Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,624 members, 7,770,664 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 12:43 PM

General Buhari Greatest Leader We Have Had In Last 40years! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / General Buhari Greatest Leader We Have Had In Last 40years! (6051 Views)

Buhari’s Greatest Achievement So Far Is The Harrasment Of PDP, Says Fayose. / Atiku, Kwankwaso Are Buhari’s Greatest Enemies – Gov. Lamido / Boko Haram New Leader: "We Will Teach Nigeria A Lesson: " (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

General Buhari Greatest Leader We Have Had In Last 40years! by Nobody: 5:56am On May 28, 2010
He achieved so much in his war against corruption between Dec1983 and Aug 1985.

He has integrity and is the only ex-leader not living in opulance.

Unlike IBB and OBJ he was not a western stooge and held out for the best deal for Nigeria in negotiations with IMF.

He jailed over 600 corrupt politicians and businessmen and refused to release them  until their loot was recovered. He even tried to forcifully kidnap Shagari's defence minister  from the UK, who had stolen billions of dollars after British government refused to send him back to Nigeria.

There was less crime, he took a hard line on all crime especially armed robbers and drug traffikers.

in just 20 months he improved Nigeria's trade deficit and national debt.

Jerry Rawlings of Ghana, that many of us admire, actually modelled himself on Buhari.

Nigeria's number one problem is corruption- once corruption is tackled, all other things from elections to development of electricity / infrastructure would work better.

Buhari is the only current politician with a proven record of effectively fighting corruption .

It is unfortunate that he was probably only otherthrow because Western countries like UK sponsored their stooge IBB probably with the help of the other western stooge Obj, to overthrow him. OBJ and IBB themselves were starting to come under Buhari's anti-corruption radar.

he may not be the best available, but he is a proven patriotic and non-corrupt leader.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammadu_Buhari

Re: General Buhari Greatest Leader We Have Had In Last 40years! by Nobody: 6:30am On May 28, 2010
Somebody jailed people for corruption and you are celebrating that.how did he better the lives of the civilians he ruled like animals forcing them to comply to law and order under the threat of fierce-looking armed soldiers.he would have ruled us till today if not for ibb who overthrown him because he SWORN never to handover to democrats because he never believed in democracy and i can bet that he would have attempted a coup if he's still in the military till today.rubbishh
Re: General Buhari Greatest Leader We Have Had In Last 40years! by Afam(m): 8:01am On May 28, 2010
Buhari executed drug dealers in cold blood and used a law that was not in existence to convict them. That is murder. You cannot decide to kill anyone today based on what he did yesterday while passing a law today to justify the killing.
Re: General Buhari Greatest Leader We Have Had In Last 40years! by Cohomology: 8:04am On May 28, 2010
True, Buhari was not perfect, however, his government remains the best I ever experienced in lawless Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: General Buhari Greatest Leader We Have Had In Last 40years! by KunleOshob(m): 8:26am On May 28, 2010
The so called achievements of buhari were actually idiagbons initiatives. It was idiagbon doing all the work in that govt. Buhari was just a dumb figure head. Besides the zealot is a religious fanatic and a chronic tribalist. His looting record in his days as PTF chairman is still there, so let no one try and paint him as a saint or good leader.
Re: General Buhari Greatest Leader We Have Had In Last 40years! by Cohomology: 8:29am On May 28, 2010
^^^^ May be true, but Idiagbon was in his cabinet and many of us appreciate what the government achieved irrespective of whose ideas led to those achievements.
Re: General Buhari Greatest Leader We Have Had In Last 40years! by Jakumo(m): 9:14am On May 28, 2010
Taliban Leader in Waiting, ex- military despot Bubbah Buhari, foremost exponent of silencing real and imaginary dissent with whimsical brutality, as demonstrated during his reign of terror as Nigeria's military junta gang-leader during the 1980s, is an ACCURSED excuse of a human being, who, in the fullness of time, shall compulsively squander every last dime of his stolen wealth in FAILED bids to lord over Nigeria once more, doomed as he is by his rap sheet, and by his recent open support for the mad concept of turning Nigeria into another basket-case Islamic theocracy.

There you go, Bubbah, paste up some more posters, LOSE that election, and then cry foul, same as always, and for ever more.    Just remember though, suicide must always remain an attractive and convenient option for a 70-virgins sort of guy like you.

Muaha ha ha ha !
Re: General Buhari Greatest Leader We Have Had In Last 40years! by marvix(m): 9:15am On May 28, 2010
Please what are people saying on this thread, is corruption not the biggest challenge we have as a nation.

Quote from bluetooth,
[size=8pt]Somebody jailed people for corruption and you are celebrating that[/size].

