Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,433 members, 7,815,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

Remembering Okokon Ndem And Radio Biafra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Remembering Okokon Ndem And Radio Biafra (3545 Views)

FRCN Takes Over Radio Biafra / BREAKING!!! Alleged Real Photo Of Buhari And Jubrin Released By Radio Biafra / (breaking News)radio Biafra Releases Buharis Real Picture And Jubril's Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Remembering Okokon Ndem And Radio Biafra by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jun 04, 2018
The words of Okokon Ndem come in handy here as some continue the fight against injustice. We all abhor a system that marginalises individuals and groups. It is also true that while we cry for equity, there must be a touch of wisdom and diplomacy. With awareness created, bridges should be built and walls destroyed.

Okokon Ndem was the most popular voice within and outside Biafra. He was not the Head of Radio Biafra but Radio Biafra was on his head. There was the popular jingle: “Onye ndi iro gbara gburugburu, na eche ndu ya nche mgbe nile.” Sasa Nwoke’s translation is: “The price of Liberty is eternal vigilance.”

This is the message from Okokon Ndem to IPOB. The broadcaster,dubbed Lord Haw Haw,by the General Yakubu Gowon Administration, used his voice to defeat Federal troops on air even if the battle was being lost on the ground. He also drew global attention to Biafra. Okokon Ndem was not Igbo. The journalist hailed from Ikoneto in Odukpani Local Government Area of Cross River State.
He died in August 2003 and was buried on Igbo Day, September 29, 2003. One prominent guest at the funeral was General Emeka Ojukwu, Head of State of Biafra. Burial ground was Calabar. Also in attendance were prominent politicians from the South East, including Chief Chekwas Okorie and Onwuka Kalu.
The lesson from this is that Biafra was never an Igbo movement.
The last President of Biafra, General Philip Effiong, Akangkang of Ibiono, though born in Aba was an Akwa Ibom son. Chief Frank Opigo, the man who named Biafra is from Bayelsa State and is today Dawai the Third, Amanaowei of Angiama. He was Administrator of Yenegoa Province. The most popular voice on Radio Biafra was a Cross Riverian.
The war started at 5.30am, July 6, 1967 in Garkem, Cross River State no thanks to Lt. Gado Nasko who fired the First Artillery shots. The last officer to leave Nigerian detention ,Col. Beneth Ochei, was from Delta State. One of the first ever hijackers, Captain Ibikari Allwell-Brown had Rivers blood in his veins. The trio seized a Nigeria Airways flight bound for Lagos from Benin. Allwell Brown flew the aircraft to Enugu.
Some top officers in Biafra were not from Igbo lands. Starting point should be Ibiono, home town of Gen. Effiong. It is also the place of Chief Ntienyong Akpan, Secretary to the Biafran government. The environment will shock all. There were civilians like Chiefs Ekukinam Bassey, J.E. Udoh-Affiah,Dr. Thompson Akpabio, and S.J. Edoho.
There were crack officers and soldiers from Akwa Ibom. Lt. Col Nsudoh,was described as “tough, courageous and iron willed, “ by General Alexander Madiebo, Biafra’s Army Chief. Col. Akpan Utuk was all bravado and was said to have committed suicide when news of the surrender got to him. There was one teenage Commando, Edet, who fought in Uzuakoli under Col. Emeka Ananaba.
From Cross River, there were civvies like Dr. Sam Imoke, Governor Liyel’s dad,from Itigidi, Abi.Chief Matthew Mbu, Professor Eyo Bassey Ndem, Justice Ndoma Egba, Senator Victors father and Frank Ugbut.
In the military, they had Lt. Col. Archibong, who according to Madiebo, was “one of the bravest officers I have ever met.” The young man on wheels of the dreaded Corporal Nwafor armoured car, Daniel Lawrence, better known as ‘Pampas of Argentina’ was an Ikom boy, born to a British mother from Liverpool. And Clement Ebri of the Biafra Airforce.
There was one armourer, Arikpo, from Mpaghni, Ugep who was ready to die for Biafra while his kinsman Okoi Arikpo defected to Nigeria to be appointed Commissioner for External Affairs. Mention must be made of Lt. Peseke Ita Ikpeme and Sylvanus Eta, one of the crew of the Panhard armoured car, Oguta Boy.
Then the train moves to Port Harcourt to see the family of Emmanuel Agumah. Other sons of the soil,among them Ignatius Kogbara, S.N. Dikibo and Sylvanus Cookey. The warriors included Col. Joshua John (J.J) Brown, Capt. Willy Murray Bruce, Senator Ben’s brother and Victor Masi.
From the Garden City, next stop is Asaba. Col. Joe Achuzia is still bouncing. We all remember the Asaba massacre of 1967 and what followed in Isheagu and Igbodo. Delta is the land of Brigadiers Conrad Nwawo, Okonjo, Auntie Ngoo’s papa,and Mike Okwechime. And Navy Chief Wilfred Anuku who was also an Army Commander just like Ben Nwajei. Bini man Sam Loco Efe too.
Yenegoa should not be skipped, at least for the sake of Chief Frank Opigo and Major Okilo who led the 63 Brigade. He was as steeled as Captain Ebube who chose Nigeria while his brother-in-law, George Ozieh (NAE 232) flew Nigeria Army boss, Col. Joe Akahan to death. So was Capt. Chris Ogbolu, brother to Col. Gab Okonweze’s wife, Carol.
Onward to Ado Ekiti. The soil of Col. Adekunle Fajuyi and Ayo Fayose. No condemning the Yoruba. They gave Biafra Prof. Wole Soyinka and Tai Solarin. Col. Adebayo helped out after the war as much as Chief Adeniran Ogunsanya. Maj. Ganiyu Adeleke was on the same side with his course mates Majors T.I. Atumaka, Okonkwo and Ogbonna.
There was also Capt. David Brown, the American Red Cross pilot who was downed across Opobo on June, 5, 1968 alongside his crew of two Swedes and a Norwegian. Count Von Rosen was a hero, with his minicons. So were the Portuguese, Artur Alves, Manuel Reis and Gill Pinto de Sousa among many others.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remembering Okokon Ndem And Radio Biafra by Heartbender: 6:04pm On Jun 04, 2018
Yen yen yen...and how did you pay them and their folks? how were they treated? Why do the "biafrans" call them betrayers? What happened to the raping and maiming of women, children, men andd destruction or seizure of Niger Deltan property and renaming their towns and villages? Now you've realised you NEED their help you're applying cheap pity. We die here for this Naija. Biafra is now Igbo. We have MEND. You have IPOB. Every aboki to him kettle. We can't be twice shy. We sef our mumu don do

