Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,184 members, 7,822,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

Ola Aina Still In Contention For World Cup As Rohr Axes 4 Players - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ola Aina Still In Contention For World Cup As Rohr Axes 4 Players (28505 Views)

Osimhen, Aribo, Akpeyi Return As Rohr Unveil 24-Man Eagles Squad For 2021 AFCON / Nigeria 1-0 Burundi, Fans React To Ola Aina Hot Back Pass, Ighalo Goal (Photos) / Kylian Mbappe Makes History At The World Cup As Cristiano Ronaldo Crashed Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ola Aina Still In Contention For World Cup As Rohr Axes 4 Players by oshe11: 8:09am On May 31, 2018
amstamon:
And Musa grin
Moses wen no fit break into leicester?shockedgrin
Re: Ola Aina Still In Contention For World Cup As Rohr Axes 4 Players by oshe11: 8:12am On May 31, 2018
blazer2018:

Him dey Wolfsburg bench or team B
Na wa ooo
That guy is too good to be wasted oo

1 Like

Re: Ola Aina Still In Contention For World Cup As Rohr Axes 4 Players by chucsmoore(m): 9:06am On May 31, 2018
oshe11:
Arg 4-1 Nig
Cro 2-0 Nig
Ice 0-0 Niggrin

Bookmark IT
lol. Ya fada

Re: Ola Aina Still In Contention For World Cup As Rohr Axes 4 Players by oshe11: 9:08am On May 31, 2018
chucsmoore:
lol. Ya fada
U dnt have respect ba?

Re: Ola Aina Still In Contention For World Cup As Rohr Axes 4 Players by ochikingz(m): 10:21am On May 31, 2018
Nig vs cro
2:1
Nig vs icl
0:0
Nig vs arg
2:2
Quote me this is how it will play out in the group stage
Re: Ola Aina Still In Contention For World Cup As Rohr Axes 4 Players by Walelavender(m): 11:21am On May 31, 2018
Ola Aina is a rookie. Not confident enough at the back. This is the ultimate football competition on the planet,we can't afford to gamble at the back. Tyronne is manageable(caved under pressure against Serbia),Shehu will deliver, Echiejile might be a disaster to happen,but for his experience.
Our area of strength is our attack.

If only we could play like Liverpool in the world cup....attack attack and attack grin
Heard this while growing up..
"Attack is the best form of defense"
Re: Ola Aina Still In Contention For World Cup As Rohr Axes 4 Players by blazer2018: 7:41pm On May 31, 2018
oshe11:
Na wa ooo

That guy is too good to be wasted oo

I guess he's still in his formative years as a professional striker...plus he needs to build up his muscle a little bit, he's too lanky...he's will get there if he doesn't lose focus.
Re: Ola Aina Still In Contention For World Cup As Rohr Axes 4 Players by oshe11: 9:56pm On May 31, 2018
blazer2018:

I guess he's still in his formative years as a professional striker...plus he needs to build up his muscle a little bit, he's too lanky...he's will get there if he doesn't lose focus.
Thats whatI hate abt Naija
We do not follow these players up but expect to choose us when they av bn adopted by another country
Re: Ola Aina Still In Contention For World Cup As Rohr Axes 4 Players by blazer2018: 10:09pm On May 31, 2018
oshe11:
Thats whatI hate abt Naija
We do not follow these players up but expect to choose us when they av bn adopted by another country

I think whether he succeeds or not depends solely on him...he has to show signs dat he can play at d highest level before any national team coach can look in his direction...look at d Nwakali brothers; they're still doing great in their various club sides, hence their invitation for d friendly against Atletico Madrid.

Note that, not all players that shine in their underage days end up becoming super stars.
Re: Ola Aina Still In Contention For World Cup As Rohr Axes 4 Players by oshe11: 10:11pm On May 31, 2018
blazer2018:

I think whether he succeeds or not depends solely on him...he has to show signs dat he can play at d highest level before any national team coach can look in his direction...look at d Nwakali brothers; they're still doing great in their various club sides, hence their invitation for d friendly against Atletico Madrid.

