Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,423 members, 7,812,241 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:32 AM

Important Health Benefits Of Cashew Nuts You Should Know - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Important Health Benefits Of Cashew Nuts You Should Know (18643 Views)

Benefits Of Tiger Nuts You Should Not Take For Granted / Random Important Health Tips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Important Health Benefits Of Cashew Nuts You Should Know by bloomstar: 5:52pm On May 31, 2018
Cashews have a buttery, sweet, and salty taste, an unmistakable shape, and they are an excellent source of vitamins and minerals. They grow on cashew nut trees.

Many of us eat cashews after they have been roasted and salted, which turns them into a delicious snack.

Nutrition Facts

Cashews, Raw, 1 ounce
Amount
Calories 155 calories
Carbohydrates 9.2 g
Protein 5.1 g
Vitamin E 0.3 mg
Vitamin K 9.5 mcg
Vitamin B6 0.1 mg
Calcium 10.4 mg
Sodium 3.4 mg

What Are the Health Benefits of Cashew nuts?

Although cashews are one of the lowest-fiber nuts, they are packed with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. These include vitamins E, K, and B6, along with minerals like copper, phosphorus, zinc, magnesium, iron, and selenium, all of which are important for maintaining good bodily function.

Heart Health

Research shows that eating more nuts, such as cashews, can lower your risk for cardiovascular disease. This may occur by reducing blood pressure and “bad” cholesterol levels. Nuts are naturally cholesterol-free and contain good amounts of heart-healthy fats, fiber, and protein. They also contain arginine, which protects the inner lining of artery walls.

Other vitamins and minerals in nuts, like potassium, vitamins E and B6, and folic acid, also help to fight heart disease.

Blood Health

The copper and iron in cashews work together to help the body form and utilize red blood cells. This in turn keeps blood vessels, nerves, the immune system, and bones healthy and functioning properly.

Eye Health

We’ve all heard that carrots are good for your eyes, but it might come as a surprise that cashews are too! They contain high levels of lutein and zeaxanthin, which act as antioxidants when consumed regularly. These compounds protect the eyes from light damage (which can turn into blindness in the elderly), and can even help decrease the instance of cataracts.

Weight Loss

According to research, two servings of nuts a day is helpful in fighting against cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and cancer. Replacing animal fats and proteins with the mono-and polyunsaturated fats found in cashews is an excellent way to manage your weight and reduce the build-up of fat and cholesterol in the heart.

What About the Fat?

Cashews contain a lot of vitamins and nutrients, but they also contain a lot of fat. The good news is that these fats are mostly monounsaturated and polyunsaturated.

When substituted for saturated fats and eaten in moderation, mono- and polyunsaturated fats can help improve heart disease as well as reduce the risk for stroke and prevent weight gain.

Polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats also contribute vitamin E to the diet. Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant that is great for promoting positive cell growth and overall health in the human body.

The Takeaway
Consumption of cashews has been linked to cancer prevention, heart health, and weight maintenance. Cashews make a great replacement for animal fats and proteins, and their delicious flavor makes them a satisfying snack.

Without a doubt, cashews are a versatile and healthy food, unique among other nuts and packed with the vitamins and nutrients essential to good health. The next time you can, grab a handful of cashews and enjoy the benefits of this amazing nut!

source: http://generalhealthinfo.com/2018/05/25/important-health-benefits-of-cashew-nuts/

6 Likes

Re: Important Health Benefits Of Cashew Nuts You Should Know by mxpinky: 6:57pm On May 31, 2018
very informative
ftc for the first time on nl please show me some love

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Important Health Benefits Of Cashew Nuts You Should Know by Saff(f): 8:08pm On May 31, 2018
I eat these everyday smiley love it smiley

2 Likes

Re: Important Health Benefits Of Cashew Nuts You Should Know by Heywhizzy(m): 8:08pm On May 31, 2018
I don't see any benefits if your main chick 'catch you nut' into your side chick

1 Like

Re: Important Health Benefits Of Cashew Nuts You Should Know by AprokoGirl: 8:09pm On May 31, 2018
grin grin
Re: Important Health Benefits Of Cashew Nuts You Should Know by senatorshegsy5: 8:09pm On May 31, 2018
WE DO HEAR
Re: Important Health Benefits Of Cashew Nuts You Should Know by brainpower(m): 8:10pm On May 31, 2018
Every plant and seed now cures cancer, high blood pressure and diabetes.

They all fight blood sugar.

Which fruit doesn't even cure or regulate these things self?