4 Likes

Re: Remembering Okokon Ndem And Radio Biafra by LaudableXX: 6:15pm On Jun 04, 2018
Heartbender:
Yen yen yen...and how did you pay them and their folks? how were they treated? Why do the "biafrans" call them betrayers? What happened to the raping and maiming of women, children, men andd destruction or seizure of Niger Deltan property and renaming their towns and villages? Now you've realised you NEED their help you're applying cheap pity. We die here for this Naija. Biafra is now Igbo. We have MEND. You have IPOB. Every aboki to him kettle. We can't be twice shy. We sef our mumu don do

"Make everybody hol' im mama brezz!" - Graphiti, 2017. cool

2 Likes

Re: Remembering Okokon Ndem And Radio Biafra by Vinstel: 6:19pm On Jun 04, 2018
Okokon Ndem was a Biafran Hero true and true. Cols. Nsudoh and Archibong can never be forgotten by true Biafrans. God bless their souls

6 Likes

Re: Remembering Okokon Ndem And Radio Biafra by Vinstel: 6:22pm On Jun 04, 2018
Heartbender:
Pls nobody is begging you guys to join Biafra, the op was just remembering and honouring those who played a vital role for Biafra during the war. If you want to die with Nigeria, goodluck to you. For us, we can't be content with the anomaly that is the Nigerian nation

