Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,707 members, 7,816,907 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. - Career (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. (42237 Views)

White Collar Job And Starting My Own Business: Which Is Better? / Meet Michael Chukwuebuka Who Sells Bottled, Pure Water In Suit In Lagos (Photos) / Pure Water Seller Wearing Makeup Surprises Twitter Users (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by chidonzone(m): 9:31pm On Jun 02, 2018
My bro, go into buying and selling.that money is enough to start a biz That will yield u good return on investment. Then u can go abroad for pleasure.
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by stpat1(m): 9:35pm On Jun 02, 2018
Run to Canada o. Stop thinking about it. Just move
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by AlphaMajestic: 9:36pm On Jun 02, 2018
eezeribe:
Your case is different...
9 million is big on paper,but when it enters the battle field,logistics will come and choke it...
Manufacturing is not as easy as most people think,it involves a whole network of logistics,most people who succeed in manufacturing actually gained experience and contacts from their days in buying and selling viz wholesale,retail,distributorship, etc
If you can settle in Canada with a PROFESSIONAL JOB,it will be nice...
Otherwise I will suggest you think of another line of business,starting with buying and selling before growing into manufacturing...

Pple like u dnt av a single clue about anything in dis life...Nd yet u deceive Pple with ur emptiness.. kindly delete dis stupidness u jus posted cos so many Pple think ur experienced already
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by BabaRamota1980: 9:38pm On Jun 02, 2018
papascode:
Good day all,

I have been confused on what to do with the money I have saved. I am a contract staff in one of the banks and I have saved considerable amount of money over the years I have been working there. But I am tired of my job, as same as many of my colleagues who wish they had one quarter of the money I had saved to quit the job.

I am not a lazy man I am very hardworking as adhuged by my supervisors but the issue is I have stayed on one spot for too long and no promotion. My greatest joy is that I was able to achieve a masters degree in a federal university in nigeria while working but my job doesn't give me time to even look out for other jobs.
So please guys I am throwing this up here because I know on this thread there are people who have been in my situation before that made the better choice and are happy for it.
I have two very important decisions to make either to use the money I have saved to travel abroad for school for masters and hopfully settle down there or to stay here in Nigeria to start up a pure water production factory but Nigeria and it's uncertainties keeps discouraging me. kindly note that I have saved up to 9million naira to take up any of these ventures and I am 35 years not yet married.
Please I need honest advice to a brother there are some persons like me who will benefit from this advice we render.
Thank you

There are two broad-category issues people face in Nigeria.

1. Social Welfare
2. Economic Welfare

Not everyone suffers economic welfare but everybody suffers from lack of social welfare.

Electricity
Water
Food
Sanitation
Housing
Transportation
Healthcare
Familycare
Safety & Security
Education

The above is what determines quality of living...or the social value system. The purpose in living is to attain happiness. So while money is good, at a point it is meaningless when it cannot improve one's quality of living. Life becomes hopeless.

Power generators pollutes
Water borehole pollutes
Unhygienic food poisons body
Waste disposal is a poor service
Substandard housing and planning
Hazardous road, vehicles & driving
No emergency or first aid service
Family violence and abuse on rise
Private and public space risk life
Education is no longer rewarding

At a time like this is when the grass on the other side looks lushfully green.

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by solepager(m): 9:38pm On Jun 02, 2018
arena07:
13.5% per month or per year?

30 days
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by Shalomc(f): 9:40pm On Jun 02, 2018
shugacain:

Even in Nigeria if you are going to market without having plans of what to buy is exercise in futility
Western world is worse
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by Warpath(m): 9:43pm On Jun 02, 2018
greggng:

