Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,063 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

Is It Really A Democracy?? Why is The Black Man Is Unserious - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is It Really A Democracy?? Why is The Black Man Is Unserious (311 Views)

If We Care About DEMOCRACY, Why Do We Ignore The DEMOCRATIC Will Of Niger? / Lagos APC Mocks Funke Akindele’s Nomination, Says PDP Is Unserious / Bode George: Nigeria Operating A Military Government In A Democracy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is It Really A Democracy?? Why is The Black Man Is Unserious by mralabs(m): 9:56am On May 29, 2018
Call for serious thinking, this is a simple a post but when deeply analysed you will understand the dynamics of human behaviour.
These are pictures of the house of Common (UK, IMG 1) and House of Congress(USA, IMG 2.) built not to offer comfort n luxury but meant for serious minded individuals that knows the responsibilities that comes with leadership, and rightly act in accordance.
No time for frivolities n ineptitudes.

We are here for business, that's the statement, not the luxurious napping room we have as House of Rep and Senate here in Nigeria (IMGs after 1.. 2.. One don't even need to be told) .

Why won't they all be sleeping instead of approving and passing important bills. #Democrazy indeed!

#I would have lauded the majority black south Africa and thought them different for their house of Parliament (Last IMG) but then, they never had hand in its design and construction, what would have been if they did? Maybe not as terrible as what we have here.

So the question that begs for answer now is .. Why are we like this?

Re: Is It Really A Democracy?? Why is The Black Man Is Unserious by mralabs(m): 9:58am On May 29, 2018
More Images

Re: Is It Really A Democracy?? Why is The Black Man Is Unserious by ElsonMorali: 12:41pm On May 29, 2018
I propose they replace those padded seats with either wooden or concrete benches.

I propose they scrap the bicameral legislature, fire all the senators and reduce the nation's overhead.

I propose that the process for the recall of a legislator be simplified and made less cumbersome.

I propose that the job of legislators be made part-time and not full time and they be paid stipends a percentage of the minimum wage instead of allowances and salaries. They are our servants, we should decide what they earn.

I propose that all other allowances and emoluments be scrapped.

Automatic oversight fundings should be stopped and must be applied for for specific purposes. That is, when a legislator decides he wants to do so and so for his constituency that will need more than a million naira, he should apply in written form.

I propose that all legislators be mandated to have an office in their constituency and be required by law to have a meeting with their constituency at least once every quarter of the year to present reports of their performance in office and listen to requests from their constituents. Failure to do this will result in automatic recall.

I propose that all security attachés to all legislators be removed especially if they are police or military. If they want personal security they should vote for better security measures in Nigeria or they should hire private security firms to look after them and their families.
The ratio of policemen to Nigerians is appalling and grossly inadequate. We can't afford to assign policemen to guard every public servant elected into office even if you are the Senate President or Speaker.

I rest my case. Those in favor say Aye!!!

The Ayes have it!!!!!!!!!. Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

Democracyday: Buhari Worst Leader / BIAFRA DAY 2018 – Fear & Anxiety In South East Over Sit-at-home Order / June 12 Is Here Again!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.