So what would u have us do, cry for them, or are we expected to mourn what was the problem guys had with Yaradua, it was his romance with Ibori.

Did we share the loot or are u saying the people were not corrupt even if it was a little corruption! if ever there is such a thing as a little corruption.

Do u have an idea what kind of people we would have been if that fear of corruption has continued or havent u heard Farida asking that looters be sentenced to death by firing squad, and in addition i would suggest that ALL their assets be forfeited to the government I dont even mind shooting them at sight.

Seriously it is time in Nigeria that once you are accused of corruption we should "Presume you guilty until you prove otherwise".

Quote from Afam,
Buhari executed drug dealers in cold blood and used a law that was not in existence to convict them. That is murder. You cannot decide to kill anyone today based on what he did yesterday while passing a law today to justify the killing.

So do we need special laws to know that drug dealing is a terrible crime, he even bothered passing a law, drug dealers may as well be killed without an option of trial, then if u are approached with a million dollars to transport drugs to or from Nigeria you would think hard and long and once only three people are killed without trials no Nigerian will travel with anything like salt or sugar in their baggage.

Please on the issue of corruption Buhari did his best, it is beside the the point to ascribe it to Idiagbon, if at all he should get credit for allowing people who really want to work and have a passion for work to work.

1 Like

Re: General Buhari Greatest Leader We Have Had In Last 40years! by Afam(m): 9:22am On May 28, 2010
marvix:

So do we need special laws to know that drug dealing is a terrible crime, he even bothered passing a law, drug dealers may as well be killed without an option of trial, then if u are approached with a million dollars to transport drugs to or from Nigeria you would think hard and long and once only three people are killed without trials no Nigerian will travel with anything like salt or sugar in their baggage.

Sometimes, you have to break things down for all to understand.

There is nothing wrong with passing a law for death penalty for drug dealers and using that law to sentence them to death when caught.

There is everything wrong in killing people that did not commit an offense that carried the death penalty at the time they committed the offense.

Put differently, killing those 3 people is the same thing as you being arrested today for fighting with a friend 2 years back and executing you because just yesterday the people in charge created a new law that prescribed death penalty for fighting even when there was no such laws 2 years ago when you fought with your friend.

I hope the last paragraph explains the issue better.

Injustice to one is injustice to all because you can never tell when it might be you at the receiving end.
Re: General Buhari Greatest Leader We Have Had In Last 40years! by Nobody: 9:31am On May 28, 2010
Afam:

his appetite for vengeance is a major factor that is hindering his political success.he sent tony enahoro and co almost 200 years in prison by a military tribunal without fair trial for the accused.he did every illegality he committed in his military-style like.he will always be anti-democracy to me.
Re: General Buhari Greatest Leader We Have Had In Last 40years! by Nobody: 9:36am On May 28, 2010
Buhari is not perfect but he was the best in the last 40years!!

He is non-corrupt and patriotic.

He took a had line on corruption.

Who was the leader with the judgement of appointind Idiagbon who did a good job in the War against Indiscipline (WAI)
Re: General Buhari Greatest Leader We Have Had In Last 40years! by Nobody: 9:44am On May 28, 2010
@marvix
Dont get wrong.I'm not saying execution for corruption is a bad idea,infact,i will support such.however,every trial leading to such must be transparent,follow due process and the RULE OF LAW i.e it must be constitutional.buhari did everything in a military tribunal.how on earth would he have turn a whole country to military institution;to court martial a civilian without legal representative is undemocratic in my own dictionary.
Re: General Buhari Greatest Leader We Have Had In Last 40years! by Nobody: 9:51am On May 28, 2010
GenBuhari:

Buhari is not perfect but he was the best in the last 40years!!

He is non-corrupt and patriotic.

He took a had line on corruption.

Who was the leader with the judgement of appointind Idiagbon who did a good job in the War against Indiscipline (WAI)
buhari had little options,so he had to bring idiagbon because of his strong influence in the supreme military council.
Re: General Buhari Greatest Leader We Have Had In Last 40years! by Afam(m): 10:04am On May 28, 2010
~Bluetooth:

@marvix
Dont get wrong.I'm not saying execution for corruption is a bad idea,infact,i will support such.however,every trial leading to such must be transparent,follow due process and the RULE OF LAW i.e it must be constitutional.buhari did everything in a military tribunal.how on earth would he have turn a whole country to military institution;to court martial a civilian without legal representative is undemocratic in my own dictionary.

The issue is not court martial but trying someone based on non existent law. If there was a law that prescribed death penalty for drug pushers then trying them in civilian courts or military tribunal based on the law is not my headache.