Note that, not all players that shine in their underage days end up becoming super stars.
Sure.....

Just take belgium as a case study, U'd know what I'm saying....

We need to kip tab on these players and not onky show up when they are something

AJ comes to mind
Re: Ola Aina Still In Contention For World Cup As Rohr Axes 4 Players by Ndonu101: 10:14pm On May 31, 2018
blazer2018:

If you see any super eagles training picture or video, watch out for Ola Aina and you will see unseriousness written all over him.

He needs to fight for his place like everyone else
Re: Ola Aina Still In Contention For World Cup As Rohr Axes 4 Players by blazer2018: 10:26pm On May 31, 2018
Ndonu101:

If you see any super eagles training picture or video, which out for Ola Aina and you will see unseriousness written all over him.

He needs to fight for his place like everyone else

Of course, his place is not guaranteed at d World Cup now...I am sure he'll eventually be dropped, except there is an injury to any of his competitors...we have 5 full backs in d team now and Rohr has said he can't take d 5 to the mundial...We have Abdullahi Shehu; Olaoluwa Aina; Tyronne Ebuehi; Elderson Echiejile; and Bryan Idowu.

Now tell, does he measure up to any of these guys? Maybe Elderson sha, but his experience will give him an edge over Aina.
Re: Ola Aina Still In Contention For World Cup As Rohr Axes 4 Players by Ndonu101: 10:40pm On May 31, 2018
blazer2018:

Of course, his place is not guaranteed at d World Cup now...I am sure he'll eventually be dropped, except there is an injury to any of his competitors...we have 5 full backs in d team now and Rohr has said he can't take d 5 to the mundial...We have Abdullahi Shehu; Olaoluwa Aina; Tyronne Ebuehi; Elderson Echiejile; and Bryan Idowu.

Now tell, does he measure up to any of these guys? Maybe Elderson sha, but his experience will give him an edge over Aina.

If Ola Aina was fighting hard and training hard he would have displaced Elderson. For the sake of the future Rohr would have selected him.

Look at Brian Idowu for example, his professionalism is infectious. Very unassuming guy

When Ola Aina gets dropped he should blame himself. Unseriousness will cost him his place in the World Cup squad

Unfortunately that will be dangerous for his international career because with Ebuehi going to Benfica he may lock down the right back in future for the left back I can see Ebube Duru or Ikouwem Utin coming through because they are natural left footers
Re: Ola Aina Still In Contention For World Cup As Rohr Axes 4 Players by blazer2018: 10:43pm On May 31, 2018
oshe11:
Sure.....

Just take belgium as a case study, U'd know what I'm saying....

We need to kip tab on these players and not onky show up when they are something

AJ comes to mind

I understand what u are driving at. But note that what u see in people, i might not see d same thing.

But i want you know that one can't be in d shadows and expect people to see him...u need to show that u still have it in u 4 pple to take u serious...look at Okoro for example, he shun at d u17 World Cup in Nigeria, was invited to d Super Eagles and he fumbled big time...in case u have forgotten, this Osimhen of a boy has bn invited like twice in d past if i am not mistaken but didn't measure up...His time will come with the Olympic team, i hope he uses d platform to relaunch his national team career.

Plus i think dat his woes with d national team was compounded due to d fact that his set failed to qualify for d u20 Africa Qualification tourney.

As for AJ, he was rejected by a Nigerian coach because he was so skinny...and i am sure this rejection made him to build up his muscle before he was discovered by England.

