is difficult to see the sun in some mountainous areas, it doesn't mean that the sun has not risen," an official from the ministry told the Times of Oman.

This article was culled from the report by Times of Oman.
Source:

https://timesofoman.com/article/85800/Ramadan/'Fastest-fast'-Wekan-villagers-in-Oman-bemused-by-untrue-reportsdisqussion-0#:~:text=Global%20media%20had%20reported%20that,the%20sun%20is%20not%20there.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.trtworld.com/life/the-omani-village-with-only-35-hours-of-sunlight-a-day-122380/amp

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do The People In The City Of Wekan, Oman Truly Fast For 3 Hours In Ramadan? by saheedbadmus(m): 3:54pm On Apr 10, 2022
Wow..if na our country I know say sum people won't follow the sunrise and sunset but once them no see sun again dem go break fast

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do The People In The City Of Wekan, Oman Truly Fast For 3 Hours In Ramadan? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Apr 10, 2022
"Even if it is difficult to see the sun in some mountainous areas, it doesn't mean that the sun has not risen," an official from the ministry told the Times of Oman.

That's right and also, If there are any difficulties in determining when to start fasting and when to break, they can always use the timings of nearby cities.
Alhamdulillaah for Islaam.

85 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Do The People In The City Of Wekan, Oman Truly Fast For 3 Hours In Ramadan? by Szilard: 4:07pm On Apr 10, 2022
Re: Do The People In The City Of Wekan, Oman Truly Fast For 3 Hours In Ramadan? by Kingluqman(m): 4:09pm On Apr 10, 2022
Really?
Re: Do The People In The City Of Wekan, Oman Truly Fast For 3 Hours In Ramadan? by Alaefulu(m): 4:09pm On Apr 10, 2022
Okay
Re: Do The People In The City Of Wekan, Oman Truly Fast For 3 Hours In Ramadan? by Crucialgem(m): 4:10pm On Apr 10, 2022
Allahu akbar, travel through the world and see the signs and wonders of Allah, which of the favor of Allah do we want to deny. Alhamdullilah ala hidayatul islam

69 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Do The People In The City Of Wekan, Oman Truly Fast For 3 Hours In Ramadan? by StrongandMighty: 4:12pm On Apr 10, 2022
How this kind nonsense take make front page on a Sunday?
Whereas no single Christian message dey for front page today wey be Sunday.
This Islamisation agenda of nairaland is becoming too obvious to be neglected, first it was swearing an oath before you comment on an Islamic post,now it's pushing Islamic post to front page on Sundays Una dey try

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Do The People In The City Of Wekan, Oman Truly Fast For 3 Hours In Ramadan? by Offpoint1: 4:12pm On Apr 10, 2022
grin I'm still trying to figure out the kinda fasting these guys are deceiving themselves with.

You can eat breakfast, skip lunch, eat dinner and call it "Fasting"

I have this bad routine of eating or drinking anything until late afternoon almost everyday... Should I call that fasting?

Religion inventors are the greatest sorcerers of all time, the greatest mind controlling machine known to the Milky-way.

21 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Do The People In The City Of Wekan, Oman Truly Fast For 3 Hours In Ramadan? by olorunthobby(f): 4:12pm On Apr 10, 2022
“Fasting is not done based on seeing the sun. It is done according to sunrise and sunset."

"Even if it is difficult to see the sun in some mountainous areas, it doesn't mean that the sun has not risen,"

4 Likes

Re: Do The People In The City Of Wekan, Oman Truly Fast For 3 Hours In Ramadan? by allen113: 4:13pm On Apr 10, 2022
Make person no go get ulcer ooh, say him dey do fasting lipsrsealed
Re: Do The People In The City Of Wekan, Oman Truly Fast For 3 Hours In Ramadan? by Realists(m): 4:15pm On Apr 10, 2022
It's quite intriguing, however shariah is there to solve every Islamic issues.

1 Like

Re: Do The People In The City Of Wekan, Oman Truly Fast For 3 Hours In Ramadan? by Winters23: 4:18pm On Apr 10, 2022
Swear kee una here

wakanda fasting is that grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do The People In The City Of Wekan, Oman Truly Fast For 3 Hours In Ramadan? by tetralogyfallot(m): 4:20pm On Apr 10, 2022
Wow
Re: Do The People In The City Of Wekan, Oman Truly Fast For 3 Hours In Ramadan? by Thinkfree(m): 4:24pm On Apr 10, 2022
Crucialgem:
Allahu akbar, travel through the world and see the signs and wonders of Allah, which of the favor of Allah do we want to deny. Alhamdullilah ala hidayatul islam
fabi ayi allayi rabiku mathu kazibam

11 Likes

Re: Do The People In The City Of Wekan, Oman Truly Fast For 3 Hours In Ramadan? by Abbertee2: 4:25pm On Apr 10, 2022
StrongandMighty:
How this kind nonsense take make front page on a Sunday?
Whereas no single Christian message dey for front page today wey be Sunday.
This Islamisation agenda of nairaland is becoming too obvious to be neglected, first it was swearing an oath before you comment on an Islamic post,now it's pushing Islamic post to front page on Sundays Una dey try

Your soul is damaged with hatred

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do The People In The City Of Wekan, Oman Truly Fast For 3 Hours In Ramadan? by Asianjollof007: 4:25pm On Apr 10, 2022
olorunthobby:
“Fasting is not done based on seeing the sun. It is done according to sunrise and sunset."

"Even if it is difficult to see the sun in some mountainous areas, it doesn't mean that the sun has not risen,"

I want to know if you are back on twitter, i would like to follow you.
Re: Do The People In The City Of Wekan, Oman Truly Fast For 3 Hours In Ramadan? by StrongandMighty: 4:28pm On Apr 10, 2022
Abbertee2:

Your soul is damaged with hatred
Your soul is damaged with hatred too if you can't see the double standard

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do The People In The City Of Wekan, Oman Truly Fast For 3 Hours In Ramadan? by Antifraud00: 4:28pm On Apr 10, 2022
Offpoint1:
grin I'm still trying to figure out the kinda fasting these guys are deceiving themselves with.

I have this bad routine of eating or drinking anything until late afternoon almost everyday... Should I call that fasting?

Religion inventors are the greatest sorcerers of all time, the greatest mind controlling machine known to the Milky-way.

You're not God

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do The People In The City Of Wekan, Oman Truly Fast For 3 Hours In Ramadan? by tomiwa1989(m): 4:37pm On Apr 10, 2022
Offpoint1:

Eating or drinking GOD does not care abt dat ur intentions matters a lot

1 Like

Re: Do The People In The City Of Wekan, Oman Truly Fast For 3 Hours In Ramadan? by Offpoint1: 4:42pm On Apr 10, 2022
tomiwa1989:
b
If your so call intentions becomes a yearly routine, then it's religion.
Re: Do The People In The City Of Wekan, Oman Truly Fast For 3 Hours In Ramadan? by wumi2017(f): 4:42pm On Apr 10, 2022
Ramadan Mubarak to my brothers and sisters in Islam ,May Almighty Allah will accept it as an act of Iba'dah

20 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Supreme Council Of Islamic Affairs Overrules JNI Earlier Statement / Zakatul - Fitr: I Received This From My Muslim Neighbor / Dreaming About My Late Dad Crying.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.