Thank you for coming to seek advice here. You would 've made the greatest mistake of your life if you had started that pure water business. My former landlord lived all his life abroad. Due to pressure from family, he decided to come home to stay and invest infact he ran away after spending so much on diesel for powering his pure water business. He eventually sold that portion and escape back to Europe. There is no conducive business environment here. Going to Canada is the best option. But you 've to first get to USA. And find a way to cross over to Canada from new York. My friend did that and I 've details on how he made it. However you 've to declare yourself to the authorities at the Canadian border . There after necessary documentation will be made, lawyer assigned to you and temporary stay of two years pending when your PR will be ready. During this period you will be taking care of by gov't You will 've a job and you will be doing 100 percent better than a rich man here. . That way 70percent percent of your 9million will be in a savings account just for you. The only difficult part of this trip is getting to USA from naija. I mean getting visa
Boss I need details please!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by Redman44(m): 9:58pm On Jun 02, 2018
There are a lot of opportunities in Nigeria that cannot be seen with a shallow mindset. There are so many things you can do in Nigeria. You only need to be dogged and creative to make money in Nigeria. I won't advise the op not to travel to Canada, but he should consider his age. Canada is good for immigrants who are below 25 years old. If you are 30 years and above, your body will soon wear itself out with the survival jobs you are most likely going to get ( except you are lucky and favoured to get a Professional job 5 months after landing in Canada ).

Op, think deeply smiley smiley smiley smiley and you will find solid businesses you can do in Nigeria. Stay Blessed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by DhatPeacefuldud(m): 10:03pm On Jun 02, 2018
Please don't go to Canada, there's no assurance things will be rosy after your masters..

Wat if you set up a bakery?
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by AlphaMajestic: 10:04pm On Jun 02, 2018
aonag:
too many ignorant folks here! including those that have not travelled before are shouting canada. lol

I swear baba...so ignorant...dats hw Nigeriana are...Nd they will be speaking with so much audacity..
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by Redman44(m): 10:15pm On Jun 02, 2018
I have seen people who traveled to the USA in the 90's still not having solid investments in Nigeria. I know people who have been living in the UK since the 70's who have nothing in Nigeria and are renting their homes in Britain. And I wonder: What if these people had spent some of their formative years trying out their hands in Business in Nigeria, where would they be today? Mind you, some of these people have American and British Passports cool cool cool cool cool. So they could easily have returned to base if they did not succeed with their ventures in Nigeria. However, some of them built Hotels in Nigeria and came down to manage the hotels. They made money and branched into other businesses. Success is all in a state of mind. There are so many businesses that will not fly in the UK or the USA, but will do very well in Nigeria, because the competition in Nigeria won't be much. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by shugacain: 10:18pm On Jun 02, 2018
Shalomc:

Western world is worse

More worst when you land yourself in an non English speaking countries. i suffered when i first travelled. Language barrier frustrated me
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by Fela4ese: 10:27pm On Jun 02, 2018
If you have a better means of going to Canada I advice you to go there and continue your studies and with time you wont regret it.starting a pure water business bfor yoy know union.light and all the want not will surface and by then your money is another thing.my brother Canada all the way.
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by ak22(m): 10:30pm On Jun 02, 2018
merit1988:
A contract staff saved up to 9million? Wow.......I think u should start up a another line of business and settle down.with ur master,go to Canada will be like working their with O'level

O' level that earn more than Master degree here . wise up bro. if you have a good link to work over there bro bro move kia kia .
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by Boss13: 10:33pm On Jun 02, 2018
papascode:

Bros alot of contract staff will show gratification for any contacts for a federal job. If I have one I will give in all my best to my boss and be punctual. If you have the contact assist and God will bless you. I am not keen on the abroad wahala else I would have left the country after my uni. But you see i got this job 5 days to my passing out of the NYSC because I did subsidized programmes to boost my cv like PMP NIM and was the best teacher and belonged to the MDG programme by planting 500 trees to fight climate change in my state of service back then, all these with certificates fascinated my employer. And now i have a PGD and masters respectively from the same Fed university. I meet my targets in my place of work but lately we have received warning letters to meet up a new target as the months ends your target increases. See I feel so bad about my country. I love naija because of the happy people you find around but hey we have uncreative leaders. I traveled from benin republic to Ghana for business outlook I almost cried as there was no pothhole from.Benin to Ghana. I repeat no pothhole. So if you have a federal job for me I no mind.