And u will note that seasoned club managers in Europe hve lamented at one time or d other that they overlooked some players in d past who are now super stars.
Re: Ola Aina Still In Contention For World Cup As Rohr Axes 4 Players by Ndonu101: 10:46pm On May 31, 2018
Ola Aina, Defender

One team official simply told SCORENigeria the Chelsea loanee has been playing “childish football” and he will most likely be asked to be axed for the experienced Elderson Echiejile and Brian Idowu to be the two leftbacks on the plane to Russia.

http://scorenigeria.com.ng/2018/05/27/scorenigeria-picks-5-eagles-to-be-dropped-ajiboye-ola-aina-stephen-eze-mikel-agu-junior-lokosa/
Re: Ola Aina Still In Contention For World Cup As Rohr Axes 4 Players by oshe11: 10:47pm On May 31, 2018
blazer2018:

I understand what u are driving at. But note that what u see in people, i might not see d same thing.

But i want you know that one can't be in d shadows and expect people to see him...u need to show that u still have it in u 4 pple to take u serious...look at Okoro for example, he shun at d u17 World Cup in Nigeria, was invited to d Super Eagles and he fumbled big time...in case u have forgotten, this Osimhen of a boy has bn invited like twice in d past if i am not mistaken but didn't measure up...His time will come with the Olympic team, i hope he uses d platform to relaunch his national team career.

Plus i think dat his woes with d national team was compounded due to d fact that his set failed to qualify for d u20 Africa Qualification tourney.

As for AJ, he was rejected by a Nigerian coach because he was so skinny...and i am sure this rejection made him to build up his muscle before he was discovered by England.

And u will note that seasoned club managers in Europe hve lamented at one time or d other that they overlooked some players in d past who are now super stars.

Exactly my point.....

Its good to Nurture players with obvious potentials

But I get your point as well

Looking forward to seeing him at the olympics

1 Like

Re: Ola Aina Still In Contention For World Cup As Rohr Axes 4 Players by blazer2018: 10:52pm On May 31, 2018
Ndonu101:

If Ola Aina was fighting hard and training hard he would have displaced Elderson. For the sake of the future Rohr would have selected him.

Look at Brian Idowu for example, his professionalism is infectious. Very unassuming guy

When Ola Aina gets dropped he should blame himself. Unseriousness will cost him his place in the World Cup squad

Unfortunately that will be dangerous for his international career because with Ebuehi going to Benfica he may lock down the right back in future for the left back I can see Ebube Duru or Ikouwem Utin coming through because they are natural left footers

I agree with u...his destiny is in his hands...maybe if he's dropped he will sit up in d future...he thinks because he plays in England his placed is secure... undecided

I know Rohr will give him one last chance against England.
Re: Ola Aina Still In Contention For World Cup As Rohr Axes 4 Players by quickly: 12:07am On Jun 01, 2018
Walelavender:
Ola Aina is a rookie. Not confident enough at the back. This is the ultimate football competition on the planet,we can't afford to gamble at the back. Tyronne is manageable(caved under pressure against Serbia),Shehu will deliver, Echiejile might be a disaster to happen,but for his experience.
Our area of strength is our attack.

If only we could play like Liverpool in the world cup....attack attack and attack grin
Heard this while growing up..
"Attack is the best form of defense"

dId you watch the game argentina he did a good job. Also that congo pitch would be bad for someone who was brought up in britain.

Let Rohr start Echijele against England and he would be exposed .

Aina is more attacking minded which is the modern requiremnt of wing back (L or R)
Re: Ola Aina Still In Contention For World Cup As Rohr Axes 4 Players by Walelavender(m): 10:36am On Jun 01, 2018
quickly:

dId you watch the game argentina he did a good job. Also that congo pitch would be bad for someone who was brought up in britain.

Let Rohr start Echijele against England and he would be exposed .

Aina is more attacking minded which is the modern requiremnt of wing back (L or R)
From all indications,the coach will be settling for Brian Idowu. He has something better to bring to the table. Echiejile has lost form. A no-no for me.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Neymar Demands DNA Test To Confirm Third Child With Brazilian Model / Okiki Afolabi Faces FIFA Ban Over Forged Document (photo) / Official French Open ( Rolland Garros ) 2012 Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.