10 Likes

Re: Remembering Okokon Ndem And Radio Biafra by Heartbender: 6:26pm On Jun 04, 2018
Hahaha I laugh in Kolanut and ugba. Yet, you get angry and even lie when residents in Rivers state, especially Port Harcourt or any of the south-south states refuse your anti-country amalgamation and claim of biafraland Protests. Bikon hapum aka...onye iberibe people*in Okorocha's voice*
Vinstel:

Pls nobody is begging you guys to join Biafra, the op was just remembering and honouring those who played a vital role for Biafra during the war. If you want to die with Nigeria, goodluck to you. For us, we can't be content with the anomaly that is the Nigerian nation

2 Likes

Re: Remembering Okokon Ndem And Radio Biafra by Heartbender: 6:31pm On Jun 04, 2018
Hehehe...my dear, no food for lazy man no be person wey him mama get restaurant. Nigeria, if you wan divide, par sisi, ejor, biko, danala, divide into 5 or more sef. Biafra wan leave Nigeria but wan force Niger Delta. they keep saying they held Nigerian military for 3 years forgetting that as soon as Adaka Boro and the Niger Deltan unsung heroes left them, the war was determined.
LaudableXX:

"Make everybody hol' im mama brezz!" - Graphiti, 2017. cool

2 Likes

Re: Remembering Okokon Ndem And Radio Biafra by Vinstel: 6:34pm On Jun 04, 2018
Heartbender:
Hahaha I laugh in Kolanut and ugba. Yet, you get angry and even lie when residents in Rivers state, especially Port Harcourt or any of the south-south states refuse your anti-country amalgamation and claim of biafraland Protests. Bikon hapum aka...onye iberibe people*in Okorocha's voice*
Common sense should tell u that you can make your point without resorting to insults. But know this that there are people from the South south, especially the igboid groups who believe in Biafra. I know a lot of them personally and that's why I say, let those who don't believe in Biafra like you continue with your one Nigeria while those who believe in Biafra continue with their struggle for freedom. Nobody is begging or forcing anyone to join what they don't believe in

5 Likes

Re: Remembering Okokon Ndem And Radio Biafra by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jun 04, 2018
Vinstel:

Common sense should tell u that you can make your point without resorting to insults. But know this that there are people from the South south, especially the igboid groups who believe in Biafra. I know a lot of them personally and that's why I say, let those who don't believe in Biafra like you continue with your one Nigeria while those who believe in Biafra continue with their struggle for freedom. Nobody is begging or forcing anyone to join what they don't believe in

even the person u are correcting is speaking igbo....

what a shame....

2 Likes

Re: Remembering Okokon Ndem And Radio Biafra by Vinstel: 6:49pm On Jun 04, 2018
Heartbender:
Hehehe...my dear, no food for lazy man no be person wey him mama get restaurant. Nigeria, if you wan divide, par sisi, ejor, biko, danala, divide into 5 or more sef. Biafra wan leave Nigeria but wan force Niger Delta. they keep saying they held Nigerian military for 3 years forgetting that as soon as Adaka Boro and the Niger Deltan unsung heroes left them, the war was determined.
You're just exposing your ignorance here:

1. Major Isaac Adaka Boro was never part of Biafra

2. The Niger Deltans who did not support Biafra like Elechi Amadi, UJ Esuene e.t.c left Biafra very early in the war and their departure had nothing to do with the collapse of Biafra. Also note that many Igbos like Ukpabi Asika also didn't believe in Biafra and joined the Nigerian side

3. The "unsung" Niger delta heroes you speak of never left Biafra, they fought to the bitter end for the survival of Biafra. Nsudoh, Archibong, Philip Effiong, Achuzia, Ochei, Nwawo, Albert okonkwo e.t.c all of them Niger deltans never left Biafra. Indeed, some like laid down their lives for Biafra. Major Nzeogwu a brave Niger deltan was killed fighting for Biafra. You really need to go and read about the history of Biafra because it is clear that all you know about Biafra are fairytales told to you by God knows who

2 Likes

Re: Remembering Okokon Ndem And Radio Biafra by Heartbender: 7:09pm On Jun 04, 2018
Hahahaha...e pain am! is that the delusion they've been telling their umunna as folklore for upcoming generations? History. And myth always have a person's belief mixed with reality. Continue. Na only you waka come
Vinstel:

