Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,296 members, 7,829,687 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving (54052 Views)

Lagos Launches New Buses With Free Service On Five Routes / BRT New Buses Are Coming In Batches To Lagos Bus-Stops / Edo Mass Transit: 75 New Buses, Ultra-modern Terminals, Cashless Payment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by Jodesky(m): 8:23am On Jun 01, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Shuttle bus is within a short cyclic route to ferry passengers back and forth. Its stops are fixed and few.

Transit bus is a long haul for add and drop passengers over many stops and long distance. Stops are on-demand.

Some of these idle villagers you are engaging have never been to Lagos.
Leave them to keep wallowing in ignorance.
Is it not insane to start gauging Lagos crowd of commuters with those small settlements?

7 Likes

Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by Brunosampson(m): 8:25am On Jun 01, 2018
CodeTemplar:
God bless you. Delta state too did some 6 years ago and there was no noise.

so you are comparing enugu and delta to the biggest city in Africa(lagos)? When lagosians are are on their way to work every morning, you are probably still in deep sleep bro.
Lagosians need danfo more than these shuttle because of its excessive traffic and population. They can introduce it into Lagos, but must not stop the use of danfo.

2 Likes

Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by ba7man(m): 8:28am On Jun 01, 2018
jaxxy:

I thought about this again just yesterday. I believe the yellow danfo shud go or be phased out bt not for brt buses again pls. Brt can't even serve Ikorodu, surlere, vi, talkess of ajah adequately due to many factors. Do u know how many yellow buses are on the road? U can throw so many people of their jobs without giving them an option or alternative becos of ur mega city dream.

Lagos state govt shud devise a way to incorporate the old structure into the new one or only partially phase out the old buses for certain areas of the state 1st as a test run.
Look at those yellow bus operators. They're insane.

They tried to incorporate them in the BRT scheme and look at what they turned those buses into.

Ambode had to take over the operation from them,buy new set of buses and gave them the rickety ones they've already ruined......now those buses are just like molues.

It's something they carry within them, look at their homes, lives, vehicles they drive, money they give you as change, how they talk......its all wretched.

They should be driven out of Lagos, some smart ones are already operating in Ogun state.

The day Ogun awaken to their menace, they'll be driven into Oyo and even further till they're back home in the northern Yoruba states where education isn't valued .

Maybe then they'll have a good re-think and switch to agriculture.

Transportation is the largest sector of the Lagos economy and it must not be left in the hands of illiterates and thugs.

6 Likes

Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by Bsokera1: 8:28am On Jun 01, 2018
adeolakemi:
are all yorubas from Lagos ain't there Yoruba's from Ogun,osun,Oyo,ekiti and ondo why always claim Lagos ?
it's called unity , we are all Yoruba before anything other division, or religion separation

5 Likes

Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by Greenville990: 8:28am On Jun 01, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

I like how level headed you have been all through the conversation,
You have been termed a fo.ol
There was also a demeaning meme used

Yet you were matured all the way and focused on message you wanted to pass.

Indeed Enugu is a big city quite developed as well. However, it can not be compared to Lagos in any regard especially transportation.

Proper transportation network to ease the millions of Lagosians, visitors and hustlers (especially from east) have been in place since Jakande era. When Enugu was still lumped up with Ebonyi.

Maybe we should do some imaginary experiment. Bring half of the populace in Lagos to Enugu.

If both came to solve a social problem, then what does it matter who was first to implement it?

For your information Lagos has had public transportation before Enugu was created by whites. If we were talking of firsts Enugu has no place along Lagos.

...but even if you are to showcase Enugu as a pride...give respect and allow the thread to live....dont kill it with bad belle. A good way to highlight Enugu will be to open a new thread.

Check this out, from Ratello....smooth! grin

1 Like

Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by CloudResident(m): 8:28am On Jun 01, 2018
Government business is serious business -matching action with words to impact positively on the people!

Eko o ni b'aje sé wink

1 Like

Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by Sotland: 8:29am On Jun 01, 2018
Blackmen will forever be black, most especially Nigerians. My point " Why importing these vehicles when there is a company that actually manufacture vehicles in Nigeria?". Why can't lagos start government patronize INNOSON motors? Could it be the same reason why Buhari never patronize Nigeria Hospitals? or could it be the usual tribal thing?? Innoson motors are durable and built for Nigeria roads.

