Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

Herbert Macaulay Road, Yaba Has The Highest Number Of Pedestrian Bridges - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Herbert Macaulay Road, Yaba Has The Highest Number Of Pedestrian Bridges (41840 Views)

Shortcut To Death: Abuja Residents Shun Pedestrian Bridges / What Herbert Macaulay Way In Yaba, Lagos Looks Like In 2021 (pics, Video) / Herbert Macaulay Road, Yaba Has Pedestrian Bridges That Nobody Uses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Herbert Macaulay Road, Yaba Has The Highest Number Of Pedestrian Bridges by Paperwhite(m): 3:57pm On May 28, 2018
Esp.the one close to the barracks.
Re: Herbert Macaulay Road, Yaba Has The Highest Number Of Pedestrian Bridges by denziz: 4:02pm On May 28, 2018
Those bridges bring back old memories,I spent over twenty years of my life living around those vicinities,I hope Herbert Macaulay's statue is still standing at Sabo Junction.

1 Like

Re: Herbert Macaulay Road, Yaba Has The Highest Number Of Pedestrian Bridges by SlimBrawnie(f): 4:03pm On May 28, 2018
Senselin:
Them go soon give you appointment for LASG @Auto Joshua.

Who uses pedestrian bridges. Even in PH or Abuja, except where barricades are built close to the bridges.

In Abuja, people use bridges more. No hold up, vehicles always on speed and sometimes if you even try crossing the road, those paramilitary guys will pursue and deal with you if they catch you.
Dutse,Banex,NNPC,Gwarinpa and Galadima, just to mention few...
Re: Herbert Macaulay Road, Yaba Has The Highest Number Of Pedestrian Bridges by Bartwale(m): 4:08pm On May 28, 2018
and I feel the spot that really needed a pedestrian bridge wasn't looked at...The junction just in front of Domino pizza has two cross junctions without no roundabout,I've witnessed a couple of accidents involving vehicles and pedestrian on that spot.
that's like the busiest spot on Herbert Macaulay Road,The cross-junction connects Unilag to Tejuosho market and another connects jibowu to sabo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herbert Macaulay Road, Yaba Has The Highest Number Of Pedestrian Bridges by brodalokie: 4:09pm On May 28, 2018
So they prefer to be crossing the supposed busy road and making drivers extra conscious?

1 Like

Re: Herbert Macaulay Road, Yaba Has The Highest Number Of Pedestrian Bridges by Nobody: 4:10pm On May 28, 2018
SlimBrawnie:

In Abuja, people use bridges more. No hold up, vehicles always on speed and sometimes if you even try crossing the road, those paramilitary guys will pursue and deal with you if they catch you.
Dutse,Banex,NNPC,Gwarinpa and Galadima, just to mention few...

Well, that is the fear of being caught by task force. Go to Dei Dei, people crawl under the barricade to cross road. Banex, people still don't use the bridge, Area 3 nko?

2 Likes

Re: Herbert Macaulay Road, Yaba Has The Highest Number Of Pedestrian Bridges by perdollar(m): 4:12pm On May 28, 2018
mad ppl don't need overlying bridge
Re: Herbert Macaulay Road, Yaba Has The Highest Number Of Pedestrian Bridges by SlimBrawnie(f): 4:18pm On May 28, 2018
Senselin:

Well, that is the fear of being caught by task force. Go to Dei Dei, people crawl under the barricade to cross road. Banex, people still don't use the bridge, Area 3 nko?

All I'm saying is that the number of people that use those bridges are far more than those that don't. Although I know people prefer crossing the road at Dei-Dei and Nicon junction, but these other places....nah, especially mornings and evenings. For Banex, most people prefer using the overheard bridge for vehicles,than that pedestrian bridge....That's my route everyday so I know
Re: Herbert Macaulay Road, Yaba Has The Highest Number Of Pedestrian Bridges by perdollar(m): 4:19pm On May 28, 2018
denziz:
Those bridges bring back old memories,I spent over twenty years living around those vicinities,I hope Herbert Macaulay's statue is still standing at Sabo Junction.
if u can't find d statue, go to IMO state u WL see were Rocha's left it.
Re: Herbert Macaulay Road, Yaba Has The Highest Number Of Pedestrian Bridges by slimfit1(m): 4:20pm On May 28, 2018
APC are working and stealing.

