Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,383 members, 7,861,056 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:28 PM

Edo Set To Seal $500m Vehicle Assembly Plant, As Obaseki Pledges More Incentives - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Set To Seal $500m Vehicle Assembly Plant, As Obaseki Pledges More Incentives (10781 Views)

FG Pledges More Dollar Supply To Stabilise Naira / Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Spending Plan: $1.25bn For Abuja Rail, $500m For NTA / FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo Set To Seal $500m Vehicle Assembly Plant, As Obaseki Pledges More Incentives by harrwix(m): 10:32am On Jun 04, 2018
whenever I see the development in Edo, it makes me weep for my Delta state..... where did we really go wrong

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo Set To Seal $500m Vehicle Assembly Plant, As Obaseki Pledges More Incentives by evansjeff(m): 10:32am On Jun 04, 2018
This man is determined
Re: Edo Set To Seal $500m Vehicle Assembly Plant, As Obaseki Pledges More Incentives by kenny714433(m): 10:33am On Jun 04, 2018
At least good news this time around.

grin grin
Re: Edo Set To Seal $500m Vehicle Assembly Plant, As Obaseki Pledges More Incentives by Bluffly: 10:41am On Jun 04, 2018
We only have certificate science students in this country. None of them can model a factory and put it up for production, none of them. Our Science and Tech Ministry is even making matters worst as they simply do nothing but earn daily bread from the government. No idea, no strive towards original Nigerian Technology that can compete with the world just like the likes of China, Germany, Japan, Canada, Isreal ar all unique to their creativities.

Waiting for when a black man will start doing things on is on but we must start with love and trust as this is greatly lacking in our daily lives.
Re: Edo Set To Seal $500m Vehicle Assembly Plant, As Obaseki Pledges More Incentives by anthony533(m): 10:42am On Jun 04, 2018
livestreamlink1:
this gov is so against the masses embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

bet9ja is our only hope

check out this 99% sure banker odd for today BET9JA games in the link below

click here

dont miss out on this sure winning tips

"SAY NO TO HAD I KNOWN oh"
Bet9ja is your future generation's hope.

mumu

2 Likes

Re: Edo Set To Seal $500m Vehicle Assembly Plant, As Obaseki Pledges More Incentives by FA13(m): 10:42am On Jun 04, 2018
Nigeria!

Just look at the condition of the workers there.
No PPEs and they gave to Governor when he was there,just to tell you they knew what to do.

These Chinese (or whoever they be) have finished them and it is of no concern to the Governor.

Who will help us in this country?
Re: Edo Set To Seal $500m Vehicle Assembly Plant, As Obaseki Pledges More Incentives by Realhommie(m): 10:57am On Jun 04, 2018
harrwix:
whenever I see the development in Edo, it makes me weep for my Delta state..... where did we really go wrong
Cursed leaders and very gullible/foolish followers cum worshipers of the accursed.
Re: Edo Set To Seal $500m Vehicle Assembly Plant, As Obaseki Pledges More Incentives by mcquin(m): 10:58am On Jun 04, 2018
Obaseki is easily amongst the top 5 governors in Nigeria today. I say so with no apology. He is a testament to the fact that non-career politicians is the way forward for Nigeria now.
I reside in Benin and can't tell all Obaseki's administration has done in one sitting, from road infrastructure, to traffic development, to wealth creation and employment, power infrastructure( even though BEDC dey mess up)etc.
Prior to his election, I never believed in him and I still think Ize-Iyamu won that election as he was more popular than Obaseki, but today the narrative is different, one can't put Ize-Iyamu and "the wake and see governor Obaseki" in same sentence.
I used to think also that Oshiomole is Edo's best till I experienced Obaseki.

2 Likes

Re: Edo Set To Seal $500m Vehicle Assembly Plant, As Obaseki Pledges More Incentives by wink2015(m): 11:04am On Jun 04, 2018
Kudos to governor Obaseki of Edo state for this laudable initiative as a lot of jobs will be created in Edo state.

To Governor Okowa of Delta state! You are investing too much on road! I saw you in the media inviting Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu commissioning road project in Delta North.

Can't you start creating industries and bring foreign companies to operate in Delta state like your counterpart in Edo state.