2. The Niger Deltans who did not support Biafra like Elechi Amadi, UJ Esuene e.t.c left Biafra very early in the war and their departure had nothing to do with the collapse of Biafra. Also note that many Igbos like Ukpabi Asika also didn't believe in Biafra and joined the Nigerian side

3. The "unsung" Niger delta heroes you speak of never left Biafra, they fought to the bitter end for the survival of Biafra. Nsudoh, Archibong, Philip Effiong, Achuzia, Ochei, Nwawo, Albert okonkwo e.t.c all of them Niger deltans never left Biafra. Indeed, some like laid down their lives for Biafra. Major Nzeogwu a brave Niger deltan was killed fighting for Biafra. You really need to go and read about the history of Biafra because it is clear that all you know about Biafra are fairytales told to you by God knows who
Re: Remembering Okokon Ndem And Radio Biafra by Heartbender: 7:11pm On Jun 04, 2018
See my problem with you people? Another catastrophe looms. Don't plow your farms okay? Keep making boundary adjustments. Odaro o.
Vinstel:

Re: Remembering Okokon Ndem And Radio Biafra by Vinstel: 7:14pm On Jun 04, 2018
Heartbender:

I'm just taking time to reread all the absolutely nonsensical falsehood you're peddling here, Abeg tell us, which Niger delta property was seized by Biafra troops? Which Niger delta towns were renamed by Biafrans? I'm waiting for you to mention them o. If anyone's properties were seized, it was the property of the igbos seized in the name of abandoned properties and if anyone massacred Niger deltans, it was the Nigerian army that did so at Asaba

4 Likes

Re: Remembering Okokon Ndem And Radio Biafra by Vinstel: 7:17pm On Jun 04, 2018
Heartbender:
Hahahaha...e pain am! is that the delusion they've been telling their umunna as folklore for upcoming generations? History. And myth always have a person's belief mixed with reality. Continue. Na only you waka come
Heartbender:
See my problem with you people? Another catastrophe looms. Don't plow your farms okay? Keep making boundary adjustments. Odaro o.
I'm waiting for you to counter me with historical facts and you're just busy making noise. Present verifiable facts to counter the facts I laid out for you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remembering Okokon Ndem And Radio Biafra by Vinstel: 7:24pm On Jun 04, 2018
Heartbender:
Afonja coward claiming south south

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remembering Okokon Ndem And Radio Biafra by Heartbender: 7:31pm On Jun 04, 2018
So you can abuse too angry grin grin grin. Hypocrisy is the mother of wailers
Vinstel:

Afonja coward claiming south south
Re: Remembering Okokon Ndem And Radio Biafra by Vinstel: 7:37pm On Jun 04, 2018
Heartbender:
So you can abuse too angry grin grin grin. Hypocrisy is the mother of wailers
I always have respectful and courteous discussions with people but for people who set out to deceive and be fraudulent, I have nothing but disdain and I addressed you in a manner that befits a fraud like you

3 Likes

Re: Remembering Okokon Ndem And Radio Biafra by kingzizzy: 7:49pm On Jun 04, 2018
Vinstel:

When these people fought for Biafra in the 1960's, there was nothing called "A Niger Deltan". At the time, the Niger Delta was mainly regarded as the area of the delta in present day Bayelsa and some parts of Rivers. That's why Adaka Boro declared the place Niger Delta Republic.

All these people in Delta state, Edo state, Cross River state and Akwai Ibom only started to be called "Niger Deltans" or "South-South" in the mid 90's during Abachas rule. The real Niger Delta area comprises of the 4 states where the river separates into atries and empties into the ocean and they are Bayelsa, Rivers, Imo and Abia.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remembering Okokon Ndem And Radio Biafra by Vinstel: 7:53pm On Jun 04, 2018
kingzizzy:

When these people fought for Biafra in the 1960's, there was nothing called "A Niger Deltan". At the time, the Niger Delta was mainly regarded as the area of the delta in present day Bayelsa and some parts of Rivers. That's why Adaka Boro declared the place Niger Delta Republic.

