Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,353 members, 7,815,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

Second Hand Tyre Export - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Second Hand Tyre Export (10902 Views)

Big Electric Car Jack For Big Jeeps SUV And Cars, Wheelspanner And Tyre Pump / 4 Second Hand Japanese Cars For Sale / Prices Of Second-hand Cars In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Second Hand Tyre Export by keyremotes(m): 10:13pm On May 31, 2010
I cringe at the reasoning of people. shocked
We are in big trouble in this nation. cry
Something is banned. Why are you now interested in bringing the same thing in.
It is obvious the illegality of importing contraband will spiral into bribing the customs to allow them in and a whole lot of other corrupt dealing.
We know how to criticize politicians and the rest,
But, we do what they do.
Is this topic really worth discussing?
Re: Second Hand Tyre Export by Onwan: 10:54pm On May 31, 2010
keyremotes:

I cringe at the reasoning of people.  shocked
We are in big trouble in this nation.   cry
Something is banned. Why are you now interested in bringing the same thing in. 
It is obvious the illegality of importing contraband will spiral into bribing the customs to allow them in and a whole lot of other corrupt dealing.
We know how to criticize politicians and the rest,
But, we do what they do.
Is this topic really worth discussing?

@Keyremotes
Thats a good question to ask yourself.

But I understand your limitations. We are what we think, know and understand. You have your own views - and from what I can read, no one has the time or need to criticize you or your views, kindly do that for others.

And just so you understand; the original poster is not even an issue here, IF he doesnt do it, others have been and will continue doing it; the relevance of these posts is to make points clear and educate folks on dangers of Nigerian used and the effectiveness of the good grade foreign used.

I wouldnt have the time to be pretending that I dont buy foreign used tyres - I prefer them to thoserubber wrapped things they call brand new and I have my own views on the ban itself.

In some quarters; the UNLICENSED AND FREELANCE key programming service you offer is illegal and even criminal (based on the instance and circumstances) BUT like I said, no one actually has the time for those things, our views here are about used and imported tyres from a user point of view;

Politically biased/based policies by a government is not and has never been a stable point of reference and can be revised or ammended to suit whatever interest appeals to them. Its even more serious these days where the quality of services and goods made for particular zones and countries are market dependent.

For instance, someone educated us here on the quality or lack of basic safety features on the Kia Rio vehicles ordered by Dana - the question now is this; which would you chose - a Brand new 2010 Kia Rio from Dana Motors and a 2008 Kia Rio tokumbo?

Please understand our views - we do understand yours.
Re: Second Hand Tyre Export by Nobody: 7:49am On Jun 01, 2010
^^^ Not every driver is savvy when it comes to serviceable parts which can be fitted to their cars. A tyre could have a split ply on the inside. How would even the most experienced of drivers spot this? The onus still lies with the sellers to sell parts that are safe for use.

Not still sure where this topic's leading to. The fact still remains, there's a ban on the importation of used tyres into Nigeria - people may not agree with this ban, but that's just the way it is.
Re: Second Hand Tyre Export by bigfather(m): 8:25am On Jun 01, 2010
For me, i would rather prefer a toks tyre than go for a new one. My friend once had a teribble experience about the so called new tyres. He brought two brand new tryes for 20k ( which i blamed him for anyway ) and we were on on our way to Ibadan for holiday, on getting to Ogere, we just heard a loud bang,only for us to discover that the the so called brand new tyre bursted,thank God that he slowed down just simply because we were approaching the trailer park. Can you imagine what would have happended if we were to be on top speed ? ( though it could have happended if it was toks or new anyway ) Like i said in my previous post, i have been using toks for my cars ever since i bought them and i have never regretted and i also hope not to ! Am not saying new tyres ain't good o ! But different strokes for different folks.
Re: Second Hand Tyre Export by keyremotes(m): 12:28pm On Jun 01, 2010
smiley
Re: Second Hand Tyre Export by femmy2010(m): 12:31pm On Jun 01, 2010
It is indeed an issue of different strokes for different folks.
Re: Second Hand Tyre Export by omobana: 9:27pm On Aug 17, 2010
look, to make things easy, go to this link below and find the list of contraband in nigeria

http://www.customs.gov.ng/ProhibitionList/import.php
Re: Second Hand Tyre Export by djsmoothy: 11:46am On Sep 23, 2010
hello guys just like to ask who will like to buy a 40ft conatiner filled with used tyres?
i have 5 container headin to cotouno and i need buyers each container have 2000pcs of
tyres and their sizes are 13, 14, 15 and 16 if you are a serious buyer pls mail me
djsmoothy1@hotmail.com or call me on +447886666126
Re: Second Hand Tyre Export by femmy2010(m): 12:29pm On Sep 23, 2010
Frankly,
9ja market is your best bet as would be hard for anyone to buy it from Cotonou but i am sure they would be willing to buy it pronto upon arrival in Lagos.
Re: Second Hand Tyre Export by djsmoothy: 1:05pm On Sep 23, 2010
@femmy2010
THANKS FOR THE REPLY I JUST EMAILED YOU
I WAS THINKING USED TYRES ARE BAN IN NIGERIA
HOW CAN WE BRING IT IN ?
THIS IS A LOT OF MONEY AND I DONT WANT CUTOMS
TO TAKE MY GOODS. I CAN SELL CHEAP IF I GET BUYERS THAT
ARE WILLING TO BUY IN COTOUNO
Re: Second Hand Tyre Export by 2fishes(m): 4:32am On Jul 20, 2013
any use of condemned tires, for export maybe?
Re: Second Hand Tyre Export by sanchiox1: 2:48pm On Jan 30, 2019
Check the attached for what the law says about used tires.
If its not rethreaded or pneumatic (automatically air inflated), it is not against the law.
Let your conscience guide the rest.
This ones in the pics are really scary! smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

New Outboard Motors/marine Engines & Spare Parts @ Manufacturers Price! / add old buy your dream car in ibadan 08088525399 / PreOrder Your Cars From Copart and IAAI Using Our License with Little Commission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.