Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,109 members, 7,835,738 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

President Buhari's Achievements On Economy, Security, Fight Against Corruption - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari's Achievements On Economy, Security, Fight Against Corruption (934 Views)

Abdulsalami: Tinubu’s Govt Inherited Difficult Economy, Security Challenges / FG Prioritises Economy, Security As Ministers Take Oath Today - Punch / 2019: Presidency Accepts Atiku's Challenge, Releases Buhari's Achievements (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Buhari's Achievements On Economy, Security, Fight Against Corruption by Timibabaj(m): 10:53am On Jun 03, 2018
The next general election is in 8 months time - February 2019. As expected, a good number of Nigerians like myself are concerned about the performance of the current administration headed by President Muhammadu Buhari.

It is safe to say that we have experienced 'changes' under this administration as they promised - both positive and negative. But, to be honest, we haven't seen much positives yet.

However, you can't deny the fact that the previous administration of Goodluck Jonathan set the pace for some of the unpleasant experiences Nigeria has had in the last 3 years. The level of impunity it condoned was enough to wreck the economy of any nation in the world.

The reason for this post is not to give Buhari a pass mark (I am a strong critic of his administration by the way). But as someone who is an avid follower of Nigerian politics, and someone who has a strong interest in the advancement of this nation regardless of whoever is in power, I won't fail to appreciate The good deeds when I see them.

President Buhari inherited an economy which was literally on 'life support'. Yes, he made a few mistakes which hurt the economy further; one of which was the late appointment of ministers. But, within these 3 years, he has been able to stabilize an ailing economy with the little resources he was left with.

On the 1st of June 2018, Vanguard newspapers released a fact sheet outlining the policy and programme achievements of the Buhari Administration since it assumed office three years ago. This fact sheet highlights the successes in the economy, security, and the fight against corruption.

Below is a breakdown of the achievements of Buhari's administration so far in just 3 years.

- Nigeria’s economy is back on the path of growth, after the recession of 2016-17 (1.95 percent growth in Q1 2018).

- The Buhari Administration’s priority Sectors of Agriculture and Solid Minerals maintained consistent growth throughout the recession.

- Inflation has fallen for the fifteenth (15th) consecutive month, from 18.7 percent in January 2017 to 12.5 percent as of April 2018.

- External Reserves of US$47.5 billion are the highest in 5 years and double the size as of October 2016.

- Total exports in 2017 were 59.47% higher than for 2016.

- The 1st quarter of 2018 saw the 4th consecutive quarterly increase in capital importation since Q2 2017. The total value of capital imported in the quarter stood at US$6.3 billion, which is a year-on-year increase of 594.03%, and a 17.11% growth over the figure in the previous quarter.

- The new FX Window introduced by the CBN in April 2017, now sees an average of US$1 billion in weekly turn-over and has attracted about US$25 billion in inflows in its first year (and a total turnover of $47.14 billion) – signaling rising investor confidence in Nigeria.

- Nigeria’s Stock Market ended 2017 as one of the best-performing in the world, with returns in excess of 40 percent.

- Five (5) million new taxpayers added to the Tax Base since 2016, as part of efforts to diversify Government revenues.

- Tax Revenue increased to N1.17 Trillion in Q1 2018, a 51% increase on the Q1 2017 figure.

- N2.7 Trillion spent on Infrastructure in 2016 and 2017 fiscal years, an unprecedented allocation in Nigeria’s recent history.

- Fourteen (14) moribund Blending Plants revitalized so far under the Presidential Fertilizer Initiative (PFI); with a total capacity of 2.3 million MT of NPK fertilizer.

- In May 2018, the Federal Government launched the Presidential Infrastructure Development Fund (PIDF), under the management of the Nigerian Sovereign Investment Authority. The PIDF is kicking off with seed funding of US$1.3 billion.

- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA) in March 2018 invested US$10m to establish a world-class Cancer Treatment Centre at the Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH), and US$5m each in the Aminu Kano University Teaching Hospital and the Federal Medical Centre, Umuahia, to establish modern Diagnostic Centres. These Centres should be completed before the end of 2018.

- The Buhari Administration issued N100 billion Sukuk Bond in 2017, Nigeria’s first sovereign Sukuk Bond. Proceeds from that Bond are funding 25 major road projects across the six geopolitical zones of Nigeria.