All these people in Delta state, Edo state, Cross River state only started to be called "Niger Deltans" or "South-South" in the mid 90's during Abachas rule. The real Niger Delta area comprises of the 4 states where the river separates into atries and empties into the ocean and they are Bayelsa, Rivers, Imo and Abia.
You're absolutely right!! This is why I like having discussions with knowledgeable people. You end up learning one or two things

2 Likes

Re: Remembering Okokon Ndem And Radio Biafra by kingzizzy: 7:57pm On Jun 04, 2018
No doubt Okokon Ndem was a great Biafran. My parents told me that Biafra, his voice was what kept people going in tough times.

The Nigerian Air force tried to find where the Radio station was broadcasting but the couldn't. What the didn't know what that the transmitter was kept under a Mango tree in Obodo-Ukwu in present day Imo state. The transmitter was heavily camouflaged as well as a nearby building, that Nigeriann forces simply couldn't find it.

Okokon Ndem was a great Biafran

3 Likes

Re: Remembering Okokon Ndem And Radio Biafra by Eastprince101(m): 8:21pm On Jun 04, 2018
its a sad reality most of us weren't born at this epic moment in our history ...we only depend on oral accounts of a few which would be distorted according to the author. however with tbe current happenings in Nigeria....i dont find it hard to believe that the IGBOS has been hurt by all... unjustly

2 Likes

Re: Remembering Okokon Ndem And Radio Biafra by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jun 04, 2018
Eastprince101:
its a sad reality most of us weren't born at this epic moment in our history ...we only depend on oral accounts of a few which would be distorted according to the author. however with tbe current happenings in Nigeria....i dont find it hard to believe that the IGBOS has been hurt by all... unjustly

very unjustly.....
our family has lost many things to northern madness.....
no matter preaching....i hv outruled forgiveness from my mind....

wickedness is real....
the first mdical doctor in our villa was lost to northern madness....

Nigeria doesn't need to be one...it should split

ask ursef why history both biafran war and all these issues has been removed from sch curriculum uptill date

they doesn't want anyone to know the truth.

1 Like

Re: Remembering Okokon Ndem And Radio Biafra by mightyhazell: 8:48pm On Jun 04, 2018
hmm
Re: Remembering Okokon Ndem And Radio Biafra by selemempe: 8:53pm On Jun 04, 2018
Mayrock:

very unjustly.....
our family has lost many things to northern madness.....
no matter preaching....i hv outruled forgiveness from my mind....

wickedness is real....
the first mdical doctor in our villa was lost to northern madness....

Nigeria doesn't need to be one...it should split

ask ursef why history both biafran war and all these issues has been removed from sch curriculum uptill date

they doesn't want anyone to know the truth.
wat u said is gospel.

In I think 2006 when Abuja was to host miss world, these northern babarians went berserk and started killing igbos in the north to show their protest. Ask me if miss world is an igbo event?
A Dannish cartoonist caricatured mohamed and igbos living in north had to pay with their lives. Till today, no northerner has been sentenced to death for insurgency yet igbos, yorubas and ss ppl have all lost their lives for crimes.

Nigeria is the only country in the world that is 50-50 islam and christian...how can we progress

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remembering Okokon Ndem And Radio Biafra by selemempe: 8:58pm On Jun 04, 2018
Heartbender:
why is it that once a topic like this is created, a Yoruba appologist (eg throwback) will come and polute it with falsehood and division? How often do u see igbos in other ppl's threads?

1 Like

Re: Remembering Okokon Ndem And Radio Biafra by Paperwhite(m): 8:59pm On Jun 04, 2018
Mayrock:
The words of Okokon Ndem come in handy here as some continue the fight against injustice. We all abhor a system that marginalises individuals and groups. It is also true that while we cry for equity, there must be a touch of wisdom and diplomacy. With awareness created, bridges should be built and walls destroyed.