I support his stand against corruption but murdering Nigerians based on back dated laws that were non existent was wrong and the funny thing s that he finds it difficult to apologize for such grievous mistakes.
Re: General Buhari Greatest Leader We Have Had In Last 40years! by paddylo1(m): 10:07am On May 28, 2010
Mr. Buhari, that demented orangutan who tyrannized Nigeria in the 1980s as a murderous despot given to killing the innocent for sport, and who in recent years has devoted himself to bellowing out his desire to turn Nigeria into an Islamic Sharia backwater, complete with amputations for petty theft, and the stoning to death of women for various imaginary offences, is a certified psychopath who really needs to be stopped in ANY way possible, from further polluting the air with his insane babbling.

Hopefully the CIA will find a convenient method of silencing this scumbag Buhari by proxy, to put him out of his obvious misery forever, before he ignites a religious war in sub Saharan Africa with his bug-eyed ranting.

The above bolded quote from a fellow Nairalander (JAKUMO) is why i cant stand Buhari

The idiot needs to go and sit down, The world has moved on,
Re: General Buhari Greatest Leader We Have Had In Last 40years! by Nobody: 10:13am On May 28, 2010
Afam:

The issue is not court martial but trying someone based on non existent law. If there was a law that prescribed death penalty for drug pushers then trying them in civilian courts or military tribunal based on the law is not my headache.

I support his stand against corruption but murdering Nigerians based on back dated laws that were non existent was wrong and the funny thing s that he finds it difficult to apologize for such grievous mistakes.
he used the sharia law.end of discussion!!
Re: General Buhari Greatest Leader We Have Had In Last 40years! by Nobody: 10:37am On May 28, 2010
[size=24pt]Buhari is not perfect but he is only genuine anti-corruption leader we have ever had[/size]

1 Like

Re: General Buhari Greatest Leader We Have Had In Last 40years! by Jakumo(m): 11:03am On May 28, 2010
Come on now, General, you can do better than shout at the top of your lungs.   How about a few cuss words ?

I have an idea.  Order a flurry of mass detentions and summary executions, but if that doesn't get their attention, declare a Jihad and place Fatwa death sentences on all infidels worldwide, even as you call press conferences to lavish praise on Uber-Mujahadeen Bin Laden, your role model and back-door man.
Re: General Buhari Greatest Leader We Have Had In Last 40years! by darqly(m): 12:12pm On May 28, 2010
We're a very sorry bunch aren't we? Nothing's ever good enough for us nigerians so we keep whining. Buhari's govt instilled discipline in the society if nothing else. You knew that if you tossed garbage on the streets or pee wherever u feel like,you'd be lashed and fined. No matter the measures he employed, his anti-corruption crusade was EFFECTIVE. Corruption is cancerous,you don't kid with it else it'll spread and rapidly too. You CUT it out,treat it aggressively. Nigerians will only support what favors them- sure most of u here screaming that he was draconian had some of ur uncles flogged or incarcerated by his regime. To insinuate that Buhari even dipped his hand into the cookie jar at ptf is the peak of ignorance and petty vendetta. No one has been able to come out boldly with proof that he embezzled funds,why? Cos he didn't! Someone else was stressing that idiagbon did all the work whilst Buhari was a figurehead. I don't want to toe that well worn cheap ethnic propaganda path. A good leader picks an even better team so his work is easier. That aside, i'd vote Buhari as the man to clean up our country,literally speaking. We've become so docile,lazy,dirty,dishonest,wicked and plain stupid for our own good.
Re: General Buhari Greatest Leader We Have Had In Last 40years! by Nobody: 2:45pm On May 28, 2010
Thank you my brother!!
darqly:

We're a very sorry bunch aren't we? Nothing's ever good enough for us nigerians so we keep whining. Buhari's govt instilled discipline in the society if nothing else. You knew that if you tossed garbage on the streets or pee wherever u feel like,you'd be lashed and fined. No matter the measures he employed, his anti-corruption crusade was EFFECTIVE. Corruption is cancerous,you don't kid with it else it'll spread and rapidly too. You CUT it out,treat it aggressively. Nigerians will only support what favors them- sure most of u here screaming that he was draconian had some of your uncles flogged or incarcerated by his regime. To insinuate that Buhari even dipped his hand into the cookie jar at ptf is the peak of ignorance and petty vendetta. No one has been able to come out boldly with proof that he embezzled funds,why? Cos he didn't! Someone else was stressing that idiagbon did all the work whilst Buhari was a figurehead. I don't want to toe that well worn cheap ethnic propaganda path. A good leader picks an even better team so his work is easier. That aside, i'd vote Buhari as the man to clean up our country,literally speaking. We've become so docile,lazy,dirty,dishonest,wicked and plain silly for our own good.
Re: General Buhari Greatest Leader We Have Had In Last 40years! by AndreUweh(m): 7:24pm On May 28, 2010
@GenBuhari: Nwannem, biko promote Gen Aguiyi-Ironsi and other Igbo leaders who served Nigeria well. This is strange.