- Nigeria’s economy is back on the path of growth, after the recession of 2016-17 (1.95 percent growth in Q1 2018).

- The Buhari Administration’s priority Sectors of Agriculture and Solid Minerals maintained consistent growth throughout the recession.

When you look at these achievements critically, you will understand that a foundation has been set for a better Nigeria.

At this point in time, what Nigeria needs is consistency.

President Buhari may not be the best ever president we have had in our history but for the fact that he has been able to significantly turn around our economy for good in just 3 years, as his worst critic, I have no choice but to give him his due accolades.

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari's Achievements On Economy, Security, Fight Against Corruption by savio93(m): 10:57am On Jun 03, 2018
K. I didn't read it sha

1 Like

Re: President Buhari's Achievements On Economy, Security, Fight Against Corruption by Babayero212(m): 11:02am On Jun 03, 2018
I have to admit that this post has given me an insight into what has been going on. Nigeria is still pretty much a work in progress and I believe that we will gradually get there. Surely.

I also believe that if Buhari had not inherited a rotten economy, the nation's growth would have been way faster than it is right now.

Nevertheless, from your post, it appears that we are on the right track already. All we need to do as citizens of this country is to have patience and trust the journey.

Thank you so much for educating us on Buhari's achievements. More people need to see this.

Timibabaj:
The next general election is in 8 months time - February 2019. As expected, a good number of Nigerians like myself are concerned about the performance of the current administration headed by President Muhammadu Buhari.

It is safe to say that we have experienced 'changes' under this administration as they promised - both positive and negative. But, to be honest, we haven't seen much positives yet.

However, you can't deny the fact that the previous administration of Goodluck Jonathan set the pace for some of the unpleasant experiences Nigeria has had in the last 3 years. The level of impunity it condoned was enough to wreck the economy of any nation in the world.

The reason for this post is not to give Buhari a pass mark (I am a strong critic of his administration by the way). But as someone who is an avid follower of Nigerian politics, and someone who has a strong interest in the advancement of this nation regardless of whoever is in power, I won't fail to appreciate The good deeds when I see them.

President Buhari inherited an economy which was literally on 'life support'. Yes, he made a few mistakes which hurt the economy further; one of which was the late appointment of ministers. But, within these 3 years, he has been able to stabilize an ailing economy with the little resources he was left with.

On the 1st of June 2018, Vanguard newspapers released a fact sheet outlining the policy and programme achievements of the Buhari Administration since it assumed office three years ago. This fact sheet highlights the successes in the economy, security, and the fight against corruption.

Below is a breakdown of the achievements of Buhari's administration so far in just 3 years.

- Inflation has fallen for the fifteenth (15th) consecutive month, from 18.7 percent in January 2017 to 12.5 percent as of April 2018.

- External Reserves of US$47.5 billion are the highest in 5 years and double the size as of October 2016.

- The 1st quarter of 2018 saw the 4th consecutive quarterly increase in capital importation since Q2 2017. The total value of capital imported in the quarter stood at US$6.3 billion, which is a year-on-year increase of 594.03%, and a 17.11% growth over the figure in the previous quarter.

- The new FX Window introduced by the CBN in April 2017, now sees an average of US$1 billion in weekly turn-over and has attracted about US$25 billion in inflows in its first year (and a total turnover of $47.14 billion) – signaling rising investor confidence in Nigeria.

- Nigeria’s Stock Market ended 2017 as one of the best-performing in the world, with returns in excess of 40 percent.

- Five (5) million new taxpayers added to the Tax Base since 2016, as part of efforts to diversify Government revenues.

- Tax Revenue increased to N1.17 Trillion in Q1 2018, a 51% increase on the Q1 2017 figure.

- N2.7 Trillion spent on Infrastructure in 2016 and 2017 fiscal years, an unprecedented allocation in Nigeria’s recent history.

- Fourteen (14) moribund Blending Plants revitalized so far under the Presidential Fertilizer Initiative (PFI); with a total capacity of 2.3 million MT of NPK fertilizer.

- In May 2018, the Federal Government launched the Presidential Infrastructure Development Fund (PIDF), under the management of the Nigerian Sovereign Investment Authority. The PIDF is kicking off with seed funding of US$1.3 billion.

- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA) in March 2018 invested US$10m to establish a world-class Cancer Treatment Centre at the Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH), and US$5m each in the Aminu Kano University Teaching Hospital and the Federal Medical Centre, Umuahia, to establish modern Diagnostic Centres. These Centres should be completed before the end of 2018.

- The Buhari Administration issued N100 billion Sukuk Bond in 2017, Nigeria’s first sovereign Sukuk Bond. Proceeds from that Bond are funding 25 major road projects across the six geopolitical zones of Nigeria.

When you look at these achievements critically, you will understand that a foundation has been set for a better Nigeria.

President Buhari may not be the best ever president we have had in our history but for the fact that he has been able to significantly turn around our economy for good in just 3 years, as his worst critic, I have no choice but to give him his due accolades.

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari's Achievements On Economy, Security, Fight Against Corruption by Okonsyourguy(m): 11:10am On Jun 03, 2018
I'm not a fan of long posts on Nairaland but I had to read this through.

I see people deliberating on whom to vote for in the next election but I strongly think we should stop running around in a circle and allow Buhari to continue with his reforms.

He has obviously been doing a lot of background work in stabilizing our economy. If allowed to continue, I believe we will eventually experience the Nigeria we have always wanted.

Timibabaj:

1 Like

Re: President Buhari's Achievements On Economy, Security, Fight Against Corruption by Anigreat: 11:16am On Jun 03, 2018
shocked

Op you think that we are fools?

Creating numerous Naiaraland account, to comment on the thread you create.

Please guys check the date those poster above and below registered , then tell me who is fooling who.

All what idiotic zombies can do is to create numerous account in nairaland to defend their failed idiotic president.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Buhari's Achievements On Economy, Security, Fight Against Corruption by Jakinola01(m): 11:16am On Jun 03, 2018
Well, I have been saying this to people around me. With the way the last administration of Goodluck Jonathan messed up this country, I am surprised that we are even still in existence.

Buhari has done quite well with so little resources and we have to commend him.

Nice post man.

Timibabaj:

Re: President Buhari's Achievements On Economy, Security, Fight Against Corruption by Atiku4presido: 12:03pm On Jun 03, 2018
Timibabaj stop fooling yourself ok!! How much were you paid to support this failure?? Suffering wen dey this country na video oo not audio!! So no amount of trash wen you go write to stop Buhari from going home #back to His Cows

1 Like

Re: President Buhari's Achievements On Economy, Security, Fight Against Corruption by omowolewa: 12:07pm On Jun 03, 2018
Measure Prosperity Index
Re: President Buhari's Achievements On Economy, Security, Fight Against Corruption by TANKDESTROYER(m): 1:02pm On Jun 03, 2018
This is sad... how low can some folks go....

1 Like

Re: President Buhari's Achievements On Economy, Security, Fight Against Corruption by BushidoBlue(m): 6:56pm On Jun 03, 2018
Timibabaj:

My joy is that the four years of allowing APC run Nigeria is almost at an end and Nigerians can confirm if
1) Nigeria is indeed in a better state than before APC took over
2) Corruption has been fought and in what capacity
3) The quality of life of the average Nigerian has improved.

#getyourPVC !!!!

1 Like

Re: President Buhari's Achievements On Economy, Security, Fight Against Corruption by IamJames: 7:01pm On Jun 03, 2018
BMCs

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari's Achievements On Economy, Security, Fight Against Corruption by obonujoker(m): 7:39pm On Jun 03, 2018
May 28th 2018...... grin

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari's Achievements On Economy, Security, Fight Against Corruption by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jun 03, 2018
corruption can not fight itself grin
Re: President Buhari's Achievements On Economy, Security, Fight Against Corruption by obonujoker(m): 7:41pm On Jun 03, 2018
Jakinola01:
Well, I have been saying this to people around me. With the way the last administration of Goodluck Jonathan messed up this country, I am surprised that we are even still in existence.

Buhari has done quite well with so little resources and we have to commend him.

Nice post man.

May 28th 2018 too.... grin

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari's Achievements On Economy, Security, Fight Against Corruption by obonujoker(m): 7:42pm On Jun 03, 2018
Okonsyourguy:
I'm not a fan of long posts on Nairaland but I had to read this through.