1 Like

Re: Herbert Macaulay Road, Yaba Has The Highest Number Of Pedestrian Bridges by abbey1555: 4:22pm On May 28, 2018
okay ooo
Re: Herbert Macaulay Road, Yaba Has The Highest Number Of Pedestrian Bridges by Oroolorun(m): 4:27pm On May 28, 2018
I could remember some years ago when me and my brother decided to take the one at the Library close to Saint Dominic instead of crossing the road like others and we met a madman on it, you need to see how we ran back taking the stairs five at a time

3 Likes

Re: Herbert Macaulay Road, Yaba Has The Highest Number Of Pedestrian Bridges by guiddoti: 4:35pm On May 28, 2018
continentalceo:
I wonder why some people applaud Ambode. That guy is a pure criminal. The fact that lagos state is now turning to what it used to be before fashola intervened is pure evidence. Lawma in lagos is dying a gradual death just because of Tinubus beaf with Fashola. All because fashola stood for progress againts God fatherism.
I guess you aren't Lagosian. Do you think any of these bridges were constructed by APC?

8 Likes

Re: Herbert Macaulay Road, Yaba Has The Highest Number Of Pedestrian Bridges by Ttipsy(f): 4:36pm On May 28, 2018
all this pedestrian bridges. IMSG can't erect one for the student @ busy roads adjoining student resident.
good one from Lagos

4 Likes

Re: Herbert Macaulay Road, Yaba Has The Highest Number Of Pedestrian Bridges by lorhema(f): 4:40pm On May 28, 2018
olaniyi50:
Pedestrian bridges that could cause human beings to fall onto oncoming vehicles, is that one a pedestrian bridge?

The Sabo bridge was a toilet for some people so you had to skirt poo. There was also a man who resided there. He was apparently mentally unstable.
I took to crossing the road.
Re: Herbert Macaulay Road, Yaba Has The Highest Number Of Pedestrian Bridges by daniwise(m): 4:41pm On May 28, 2018
dominique:
Yabatech and WAEC bus-stops, waste of bridges. All my years of plying that road, I never saw anybody use those bridges that are now rusting away. There are way more busier roads the bridges should have been constructed on.
MP

Youre wrong ma.I used that bridge a lot during my Yabatech days.Most people still use that particular bridge.

4 Likes

Re: Herbert Macaulay Road, Yaba Has The Highest Number Of Pedestrian Bridges by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 4:42pm On May 28, 2018
I only used two of the bridges two times. I was afraid that day because, I was the only on that bridge. The govt should just barricade the road just like they did on Ikorodu road. Oh! I forgot we are in Nigeria, those barricades would be removed by some unscrupulous elements.

1 Like

Re: Herbert Macaulay Road, Yaba Has The Highest Number Of Pedestrian Bridges by continentalceo(m): 4:44pm On May 28, 2018
guiddoti:
I guess you aren't Lagosian. Do you think any of these bridges was constructed by APC?
Wasnt commenting on the bridges, never mentioned the bridges in my post. Was merely stating an observation of fact that every real non BMC lagosian can confirm.
To answer your question, I am a lagosian that has lived in lagos for years.
Re: Herbert Macaulay Road, Yaba Has The Highest Number Of Pedestrian Bridges by kshow1(m): 4:46pm On May 28, 2018
All these bridges were built in the 70's and early 80's