That's how everywhere you go all you hear is " so so bitters cures staph, gonorrhea, syphilis etc"

They would have included HIV if not that they will be arrested for carrying fake news.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Important Health Benefits Of Cashew Nuts You Should Know by phoenix45(m): 8:12pm On May 31, 2018
nice info.
smh this was our chemical for tatoo during secondary school days. I still carry the mark.
Re: Important Health Benefits Of Cashew Nuts You Should Know by Owaincouncil: 8:13pm On May 31, 2018
Saff:
Where are you living bro.
Re: Important Health Benefits Of Cashew Nuts You Should Know by phoenix45(m): 8:13pm On May 31, 2018
nice info.
smh this was our chemical for tatoo during secondary school days. I still carry the mark.
Re: Important Health Benefits Of Cashew Nuts You Should Know by escoly(m): 8:13pm On May 31, 2018
�����
Re: Important Health Benefits Of Cashew Nuts You Should Know by oluwaVaz(m): 8:14pm On May 31, 2018
I only eat cashew nuts whenever am travelling.... grin

2 Likes

Re: Important Health Benefits Of Cashew Nuts You Should Know by Nobody: 8:16pm On May 31, 2018
(Cashew Nuts)- Formula for child's brain development. Makes you/him/her attractive and also, prevent/cure kidney infections/diseases. Thank me later!
Re: Important Health Benefits Of Cashew Nuts You Should Know by AreaFada2: 8:16pm On May 31, 2018
Saff:

It seems cashews also help to have good legs too. grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Important Health Benefits Of Cashew Nuts You Should Know by Saff(f): 8:18pm On May 31, 2018
Owaincouncil:

Where are you living bro.
Bro? Don’t address me in that way please.
Re: Important Health Benefits Of Cashew Nuts You Should Know by alfonso36(m): 8:21pm On May 31, 2018
i sell cashew in tonnes, kogi cashew call me if you want to do business 07032115893

1 Like

Re: Important Health Benefits Of Cashew Nuts You Should Know by noble2faith(m): 8:23pm On May 31, 2018
Saff:
Bro? Don’t address me in that way please.

Don't mind him! He can't say dat he was aware of your gender. Na style he wan use to.............. (He go complete d rest)
Re: Important Health Benefits Of Cashew Nuts You Should Know by Thatwasepic(m): 8:31pm On May 31, 2018
Damn in a rut, everything helps with weight loss
Re: Important Health Benefits Of Cashew Nuts You Should Know by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:41pm On May 31, 2018

Re: Important Health Benefits Of Cashew Nuts You Should Know by Histrings08(m): 9:05pm On May 31, 2018
grin
Heywhizzy:
I don't see any benefits if your main chick 'catch you nut' into your side chick
Re: Important Health Benefits Of Cashew Nuts You Should Know by luckingto50: 10:02pm On May 31, 2018
The cashew nut is too expensive. Like 1 Chelsea gin bottle cost 2000 and some shops even sell more than that
Re: Important Health Benefits Of Cashew Nuts You Should Know by mysteriousman(m): 10:15pm On May 31, 2018
I love fruits they are natural remedies for ailments

1 Like

Re: Important Health Benefits Of Cashew Nuts You Should Know by Gurusarenna: 10:22pm On May 31, 2018
luckingto50:
The cashew nut is too expensive. Like 1 Chelsea gin bottle cost 2000 and some shops even sell more than that
to be frank its not expensive considering the production labour..
Re: Important Health Benefits Of Cashew Nuts You Should Know by Yesbody: 12:04am On Jun 01, 2018
bloomstar:
Cashews have a buttery, sweet, and salty taste, an unmistakable shape, and they are an excellent source of vitamins and minerals. They grow on cashew nut trees.

Many of us eat cashews after they have been roasted and salted, which turns them into a delicious snack.

Nutrition Facts

Cashews, Raw, 1 ounce
Amount
Calories 155 calories
Carbohydrates 9.2 g
Protein 5.1 g
Vitamin E 0.3 mg
Vitamin K 9.5 mcg
Vitamin B6 0.1 mg
Calcium 10.4 mg
Sodium 3.4 mg

What Are the Health Benefits of Cashew nuts?

Although cashews are one of the lowest-fiber nuts, they are packed with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. These include vitamins E, K, and B6, along with minerals like copper, phosphorus, zinc, magnesium, iron, and selenium, all of which are important for maintaining good bodily function.

Heart Health

Research shows that eating more nuts, such as cashews, can lower your risk for cardiovascular disease. This may occur by reducing blood pressure and “bad” cholesterol levels. Nuts are naturally cholesterol-free and contain good amounts of heart-healthy fats, fiber, and protein. They also contain arginine, which protects the inner lining of artery walls.