We have a very long way to go in Nigeria. E go better, E go better. Is this how it will be better? a food for thought..

Soty

2 Likes

Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by Miles300: 8:33am On Jun 01, 2018
dyangprof:
How can dis vehicle manover Lagos short cut route when there is traffic congestion?

I think it should only be applicable to urban city metropolis, and not places like Agege to sango routes , Ajegunle routes arena, Oyingbo areas and so on.

Lagos will always be Lagos in times of Rogedity
your statement tho ! So u like underdevelopment

2 Likes

Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by kenx1(m): 8:37am On Jun 01, 2018
Yeah they look cool....but i hope dey adopt maintenance culture if not within a couple of yrs they would look like the danfo buses
Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by ItzBIM(m): 8:40am On Jun 01, 2018
dyangprof:
How can dis vehicle manover Lagos short cut route when there is traffic congestion?

I think it should only be applicable to urban city metropolis, and not places like Agege to sango routes , Ajegunle routes arena, Oyingbo areas and so on.

We can’t move forward with this mentality. If you refuse to adapt you will be left behind.

1 Like

Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by kennypedia(m): 8:41am On Jun 01, 2018
dyangprof:

Bro you are not a transport manager na. Lagos state government is also working on transport demand instead of transport supply only. Creating more roads will only cause more problems because I will want to make my car move on it same as yours but if we can get a bus that's cheap and convenient you and I will be willing to leave our cars at home thereby reducing traffic

1 Like

Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by ba7man(m): 8:41am On Jun 01, 2018
Lalas247:

Exactly ... it’s sad but true ..
Those former buses were given to the operators of molues. They don't know the word maintainace.

The new ones introduced by Ambode wasn't given to them which is why they're still fresh looking, clean and air conditioned 3 yrs later.

Their only set back is they're inadequate.....a problem which is being tackled by this introduction of more buses.
Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by Dollabiz: 8:42am On Jun 01, 2018
hmmm
Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by philoedu(m): 8:43am On Jun 01, 2018
I will like to say here, that it is all a good thing to do, but the very idea of not maintaining these equipment is sometimes mind burgling, it simply goes to show that Nigeria as country has no maintaining culture. And I think it not too late, if we think it is a problem to solve. Because, every govt., that comes seems to want to start all over again as if nothing has ever been done before they come to power. May God bless Nigeria.
Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by Okundaye4(m): 8:43am On Jun 01, 2018
selemempe:
u guys are very backward...Enugu replaced its own ENTRACO Danfos since 2007 without making noise about it...u guys are making noice in 2018 because of common bus.

People say that fashola is great and all that...i just laugh...i know fashola would not transform Enugu the way sullivan did, given the money available

The beauty of it is that it is Nigerian made buses -IVM

1 Like

Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by seribroo56(m): 8:45am On Jun 01, 2018
iamjavadem:
You can move to Enugu or Delta state. Bad belle.
did he say he stays in Lagos, not everybody that uses nairaland stay in lagos

1 Like

Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by CodeTemplar: 8:45am On Jun 01, 2018
iamjavadem:
Where did you get your statistics from? 1,500 buses!!!!! You must be a clown.
Here is one source as at 2013, i know more buses were procured after this one. Plus my figure was an estimate but even at that it was close so who is the clown?
www.informationng.com/2013/12/uduaghan-boosts-mass-transit-in-delta-state-with-inauguration-of-130-new-buses.html
Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by Oharina(m): 8:48am On Jun 01, 2018
dyangprof:

The best comment

1 Like

Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by CodeTemplar: 8:48am On Jun 01, 2018
Brunosampson:

so you are comparing enugu and delta to the biggest city in Africa(lagos)? When lagosians are are on their way to work every morning, you are probably still in deep sleep bro.
Lagosians need danfo more than these shuttle because of its excessive traffic and population. They can introduce it into Lagos, but must not stop the use of danfo.
I only point out the fact that Delta has a good transit system that didn't generate fake noise on Nairaland. Some northern states have it to.

1 Like

Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by jarkbauer: 8:48am On Jun 01, 2018
ba7man:
Look at those yellow bus operators. They're insane.

They tried to incorporate them in the BRT scheme and look at what they turned those buses into.

Ambode had to take over the operation from them,buy new set of buses and gave them the rickety ones they've already ruined......now those buses are just like molues.

It's something they carry within them, look at their homes, lives, vehicles they drive, money they give you as change, how they talk......its all wretched.