6 Likes

Re: Herbert Macaulay Road, Yaba Has The Highest Number Of Pedestrian Bridges by continentalceo(m): 4:48pm On May 28, 2018
guiddoti:
I guess you aren't Lagosian. Do you think any of these bridges was constructed by APC?
Wasnt commenting on the bridges, never mentioned the bridges in my post. Was merely stating an observation of fact that every real non BMC lagosian can confirm. To answer your question, I am a lagosian that has lived in lagos for years.
Re: Herbert Macaulay Road, Yaba Has The Highest Number Of Pedestrian Bridges by tobillionaire(m): 4:51pm On May 28, 2018
me use pedestrian bridge at Herbert Macaulay way when I've not even used the ones on ikorodu road where it is more difficult to cross. YABATECH students don't use that bridge, it's a waste of public funds indeed, they are not even fine sef, they make that road look very old. ambode had to pull down that kind of ugly bridge on ikorodu road at fadeyi bus stop.
Re: Herbert Macaulay Road, Yaba Has The Highest Number Of Pedestrian Bridges by guiddoti: 4:52pm On May 28, 2018
continentalceo:

Wasnt commenting on the bridges, never mentioned the bridges in my post. Was merely stating an observation of fact that every real non BMC lagosian can confirm. To answer your question, I am a lagosian that has lived in lagos for years.
If then, compare what your state of origin has achieved to what like, a little progress Lagos has done.

4 Likes

Re: Herbert Macaulay Road, Yaba Has The Highest Number Of Pedestrian Bridges by princepee: 4:53pm On May 28, 2018
And it's well maintained, lagosians always in a hurry! Meanwhile there is two deep holes in waec area, the authorities should do some thing about it its causing a lot accident. And the gutter that is taking forever to finish.

3 Likes

Re: Herbert Macaulay Road, Yaba Has The Highest Number Of Pedestrian Bridges by God2man(m): 4:59pm On May 28, 2018
I guess Op is right
Re: Herbert Macaulay Road, Yaba Has The Highest Number Of Pedestrian Bridges by eluquenson(m): 5:13pm On May 28, 2018
That's absolutely right, i ply that road virtually everyday since ikorodu road has become something else.

Well, that road doesn't need those bridges cos it's majorly not a busy road. You hardly see people walking on the road, and the distance not wide enough for Lagosians to climb....Lagosians like sharp sharp things grin

1 Like

Re: Herbert Macaulay Road, Yaba Has The Highest Number Of Pedestrian Bridges by emmamichaels222: 5:21pm On May 28, 2018
Good one
Re: Herbert Macaulay Road, Yaba Has The Highest Number Of Pedestrian Bridges by Nobody: 5:33pm On May 28, 2018
I grew up in that area..Nursery school through university. I think I only ever climbed any of those bridges once maybe twice. They never looked safe to me...plus No time mahn.
Re: Herbert Macaulay Road, Yaba Has The Highest Number Of Pedestrian Bridges by olaniyi50(m): 5:54pm On May 28, 2018
lorhema:

The Sabo bridge was a toilet for some people so you had to skirt poo. There was also a man who resided there. He was apparently mentally unstable.
I took to crossing the road.
Your narration made me nauseous. Gross!!!!!!
Re: Herbert Macaulay Road, Yaba Has The Highest Number Of Pedestrian Bridges by brodalokie: 5:59pm On May 28, 2018
slimfit1:
APC are working and stealing.

So nothing is left for the supposed professional theif? cry
Re: Herbert Macaulay Road, Yaba Has The Highest Number Of Pedestrian Bridges by MrJahsboi: 6:01pm On May 28, 2018
So what should we do then....? Fry sand?
Mtchewww useless post.
Unto the next one.
Re: Herbert Macaulay Road, Yaba Has The Highest Number Of Pedestrian Bridges by Printerscanner: 6:42pm On May 28, 2018
Yaba for Life

Place of birth - Yaba
Primary School - Yaba
Secondary School - Yaba
Tertiary School - Yaba

And some village boys from Osun, Ondo, Enugu, Abakaliki, Uyo will now come and start telling me what civilization is. While your people were walking nakked in your village, we Yaba boys were already in 3-piece Italian Suits.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

US Now Seeking Social Media Details From All Visa Applicants / Man Comes Out Alive From Crushed Bus After Container Destroyed 9 Vehicles. Photo / Car Somersaults And Uproots A Mango Tree. 3 Men Survive (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.