Okokon Ndem was the most popular voice within and outside Biafra. He was not the Head of Radio Biafra but Radio Biafra was on his head. There was the popular jingle: “Onye ndi iro gbara gburugburu, na eche ndu ya nche mgbe nile.” Sasa Nwoke’s translation is: “The price of Liberty is eternal vigilance.”

This is the message from Okokon Ndem to IPOB. The broadcaster,dubbed Lord Haw Haw,by the General Yakubu Gowon Administration, used his voice to defeat Federal troops on air even if the battle was being lost on the ground. He also drew global attention to Biafra. Okokon Ndem was not Igbo. The journalist hailed from Ikoneto in Odukpani Local Government Area of Cross River State.
He died in August 2003 and was buried on Igbo Day, September 29, 2003. One prominent guest at the funeral was General Emeka Ojukwu, Head of State of Biafra. Burial ground was Calabar. Also in attendance were prominent politicians from the South East, including Chief Chekwas Okorie and Onwuka Kalu.
The last President of Biafra, General Philip Effiong, Akangkang of Ibiono, though born in Aba was an Akwa Ibom son. Chief Frank Opigo, the man who named Biafra is from Bayelsa State and is today Dawai the Third, Amanaowei of Angiama. He was Administrator of Yenegoa Province. The most popular voice on Radio Biafra was a Cross Riverian.
The war started at 5.30am, July 6, 1967 in Garkem, Cross River State no thanks to Lt. Gado Nasko who fired the First Artillery shots. The last officer to leave Nigerian detention ,Col. Beneth Ochei, was from Delta State. One of the first ever hijackers, Captain Ibikari Allwell-Brown had Rivers blood in his veins. The trio seized a Nigeria Airways flight bound for Lagos from Benin. Allwell Brown flew the aircraft to Enugu.
Some top officers in Biafra were not from Igbo lands. Starting point should be Ibiono, home town of Gen. Effiong. It is also the place of Chief Ntienyong Akpan, Secretary to the Biafran government. The environment will shock all. There were civilians like Chiefs Ekukinam Bassey, J.E. Udoh-Affiah,Dr. Thompson Akpabio, and S.J. Edoho.
There were crack officers and soldiers from Akwa Ibom. Lt. Col Nsudoh,was described as “tough, courageous and iron willed, “ by General Alexander Madiebo, Biafra’s Army Chief. Col. Akpan Utuk was all bravado and was said to have committed suicide when news of the surrender got to him. There was one teenage Commando, Edet, who fought in Uzuakoli under Col. Emeka Ananaba.
From Cross River, there were civvies like Dr. Sam Imoke, Governor Liyel’s dad,from Itigidi, Abi.Chief Matthew Mbu, Professor Eyo Bassey Ndem, Justice Ndoma Egba, Senator Victors father and Frank Ugbut.
In the military, they had Lt. Col. Archibong, who according to Madiebo, was “one of the bravest officers I have ever met.” The young man on wheels of the dreaded Corporal Nwafor armoured car, Daniel Lawrence, better known as ‘Pampas of Argentina’ was an Ikom boy, born to a British mother from Liverpool. And Clement Ebri of the Biafra Airforce.
There was one armourer, Arikpo, from Mpaghni, Ugep who was ready to die for Biafra while his kinsman Okoi Arikpo defected to Nigeria to be appointed Commissioner for External Affairs. Mention must be made of Lt. Peseke Ita Ikpeme and Sylvanus Eta, one of the crew of the Panhard armoured car, Oguta Boy.
Then the train moves to Port Harcourt to see the family of Emmanuel Agumah. Other sons of the soil,among them Ignatius Kogbara, S.N. Dikibo and Sylvanus Cookey. The warriors included Col. Joshua John (J.J) Brown, Capt. Willy Murray Bruce, Senator Ben’s brother and Victor Masi.
From the Garden City, next stop is Asaba. Col. Joe Achuzia is still bouncing. We all remember the Asaba massacre of 1967 and what followed in Isheagu and Igbodo. Delta is the land of Brigadiers Conrad Nwawo, Okonjo, Auntie Ngoo’s papa,and Mike Okwechime. And Navy Chief Wilfred Anuku who was also an Army Commander just like Ben Nwajei. Bini man Sam Loco Efe too.
Yenegoa should not be skipped, at least for the sake of Chief Frank Opigo and Major Okilo who led the 63 Brigade. He was as steeled as Captain Ebube who chose Nigeria while his brother-in-law, George Ozieh (NAE 232) flew Nigeria Army boss, Col. Joe Akahan to death. So was Capt. Chris Ogbolu, brother to Col. Gab Okonweze’s wife, Carol.
Onward to Ado Ekiti. The soil of Col. Adekunle Fajuyi and Ayo Fayose. No condemning the Yoruba. They gave Biafra Prof. Wole Soyinka and Tai Solarin. Col. Adebayo helped out after the war as much as Chief Adeniran Ogunsanya. Maj. Ganiyu Adeleke was on the same side with his course mates Majors T.I. Atumaka, Okonkwo and Ogbonna.
There was also Capt. David Brown, the American Red Cross pilot who was downed across Opobo on June, 5, 1968 alongside his crew of two Swedes and a Norwegian. Count Von Rosen was a hero, with his minicons. So were the Portuguese, Artur Alves, Manuel Reis and Gill Pinto de Sousa among many others.
Re: Remembering Okokon Ndem And Radio Biafra by Arda1000(m): 8:59pm On Jun 04, 2018
Vinstel:

