Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,122 members, 7,821,847 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

The Total Sum Of Yoruba And Igbo Disagreements - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Total Sum Of Yoruba And Igbo Disagreements (1177 Views)

Electoral Disagreements Should Not Fester Beyond Polls – Fashola / Obasanjo Awarded A Sum Of N1m & “Father Of The Nation" Title (Photos, Video) / The Total Number Of Eligible Voters In The 6 Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Total Sum Of Yoruba And Igbo Disagreements by chuose2: 4:16pm On Jun 01, 2018
All truth must be told about what Yorubas did to Igbos. We are aware Obasanjo favoured Igbos with some apppointments while he was President. Is that enough to trust the Yorubas having in mind what Awolowo did?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJqO4IwAwiY
Re: The Total Sum Of Yoruba And Igbo Disagreements by Tundeobama(m): 1:39pm On Jun 12, 2018
chuose2:
All truth must be told about what Yorubas did to Igbos. We are aware Obasanjo favoured Igbos with some apppointments while he was President. Is that enough to trust the Yorubas having in mind what Awolowo did?

Eleribu generation jump to lagoon.
Re: The Total Sum Of Yoruba And Igbo Disagreements by fero007: 2:48pm On Jun 12, 2018
how can you blame what one man did on his entire tribe
Re: The Total Sum Of Yoruba And Igbo Disagreements by T9ksy(m): 2:51pm On Jun 12, 2018
chuose2:

Op, trust is a two-way street.

Do you really believe that we yorubas trust you ibos after what zik did to us in the 1st republic by choosing to be Tafawa Balewa's bagboy just so his people can dominate us in our own region?

Maybe, you guys thought we didn't notice the rationale behind Zik's decision to align with the north-the same people that have been killing his people since 1945.

Just 'cause we don't wear our emotions like you guys does not mean we are stupid, rather we recognised and appreciate the fact that you guys don't owe us anything and hence will follow where you believe your interests are best served.

That's why we refrained from calling you guy, fulani slaves.
Re: The Total Sum Of Yoruba And Igbo Disagreements by chuose2: 3:04pm On Jun 12, 2018
T9ksy:

Do you really believe that we yorubas trust you ibos after what zik did to us in the 1st republic by choosing to be Tafawa Balewa's bagboy just so his people can dominate us in our own region?

Maybe, you guys thought we didn't notice the rationale behind Zik's decision to align with the north-the same people that have been killing his people since 1945.

Just 'cause we don't wear our emotions like you guys does not mean we are stupid, rather we recognised and appreciate the fact that you guys don't owe us anything and hence will follow where you believe your interests are best served.

Go check oh, Tafawa Balewa was rigged by the UK not Zik!

I do agree that trust is a two-way street and we need to start trusting each other.
If not the Fulanis will deal with us!
Re: The Total Sum Of Yoruba And Igbo Disagreements by T9ksy(m): 3:46pm On Jun 12, 2018
chuose2:

Go check oh, Tafawa Balewa was rigged by the UK not Zik!

I do agree that trust is a two-way street and we need to start trusting each other.
If not the Fulanis will deal with us!

And where in my post did I inferred that Zik rigged TB into office? All i wrote was that zik , a whole US -trained Professor would rather aligned with a level II teacher simply for the benefit of his ibo people even as he persisted in parroting the One Nigeria slogan that even he doesn't believe in

The truth and irony of our predicament is that Fulanis have been dealing with the rest of us since 1960 and with the way things are currently going on, they are not about to stop sodomising us any moment soon..

Re: The Total Sum Of Yoruba And Igbo Disagreements by oooduancalmdown: 4:15pm On Jun 12, 2018
Ibos should leave the great Yoruba people alone
Re: The Total Sum Of Yoruba And Igbo Disagreements by chuose2: 5:34pm On Jun 12, 2018
T9ksy:

And where in my post did I inferred that Zik rigged TB into office? All i wrote was that zik , a whole US -trained Professor would rather aligned with a level II teacher simply for the benefit of his ibo people even as he persisted in parroting the One Nigeria slogan that even he doesn't believe in

The truth and irony of our predicament is that Fulanis have been dealing with the rest of us since 1960 and with the way things are currently going on, they are not about to stop sodomising us any moment soon..
Let me not lie u have spoken the truth.

Re: The Total Sum Of Yoruba And Igbo Disagreements by tunjiajayi: 5:43pm On Jun 12, 2018
You are here pointing fingers, igbos want to visit the sins of the fathers upon their sons from generation to generation. I ask you, did you and I fight in the civil war? Not sure about you cause I don't know your age, so?
Though I did not partake in it, I grew up with hate and distrust and a lot of name calling from my Igbo compatriots, while I feel sad for what might have happened during the war, I won't stand by and be continually bombarded with hate and guile for something that happened even when I was not born.

The hatred lingers because of the revenge syndrome and perennial bad blood being vitalized by politicians and tribal bigots to their own selfish end.

I can only pray and hope that someday, there would be true reconciliation and forgiveness from all sides.

This behoving guile has and will always put issues of trust in the front burner of our country's politics.

There's a feeling of the igbos bent on revenge on assumption of the country's leadership. This feeling is not being assuaged by the often pronounced sentiments of the igbos, the fear of Igbo leadership for vengeance is so real that it is not a matter of there not being worthy and noble politicians from the Igbo stock but for the fear of the influence of their constituency as igbos on policies and matters concerning the nation.

My Igbo compatriots, let's leave the past behind, improve upon our now, for a better future.

For now, I remain a Yoruba man and back to my tent I go.

God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: The Total Sum Of Yoruba And Igbo Disagreements by kingzizzy: 5:46pm On Jun 12, 2018
oooduancalmdown:
Ibos should leave the great Yoruba people alone

They did. They went their way and declared their own separate country in 1967. The same Yorubas and their caliphate masters came to the East to fight for 3 years to bring Igbos back into the fold.

1 Like

Re: The Total Sum Of Yoruba And Igbo Disagreements by Menclothing: 4:56pm On May 28, 2023
kingzizzy:

They did. They went their way and declared their own separate country in 1967. The same Yorubas and their caliphate masters came to the East to fight for 3 years to bring Igbos back into the fold.

Why cancel regional system of government out of greed
Same greed is not allowing same sec to rule

Why introduce military when Nigeria was fine

1 Like

Re: The Total Sum Of Yoruba And Igbo Disagreements by Depriest2020: 9:48pm On May 28, 2023
T9ksy:

Before you blame Zik alliance with Balewa of 1960, always refer to 1956 incidence, the famous Carpet crossing. Zik party NCNC won Eastern region and also won Awolowo's AC in Western region, while NPC won in Northern region.
While Zik was planning on how to become premier of western region, Awololo Called the elders of western region and Thier Oba's for a meeting, he told them that he is not sad because Zik defeated him, but that posterity will judge them, how will they explain to Thier children that while Igbo was governing eastern region, Hausa/Fulani was governing north but Igbo too was governing western region, after he guilt tripped them, the Oba's & the elders ask westerners in NCNC to give AC the numbers to form government, that caused the famous carpet crossing. So when 1960 happened again it was NCNC members who reminded Zik to be wary of a repeat of 1956. So don't blame Zik solely for that. I believe if you were Zik you might not want to have biz with Awo again.

(1) (Reply)

Ekweremadu Gives Update On His Whereabouts / What's Happening In Northern Politics,why The Sudden Decamping? / Video + More Pics: APC PRESIDENTIAL Rally In Kogi State 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.