They should be driven out of Lagos, some smart ones are already operating in Ogun state.

The day Ogun awaken to their menace, they'll be driven into Oyo and even further till they're back home in the northern Yoruba states where education isn't valued .

Maybe then they'll have a good re-think and switch to agriculture.

Transportation is the largest sector of the Lagos economy and it must not be left in the hands of illiterates and thugs.

You deserve Louis XIII it's just too expensive I heard it's 1.1million. I for but you one for this. You can't leave transportation to the hands of touts and illiterates

1 Like

Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by ba7man(m): 8:51am On Jun 01, 2018
CodeTemplar:
God bless you. Delta state too did some 6 years ago and there was no noise.
Delta has roughly 4 million people and you're comparing it to a state with 21 million people??

You have small town mentality. undecided
Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by CodeTemplar: 8:54am On Jun 01, 2018
ba7man:
Delta has roughly 4 million people and you're comparing it to a state with 21 million people??

How did I compare it? Must you make noise about buses in a state with phantom 21m people. I think delta deserves to make more noise here if any state should.
Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by ba7man(m): 8:56am On Jun 01, 2018
jarkbauer:

You deserve Louis XIII it's just too expensive I heard it's 1.1million. I for but you one for this. You can't leave transportation to the hands of touts and illiterates
That's the root cause of crime in Lagos. Their members are directly or indirectly linked to crime and acts of violence experienced all around the city.

You'll definitely notice the upsurge of crime, lawlessness, over-population (they give birth like rats), dirty environment and markets (Created by their girlfriends, wives and mothers)etc in areas where they're concentrated............and the money they realize from transportation sustains their menace.

They stand in the way of sanity in Lagos and it's funny most of them aren't from Lagos.

They're from upper Oyo, Kwara, upper parts of Osun.
Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by CodeTemplar: 8:58am On Jun 01, 2018
iamjavadem:
You can move to Enugu or Delta state. Bad belle.
Bad belle? You must be sick in head. What's worthy of noise in Lagos buying buses. Some northern have it.
Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by jarkbauer: 8:59am On Jun 01, 2018
ba7man:

Asides that
The problem is nobody cares about what happens in Enugu.

3 Likes

Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by ba7man(m): 9:02am On Jun 01, 2018
CodeTemplar:
How did I compare it? Must you make noise about buses in a state with phantom 21m people. I think delta deserves to make more noise here if any state should.
Go and make noise in Delta then?

21 million people dey talk, you want them to notice 4 million people??
Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by jarkbauer: 9:03am On Jun 01, 2018
kiss
ba7man:
That's the root cause of crime in Lagos. Their members are directly or indirectly linked to crime and acts of violence experienced all around the city.

You'll definitely notice the upsurge of crime, lawlessness, over-population (they give birth like rats), dirty environment and markets (Created by their girlfriends, wives and mothers)etc in areas where they're concentrated............and the money they realize from transportation sustains their menace.

They stand in the way of sanity in Lagos and it's funny most of them aren't from Lagos.

They're from upper Oyo, Kwara, upper parts of Osun.

I laugh when people say banning Danfo will increase crime. It will in fact reduce it. The daily income they realize sustains their menace. As matter of fact Lagos population may reduce if you ban danfo okada and keke altogether

1 Like

Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by Nobody: 9:03am On Jun 01, 2018
Hope these buses can park in those small small bus stops found all around Lagos? grin
Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by desgiezd(m): 9:04am On Jun 01, 2018
papoudaupolos:
And Will gradually turn to danfo

Have the blue BRT buses turn to Molue?
Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by CodeTemplar: 9:04am On Jun 01, 2018
Keep bragging over mediocrity there. I pity Lagosians.
ba7man:
Go and make noise in Delta then?

21 million people dey talk, you want them to notice 4 million people??
Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by MENELIK11: 9:05am On Jun 01, 2018
adeolakemi:
are all yorubas from Lagos ain't there Yoruba's from Ogun,osun,Oyo,ekiti and ondo why always claim Lagos ?

Yorubas are from Yorubaland and Lagos is Yorubaland

2 Likes

Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by jarkbauer: 9:07am On Jun 01, 2018
Why are people so negative about this development.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pictures Of The Lagos Bus Terminal In Ikeja (Pictures, Video) / Man Boards Bus In Lagos With A Man Carrying Pistol (photos) / Pictures From Ibadan Zoological Garden

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.