;
Re: General Buhari Greatest Leader We Have Had In Last 40years! by dayokanu(m): 7:52pm On May 28, 2010
@Poster,

I agree with you somehow. Given the presidents we have had in this country, Buhari is the best while OBj is the worst

Somebody jailed people for corruption and you are celebrating that

He is supposed to praise them like OBJ did to Bode George abi?

Its the mlitary anything goes. I remember General OBJ passed a decree that a coup plotters should be killed after the Dimka coup thereby using it against Bissalla, Dimka and co

See above, Moreover have you seen any military ruler apologise before?

The president who annulled June 12 has he apologised? The one who ordered unknown soldiers to kill Mrs Kuti has he apologised?
Re: General Buhari Greatest Leader We Have Had In Last 40years! by Oba234: 8:40pm On May 28, 2010
Buhari was the worst nigerian president ever. He is in the ranks of Hitler, Stalin and Mao
Re: General Buhari Greatest Leader We Have Had In Last 40years! by oderemo(m): 8:52pm On May 28, 2010
buhari remind me of that guy all the time . oju olape. from oshodi executed on drug charge.
Buhari was just a dumb figure head. Besides the zealot is a religious fanatic and a chronic tribalist. His looting record in his days as PTF chairman is still there, so let no one try and paint him as a saint or good leader.
that sum the guy up in a sentence.
Re: General Buhari Greatest Leader We Have Had In Last 40years! by dayokanu(m): 9:16pm On May 28, 2010
^^ Are you sure you didnt mean to write about OBJ when u put Buhari's name?
Re: General Buhari Greatest Leader We Have Had In Last 40years! by oderemo(m): 9:22pm On May 28, 2010
Are you sure you didnt mean to write about OBJ when u put Buhari's name?
the diff. btw . BUHARI AND OBJ is like as thin as a coat of magnolia on your wall. samu ni.
Re: General Buhari Greatest Leader We Have Had In Last 40years! by bibiking1(m): 11:20pm On May 28, 2010
Uhmm,,,,i have never loved people who blow their trumpets! angry
GenBuhari are you really sure you are the best leader we have EVER had
Re: General Buhari Greatest Leader We Have Had In Last 40years! by Nobody: 12:33am On May 29, 2010
@Andre Uweh
The strange thing here is that you are so tribal?

The fact that I am Igbo does not mean I cannot appreciate, admire or  promote a good leader like Gen Buhari, who just happens to be Hausa. If he was Yoruba or igbo I would still admire his achievements.

Besides I am promoting him because I think that a lot of youngsters are unaware of his achievements and qualities and he is also seekin election.

Unfortunately i have little knowledge of Ironsi, besides he is late and can no longer contribute to our nation.

Please people stop being so tribal, as a tribal nation is doomed to be a failed nation.

My friend, if you think there are good leaders you admire, please feel free to promote them yourself.

Andre Uweh:

@GenBuhari: Nwannem, biko promote Gen Aguiyi-Ironsi and other Igbo leaders who served Nigeria well. This is strange.

;
Re: General Buhari Greatest Leader We Have Had In Last 40years! by bigdoo: 12:57am On May 29, 2010
I totally agree that Buhari/Idiagbon regime was the best military regime Nigeria ever had before that crook called IBB came from nowhere to take Nigeria to an endless reign of corruption that has engulfed Nigeria since IBB became president.
Re: General Buhari Greatest Leader We Have Had In Last 40years! by Fhemmmy: 1:05am On May 29, 2010
But i remember that people were dancing and all that when IBB came into power, dancing that their messiah has come
Re: General Buhari Greatest Leader We Have Had In Last 40years! by Gayigaskia(m): 1:32am On May 29, 2010
Buhari was the worst nigerian president ever. He is in the ranks of Hitler, Stalin and Mao

I didn't know Mao was a bad leader. lipsrsealed
Re: General Buhari Greatest Leader We Have Had In Last 40years! by dayokanu(m): 1:33am On May 29, 2010
Fhemmy,

That was because the average Nigerian is unruly and cant conform to any form of discipline that Buhari was trying to bring

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why I Stopped Campaigning For Arewa Republic / Government To Investigate Emeagwali / Insecurity, Funding Threaten 2015 Elections, Says Jega

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.