From your little write up, I can see that you are a focus and disciplined person. Chief, you are a 35 years old man and no longer a child. If you truly want a Federal Job, walk up to the ministry and seek an appointment. It may sound ridiculous, but that’s what you want. You need to know how to get what you want. You are qualified than the civil servants occupying the spaces in Abuja. I will give you an example - you see independent contractors loitering transcorp hotel in Abuja targeting politicians for contracts. You can do that.

Also, you might consider joining a political party and demonstrate your skills. If your party wins, you can land a job. You may also consider volunteering for a Federal Job position so you know people and see how to get in.

If you truly want a Federal Job - go for it. Don’t wish for it. It won’t come. You have to go get it. You are an adult and not a child.
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by AlphaMajestic: 10:35pm On Jun 02, 2018
Boss13:
@OP I think you made the first mistake to come here seeking advice. I have read all the comments and I’m not surprise with the comments here. I would drop some things here, but I don’t know if it would help you.

- Your N9m is relatively not much. However, if you are resilient you can convert that money to an empire.

- You already have a Masters, why go for another Masters again in Canada. If you are looking at education as a means to immigrate, please note there are other ways to immigrate to Canada apart from Education. What many people don’t tell you is the pains they go through during schooling. You don’t need to go through that stress to immigrate since you have a masters and why would an Employer employ an individual with 2 Masters. He seems confused academically or too expensive as a staff. The average highest degree in Canada is Bachelors and Canada is big on experience rather than academics. Canada is also big on soft skills than technical skills. If you want to immigrate, please note that you have to be prepared. You cannot escape Bills as it’s being done in Nigeria. Also, you cannot get rich quick or get rich at all, but you may afford the basic things of life which is treasured as Gold in Nigeria. You cannot oppress anyone abroad materially because the average Jones on the street is just like you and basically has everything you have. The only people you can impress is Nigerians in Nigeria or illegal immigrants. Nobody send you for abroad. So that Nigerian mentality of getting rich is useless.

- On the other hand, the business environs in Nigeria is tough and comes with challenges. I cannot tell you to go and do business because only you would face the challenge.

First, You need to sit down and evaluate your life. You seem dissatisfied. It’s normal. Do you want to switch job. If you get a job as a permanent staff, would you be more happy? If that’s the case, then start looking for a job. If you claim you don’t have time, then you don’t want another job.

Also, another question you should be asking yourself - why do you want to start a business? Do you have the entrepreneurial skills? Do you have the ability to be resilient when there are challenges? Are you a good sales man? Do you have people skills and can you manage people and motive them positively? Do you hate working for others? If these are your question, then start your business. If you cannot answer these questions, your N9m will go down the drain and put you under pressure.

Finally if you are considering the immigration route - why do you want to immigrate? Do you want to switch career or environment? Are you a flexible person that can adapt? Are you willingly to change your opinion? Can you integrate properly? There is no money to pick on the streets in the western world? You actually work thoroughly for every hour and on the hour? The Canada you want to run to still operates the Contract worker stuff. In fact it’s a normal practice, but as a contractor, you may earn more or less depending on your skill set, experience and the need for your skill. So you maybe running away from being a contract staff only to end up being another contract staff. It’s just a Nigerian perception crap and poor labour law that makes contract staff look like stench.

I have written more than I initially prepare to.

thank you boss..thank you so much for this

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by arena07: 10:36pm On Jun 02, 2018
Redman44:
There are a lot of opportunities in Nigeria that cannot be seen with a shallow mindset. There are so many things you can do in Nigeria. You only need to be dogged and creative to make money in Nigeria. I won't advise the op not to travel to Canada, but he should consider his age. Canada is good for immigrants who are below 25 years old. If you are 30 years and above, your body will soon wear itself out with the survival jobs you are most likely going to get ( except you are lucky and favoured to get a Professional job 5 months after landing in Canada ).