I'm just taking time to reread all the absolutely nonsensical falsehood you're peddling here, Abeg tell us, which Niger delta property was seized by Biafra troops? Which Niger delta towns were renamed by Biafrans? I'm waiting for you to mention them o. If anyone's properties were seized, it was the property of the igbos seized in the name of abandoned properties and if anyone massacred Niger deltans, it was the Nigerian army that did so at Asaba
u shud av asked him what was niger delta name 50yrs ago bcus we only have niger delt like 16yrs from now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Remembering Okokon Ndem And Radio Biafra by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jun 04, 2018
selemempe:
wat u said is gospel.

In I think 2006 when Abuja was to host miss world, these northern babarians went berserk and started killing igbos in the north to show their protest. Ask me if miss world is an igbo event?
A Dannish cartoonist caricatured mohamed and igbos living in north had to pay with their lives. Till today, no northerner has been sentenced to death for insurgency yet igbos, yorubas and ss ppl have all lost their lives for crimes.

Nigeria is the only country in the world that is 50-50 islam and christian...how can we progress

we can't progress....as far as we remain this way....

look at Nigeria everything is stagnating.

1 Like

Re: Remembering Okokon Ndem And Radio Biafra by selemempe: 9:04pm On Jun 04, 2018
Mayrock:

we can't progress....as far as we remain this way....

look at Nigeria everything is stagnating.
and even when we still selling oil o. Imagine how nigeria will be when we stop selling oil or the oil finishes? We would then become a full, confirmed aboki country
Re: Remembering Okokon Ndem And Radio Biafra by PDJT: 9:18pm On Jun 04, 2018
-Nice one.

-Nigeria is already doomed. We, the believers, must continue to educate those around us especially the young about Biafra. We must not forget foreigners too, they also need to know about our beautiful Nation.

-Tell the world about Biafra!

1 Like

Re: Remembering Okokon Ndem And Radio Biafra by PDJT: 9:19pm On Jun 04, 2018
-More ink to your printer.
Mayrock:

Re: Remembering Okokon Ndem And Radio Biafra by Throwback: 9:19pm On Jun 04, 2018
selemempe:
why is it that once a topic like this is created, a Yoruba appologist (eg throwback) will come and polute it with falsehood and division? How often do u see igbos in other ppl's threads?

Why are you mentioning me in a thread I have not even viewed or made any comment, yet you are already terrified?

Is it that you so much crave my "pollution" or my words haunt you long after you've read them?

Why not enjoy your thread in the peace that self delusion affords, while I busy myself with my continuous pursuit of knowledge?

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Emoney Receives Another Gubernatorial Candidate In His Anambra Mansion- PICTURES / Nnamdi Kanu Exposes Buhari's Mask Wearer Palm Print / Shocking Picture Of Peter Obi Surface Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.