I see people deliberating on whom to vote for in the next election but I strongly think we should stop running around in a circle and allow Buhari to continue with his reforms.

He has obviously been doing a lot of background work in stabilizing our economy. If allowed to continue, I believe we will eventually experience the Nigeria we have always wanted.

May 28th 2018....

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari's Achievements On Economy, Security, Fight Against Corruption by osazeeblue01: 8:14pm On Jun 03, 2018
Total rubbish

1 Like

Re: President Buhari's Achievements On Economy, Security, Fight Against Corruption by obiZEAL(m): 9:59pm On Jun 03, 2018
Lol...Association of May 28, 2018 BMC

1 Like

Re: President Buhari's Achievements On Economy, Security, Fight Against Corruption by Jesusloveyou: 10:00pm On Jun 03, 2018
OK

1 Like

Re: President Buhari's Achievements On Economy, Security, Fight Against Corruption by thinksense: 10:09pm On Jun 03, 2018
That's good sign. Carry on PMB
Re: President Buhari's Achievements On Economy, Security, Fight Against Corruption by Ajascolove(m): 11:59pm On Jun 03, 2018
Keep blaming GEJ till the end of Buhari tenure.
Go to the market and tell us the price of food items. How much is a litre of kerosene now? Yeye government!
Re: President Buhari's Achievements On Economy, Security, Fight Against Corruption by fergie001: 1:16am On Jun 04, 2018
Hahahahaha,

Op,May 28
The 1st 4 or 5 commenters,
May 28,
OfficialRasheed get in here....

1 Like

Re: President Buhari's Achievements On Economy, Security, Fight Against Corruption by AroleOduduwa(m): 2:21am On Jun 04, 2018
Can we stop celebrating mediocrity all in the name of playing politics, we are moving backwards and some set of people are singing praises because of political allegiances. Having said all these, we need people with fresh ideas, people with morals not some old generals/ recycled politicians

1 Like

Re: President Buhari's Achievements On Economy, Security, Fight Against Corruption by richeso: 2:35am On Jun 04, 2018
Timibabaj:

can you please include some reference links to this claims ?
Re: President Buhari's Achievements On Economy, Security, Fight Against Corruption by richeso: 2:38am On Jun 04, 2018
fergie001:
Hahahahaha,

Op,May 28
The 1st 4 or 5 commenters,
May 28,
OfficialRasheed get in here....

na true oo.. this idiots no get shame at all.. painfully the admin supports this shit. makes him unclean. seun, with your traffic and advert charges etc u don rich already. comot hand for shit politics bro. no spoil this nice forum with this acts.
don't forget .. one day one day all this apc , pdp shit will end and NL might lost its quality because of all this shit you are allowing/supporting.
Re: President Buhari's Achievements On Economy, Security, Fight Against Corruption by Metuh: 6:02am On Jun 04, 2018
This op is a real clown. grin

He created a thread filled with lies and started replying himself with fake monikers
Re: President Buhari's Achievements On Economy, Security, Fight Against Corruption by fergie001: 6:06am On Jun 04, 2018
richeso:

na true oo.. this idiots no get shame at all.. painfully the admin supports this shit. makes him unclean. seun, with your traffic and advert charges etc u don rich already. comot hand for shit politics bro. no spoil this nice forum with this acts.
don't forget .. one day one day all this apc , pdp shit will end and NL might lost its quality because of all this shit you are allowing/supporting.
Absolutely,no shame...
Re: President Buhari's Achievements On Economy, Security, Fight Against Corruption by udemzyudex(m): 7:26am On Jun 04, 2018
Anigreat:
shocked

Op you think that we are fools?

Creating numerous Naiaraland account, to comment on the thread you create.

Please guys check the date those poster above and below registered , then tell me who is fooling who.

All what idiotic zombies can do is to create numerous account in nairaland to defend their failed idiotic president.

Lol May 28, all of them praising this government. They thought using different location will do the job not knowing that some people are wiser.

(1) (Reply)

2019: Senate Finally Decides On Bill Seeking Re-order Of General Elections / 2018 APC National Convention Ground {photos} / Saraki Lovely Looks On Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.