Op, think deeply smiley smiley smiley smiley and you will find solid businesses you can do in Nigeria. Stay Blessed.
from your point of view it is not advisable for anyone above 30 to travel out of country even if the opportunity arise?
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by Warpath(m): 10:44pm On Jun 02, 2018
Lewist:
If Canada dey sure for you my broda what are you waiting for and if you like to come USA just hala at me

bro I really want someone to put me through on the USA visa and schooling....I'm tired of Naija ooo!
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by uberguy(m): 10:56pm On Jun 02, 2018
You can't go wrong by settling in canada either through education graduate visa or PR programme. Business is good, but not predictable because of some many inadequacies inasmuch as the market may appear attractive. With good focus, over the years you can start a company in naija and a life in canada will help bear the shocks till you can manage boths ends. Canada route is the better choice. Most of all, let God guide in whatever decision you take, and so as not to be deceived by the evil men.
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by papascode: 11:14pm On Jun 02, 2018
Boss13:

From your little write up, I can see that you are a focus and disciplined person. Chief, you are a 35 years old man and no longer a child. If you truly want a Federal Job, walk up to the ministry and seek an appointment. It may sound ridiculous, but that’s what you want. You need to know how to get what you want. You are qualified than the civil servants occupying the spaces in Abuja. I will give you an example - you see independent contractors loitering transcorp hotel in Abuja targeting politicians for contracts. You can do that.

Also, you might consider joining a political party and demonstrate your skills. If your party wins, you can land a job. You may also consider volunteering for a Federal Job position so you know people and see how to get in.

If you truly want a Federal Job - go for it. Don’t wish for it. It won’t come. You have to go get it. You are an adult and not a child.

And as a banker you think I don't know politicians? Lol...
Do you know how many of them have my CV? The jobs are scare they are scared of giving such chances and reserve for their families. You won't blame them because their families and community will cause them for helping employing. Don't ask me of my representatives they keep saying economy is bad. So I have to make up for my self. Yes I am disciplned and focused.
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by adejaresalami1(m): 11:19pm On Jun 02, 2018
Go into importation of spare parts and thank me later.
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by Ezypretty: 11:22pm On Jun 02, 2018
Canada all the way
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by Olii(f): 11:23pm On Jun 02, 2018
Come partner with me in agriculture (palm oil business) u won't regret it
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by greypencils: 12:32am On Jun 03, 2018
If I were in your shoes, I would trade forex...whatever business you plan on doing, know that business very very well. If you are to travel out, make sure your accomodation is settled before you do. Good luck.
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by Enity: 1:06am On Jun 03, 2018
I saw this thread I feel the op is very sincere and thus need sincere responses. I worked in the banking industry in Nigeria for about 12 years before moving to canada a few years back. All I can say to you is that the environment here is very good and you could even get into the banking industry so easily here. I got the banking job here with good pay. So my advise is that given the uncertainties of the working environment in Naija, if you come to Canada you will never regret it. Forget about those talking thrash about those doing odds jobs in Canny, a lot of Nigerians are doing great here. Having said that, the journey to canada should you decides to come this route will take a while to concludes, in the meantime continue to work at the bank also study the business environment a bit more before fully deciding. I know most bankers are very bad at managing thi personal business because they are so used to salary.
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by AroOkigbo(m): 1:11am On Jun 03, 2018
Appliedmaths:
Mr OP, your 9million divided into 4 quarters of FG treasury bills with a min if 10% interest rate would fetch you about 900k * 4 yearly while you keep strolling to your contract job knowing you're functioning on full cylinders.

What you're feeling now is all in your head, don't squander that 9mill only to regret tomorrow oooo. For someone like me that loves risk, I'll multiply that 9mill by 3 given 1 year tops.

Study the pure water biz intoto but I believe there are more lucrative venture to multiply that cash.