Ex-governor James Ibori was on road construction.

Dr. Emmanuel Uduaghan was on road construction

And now you, Senator ( Dr. ) Okowa is now on road construction.

Warri, Sapele, Ughelli, Abraka, Asaba, Ogwashiokwu, Agbor etc need industries.

The past Pdp government has always been road project can n't they move to other areas that can create jobs.

Delta state should learn from Edo state where the past Edo state government of Governor Adams Oshiomole invested in road construction.

But when governor Obaseki took over, Obaseki is investing in industries and job creation.

Governor Obaseki has gone to China to bring in chinese investors to develop the Gelegele sea ports and also now the auto mobile assembly plant that is pictured in this thread is another added innovation.

Delta state should take a cue from Edo state to industrialize the state.

The Warri sea port that the Buhari administration is intending to dredge with the Calabar sea port will help the Niger delta region to resusitate the dying economy.

GOVERNOR IFEANYI OKOWA STOP PUSHING GRADUATE TO DRIVE KEKE FOR A LIVING.

Graduate in Delta state need industries to employ them. Start an innovative ventures like governor Ambode of Lagos state and create jobs for Deltans.

Enough of Keke riding.

Delta state can not even boast of a keke assembly plant. Is that good?

I am not saying that road project should not be constructed. But the problem here in Delta state is that too much emphasis is being given to road projects in Delta state to the extent that NOTHING IS WORKING.

NO INDUSTRIES FOR THE MILLIONS OF GRADUATES PASSING OUT OF NYSC TO ENGAGE THEM.

Re: Edo Set To Seal $500m Vehicle Assembly Plant, As Obaseki Pledges More Incentives by tonididdy(m): 11:06am On Jun 04, 2018
I feel privileged to be from edo state the past 9years has been haven in the state , God blessed us with active governors from oshiomole and now Obaseki.
The pace is not even slow, I am really impressed and wish the rest of Nigeria hardworking governors like edo state has been enjoying.
Not a single grumble from the Edo people or party opposition PDP, everyone is just happy with the states development.
Thank you Edo governor and it's people. Thank you Adams Oshiomole for a perfect replacement.
The best part was when I returned my state and my street was tarred OMG I wash my car now once a week .
proudly Edo
Re: Edo Set To Seal $500m Vehicle Assembly Plant, As Obaseki Pledges More Incentives by stkevin(m): 11:08am On Jun 04, 2018
Dear nairalanders, just here to reveal the marginalization Nigerians are facing in the so called times ceramics company, rongsheng group(glass company), rongtai aluminum all own by the Chinese man shaking hands with the governor..i was privileged to work there February and March 2018.
The pay for the factory workers is mere 25-35k after all the hard labour, no job security( sack the Nigerian workers anyhow without any offense), no health insurance I.e workers gets injured by the machines and all the management does is to sack the workers without any pay package and replace them because Nigerians are always ready to take any mania job regardless of the state of job security. The Nigerian workers are living in modern day slavery in the hands of these Chinese people due to our corrupt environmental officers who take bribes by giving false reports during their visits for inspection.
The government should intervene and redress this lingering issue of modern day slavery and oppression practiced by this Chinese companies in our very country.
Do not publish my name and details, I only want the public out there to know the extent of the evil perpetuated by these Chinese
Anonymous

2 Likes

Re: Edo Set To Seal $500m Vehicle Assembly Plant, As Obaseki Pledges More Incentives by osazeeblue01: 11:09am On Jun 04, 2018
Really?
Re: Edo Set To Seal $500m Vehicle Assembly Plant, As Obaseki Pledges More Incentives by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 11:11am On Jun 04, 2018
NwaNimo1:
The chinko woman looks like a gangster....... who has come to rob Edo.

You are not far from point.

What many people do not know is that many Chinese doing business abroad are agents of the government and active members of the PLA. She may be a military officer
Re: Edo Set To Seal $500m Vehicle Assembly Plant, As Obaseki Pledges More Incentives by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 11:13am On Jun 04, 2018
tonididdy:
I feel privileged to be from edo state the past 9years has been haven in the state , God blessed us with active governors from oshiomole and now Obaseki.
The pace is not even slow, I am really impressed and wish the rest of Nigeria hardworking governors like edo state has been enjoying.
Not a single grumble from the Edo people or party opposition PDP, everyone is just happy with the states development.
Thank you Edo governor and it's people. Thank you Adams Oshiomole for a perfect replacement.
The best part was when I returned my state and my street was tarred OMG I wash my car now once a week .
proudly Edo

Ass licking at its best. Go on...