Other vitamins and minerals in nuts, like potassium, vitamins E and B6, and folic acid, also help to fight heart disease.

Blood Health

The copper and iron in cashews work together to help the body form and utilize red blood cells. This in turn keeps blood vessels, nerves, the immune system, and bones healthy and functioning properly.

Eye Health

We’ve all heard that carrots are good for your eyes, but it might come as a surprise that cashews are too! They contain high levels of lutein and zeaxanthin, which act as antioxidants when consumed regularly. These compounds protect the eyes from light damage (which can turn into blindness in the elderly), and can even help decrease the instance of cataracts.

Weight Loss

According to research, two servings of nuts a day is helpful in fighting against cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and cancer. Replacing animal fats and proteins with the mono-and polyunsaturated fats found in cashews is an excellent way to manage your weight and reduce the build-up of fat and cholesterol in the heart.

What About the Fat?

Cashews contain a lot of vitamins and nutrients, but they also contain a lot of fat. The good news is that these fats are mostly monounsaturated and polyunsaturated.

When substituted for saturated fats and eaten in moderation, mono- and polyunsaturated fats can help improve heart disease as well as reduce the risk for stroke and prevent weight gain.

Polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats also contribute vitamin E to the diet. Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant that is great for promoting positive cell growth and overall health in the human body.

The Takeaway
Consumption of cashews has been linked to cancer prevention, heart health, and weight maintenance. Cashews make a great replacement for animal fats and proteins, and their delicious flavor makes them a satisfying snack.

Without a doubt, cashews are a versatile and healthy food, unique among other nuts and packed with the vitamins and nutrients essential to good health. The next time you can, grab a handful of cashews and enjoy the benefits of this amazing nut!

source: http://generalhealthinfo.com/2018/05/25/important-health-benefits-of-cashew-nuts/

A medical practisional needs to verify your statement because I think your cashew nut business isn't booming enough then you need to encourage more people to patronise
Re: Important Health Benefits Of Cashew Nuts You Should Know by LoGiCkk: 6:08am On Jun 01, 2018
At last I see a topic on food/fruit/ health that really didn't talk about male sexual enhancement blah blah blah...because every food, fruit, drink or snack must "have sex enhancement That could make a man last 25hours on a woman" before it can be talked about on blogs or even advertised in Nigeria. Na wa.

1 Like

Re: Important Health Benefits Of Cashew Nuts You Should Know by Aldebaran(m): 6:46am On Jun 01, 2018
Good
Re: Important Health Benefits Of Cashew Nuts You Should Know by greggng: 10:51am On Jun 01, 2018
I am afraid of fruits cos That was what eve used to deceive adam
Re: Important Health Benefits Of Cashew Nuts You Should Know by bloomstar: 4:02pm On Jun 01, 2018
Yesbody:

A medical practisional needs to verify your statement because I think your cashew nut business isn't booming enough then you need to encourage more people to patronise

i would ignore your ignorance of the fact that you are not enlightened enough to view my profile before unleashing those malware from your gutter
Re: Important Health Benefits Of Cashew Nuts You Should Know by malware: 5:58pm On Jun 01, 2018
bloomstar:

i would ignore your ignorance of the fact that you are not enlightened enough to view my profile before unleashing those malware from your gutter

Count me out of your argument

1 Like

Re: Important Health Benefits Of Cashew Nuts You Should Know by rathore36912: 5:33pm On Jul 06, 2018
Well, these were some of the cashew benefits in general. I want to bring in light what cashew nuts can do for men specifically.
> Cashew nuts boost fertility as they are high in zinc
> They improve the problem of erectile dysfunction due to their L-arginine content
> Cashew improve digestion with their fiber and magnesium
> Cashew nuts protect your stomach from alcohol-induced damage with their anacardic acids
> They also help your heart staying strong and healthy, thanks to their monounsaturated fats
> Also, cashews make your physique strong with their minerals like phosphorus, ma, nesium and copper.

Why I recommend you reading it is because every benefit is based on scientific evidences and contain link to their relevant references.
Source: https://trendsified.com/benefits-of-cashew-nuts-for-men/

(1) (Reply)

GLYCOLIC ACID, LACTIC ACID & RETIN A (TRETINION) AVAILABLE IN NIGERIA LADYFEJ / Unpaid Salaries: Osun Doctors In Street Protest Against Aregbesola / Doctors Performed C-section On 41-week Pregnant Woman But Found No Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.