Bros, check your calculations again.
That #900k is per year not per quarter grin
A quarter will be #225k
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by webbman90: 3:08am On Jun 03, 2018
Chief,

I had a very similar case like you do now. I choose to relocate. NO REGRETS. If you relocate with the plans of going to school as you said, YOU WOULD BE FINE. Trust me.

I went back to school and immediately after i landed a job for above 80k in Saskatchewan.

Think wisely. If you are not a business person, you are not. Live better here health care, quality of life, if you had a family even better. Plus you open the doors for others in your family eventually.

A word is enough for the wise...

papascode:
Good day all,

I have been confused on what to do with the money I have saved. I am a contract staff in one of the banks and I have saved considerable amount of money over the years I have been working there. But I am tired of my job, as same as many of my colleagues who wish they had one quarter of the money I had saved to quit the job.

I am not a lazy man I am very hardworking as adhuged by my supervisors but the issue is I have stayed on one spot for too long and no promotion. My greatest joy is that I was able to achieve a masters degree in a federal university in nigeria while working but my job doesn't give me time to even look out for other jobs.
So please guys I am throwing this up here because I know on this thread there are people who have been in my situation before that made the better choice and are happy for it.
I have two very important decisions to make either to use the money I have saved to travel abroad for school for masters and hopfully settle down there or to stay here in Nigeria to start up a pure water production factory but Nigeria and it's uncertainties keeps discouraging me. kindly note that I have saved up to 9million naira to take up any of these ventures and I am 35 years not yet married.
Please I need honest advice to a brother there are some persons like me who will benefit from this advice we render.
Thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:36am On Jun 03, 2018
Don't live your life on probability and hope,try to be realistic.In the first place pure water business is an investment,which simply means your money is still intact but earning you more profit. 9 million naira is a lot some of money in starting a sachting aspect ,if you get the right billing done your water factory will full start with 5millio apart from structure and vehicles.
Like I said earlier on "it is a business and you have to treat it like one"Employ competent hands/Engineers" .And don't fail in your marketing.Its actually a busy life.
You can DM me for a comprehensive proposal
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by Partnerbiz(f): 8:02am On Jun 03, 2018
grossintel:
OP don't try this, you will lose your money. Talking to you out of an experience, except you will drive the Keke your self. Don't try this at home.

Chief, could you share your experience so we can learn please?
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by engrrichie92(m): 8:08am On Jun 03, 2018
papascode:
Good day all,

Thank you

Please inspire me
How many years to gather such a sum from savings?
Re: Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. by Partnerbiz(f): 8:37am On Jun 03, 2018
alausaone:
Good evening poster, My best advice for you, doing a master abroad not a problem, what people don't know it's easy to plan and have a good life in Nigeria if you have money than planing of moving abroad, because getting admission paying your schools fees flights accommodations and etc your 9m or whatever you get is gone, you talk about settling down meaning finding someone and raise your family, well it takes the grace of God because moving to Canada most women will believe that you just wanna use them to get the Canadian blue passport, From my experience, this is what I will advice you to do, before you quit your job use the opportunity to build yourself international connections, first apply for a U.K. Visa on your passport, you might use it or not , but the fact that you are working with a recognized organization U.K. Will give you visa, so use the avenue to secure your Visa, while you are working try as much as u can to have a company register with cooperate affairs commission , the business certificate will help you in future when you want to renew your visa,or apply for new one, while u are doing this continue to make research about the business you wanna do, apart from pure water business there are a lot of people I know you can do which in a month unare sure of millions profit with less risk , in conclusion I will advice you to invest your money in Nigeria monitor your business yourself, and with the U.K. Travel history Canada will will give u visa, so when you have Canada visa u can there on a visit if you meet any woman you like established friendship and come back to Nigeria and continue doing your things, I think I will drop here

And what type of business do you think will make him millions with less risk?

We are learning pls

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

What Is The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman With Kids? / 200 Thousand Minimum Wage Breakdown By Chatgpt / 10 Years After Graduation: What Are Your Experiences In The Labour Market?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.