2 Likes

Re: Edo Set To Seal $500m Vehicle Assembly Plant, As Obaseki Pledges More Incentives by JuanDeDios: 11:27am On Jun 04, 2018
NwaNimo1:
"Chinko" is a racist word. Do mend your ways. Say no to racism.

2 Likes

Re: Edo Set To Seal $500m Vehicle Assembly Plant, As Obaseki Pledges More Incentives by JuanDeDios: 11:34am On Jun 04, 2018
harrwix:
Delta is light years ahead of Edo in most of the basics. All you need is a good governor to use his brains and assemble a good team. Uduaghan was a total disaster but it seems Okowa is managing to defeat him. Think 2019.
Re: Edo Set To Seal $500m Vehicle Assembly Plant, As Obaseki Pledges More Incentives by JuanDeDios: 11:38am On Jun 04, 2018
Bluffly:
We only have certificate science students in this country. None of them can model a factory and put it up for production, none of them. Our Science and Tech Ministry is even making matters worst as they simply do nothing but earn daily bread from the government. No idea, no strive towards original Nigerian Technology that can compete with the world just like the likes of China, Germany, Japan, Canada, Isreal ar all unique to their creativities.

Waiting for when a black man will start doing things on is on but we must start with love and trust as this is greatly lacking in our daily lives.
Science and teach is not really the problem. If you're a tech genius you can only make one-off toys like those kids we see on Nairaland if you don't have the financial backing. Factories cost billions. What you need is a functional credit system. And you can't have that in a society where people don't trust each other and the courts are not reliable for speedy justice delivery. It's a mixture of many odours.

2 Likes

Re: Edo Set To Seal $500m Vehicle Assembly Plant, As Obaseki Pledges More Incentives by Nobody: 11:38am On Jun 04, 2018
wink2015:
Kudos to governor Obaseki of Edo state for this laudable initiative as a lot of jobs will be created in Edo state.

To Governor Okowa of Delta state! You are investing too much on road! I saw you in the media inviting Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu commissioning road project in Delta North.

Can't you start creating industries and bring foreign companies to operate in Delta state like your counterpart in Edo state.

Ex-governor James Ibori was on road construction.

Dr. Emmanuel Uduaghan was on road construction

And now you, Senator ( Dr. ) Okowa is now on road construction.

Warri, Sapele, Ughelli, Abraka, Asaba, Ogwashiokwu, Agbor etc need industries.

The past Pdp government has always been road project can n't they move to other areas that can create jobs.

Delta state should learn from Edo state where the past Edo state government of Governor Adams Oshiomole invested in road construction.

But when governor Obaseki took over, Obaseki is investing in industries and job creation.

Governor Obaseki has gone to China to bring in chinese investors to develop the Gelegele sea ports and also now the auto mobile assembly plant that is pictured in this thread is another added innovation.

Delta state should take a cue from Edo state to industrialize the state.

The Warri sea port that the Buhari administration is intending to dredge with the Calabar sea port will help the Niger delta region to resusitate the dying economy.

GOVERNOR IFEANYI OKOWA STOP PUSHING GRADUATE TO DRIVE KEKE FOR A LIVING.

Graduate in Delta state need industries to employ them. Start an innovative ventures like governor Ambode of Lagos state and create jobs for Deltans.

Enough of Keke riding.

Delta state can not even boast of a keke assembly plant. Is that good?

I am not saying that road project should not be constructed. But the problem here in Delta state is that too much emphasis is being given to road projects in Delta state to the extent that NOTHING IS WORKING.

NO INDUSTRIES FOR THE MILLIONS OF GRADUATES PASSING OUT OF NYSC TO ENGAGE THEM.

The painful thing is that they don't ever complete the road

1 Like

Re: Edo Set To Seal $500m Vehicle Assembly Plant, As Obaseki Pledges More Incentives by DUMCHRIS(m): 11:39am On Jun 04, 2018
harrwix:

i am telling you. seems PDP is becoming a bad market for Delta state. but one thing ruining Delta state is tribalism. no Urhobo man will want to deelop Asaba as a starting point. Despite Oshiomole not a bini man he develoed Benin city the capital. can same be said of Itsekiri, Urhobo and the rest of them? over reliance on oil mtweew no notable jobs in the civil service in Delta state.
Re: Edo Set To Seal $500m Vehicle Assembly Plant, As Obaseki Pledges More Incentives by JuanDeDios: 11:40am On Jun 04, 2018
FA13:
Nigeria!

Just look at the condition of the workers there.
No PPEs and they gave to Governor when he was there,just to tell you they knew what to do.

These Chinese (or whoever they be) have finished them and it is of no concern to the Governor.

Who will help us in this country?
Same thing I was thinking. The governor should work on putting strong labour laws in place as he is chasing these investments. We can't progress at the expense of workers.
Re: Edo Set To Seal $500m Vehicle Assembly Plant, As Obaseki Pledges More Incentives by Rubyventures: 12:00pm On Jun 04, 2018
harrwix:

Delta State with all their oil used to be more developed , what happened?
Re: Edo Set To Seal $500m Vehicle Assembly Plant, As Obaseki Pledges More Incentives by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jun 04, 2018
Rubyventures:

Delta State with all their oil used to be more developed , what happened?
40 percent for state development.

The remaining 60 percent for the elites grin
Re: Edo Set To Seal $500m Vehicle Assembly Plant, As Obaseki Pledges More Incentives by GavelSlam: 12:32pm On Jun 04, 2018
harrwix:

My delta state has a seaport, more oil than Edo but it is cursed with oversense and Ibori boys.

Until they are done away with Ibori and co. nothing good would come out of the state.

Shey in say in a must die with Ibori and PDP.
Re: Edo Set To Seal $500m Vehicle Assembly Plant, As Obaseki Pledges More Incentives by Iykenuwa(m): 12:39pm On Jun 04, 2018
frayozzz:
You cant take it away from him; this man is working.

And I say this again... Nigerians should watch out for this Obaseki, he will go places in governance, definitely.

Working by signing MOUs upandan?

All the ones he has signed so far, how far?

P.S. Have you collected your 5k for last month?
Re: Edo Set To Seal $500m Vehicle Assembly Plant, As Obaseki Pledges More Incentives by SirBunky85(m): 12:46pm On Jun 04, 2018
abumeinben:
I'm beginning to have a rethink about this man

Thanks for stopping by bro. Do you care for a drink?
thanks for ur kind gesture
Re: Edo Set To Seal $500m Vehicle Assembly Plant, As Obaseki Pledges More Incentives by Charly68: 12:52pm On Jun 04, 2018
Apart from Lagos,Edo state is another state to watch in Governmental management ..the Governor seems to be a phenomenon managerially ..Oshio Baba got it right
Re: Edo Set To Seal $500m Vehicle Assembly Plant, As Obaseki Pledges More Incentives by charmingfrank(m): 3:17pm On Jun 04, 2018
grin
NwaNimo1:
;Dlol....u killed it
Re: Edo Set To Seal $500m Vehicle Assembly Plant, As Obaseki Pledges More Incentives by Ejanla07: 6:32pm On Jun 04, 2018
GuyfawkesAB:
I just hope some folks won't get angry that a new vehicle assembly plant is about to be set up. They expect that only their son should assemble vehicles and others will only do so out of envy or to take him out of business

Obviously it is you who is jealous thr son have an automobile company.... Bitter soul

1 Like

Re: Edo Set To Seal $500m Vehicle Assembly Plant, As Obaseki Pledges More Incentives by afagins77: 10:53pm On Jun 04, 2018
This is a very good news..very soon, Edo state will be among one of the economic hob in Nigeria..Thank you very much Gov. Obaseki for all the wonderful things you are doing in this great state

(1) (2) (Reply)

Digital Economy: Osinbajo Commends Abiodun Over Launch Of OGDEIP / Sultan Of Sokoto Alarmed Over Insecurity, Calls For Prayers For Nigeria / 'Outright Collapse of Nigeria' Predicted by US Experts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.